View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find LSD the smoother drug at higher doses - more euphoria, none of the al-lad side-effect of feeling hot and far more clear-headed.

do you not feel you learned anything from being so overwhelmed?

Not with al-lad unfortunately no. The visuals are very strong but they arn't as smooth or spiritual as LSD, it just feels like you're watching a tv that isn't tuned in correctly with vivid purple lines across your field of vision. This is taking it at night indoors - perhaps outside in the sunshine it would be better.

Also when you say 'uncomfortable' do you mean actual physical discomfort or mental?

Physically I feel very hot at 250+ doses, isn't that something you've noticed? And mentally it's a little uncomfortable too. I wasn't taking it regularly enough to build up any tolerance. With it being legal people will be taking it every week and building up a tolerance - presumably that's why some are now taking higher doses. For the first 6 months it was available I can't remember many people saying "take 300 plus".

But obviously it's all down to the individual.

EDIT: One more thing I noticed about al-lad was it's nowhere near as good as LSD for music appreciation. That was one of the major disappointments.

I tend to agree with you on this. I accidentally took about 400ug when i had liquid lad. It got very disorientating and not in a fun way, couldn't see across the room with the crazy visuals which didn't seem to have much meaning or feeling to them like lsd would and i also got pretty overheated during this. Don't get me wrong I love al-lad but i wouldn't take over 150ug of it but with lsd Im comfortable going to around 250ug. I find al-lad is a gentle and more playful version of lsd and it shouldn't be pushed to mimic the more spiritual effects that lsd has, I use lsd for that.

So real quick, is the AL-LAD experience about the same as the LSD experience?
Nope. If you want an LSD experience, stick with that.. though I do still really love AL-LAD.

Physically I feel very hot at 250+ doses, isn't that something you've noticed? And mentally it's a little uncomfortable too.
Yes, definitely - I didn't notice the hotness usually, but when I combined it with some coca tea (stupid idea, festival-induced).. that was unpleasantly toasty. I've also found that AL-LAD seems to really potentiate anything it's combined with, including weed, which has led to a few dizzy moments.

I couldn't imagine anything being more euphoric than AL-LAD to be honest
Yep, agreed. I actually prefer a low dose (around 75 mics or half a tab) where the euphoria is better than MDMA, for me. If I wanted proper trippiness I'd stick to LSD or shrooms.

spoiler tags for massive post

I'd recomend you start with this thread from the beginning.

Sure, why not? Let's see if everyone is saying 150 is "the sweet spot" and no one enjoys 300+.

That sounds a lot better than what I got from 150 mcg of AL-LAD, which was very light.

I've tried this chem 3 times, at 300ug, and twice at 600ug. It's very nice but I'd like to push it further. It seems about half as potent as LSD by weight.

I've done 600ug four times. Physically, I was fine - no difference from 300ug or 450ug. Mentally, it wasn't too bad either, although I was happy to always have company with me to talk to when it got too weird.

I felt pretty underwhelmed at 150ug tbh.

Combined 300ug AL-LAD with 10mg 4-HO-MET to absolutely fantastic results the other day :)

Feels pretty controllable to me at 2 blotters.

really like this stuff dropped 2 at once 300ug and had the maddest time

al-lad is very friendly in low doses up too 450 mics

So i waited for tolerance to drop for 2 weeks. My second time was at 450 mics and it was lovely, comfortable, and lucid.

And from the first megathread:
8-12 said:
I tasted just under 300ug a few days ago, I'm not going to write a full report because I found this dose to be somewhat underwhelming

omgzzz said:
I got to try this out over the weekend and it was good stuff. I took somewhere between 300 and 380 micrograms of it. I took it at around 515pm and felt it around 45 minutes to a 1 hour. It took somewhere between 1.5 hours and 3 hours to really get going. It started to die down around 1 or 2 in the morning. I went to sleep at 3 and fell alseep pretty quickly even though i was still tripping a bit. Woke up the next morning off base/afterglow and it was nice.

Dr Mamba said:
Took 2 blotters ( 300 mg ) it was at the same level of potency than same dose of LSD.

any major dude said:
Finally got around to trying AL-LAD the other day. I was pretty impressed! Took 300mcg about an hour and a half after a moderate size meal. Felt alerts within 45 min or so, but didn't get really going til between 1.5-2hrs in. Felt little in the way of side effects, maybe some slight stomach discomfort, but I also smokedmore cigarettes than usual, which could have played a factor. Visually similar to but distinctive from LSD. Plants & trees danced A LOT, but relatively little in the way of the swirly twisting stuff I get on LSD. It did seem to lack the slightly sinister, mischievous feel of LSD, which could be positive or negative IMO.

