View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DMT Thread - The Fifth Symphony

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, would one follow basically the same procedure as the initial Naphtha pulls?
Add water and/or NaOH to the sludge first?

The Xylene doesn't seem to be separating out, even with hot baths. :|

Any tips?

Thanks! ;)

The tek I'm using recommends 2cp distilled water per jar, then 3tbsp lye (non-powder) added. It isn't until that sits for a day until the NaOH is added.

^ I'm sorry, I don't really understand what you mean.

That Xylene is some pretty nasty stuff. I made the mistake of using a red plastic cup to try to scoop up some Xylene that had floated to the top of my 5 gallon bucket, and that solvent ate through it like a blowtorch through butter. I think I might have tainted my whole bucket. :(

Plus, the Xylene takes FOREVER to evap and smells like utter hell.

Just wanted to share my first breakthrough DMT dream, for those interested.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?p=7172602#post7172602

Mmm, we are all so lucky! :)

Great report! I did some DMT last night after taking a month off, and my mind was reblown all over again. "Haven't you missed us?" the voluptuous naked pixies kept asking me, over and over again.

We are all, indeed, so lucky. :)

methods of smoking dmt

ello dunno if this has been covered but a friend of mine recently got some dmt looks pretty clean, apparently from mimosa rootbark, its pure white fluffy waxy crystals. they smoked it out a lightbulb and only got mild effects , considering he did 100mg after 50mg was only threshold.
so i wanna know how you all vapourize?sp your spice?

looks like this just white.
dmt_extracted__i2006e2244_disp.jpg

Last edited:
Purists will yell at me for this, but I've found the most reliable method for beginners is to use a bong with no water, put a screen in the bowl, a light layer of weed/ash, then your dmt dose, and then another light layer of weed/ash.

Most people know how to smoke a bong properly and hold good big hits in from it already. Otherwise you're in for a fun time of learning how to smoke a completely different contraption (unless you've smoked meth/crack) while wasting their precious spice.

You could buy a vaprozier, like the Volcano® from a head-shop or a freebase pipe. the best method is orally after first imbibing a mao-a inhibitor, like harmaline(150-200mg of freebase).

[Personal info removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
gravity bong but don't push down at the end pull up and just pull it out of the water and inhale it all at once.. tried every method 20+ times nothing has compared to gravity pull out

Sorry if this has already been answered, but what happens when you ingest MAOI, then *smoke* DMT?

The trip is lengthened, sort of 'slowed down' so it is easier to tell what exactly is happening, and it's easier to remember afterwards. You also don't need as much spice (tho feel free to pile it on if need be)

^Effects of DMT are, of course, lengthened. By how much, I wouldn't want to estimate. Changa (DMT on b. caapi) extends the effects to about one hour, give or take ten minutes. In truth, I'm unsure- try it and see :)

^ Is the caapi smoked or ingested? I've always been curious as to how effective a smoked mix of caapi / DMT is - what's the bioavailability of smoked harmaloids? Does the MAO inhibition really kick in fast enough to prevent any significant breakdown of the DMT? How long does MAO inhibition last?

Answers to these questions would be wonderful if anyone knows! :)

Anyone have any experience consuming a large amount of Vinpocentine before smoking DMT? Anyone care to experiment, possibly taking it an hour before smoking DMT?

Vinpocentine is a powerful Nootropic for memory, for those who are curious.

I'd like some info on changa :)
Like: it is said the experience is more grounded than DMT alone, is it also slower - less hectic, better integrated? More likely to turn out positive instead of just mindblowingly if not overly intense?
And does it produce much nausea to take the MAOi that way?

Also do people use mullein to better absorb the vapor in their lungs?

If one were to try the 'dmt for the masses' tek (http://www.erowid.org/plants/mimosa/mimosa_chemistry1.shtml) and, after everything but recrystallization, have perfectly clear naptha in the freezer (as opposed to 'snow globes'), what should he do? Is there any way there's dmt dissolved in the clear naptha? Maybe the freezer wasn't cold enough? Should he pour the naptha back in and try again? Just go ahead and try and filter it?

^^ you could try just evaporating the naptha

My guess is that probably means a) for some reason the naptha had no dmt in it (perhaps the lye/water solution wasn't basic enough to get the dmt out of the MHRB?) or b) like you said, the freezer isn't cold enough. Also how long did you have it in the freezer? It can take up to a few days for all of it to crystallize

I am really no expert though, only done a couple extractions

Purists will yell at me for this, but I've found the most reliable method for beginners is to use a bong with no water, put a screen in the bowl, a light layer of weed/ash, then your dmt dose, and then another light layer of weed/ash.

IMO this is the best method.. I always use a bong if it's available, it's just too hard to smoke a large amount quickly any other way. I've tried other methods (bowls, the machine, etc) but with a bong it's just so easy to get your whole dose in one or two big rips. I use water in the bong though, and it has always worked fine (and probably made the smoke a little less harsh).

Hmm, thanks a lot. It's been in the freezer for about day and a half. There's absolutely nothing precipitating out that I can see. I also used twice the lye they suggested (100g for 50g of bark), so I think it would be basic enough. Is it possible the root bark had almost no dmt to begin with? Does that happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.