• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Basic Mescaline/Cactus Questions Thread - Round Two!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides making your head fall off, mescaline is pretty much a-ok :)

Mescaline

I have experience with shrooms about 15 times and LSD twice. all experiences very humbling.

now, I have access mescaline and I was wondering if anyone has had a bad trip from this substance? Would you consider it more overwhelming than shrooms or LSD? I am very interested in this substance but I must know some details before I just dose myself like an idiot. Input please and thank you :)

Most people would say that it's actually less overwhelming than acid or mushrooms. (Besides eating the plant material lol.)

I have never had a bad mescaline trip. Some are difficult, but always good. Mescaline is a pretty comfortable hallucinogen. It's duration (16-24 hours) is excellent.

If you like LSD, you should like Mescaline. It is nice and visual, and not notably stress-inducing.

god I wish i could get my hands on some mescaline. I have had a very hard time finding some in Ottawa.

note: I am not asking for sources.

It can make the susceptable vomit like crazy - a friends wife had a marathon pukefest after 380mg of mescaline HCl (synthetic not extracted), but she pukes on MDMA, 2C-E etc (basically doesn't do well with phenethylamines). Basically if you always puke with MDMA, get a bucket ready for mescaline!

My friend became a bit manic on the same dose, similar to the manic effects of DOM according to him. Personally I found it a fairly laid back experience

I've found I can pull back from mescaline into a sort of neutral space if feeling a bit iffy, something I find impossible with LSD. While I can see it could be possible to have a bad trip, the likelyhood is a lot less than with LSD opr psilocybin

Yeah, I agree with everyone that it's not a very overwhelming psychedelic at all... Very peaceful IMO. I read someone's description of it one time where they said mescaline is a great psychedelic to sit and watch TV on... I agree wholeheartedly, it sums up the peaceful nature of the drug that I have experienced really nicely.

Speaking of mescaline and televisions, watching wildlife programs on mescaline was insanely great. Highly recommended. I watched everything from fish to cats of prey, and ate up every moment.

all experiences very humbling.

This part tells me that even with the more overwhelming psychedelics, you'll be probably be able to salvage "bad trips" into "difficult trips", if necessary.

(Barring ridiculous doses)

We're still talking about a psychedelic here, hell can be fathomed and angelic soaring may occur. I think it's wrong to presume too much of an unlikelyhood that the experience may turn sour especially if set and setting are not uphold... but it seems that the serotonergic activity is so, that you would be approximating a sort of candyflip (no I guess the character is way different), rather something like the most perfect 2C there is and of course by definition it certainly is the 2C ground zero.

Of course what I say is speculation on my part since I still haven't had the pleasure. I am definitely looking forward to purifying my cactus product, A/Bing in the direction of a nice crystal, powder or otherwise superiorly quantifiable extract. <3

Hidden Truth, as you see I merged this into the Big & Dandy Thread meant for this talk :)

Ive made san pedro tea many many times, never gotten sick and never had any bad side effects. From what ive read the key to avoiding sickness is to remove the core and not consume any of it. Ive always taken the core out and never gotten sick, and i have friends who didnt take the core out and almost always puke on the come up. Its by far my favorite psychedelic. Way more mellow mentally than shrooms or acid with much more intense and colorful visuals. If you have trouble getting the tea down, try pouring it into an icecube tray and freezing it, then breaking the cubes up a little and swallowing them like pills then when its all down drink something hot.

If you have trouble getting the tea down, try pouring it into an icecube tray and freezing it, then breaking the cubes up a little and swallowing them like pills then when its all down drink something hot.

...To melt the contents of your stomach, presumably?

Um echos85... i tried that.. That was disgusting.

The proper, IMO, way to do it would be an alcohol extraction. Course that takes time. So does boiling. But eating that baby-diaper sewage consistency goop was one of the worst experiences of my life. Couldnt keep it down at all, wasted a crisp $40 on two stalks.

At least here in Peru it grows on my street, so now if I were to try this, It wouldnt cost anything :)

/envies his neighbors 12 foot x 6 inch sandy p

A bunch of 00 capsules seem like they would work well for dried cactus... Just pulverizing and capping up 25-30 or so...

A bunch of 00 capsules seem like they would work well for dried cactus... Just pulverizing and capping up 25-30 or so...

^^^definitely the way to go.

Also the tea isn't that bad if you let it cool, let the two layers separate and only drink the top layer. (the bottom layer will be slime-goop that got through whatever you used to filter it). at least that's what someone on BL told me to do...but not until after I had shaken up my bottle of tea and downed all the slime.

Also having something extremely sour is essential for drinking the tea. Like biting into a slice of lemon or lime after each gulp of tea to kill the bitterness. I swear san pedro tea has to be the most bitter thing I've ever drank in my entire life.

Man I didn't find any nausea whatsoever . Had an amazing clear trip .

BUT be prepared for the runs(diahorrrea) for the next few days .

I dont think that would be possible with Mescaline. A person would have to be very unstable to have a bad experience with it.

Well im pretty damn stable and i had a bad experience with it. I went outside and smoked a joint cause i was getting way to 'antsy' just lying on my bed, so i went outside and went for a bike ride round my street/neighbourhood. I lit up and smoked a joint and then i was like 'man i got soo much energy i need to just go hard or something' so i put my mountain bike into the highest gear and went up this steep ass hill next to my street as fast as possible. When i got to the top i noticed my heart beat was like, 250+ bpm and that i could feel my brain 'clicking' with heartbeats. I started badbuzzing soooooooooo hard. I thought i was gonna have a stroke and i was all by myself too.

So yeah, even though i recovered within half an hour or so i still freaked the fuck out and ive done mushies several times and other shit and never bad buzzed. Any psychedelic can give you a bad trip if the circumstances are there.

Yeah i dont think it did, but i have a feeling i would have bad buzzed eitherway, as i was only worried about having a stroke/heart attack as my heartbeat was so high, which would have been the case whether or not i smoked the joint. Reading somewhere a few hrs before the trip that heart attacks/stokes are a rare but possible danger, didnt help.

dude hearing my head 'clicking' with my heartbeat at 250 bpm would trip me the fuck out sober.

I can't imagine anyone having a bad time with mescaline and mescaline being the cause.

The only time I almost started to get worried on mescaline was when police helicopters started shining their lights near the park I was at, just as I hit peak.

i can't wait to combine mesc with shrooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.