The Shadow Self said:
I ingested 600 ug of AL-LAD last night and it was just beautiful. Really, really impressive, and seems to scale up nicely with essentially no body load, no anxiety, incredible OEV's, lush color immersion, and some very welcome head fuck, but no shame fest or negative introspection.

mrcientist said:
This really needs to be dosed high to get the full experience. I mean 500ug plus

Just A Guy said:
A friend of mine who uses psychedelics but is new to the novel psychoactive substances market wants to try AL-LAD. I suggested 300ug, even though I'd tried 450ug and it was a beautiful amazing experience.

Wayne C said:
300 ug's of Al-Lad was fairly positive, it wasn't nearly as intense as expected but still pretty crazy.

Boupstarnm said:
450ug of al-lad was probably one of the most visual psychedelic experiences I've ever had. Just amazingly beautiful and filled with love.

Redbong said:
I concur. I've sampled al-lad 3 times. Once at 225ug, 300ug, and 450ug. Every time has been phenomenal and groundbreaking. Truely priceless stuff. I would also say that the dose response curve is about linear. 450ug is probably the most I would take. I felt safe the whole time, and could've handled more, but why try? I was more than content with the level of psychedelia.

Flying L0tus said:
One week later I trialed 450ug to spectacular results. Felt extremely safe on the body - none of the NBOMe "jaggedness" I've grown accustomed to over the past year or so. Visuals were of a higher quality as well. A solid +++ for sure.

Psychonaut69 said:
My sweet spot is 300 ug, or 20 mg 2C-B mixed with 150ug AL-LAD, amazing stuff.

Garchi said:
Did 300 µg yesterday along with a buddy (who also dosed 300 µg), was a beautiful und totally smooth ride (slight but tolerable bodyload). It was a good dosage for the first time (especially since it was the first tryptamine for my friend), but next time we're definitely going for 375 - 450 µg (we're both pretty heavy).

Gratuitous Grace said:
I've taken numerous trips at lower doses ... 150ug, 300ug, 450ug. And I've been up to 600ug just once -- at which point things went pretty upside-down, I guess. Not bad (not bad at all!) -- just a little squirrelly
-----

So I'd say, as with any drug, different people have different reactions. Certainly for some people 150 is satisfying, or even challenging. That's why I recommend people start there. But to say people who enjoy 300+ ug are unusual is just flat out wrong. There's an absolute ton of good reports at those doses.

Last edited by a moderator:
What!
no way. why would I do that? if anything, you are a great contributor here and I look often to your opinion about different other chemicals and I find your post often very helpful! ect. no hard feeling toward you whatsoever :)

but its clear that you didnt like your al lad experience, and many do and many recommend over 300 al lad.

yes, I will begin with either 300 or 375, not 450 though lol!
Why do you think I havn't read as much as you?

I'd recomend you start with this thread from the beginning. If you can find many people saying take 450 for your first dose I'd be surprised.

Although I'm getting the feeling that this is more down to the fact that because I didn't share your opinions about buddhism in that thread the other day that you now want to "get your own back" on me? Let it go man - like the Buddha said.

Last edited:
I couldn't imagine anything being more euphoric than AL-LAD to be honest, at times it would feel so orgasmic i had to let out a groan

That's interesting chronic - is that on high doses? When I have 300 the chaotic visuals tended to put a dampener on my euphoria.

It sounds like i need to get some verified LSD (only tried it twice before) and run a side by side

Definately worth doing. I was in the same boat for a year or so - could only get al-lad, then I got hold of some LSD again. I do love al-lad but LSD was just better in every regard at higher doses, apart from the longer duration - al-lad is better because you've not got as long a comedown.

I tend to agree with you on this. I accidentally took about 400ug when i had liquid lad. It got very disorientating and not in a fun way, couldn't see across the room with the crazy visuals which didn't seem to have much meaning or feeling to them like lsd would and i also got pretty overheated during this.

Yeah the heat thing took me a while to notice. First few trips at lower doses I must've overlooked it but when I hit 300 I was roasting.

Yes, definitely - I didn't notice the hotness usually, but when I combined it with some coca tea (stupid idea, festival-induced).. that was unpleasantly toasty. I've also found that AL-LAD seems to really potentiate anything it's combined with, including weed, which has led to a few dizzy moments.

Couldn't imagine combining it with much at higher doses anyway - be a bit too worried about the overheating and the chaos of the visuals.

Coca-tea! That's the stuff! Did you drink it or go old-school and stuff the teabags in your cheeks with some calcium carbonate?!! The days I used to spend with teabags stuffed in my cheeks all day.

What!
no way. why would I do that? if anything, you are a great contributor here and I look often to your opinion about different other chemicals and I find your post often very helpful! ect. no hard feeling toward you whatsoever :)

Hug ((())) :)

Yes, I will begin with either 300 or 375

Let us know how it goes murphy.

