View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new batch was made with off white/grey crystal so you can actually see it is laid evenly (the 'AL-LAD' side of the blotter is uniformly grey throughout, the molecule side is white)

Yesterday (2 days after 1/4 tab, 7 days since 300mcg) i went for a good run, did some yoga, then vaped some cannabis and meditated, it really felt like i was on 1/2 a hit, the headspace was unmistakable, i had some CEV's throughout the night & upon waking mid sleep

I've also noticed a therapeutic effect, in the days since tripping some events from the past that i didn't realize had bothered me came back around in my mind and i really had to face/feel them, i'm sure it is something to do with the ALLAD, i've also noticed some improved memory and dream recall

Last edited:
I've been playing around with micro dosing Al-lad. I've found the sweet spot for microdosing (for myself) to be 25ug. At this dose its just more than placebo and just less than tripping, which is where I want to be for microdosing.

18.75ug was borderline placebo, 37.5ug was starting to feel a bit trippy.

I've found Microdosed al-lad to be good for gentle alertness, and a slow but attentive mind that is more flexible than normal, good for stepping out of routine and trying something new.

So real quick, is the AL-LAD experience about the same as the LSD experience?

I ask because I bought a tab of it last night. I've taken LSD many times in the past but never AL-LAD. Is it more visual than LSD?

In my experience it's definitely more visual, less mental. But I've only done acid once.

So real quick, is the AL-LAD experience about the same as the LSD experience?

I ask because I bought a tab of it last night. I've taken LSD many times in the past but never AL-LAD. Is it more visual than LSD?

I wouldn't call it as being that similar to LSD - it's definately the same family but it's a different experience. I think it's beautiful at lower doses 150 or so but at higher doses I can't say it's much fun. It is more overwhelming visually than LSD at 300mics or so but LSD has the better visuals and is a lot more physically euphoric and just feels like the better drug. But if you can't get LSD then it's good at lower doses. That's my take on it. I was hoping it would be a replacement for LSD but I can't really say it is.

ismene, you are one of the few saying constantly how 300 is not fun.
a lot of people like their al lad in the 300 to 450 as Ive seen from all the reports i have read.

some would even say that 150 is underwhelming and the fun begins at 300 and 450 is where it shines.

I can only tell you my experience murphy - I find 300 mics of al-lad vastly more overwhelming and uncomfortable than 500mics of acid. If you want to find out yourself then give 450 a go and see what you think. You might enjoy it.

Edit: Are you sure there's lots of people saying 450 is a good dose of al-lad? I can't remember anybody. The dosage I've always heard recomended is 150. But the only way to find out is try it for yourself. 450 would be an absolute fucking nightmare for me - and I can take ferocious doses of LSD with no problem.

Last edited:
ismene, you are one of the few saying constantly how 300 is not fun.
a lot of people like their al lad in the 300 to 450 as Ive seen from all the reports i have read.

some would even say that 150 is underwhelming and the fun begins at 300 and 450 is where it shines.

I agree with all of this. He's the only one I've ever seen describe it like that. In my opinion it's not worth taking until 450. He's either unusually sensitive to it for some reason, his blotter was laid unevenly, or what he has isn't AL-LAD.

Damn, I have no idea how much is on this tab. The individual who sold it to me was one of those people who sells things that they don't really know much about.

Hopefully I'll get something out of it. I also have some LSD but with new psychedelics, I usually prefer not to mix them with other things until I've had one run with nothing but the substance in question.

In any case, thanks for the replies.

Is that just the one tab? Does it have al-lad in black letters on it? If so it's probably 150.

this is also what I consistently see. that 300 is fun, but the real thing begins at 450.

Ismene, I dont want to dismiss you at all, but you are one of the few to describe what you describe.
most recommend to begin with one tab, but most that enjoy al lad always take 2 or 3 tabs, from all the read ive done on al lad.
I agree with all of this. He's the only one I've ever seen describe it like that. In my opinion it's not worth taking until 450. He's either unusually sensitive to it for some reason, his blotter was laid unevenly, or what he has isn't AL-LAD.

Yeah it has "AL-LAD" inked into the blotter. That's how I knew what it was, at first I thought I was just being passed acid. Since I'd heard about it, thought I'd give it a whirl.

most recommend to begin with one tab, but most that enjoy al lad always take 2 or 3 tabs, from all the read ive done on al lad.

I don't know where you've done your reading but that's not what I get from my reading. I've heard very few people say the fun starts at 300-450. Shulgin himself said 150 was the sweet spot. But lets not waste any more bandwidth arguing about it. Take 450. Have at it.

I don't know where you've done your reading but that's not what I get from my reading. I've heard very few people say the fun starts at 300-450. Shulgin himself said 150 was the sweet spot. But lets not waste any more bandwidth arguing about it. Take 450. Have at it.
read more?

