• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Basic Mescaline/Cactus Questions Thread - Round Two!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^no way man, unless you're starting from seed. You can have a foot+ within a year, probably less. How big are the cuttings you have? do they have full root systems yet?

keep in mind i'm only referring to pachanoi(and all its variants) and pervianus, as those are the fastest growing. I can't speak for others.

I have pachanoi and bridgesii. My biggest pachanoi is about 12-13 inches and thick. Yes, it's well-rooted... as soon as I get or make proper soil I am going to plant it. Start it out in the shade and gradually move to full sun.

sweet. if its in a big enough container or the actual earth, that baby will rocket right up this spring. at 12 inches you wont have to wait long before you can cut a the tip off, and again at the base, with a large enough chunk leftover for whatever you like. let the tip root in dry soil, leave the base to bud. and uh....hang the middle section on the wall or something. :D what a beautiful plant...

edit: of course, it will be the middle of winter in 6 months...

Last edited:
what about cooking it down to no shot glass (powder, goo, whatever it comes out as) and mixing it in a smoothie?

Yes I'm sure some of your crazy recipes would greatly aid in the digestive (and enjoyment) process :D. This was my first time trying it, so I went for bare utility- not a yummy experience.

One thing I forgot to add was that I chased each gulp with some grapefruit juice. Some people seem to think the acidic juices intensify a trip- others claim it dumbs the trip down. I don't know either way, but I'll probably continue to drink grapefruit juice when I do the magic tea...

I recently helped a friend perform an A/B extraction on his San Pedro as per the tek for dummies at erowid. Both of us are novices, but there were just two steps where things didn't necessarily go to plan:
1) we over basified our solution. PH 11.5 instead of just 10.
2) we over salted our final stage - although this was semi intentional using food-safe citric acid.

Regardless, final product was not crystalline, but rather a rose-pink oil. It is extremely tart 8o but with definite essence of cactus.

Both of us are a little hesitant to consume although my own feeling is that the worst we might have done is pull over extra alkaloids in the basification step and made the end product somewhat acidic, but not necessarily dangerous from a PH aspect. Would I be close?

My friend has suggested vaporizing a little as an alternative method of ingestion. Would this be less safe than oral consumption test considering its low PH? (ie. could vaporized acid form in lungs?)

Realise its a bit of a grey area, but thankful for any feedback. It was a lot of effort and neither of us are keen to simply just throw it away.

hi, doing a iso alcohol extraction. I didn't freeze/thaw the powder before putting it in the iso. Does this matter? Or does the alcohol break the cell walls, i think/hope so... Cheers for any help.

If you got it pre dried and powderized, you'll be fine. The idea is to just make sure it's dry and powderized so the particle size is really small; more surface area for ISO contact = more goodies extracted.

got it as chips. got most of it to a powder but some of it is about a mm at most. Probaby gonna put it thru a blender after first pull, just to increase s. area as u say. didn't know if the alcohol could penetrate the larger bits and pull the contents of the cells out? this would of course take more time, also i could be wrong altogether but hey ho...

The best thing to do is put it into a coffee grinder and grind over and over. I find this does the trick well, coffee grinders get it to a small enough particle size.

How could you compare messcaline to lsd or mushrooms? Not in detail comparison of course but attributes, that is my main question.

Also, what does extracted mescaline look like and how do people take it?? I've heard of brown powder that is probably caffeine was LSD in it being sold as mescaline, and is it safer to just get the cactus from somewhere?

Extracted mescaline with alkoloids looked lightbrow powder at first. Than it become more solid and black.

I've had two pure synthetic batches; one of which was yellow like pure 2C-I can be and the other is lightbrown color. it all depends on how it was made. both were tested and work great. %)

Is it true that some of the non-peyote cacti are actually sold at garden stores in the US? I have no idea where to get a cactus otherwise.

Extracted mescaline with alkoloids looked lightbrow powder at first. Than it become more solid and black.

this is exactly what has happened to my extract. There is no loss of potency though, even with the really dark stuff.

Alright! I'm not sure if this is against the rules or not, but does anyone have advice for buying them at a store? What are they labelled as, and so on. Thanks!

Ahh, I'd be so happy if I found one, I've never done mescaline :D

i id'd it myself. there were a few blue torches around and this one looked diferent ( i usually get disapointed when i see blue torches cuz they look similar to lots of active cactus but arent). ... it was also unlabled. so i took it home and grew it and looked up thousands of pictures of diferent cactii and im positive its a bridgesii (after growing it for almost 2 years now)
http://www.herbalfire.com/images/bridgesii-cactus-trichocereus.jpg

looks identical to this, even has the whitish line droops... maybe ill get some pics of it up some time.

i have only had cactus tea one time before and it was from a friend and it was with a foot long slice of his cactus. i was wanting to get some more online, so i did, but only an oz., I prob should have asked first but ne ways, about how much dried cactus is necessary will about one oz. do it? or what do most around here use?
trichocerous cuzcoensis is what i am getting it is suppossed to be stronger but it might be a sham to get me to pay the extra 5$
i understand alot of people grow thier own and use fresh cactus and dont know the weight but if anyone has any answers about wether or not a single oz will do the trick would be greatly appreciated

edit: kinda found my answer after searchin back a couple of pages, woops

Last edited:
wwwNo sources please would someone be able to get these shipped to america? it says they ship to the U.S. but i'm not sure if the seeds are scheduled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.