Last edited:
I've never had temperature issues with AL-LAD, even at relatively high doses. Anyone else get overheated on it?

That's interesting chronic - is that on high doses? When I have 300 the chaotic visuals tended to put a dampener on my euphoria.

I've only tried 150 & 300 once each, 150 was euphoric but felt very dissociative and heady/mental, with 300 the euphoria became more physical like it was rushing through my whole body at times, the only time visuals got chaotic were during CEV's, i remember every thought i had brought up an image so there were images stacking up on each other all over my visual field, i felt like i got some insight into my mind from the experience though, i found the OEV's minimal unless i willed them on

How do you feel your visuals become chaotic? Can you describe what you're seeing?

I can definitely see how things could get fractal on this, mentally it has a repetitive nature so i can see how that could extend into the world of visions

I've never had temperature issues with AL-LAD, even at relatively high doses. Anyone else get overheated on it?

At 600ug, I did notice a certain propensity to feel a tiny bit warmer than usual. Very minor, and not unlike LSD, which also had a similar effect on me at times. To be honest I always thought it's pretty well established that LSD may raise your body temperature a bit.

If you are overheating on AL-LAD, please recall that we are researchers after all ;) - you can always break out the ole thermometer and report back. You know, for science :)

Ismene: How many times did you do 300 or more? It sounds a bit like you're decribing your idiosyncratic reaction to that dose as if it's how everyone else will experience it - i don't recognise that description - i've found that 150 is nice as a taste, but it's only at 300 that i get an actual 'trip', and it's been amazing every time for me - i wasn't troubled by visuals at all, it's been very controllable. It's also been deep and heavy enough that i wouldn't recommend it as a starting dose, or to anyone not experienced with psychedelics (i was definitely in the 'funhouse' a few times (especially on the batch with the grey tide mark which were way stronger than usual)). For beginners, 150 is plenty.

I personally prefer it to lsd at higher doses as it tends to be more euphoric and friendly for me, and less analytical or sinister (i do like those qualites in lsd, but it makes it more headwork and means i do it less regularly that high). (that's not to say al-lad is 'easy' it's a proper psychedelic at 300+ and needs repsect (and i have had the sinister/gone mad forever vibe on it on occasion too))

Last edited:
I also find 150ug pretty mild (even disappointing). It's cooler above 200ug, but I find the dose response curve to be pretty linear. Even 225ug is significantly less intense for me than 100ug of LSD.

I'm considering going up to 450ug, as so far it hasn't been all that impressive. Fun, but pretty shallow.

Ismene: How many times did you do 300 or more? It sounds a bit like you're decribing your idiosyncratic reaction to that dose as if it's how everyone else will experience it - i don't recognise that description - i've found that 150 is nice as a taste, but it's only at 300 that i get an actual 'trip', and it's been amazing every time for me - i wasn't troubled by visuals at all, it's been very controllable. It's also been deep and heavy enough that i wouldn't recommend it as a starting dose, or to anyone not experienced with psychedelics (i was definitely in the 'funhouse' a few times (especially on the batch with the grey tide mark which were way stronger than usual)). For beginners, 150 is plenty.

Probabaly 5 or 6 times before I gave up on it at high doses. 300 would have me barely able to see across the room for the visuals.

Even 225ug is significantly less intense for me than 100ug of LSD.

Two blotters of al-lad had always been a lot more intense than any 2 blotters of LSD I've had. Whether LSD is dosed a lot lower I don't suppose we can ever know.

One of my friends recently did 3 x 150ug tabs, they'd done a bit of LSD a week or so before so took the extra one to account for any tolerance build up. All in all, a very enjoyable trip, massive euphoria from listening to some good music, pretty strong visuals, when closing eyes and laying comfortably on bed, felt like their body did not exist and they were just pure energy or part of the music.

Did not notice any time dilation that they'd experienced on higher LSD doses, did not find the trip so encompassing, instead feeling more able to function normally, where as on the higher LSD doses, even they wood pattern of their door would distract them for what felt like ages. Quite a bit of body load, feeling a bit cramped, breathing a little tight, heart rate raised slightly, sometimes tingly arms and legs like pins and needles. Subsided easily enough and returned to baseline and felt absolutely fine. Most of that was similar to LSD though.

Had 300ug for my first dose, but i had eaten a decent meal about 2 hours before. Waited for an hour and had first signs of comeup, so i decided to redose one 150ug blotter. So in total 450 ug, it really hit me on two hour mark. It was extremely fun and euphoric, virtually no bodyload if compared to NBOMes. Visually, it wasn`t mindblowing, but visuals were beautiful and enjoyable. Weaker, than 2 blotters 25-b-NBOMe but more enjoyable. It was similar to LSD, but not identical - LSD produces more swirling for me, but patterns and colour pallete were similar. Also i got decent closed-eye visuals, that i dont get with NBOMEs - multidimensiolal geometrical shapes and tunneling. Almost forgot to mention the music - it felt absolutely awesome, enjoyed techno and deep house all night, it really makes you appreciate the music, it gets right to your soul.

