View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DMT Thread - The Fifth Symphony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: left with some light yellow crystal!!!! It smells heavenly, just as I imagined DMT to smell!

For anyone curious I did a VERY BASIC Straight-to-Base tek, using only air evap and no freezer or wash. The 2nd pull will likely result in more crystal. I violently shook the 2nd pull and only light toppled the first, so I will see which turns out. The 2nd pull was sitting for around 10 hours, instead of 4 like the first pull.

personally I don't see the use in taking massive amounts of time for the first 4 pulls. I usually mix for 15 minutes every hour for 3 hours, while the container is sitting in a hot water bath at approximately 110 degrees F. After the first 4 pulls I usually do 2-3 longer pulls taking around 12 hours each and adding warm/hot water periodically. ^^ Glad you got some Spirit omik, have fun, it's so nice being able to extract whenever you want/need more.

What purpose does the hot water bath serve? The exothermic reaction to the 3tbsp of lye seemed to subside within a couple hours, but mixing it all at first was very daunting.

edit: Also, I did not wait very long before adding the Naptha to the Lye/MHRB. Some teks say shake it for an hour, do you think I am missing yield and/or quality?

I don't think you should warm the naphta or do any hot water baths on the first two pulls. You'll get purer crystal on the first pulls if you just use room temperature naphta. Do the hot baths on the later pulls, this way you'll get nice white crystal on the first pulls, and you can pull all the spice on the last pulls.

The main problem I see most people have is not evaporating any of the naphtha down before putting in the freezer, It'll work for some people, but a lot of the time the naphtha just isn't saturated enough and the freezer isn't cold enough which causes nothing to fall out.

Evporating all the way always gives me a much less pure product unless you take very good care to evaporate slowly and as it gets to the end allow it to evap at a tilt so the oils and junk that isn't DMT can be left at a different area of the dish

Putting the mix in a hot water bath helps to heat the naphtha up and increase the solubility of DMT in it, but as Dread stated this will give a much much less pure product because the solubility of the junk in the bark also increases.

does anyone here just use a simple tweak pipe for their dmt?

It's been the best method I've used.

^ Lightbulb was the best method I've used, and the principle is pretty much identical.

Next time I smoke DMT, I'm gonna try a pyrex glass test tube. Unlike a lightbulb I won't have to worry about it shattering mid-toke and showering me with hot glass to kick off my trip.

I already posted my favorite method of smoking on another thread.

Basically, you cut the bottom half of a beer can, and the top half of a plastic bottle, and tape them together. Then you can either put it on the stove or heat it with a lighter, but the stove really gives you a hit that kicks your brain to another dimension.

I'm dying to give dmt a go, will follow one of the teks available and see if i can extract anything worthwile. Shouldnt too hard and it'll have the added benefit that i made it myself which is an achievment in its self :D

mmmmmmka i smoke some dmt in my bathub today (no wattter in it) but anyway it was about 4:00pm whne i first took it. outof no where it was 8:00pm, i hade just woken up from a nap an i mista felt alseeep in like 2 seconds.......i have no idea when happened in n]betwweethose times. it just felt like i pased out and woke up 10 minues eralier........... anyway what the fuck happened?

My first experience with the spirit molecule tonight was AMAZING! Did not breakthrough, but definitely was fully on it.

^ Mindblowing stuff, right? :D

Can I basically hit my DMT a second time directly upon comedown of the first, without having to worry too much about tolerance? Actually, what I had in mind was a pre-breakthrough minitrip - the logic behind this is that once I come down from low dose DMT, I'm totally mentally prepared to really dive in to hyperspace - this would effectively eliminate any pre-trip anxiety.

^ Mindblowing stuff, right? :D

Can I basically hit my DMT a second time directly upon comedown of the first, without having to worry too much about tolerance? Actually, what I had in mind was a pre-breakthrough minitrip - the logic behind this is that once I come down from low dose DMT, I'm totally mentally prepared to really dive in to hyperspace - this would effectively eliminate any pre-trip anxiety.

Not really, when i first got some changa i had a breakthrough experience (insane =D) and tried to hit it again once i'd come down (~15-20 minutes later) and the subsequent trips were very sub breakthrough. Still beautiful but far from the intensity of the first. I think tolerance lasts ~40 minutes to an hour from memory, cant remember where i read that though.

My advice would be to meditate beforehand, think about what you want out of the trip, clear your mind. As i hit it i remind myself "Let go, dont fight it, let the DMT take me where it will", seems to work for me :)

So if someone did a STB tek including lye, naptha, and a pickle jar. After he gets the saturated naptha in the freezer, what would he do with the big jar of gook?
More naptha? Or wait and reuse the naptha thats in the freezer? And about how many pulls could you get out of 250g mimosa powder?
Cant wait to experience

you could reuse the naphtha a few times (3-4 times and then throw it out.)

and while your first pull is freeze percipitating i would put new naptha in the jar.

as far as how many pulls to do...
well just keep pulling till the amounts that you get are not worth it to you anymore.

going to try to get my hands on some DMT within the next week....

Smoking it with someone far more experienced with this sort of animal than i am, kid has smoked a lot of DMT...

I want to meet the elves....

Suggested dose? a milligram scale is available so correctly dosing is not a problem.....

I really do want to dose high.... My first experience with DMT was unfuffiling.... and i know that what i did experience was like part of the tip of the iceburg.... I still have miles to fall down the rabbit hole on DMT....

I am not scared of this drug despite everything a lot of people have told me like "if you do too much you will probably think you died" i dont have an issue with that. I love my life but i accept my own mortality and know that eventually we all must die... I have "died" on salvia and it did not bother me....

I don't want an easy experience, I found my love in psychs through one of the most mindfucking trips i have ever had.... i walked out of my first acid trip shaken to the core, but although it did shake me up a lot it was the most beautiful experiences of my life and i would not give it up for the world. No other trip has managed to shake me the way my first acid trip did, ive been considering eating a 10 stip just to try to get to a point where i am overwhelmed.....

Im not doing this for fun or pretty colors, im doing it out of curiosity and a desire to learn about myself....

So that jar in the freezer has some crystals, and it seems to be getting more and more. But its been in there for about 24 hours......idk how much longer to leave it in there, and how long would it take to evaporate im so tired of waiting?
Last time i tried to freeze it went all wrong when i took it out of the freezer, and all the crystals disappeared

Can you post that kind of stuff in the DMT Tek thread?

I like this thread to be about the DMT experience, not synthesizing the chemical. I think there's another thread for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.