Shulgin didn't try over 150, did he?

Edit: No, I see he did up to 200.

Last edited:
read more?

Why do you think I havn't read as much as you?

I'd recomend you start with this thread from the beginning. If you can find many people saying take 450 for your first dose I'd be surprised.

Although I'm getting the feeling that this is more down to the fact that because I didn't share your opinions about buddhism in that thread the other day that you now want to "get your own back" on me? Let it go man - like the Buddha said.

I agree that 150mcg is a perfect first dose to get a feel for it, however in my experience it didn't give a full impression of this substance it was more like an appetizer, after the experience i still had my doubts about it being more than just a happy pill with hints of psychedelia, 300mcg i found to be a strong dose that showed its therapeutic potential (and its teeth) and i'm sure 450mcg would be getting into 'heavy dose' territory, the full monty

After reading all of this thread, the ukchem forum along with the reddit reports, the impression of a consensus i got was to start at 150mcg but 300mcg+ is where you get into a full on therapeutic psychedelic experience, i've read a couple of reports saying they wouldn't go above 150mcg but they didn't seem used to psychedelics (RC crowd), which is why i find it strange you say you can handle 500mcg LSD but found 300mcg ALLAD too overwhelming, perhaps your LSD dosage wasn't so accurate (i hear that is fairly common)

I think a key element of the psychedelic experience is being overwhelmed a bit, obviously not for the whole trip otherwise you may not take much away from it and leave with more confusion than clarity, but having your limits stretched a bit is certainly part of it, do you not feel you learned anything from being so overwhelmed? Also when you say 'uncomfortable' do you mean actual physical discomfort or mental?

Last edited:
No one is saying start at 450. If you can't make your point without lying it's obviously not a very strong position.

which is why i find it strange you say you can handle 500mcg LSD but found 300mcg ALLAD too overwhelming?

I find LSD the smoother drug at higher doses - more euphoria, none of the al-lad side-effect of feeling hot and far more clear-headed.

do you not feel you learned anything from being so overwhelmed?

Not with al-lad unfortunately no. The visuals are very strong but they arn't as smooth or spiritual as LSD, it just feels like you're watching a tv that isn't tuned in correctly with vivid purple lines across your field of vision. This is taking it at night indoors - perhaps outside in the sunshine it would be better.

Also when you say 'uncomfortable' do you mean actual physical discomfort or mental?

Physically I feel very hot at 250+ doses, isn't that something you've noticed? And mentally it's a little uncomfortable too. I wasn't taking it regularly enough to build up any tolerance. With it being legal people will be taking it every week and building up a tolerance - presumably that's why some are now taking higher doses. For the first 6 months it was available I can't remember many people saying "take 300 plus".

But obviously it's all down to the individual.

EDIT: One more thing I noticed about al-lad was it's nowhere near as good as LSD for music appreciation. That was one of the major disappointments.

Last edited:
I find LSD the smoother drug at higher doses - more euphoria, none of the al-lad side-effect of feeling hot and far more clear-headed.
do you not feel you learned anything from being so overwhelmed?

Not with al-lad unfortunately no. The visuals are very strong but they arn't as smooth or spiritual as LSD, it just feels like you're watching a tv that isn't tuned in correctly with vivid purple lines across your field of vision. This is taking it at night indoors - perhaps outside in the sunshine it would be better.

Also when you say 'uncomfortable' do you mean actual physical discomfort or mental?

Physically I feel very hot at 250+ doses, isn't that something you've noticed? And mentally it's a little uncomfortable too. I wasn't taking it regularly enough to build up any tolerance. With it being legal people will be taking it every week and building up a tolerance - presumably that's why some are now taking higher doses. For the first 6 months it was available I can't remember many people saying "take 300 plus".

I couldn't imagine anything being more euphoric than AL-LAD to be honest, at times it would feel so orgasmic i had to let out a groan, i may have noticed some heat in the latter stages of the trip but nothing more than a good dose of psilocybin, i find i get cold on the comeup then warmer to hot during the peak of any psychedelic

I found the visuals ranged from great and insightful to chaotic and unenjoyable, again much the same as any other psychedelic i've taken

EDIT: One more thing I noticed about al-lad was it's nowhere near as good as LSD for music appreciation. That was one of the major disappointments.

It sounds like i need to get some verified LSD (only tried it twice before) and run a side by side, music appreciation is a big one for me and i did find on ALLAD at times i couldn't get into the music, like the layers of the music weren't flowing together and i could only focus on one instrument at a time (the headfuck of cannabis was fully in effect at this time though) at other times it was incredible though and felt like i was going to explode with euphoria listening to music, i also enjoyed music right at the end when other effects had worn off, everything still had that crystal clear sound to it for hours afterwards

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.