• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Basic Mescaline/Cactus Questions Thread - Round Two!

Status
Not open for further replies.
now, I have access mescaline ...

Just out of curiosity is your mescalin in the form of cactus or cactus extract?
Or is it a capsule with a small amount of white powder in it?

If the latter it is not mescaline. Most likely a 2c-x.

Just throwing that out there as a warning.

Generally if you take your dose you should wait 2 hours to see how it hits you. By that time if you feel underwhelmed your best bet is to try again next week at a higher dose. Redosing in the middle of a trip to get to a higher state doesn't work; it just extends the effects.

my understanding is that this is false when it comes to mescaline. tolerance begins to build after the 2-hour mark (though not sure when)...unless i'm completely misinformed...anyone have input on this? in any case i'd love to find out when tolerance begins to build!

About six months ago I cooked a mixture of San Pedro and achuma. It worked amazingly. I gave the extra drink plus the unused pulp to a friend. He used some of the drink and got a decent effect. The rest of the drink eventually turned yellowish. The pulp has been at his girlfriend's freezer since then and he just got it back. He proposes that we try cooking another batch of cactus drink from the pulp. Would this be effective? Has the mescaline degraded? Has the plant material spoiled making it not a good idea to ingest? I did not do any freezing/thawing originally, just put the cacti in a blender.

I have read conflicting theories on what causes digestive distress during the onset of a mescaline trip. Some say to use the skin should be removed. Others say the core should be removed. I do not know if either of these theories are correct, so I always use the entire cactus.

Does anyone knowledgeable know how I can decrease the shock to my digestive system during onset?

Do an alcohol extraction. It'll be much easier on you.

Yes, or better yet an acid/base extract. Personally I couldn't down the cactus in any shape or form without extraction and I never threw up from a extraction.

^on the other hand ive taken acid/base extracted mescaline and puked quite a bit.

but i tend to puke on most psychs,

i guess the best way to avoid GI distress would be to consume the least amount of product possble and that means some sort of extraction.

I have read conflicting theories on what causes digestive distress during the onset of a mescaline trip. Some say to use the skin should be removed. Others say the core should be removed. I do not know if either of these theories are correct, so I always use the entire cactus.

Does anyone knowledgeable know how I can decrease the shock to my digestive system during onset?

I looked up this heavily before doing my first mescaline trip. I came to the conclusion that the skin and core should be removed. It only makes sense, as the skin is just a waxy see-through papery matter, and the core seems to be pretty bleak of anything.

I tripped pretty hard from what is relatively a small dose of cacti from what guides suggested per dose.. so from that i can conclude that the core and skin had no or very little mescaline in them. *This was a San Pedro cacti btw.

Last edited:
san pedro

I have a 3 foot tall san pedro cactus in the back yard and due to the deep freeze, I think it might of froze.
1st question: Will it be okay after a couple of days?
2nd question: If it's unsalvagable can I still eat it and get buzzed?

I suppose its possible that you may lose some potency if you are forced to harvest right now. I know that the mescaline levels fluctuate throughout the year. I read that the cactus uses mescaline to maintain its temperature and stay alive during cold winter months, so the best time of the year to harvest is the very end of the summer once the mescaline levels are at its highest. After it has been cold for a while the mescaline levels are at its lowest. Your cactus should be fine, but if it isn't, you can still harvest early to get something out of it, but if your cactus survives, I'd wait until the end of next summer to harvest.

I was just wondering, who out there has knowledge growin thier own cacti (Trichocerous) and more specifically know about cloning and doin cuttings.

i have three good arms coming off two of my cacti and i would like to do a cutting of each arm and try to get each arm to root so i will have five different cacti.

if anyone has any advice i would greatly appreciate it.