About 8 hours after dropping i did a line of speed - it made visuals less noticable, but no ill effects or extra bodyload.

I`m quite experienced with psychedelics and one blotter doesn`t give me any visuals, 2 blotters gave some and three were decent. I think that i`m doing 600 ug for my next trip, because 450 had virtually no bodyload for me.

It´s my favorite psychedelic after lsd - very calm and enjoyable mindset, great music appreciation, enjoyable visuals and virtually no bodyload. I would like it to be a little more potent, but you can always take more.

For the price of one lsd blotter, that are usually only 50ug here i can get 3-4 al lad blotters and it`s definitely more intense.

I'm from a small eastern-european country, psychedelics are very expensive here and LSD is really difficult to come by. For the price of 3-4 blotters, that are more often than not NBOMEs or other crap, you can get 10 strip of al-lad. Have to get some before the ban.

Last night started with 112.5mcg (give or take) and then redosed another 150mcg 2 hours in, the redose came on very fast and don't think too much was lost to tolerance (if any at all) as the OEV's were much more pronounced than 300mcg off the bat a couple weeks ago, the visuals were quite fractured/jerky on the onset, pulling one way, then the other way, not as flowing/wavy as psilocybin, there were times where moments would rewind and then play back again which is a very strange thing to witness, especially when it felt like i could control it

I smoked cannabis throughout this time with no issues, last time after smoking heavily on the peak the traditional momentary psychedelic fear combined with 'RC fear' really had me going for a minute but this time i knew it was safe as, i found all the hallmarks of a psychedelic that stretches mentally imposed limits were there but the stability of the euphoric push of it just keeps things moving along, on psilocybin one could potentially dwell in mindstates for longer so that you have to work harder to pull yourself out of it, whereas this pulls you out of it and pushes it all along by itself

The CEV's were incredible, i don't really trip for visuals but they were so inextricably connected to emotions and so encompassing it was truly beautiful, fractals that built until they made me gasp out loud
I found the CEV's responded to emotions that the music evokes not just any old sounds playing, it's like if i didn't get into it and feel it then nothing happened, if i expected to see something i wouldn't see much or would see incoherent visuals, but when i let go of mental expectations and just felt things out it all sprung into life in a beautiful way

After the OEV's mostly wore off i had the impression it was all winding down but once adjusted it was going strong for a few hours after, i really felt like that's where the trip actually set in and truly peaked for me, kinda like psilocybin where after the fast onset it all calms down and becomes clear, if anything i find the strong OEV's are still part of the come up/defragmentation process
In the latter stages where the OEV's were waning i had an insatiable urge for self scrutinization, on psychedelics at times it can be easy to slip into dreamy states where you're not really pushing yourself with therapeutic intent but i was so on the ball it was great, the fundamental things i was reflecting on were letting go into love and honoring the experience, not letting it be a passing thing but integrating it, so much love...

I really do love the come down as it's so clean & clear, i find it such a shame so many people have a fear of psychedelics, today being new years day with half the worlds population hungover i find it really weird that people use alcohol so much when in comparison to psychedelics it's the one of the most sloppy intoxicating unfulfilling drug experiences there is, at least that's what i've found, i've felt strong empathy on alcohol but only for very short moments followed by feeling sick, whereas last night i had such great experiences, so much fun, personal revelations, and immense empathy that lead to a desire to be a better person, and i awoke today so refreshed, no other drugs can even come close to psychedelics!!!

I ate some food towards the end and it was like i could sense it moving into my large intestine which was interesting, then having a big meal at the very end was great and i felt so nourished, like last time i had a strong urge to megadose on the peak, i think next time will be 450mcg, then 750, much more time will be spent laying in bed with eyes closed as i think going into the CEV's during the peak of the visual activity will be much better than watching the OEV's which are really just amusingly suprising, the disorientation gives you something to work with but the CEV's are majestic and more thorough in their affect, will also get more classical music (suggestions?) into my playlist as strings sounded so beautiful and at times really contributed to a contemplative mindset

So glad that i came across this stuff just in time before the ban, THANKYOU!!!

Last edited:
wahoo!
also happy to hear of redose 2 hours in being decent.
I always thought that should work well but never got around to trying it.
HNY

im curious, how many week one should wait before being sure tolerance is down to zero?

Last edited:
happy new year indeed! a farie gave me a nice fat hit of good ol LSD, so the tolerance question is indeed relevant........gonna sit off everything for a good solid month, and then some LSD + 4 HO MET sounds very pleasant

Status
Not open for further replies.