• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy Amanita Mushrooms Thread

i did and like with the mushrooms, i only got a very sedative effect

i don't remember the weight, but knowing that i need more for almost every drug, and having been disappointed by the amanitas itself (10 and 20g), i took what i think was 3 doses

i don't know if the extract was weak or if my stupid metabolism just won't play along

Muscimol is a GABA-A agonist, very dangerous in large amounts, but can be used safely.

ibotenic acid is a massive neurotoxin, and is used by scientists to blow holes in the brains of animals (i.e. you inject it into a spot in the brain and >90% of brain cells die) HOWEVER, ibotenic acid is rapidly metabolised to muscimol, and has poor access to the brain due to it's polar nature.

While I know that amanita muscaria can be used safely, I would never used it because I know how deadly GABA-A agonists and ibotenic acid can be.

I've tried them a couple of times.Drooling, terrifing visuals, and being incapacitated whats funner.I've seen people shit themselves on fly agarics literally.I'll do a low dose (10-15 grams) every once and a while but thats it.Some think they are inactive but that because you need to get them at the right time from the right place otherwise you get a buzz and thats it.Here's some links

http://redangels.yage.net/

http://www.jamesarthur.net/

ibotenic acid is converted to muscimol when heated. Eating amanitas raw would be very dangerous, but eating them after cooking them or making a tea or drying them with heat is much safer.

Limpet_Chicken said:
Bilz0r, could you perhaps elucidate, for someone not quite as versed in neurochemistry as yourself, a little more on the basics of direct GABAa agonists, and neurotoxicity caused by them?

The GABA-A agonist effect of muscimol is unrelated to the neurotoxicity

The ibotenic acid is neurotoxic because it's a NMDA receptor AGONIST.

what effect does muscazone have?

I read in a book called Magical and Ritual Use of Herbs that they have like five active alkaloids in them.

Tried them when I was younger many times. Sometimes I would encounter dream like visuals and a very eerie feeling, almost like God is pointing down at you and showing you his wrath. But the biggest effect I got was gold fish memory, very hazy vision over everything, anything you try to read is impossible because of how blurred everything is, a tired feeling, and an unpleasant constant gagging feeling, like your stomach wants to release gasses but you only have the ability to gag and not burp.

in Japan they sell mushroom extract which is just brown colored powder.. perhaps this is what you're referring to, but I don't think so because the extract I did of amanita muscaria was the most intense experience of my life. the extract also contained 5-meo-dipt, however, and I did eat a dose for two people (as I found out after the fact by talking to the shopkeeper). anyway, the experience is still effecting me profoundly today - pretty much exactly a year later. I haven't written a full out trip report about it, but you can read bits and pieces about my experience in this thread: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=252897&highlight=terra.firma
that I started due to its seemingly large contribution to me developing hppd.

Please help me prepare amanitas for consumption safely.

SWIM has an ounce of dried amanita caps.

If they are "dried" does that mean they are already, essentially prepared for consumption?

I know fresh mushrooms must be dried or heated in an oven or something to convert the ibotenic acid to muscimol (sp), but has this process already been done for me?

I wasn't sure, and today was my planned trip day, so I saute'd a 4 inch diameter shroom cap in olive oil till it was a dark brown/black, and ate it. I might have burned it, lol.

I don't know, someone help me.

utfse

dried caps are edible as they are, but they taste a bit funny.

I'm not asking if they're edible (of course they are) but has most of the ibotenic acid already been converted to the favored muscimol?

and yes, i used tfse to no avail, that's why I posted this topic.

Drying will decarboxylize ibotenic acid to muscimol. In other words, if they are dried...they are ready to go. There is no reason/need to heat them or cook them.

Thank you sir. Will cooking them anyway destroy anything? I'm sauteing my shrooms in olive oil and they taste great. I'm not burning them though, just browning them a bit.

I have yet to have a truley visionary experiance with a. muscaria. I have had very sedating "trips" with the combo of amanitas and h.b. woodrose, but no true trips from the mushrooms alone. btw, I have gone up to about 15g of dried mushroom.
Still, I have also wondered about the extracts myself

trip.more said:
^^most likely death

I don't think A Muscaria has ever killed anyone. I can think of two overdosages related to psilocybe, but not related to Fly Agaric. Fresh or dried, this mushroom does not kill.

I have tried Amanita mushrooms several times, although only at low doses (less than 10g at a time)

You have to bake them in the oven at 170 C to make sure all the ibotenic acid is converted to muscimol. If you don't do this then they make you very sick and vomiting and may be neurotoxic also as stated above. Plus there is muscarine in them also which is a cholinergic agonist and has the opposite effects from datura ie makes you sweat and salivate heaps.

By themselves they mainly make you sleepy and relaxed, i found small doses quite pleasant and euphoric but when you have enough to start to trip out properly you get really tired and don't remember much afterwards, and i never had enough for it to be intensely strong or anything.

Amanita mushrooms plus Psilocybe mushrooms is a nice combo though, i felt that it kicked the psilocin in and made it last longer, changed the character of the visuals slightly as well. And taking a small amount of adrafinil and valium and GHB after the mushrooms and then smoking some weed after that made for a great day out...

I don't think A Muscaria has ever killed anyone. I can think of two overdosages related to psilocybe, but not related to Fly Agaric. Fresh or dried, this mushroom does not kill.

I'm 99% sure you are wrong here, i recall reading of a a.muscaria death where the victim ingested several dozen caps, for a meal. I will try to dig up a link. In 'recreational' doses however it doesn't pose a severe risk to ones life.