i have found some decent advice on Sacredcactus dot com and i know i shouldnt do cutting until spring or summer when it is warmer but does anyone else have any other suggestions/ guidelines

also if anyone has any techniques they prefer for taking care of the spots where the arms have been removed. if i am not mistaken i believe the 'scabs' should be protected from sunlight to allow it to heal properly but i am not 100% on this sooo if any one has nay feedback that they feel might help me out i would greatly apreciate it

thanks all

I have a 3 foot tall san pedro cactus in the back yard and due to the deep freeze, I think it might of froze.
1st question: Will it be okay after a couple of days?
2nd question: If it's unsalvagable can I still eat it and get buzzed?

i have two San Ps. one is in a pot and got brought inside and the other is outside and we are both n TX and got some similar whether there for awhile my San P that is outside appears to be ok, not amazing but def not unhealthy i imagine any damage done must have been minimal but i guess only time will tell.

were u able to protect it sorta when it froze? i didnt with mine i am just askin

anyways i am no expert but i do deal with similar whether as you PM me if u want

I was just wondering, who out there has knowledge growin thier own cacti (Trichocerous) and more specifically know about cloning and doin cuttings.

i have three good arms coming off two of my cacti and i would like to do a cutting of each arm and try to get each arm to root so i will have five different cacti.

if anyone has any advice i would greatly appreciate it.

i have found some decent advice on Sacredcactus dot com and i know i shouldnt do cutting until spring or summer when it is warmer but does anyone else have any other suggestions/ guidelines

also if anyone has any techniques they prefer for taking care of the spots where the arms have been removed. if i am not mistaken i believe the 'scabs' should be protected from sunlight to allow it to heal properly but i am not 100% on this sooo if any one has nay feedback that they feel might help me out i would greatly apreciate it

thanks all

I have some experience cutting San Pedro. Its actually very easy, much easier than trying to grow them from seeds. One night me and my friend cut his cactus and ate it. The next morning there was one small piece left that we didn't cut and it was 3 inches high, cut on both sides. Without any knowledge of cacti you might think it was unsalvageable, but all we did was put it in a pot with some dirt and now two cacti have grown from this little stub. Eventually though you want to transplant it into the ground so that it has room to root. Sorry if this wasn't helpful enough, but I just wanted to point out how easy it is to transplant cacti, well at least San Pedro. Really you cut one cactus into many pieces, plant them all, and have a whole garden's worth.

Would plugging the san pedro tea work? It seams like that would be better than drinking pure gross or wolfing down 120 caps of powder. Anybody try it?

Hmm interesting.. i never thought about plugging it eh. That'll be how i have to do it next time.. cheers!

I have some trichocereus peruvianus, and I would like to just make a comment about the dose.

I'm relatively experienced (25 LSD trips, 40 mushroom trips)

and it was my first time trying any mescaline cactus of any sort.

I capped 50 ounces manually and ate half the caplets (37 out of 73)

I ate about 25 grams, and it was a VERY heavy trip. on a somewhat empty stomach. I was literally floored, alot of body energy/flexing of muscles especially limbs for at least 5 hours of the experience, lasted for 12 hours or so to, (well after ingestion anyways). It was a beautiful time, and incredibly visual (peripherial spider webbing, tunnels made of tunnels that went into tunnels, alot of... cave like stuff deep spherical ..feelings).

I'm thinking of eating about half and build up again over time. it was compareable to 3.5-4 grams of mushrooms head on.

I suppose this batch is especially potent! I would appreciate any comments on dosing/strength of mescaline experience especially trichocereus peruvianus. I hear it has the most stimulation out of the three (peyote, pedro, peruvianus).

I would really like to explore it alot more but would rather find a much sweeter spot for dosing.

San Pedro evaporation

I have around 200-250 mls of enormously bitter San Pedro juice that I boiled down from a foot-length cutting according to the procedure detailed on erowid. The liquid is so incredibly concentrated and bitter that I don't know if I could stomach it. I tried freezing it in the hope that I could chip bits off and swallow more or less like pills, but it remained very sticky, even when completely frozen, and I just don't think this would work very well.

My question is what would I be left with if I just allowed it to evaporate down? My guess is a thick brown sludge that would be even more bitter, but at least there would be less of it to get down. I'm not interested in any hard extractions with chemicals or anything btw, but I'm open to any other suggestions people may have, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.