• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy Amanita Mushrooms Thread

I have used dried amanita muscaria three times, once in combination with peruvian torch. If I remember right, it was 14g and 20g alone and 15g with 33g of peruvian torch. By itself, it was not psychedelic. It's effects were pleasant, with mild euphoria and some visual changes. It's main effect at that dose was as a sedative. The only side effect was nausea, and it was not very bad. I will be trying a 1.5oz dose later, maybe that will work.

With the peruvian torch, it was much better than either would be alone with those amounts. 33g of peruvian torch would be enough for only a +2 or weak +3, but this was a lot stronger than that. It was not just more intense, the psychedelic mind effects were increased and I felt that I was close to having an out of body experience. Amanita by itself also caused a feeling of being somewhat out of the body and blurring between the boundary of the body and outside world, but not as much as the combo.

never found the effects to be delerient like personally. I've had pretty nice experiences with amanita's the main effect on me seems to be a sedative quality, i find them very relaxing. You can get the usual brighter colours, richer sounds, effects from them, and i've had mood elevating effects too. I know some people mention nausea with them but ive not experienced any. I agree that they are not a very visual psychedelic, i've only had 'slight' oev distortions at high doses around 20g.

I think they are overpriced, so i dont buy them. But i do go and pick quite a few each year.

I ate about 3grams of a X20 extract of A Muscaria

Had some light effects but nothing spectaculer esp for what should of been the equivelent of 60G dried Muscairia

maybe dodge batch or something but I found myself a lil spaced out and intresting thoughts, light CEVs but nothing to make it worth it really

^^I've heard it said before that extract of a. muscaria can be inneffective.

Does anyone experience nausea from these (mushroom material)?

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't your muscarine receptors basically like acetylcholine receptors, and a. muscaria actives agonise these? Thus causing a delerious, anticholinergic like effect? Much of the desription of effects sounds almost like an antihistamine like dipenhydramine, or datura/brugmansia's

a friend of mine ate some (quantity unknown) at about the 1 hour point after taking a couple of blotters and he said it increased the overall intensity, but not like taking extra acid, but in some undefined & strange way.

He said the strangeness was unsettling, but couldn;t describe the state in a way that allowed me to form a picture of that state

The heat converts the ibotenic acid into the actives of muscimol & muscarine.

Ibotenic acid decarboxylates to muscimol, but not muscarine (they have a similar structure at first glance, but miscimol/ibotenic acid are oxygen heterocycles whereas muscarine is an oxygen/nitrogen heterocyclic ring.

I find it strange to say the least that the main active agent is hallucinogenic, but acts via the GABAergic systems

i have tried them recently (12 g dried cap material) and got a psychedelik effect, but of some different kind, and it was in no way deliriant. no optics, but very interesting mindspace, hard do describe. my body felt good and it was great to listen to some music. Cannabis boostet the psychedelic mindset alot and gave heave CEVs.

only slight nausea at the come-up.

i'm definitely looking forward at trying these again at a higher dose!

fastandbulbous said:
I find it strange to say the least that the main active agent is hallucinogenic, but acts via the GABAergic systems
I already wondered about that too. But some people get also hallucinations from Zolpidem (Ambien) - maybe there are similarities?

While I myself get only heavenly drunk and blackout from Zolpies...

I really really enjoyed amanitas. Extremely ermm intense lucid dream like experiance. The concious state is a little bit unenjoyable though. Somewhat delerious, but to the extent where I was aware of everything I was doing. Just I had to relearn many things while on it.

Merged several more informative amanita mushroom threads together to create a brand new Big and Dandy Amanita Muscaria Thread! I'm just now starting to work on editing it, though. But enjoy! We've needed this for a long time.

EDIT: Done :)

EVERYTHING BEFORE THIS POST IS CLEANED UP

Last edited:
I got some on the bay and they were great. I was eating them too much. It was a nice dissociative buzz but I went overboard with them and passed out and my GF woke me up and freaked out a bit when I was babbling incoherently. I think that if misused these might cause some of the passing out type stuff that ghb does so it's not a good idea to be reckless with them. After that incident I decided that I didn't need to use them anymore and got rid of the remainder. I used them about 10 or 12 times plus drank my urine for the recycling aspect. When I stopped I had an unpleasant feeling that was reminiscent of ghb withdrawel and it lasted about a 3 or 4 days.

Amanitas...

...I was wondering about dose and toxicity. First off, erowid lists a strong experience at 10-30g, but most everyone does like 8-12g, has anyone done more?

Also, I read a lot about temperature changes and body shaking. Are these effects pronounced and is it easy to ignore them and enjoy the trip?

Toxic is the first description that comes to mind when I think of Amanitas and then blindness and finally delusion. Don’t punish yourself.

they are psychedelic, but many people find them dysphoric

at 12g for the first couple hours i was sedated, i fell asleep for a half hour, and woke up tripping

the trip is completely different from a tryptamine or phenylethylamine trip

I've read a lot of glowing experiences on erowid... but they seem dangerous physically as well...

blase deviant said:
I've read a lot of glowing experiences on erowid... but they seem dangerous physically as well...

All psychedelic shrooms are considered posions by teh governments:|

Yeah, but amanitas seem more poisonous than real shrooms, by some accounts. I just wanna know what I'm getting into.

I have tried amanitas several times. Doses have been 3.5g, 7g, 12g, and 17g. The first three were eaten and the last was as tea. I experienced mild to no effects until 17g. Uncomfortable pins and needles feelings bordering on paralysis displayed itself in extremities. If they were not exercised they stiffened up. Vibrations ran throughout the body and were a bit scary. Thoughts were not entirely coherent and speech was tough. It was neccessary though as my ability to communicate during the ordeal reassured me that I had not done any permanent damage. I believe they lasted about 8 hours altogether.

Well just be sure if your picking them yourself. There is so much variability here, and even if your sure you have the original Muscaria. Different regions of growth, and numerous sub species (and faint differences color changes in cap, from crimson to more orange red), and based upon climate and (or) location or sub-species. Out of all the psychedelic mushrooms, there is the most variability here, by far. If (if) you can manage to get a certain Siberian grown sub species, and picked at the right time of year, the experience can be beautiful. But even THAT won’t be a guarantee! It can be like E, apparently, as your 1st good trip is your last one, and can never duplicate the heaven again. I would describe it as a dreamy, almost narcotic cosmic journey. You are in this semi-lucid state. Mouth is BONE DRY. This is at its best. But be careful. The trips can be sub-toxic or worse. And many relative species are DEADLY poisons! Even the one you are after was used to kill flys! But yes, if you get the real thing (have NOT seen online that one), it is pure bliss. Any Anamita Muscaria will not do. Sorry;)

Moved a new Amanita question thread into here. Don't forget we have a Big and Dandy Amanita Thread now!