• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DiPT Thread

What would a good starter dose be for 5-MeO-DiPT? I'm pretty sensitive to tryptamines, so I was thinking maybe ... 10mg? I don't want to underdose, as I had an unpleasant underdose experience with 5-MeO-MiPT that consisted of nothing more than being uncomfortabe for three or four hours.

Speaking of which, is the body load on this stuff really that bad? People told me to look out for the body load on drugs like 2C-E, mescaline and 2C-T-2, but honestly, mushrooms made me way more uncomfortable and nauseous than either of those. Is this stuff worse?

How stable is foxy, chemically speaking? I don't trip very often, so I'm sure this sample will last me some years, but I'm unsure if I need to make room in my freezer for it.

6-8mg is good starter dose. I haven't eaten less than 6. 12mg was fairly strong for me though. I've done up to 20mg. It can be pretty strong stuff. I am interested in playing with it some more. I had strange hallucinations at 20mg. 12mg had a mindset that reminded me of mushrooms.

Not super sure on the stability. I've had mine in a couple bag store in a cool dark place for a couple years know. I ate it a few months ago. It seemed just as potent as when I got it.

The first few times I ate this stuff I got a strange body load with it. I found that it was mostly psychosomatic, and I learned to ignore it for the most part.

I've had varied experiences. None of them completely incredible. But I have felt very euphoric during the peak. I especially like walking. I could walk for hours at the peak. Usually 2 hours in I start feeling really good. I got a nice body buzz going. I am stimulated. I would like to eat this at a club in the future.

I'd say eat 6mg. It should be similar in strength to 1g mushrooms. 12mg probably have similar strength to 2g shrooms. Very loose observation though, based on subjective experiences as well as inferences made from others experiences.

My advice... try not to get turned off by the body load. Go for a walk or something, you'll probably feel better than just sitting around. Stay around 6 or 8 if you don't want anything to mental. Don't look for visual / auditory hallucinations. They aren't very great. Visual can be kinda cool. I prefer focusing on the sense of touch with this chemical.

I can't speak much for dancing, because I haven't eaten this stuff at the club yet.
I tend to get anxious just sitting around. I went out in the freezing cold once for a walk after eating this stuff. When I got home my hands were frozen. I felt so nice while I was outside. I didn't realize it until I walked into the warm house.

Good luck.

i was sold foxy as E and took it at a edm show. Best time ever, even more fun than mdma in my opinion. Put me in such a trance to the music, felt connected to everyone, cool flashing visuals, no mind fuck, laughed my ass OFF for a good hour on the way home. only downside was trying to sleep and getting creepy electric visuals in the dark :(

10mg of this material had me in a foxy place for a few hours. Felt some alerts 30 minutes in, but the fox really came to be around 2 hours in. Time moved fast. Laughs were had. Moves were busted. The dose was slightly psychedelic, allowing my mind to rattle off endlessly giving me time to explore the words and attitude I chose. I laid around, I danced around, I did some yoga. I had some stomach discomfort, but I attribute that to the amount of junk food I ate the past few days. Yuck! It was difficult for me to relieve my bowels. And an instant that foxy feeling faded some 6 hours after consuming the material. I was left with a pleasant stimulation. I enjoyed watching the television as I began to quiet my mind. I focus on the people in the box for a while, then I lay down and continue to listen, finally I drift from their voices, then on the verge of falling asleep I get up turn the television off and go to bed. I went to bed maybe 8 or 9 hours after eating the foxy. I slept fine.

This stuff got me really excited. I've eaten it a few times. A few experiences were neutral, then the other times I found to be enjoyable. This was certainly enjoyable.

One minor weird thing though. While I was peaking, I got talking and then laughing about one particular thing. I laughed very hard. My head hurt while I was laughing though. Hmm may have been the weed I was toking.

I probably won't eat this for a while, but I am excited to eat it again. The stuff is pretty good. I'm curious to how toxic it is. What is up with these 5-MEO compounds. They all seem to give me some weird sensations one way or the other - usually stomach related. My head hurt a bit on 5-meo-amt, and on a combo of 5-meo-dmt and mushrooms my head hurt the flash. 5-meo-dipt hurt my head in a similar way. I had to really focus on letting my body and mind sit still to make it go away. Then it seemed like all the energy was circulating through my body most speedily. Weird!

The GI issues may be a result of 5-HT3 agonism, I'm not sure.
The energized feeling may possibly come from monoamine reuptake inhibition or non-selective serotonin agonism.

What is also interesting:

Many drugs are used or abused in social contexts without understanding the ramifications of their use. In this study, we examined the effects of a newly popular drug, 5-methoxy-diisopropyltryptamine (5-MEO-DIPT; 'foxy' or 'foxy-methoxy'). Two experiments were performed. In the first, 5-MEO-DIPT (0, 10, or 20 mg/kg) was administered to rats four times on a single day and animals were examined 3 days later. The animals that received 5-MEO-DIPT demonstrated hypothermia during the period of drug administration and delayed mild hyperthermic rebound for at least 48 h. Corticosterone levels in plasma were elevated in a dose-dependent manner compared to saline-treated animals with minor changes in 5-HT turnover and no changes in monoamine levels. In experiment 2, rats were examined in behavioral tasks following either 0 or 20 mg/kg of 5-MEO-DIPT. The animals treated with 5-MEO-DIPT showed hypoactivity and an attenuated response to (+)-methamphetamine-induced stimulation (1 mg/kg). In a test of path integration (Cincinnati water maze), 5-MEO-DIPT-treated animals displayed deficits in performance compared to the saline-treated animals. No differences were noted in the ability of the animals to perform in the Morris water maze or on tests of novel object or place recognition. The data demonstrate that 5-MEO-DIPT alters the ability of an animal to perform certain cognitive tasks, while leaving others intact and disrupts the endocrine system. 5-MEO-DIPT may have the potential to induce untoward effects in humans. - See more at: http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/papers/17047665#sthash.F6ArfHi5.dpuf

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/papers/17047665

I've used it a few times, and had mild GI issues that I was able to overcome. The effects were mostly interesting to me when I also used ketamine. It made it a lot more psychedelic and it may have enhanced the body high to make it more comfortable, by numbing side-effects.
It felt a little toxic to me, I would say it felt alright to do a few times / occasionally, but not more often than that.

How stable is foxy, chemically speaking? I don't trip very often, so I'm sure this sample will last me some years, but I'm unsure if I need to make room in my freezer for it.

Both the N,N-diisopropyl substitution and the 5-Methoxy substitution make this one very stable. I've had some almost decade old 4-AcO-DiPT and 5-MeO-MiPT stored at room temperature with desiccants and neither show any degradation, and I would expect 5-MeO-DiPT to be even more stable than either of those compounds.

I won't eat this again, hated it, but a huge slimy sewer rat was fed some recently that dated back to 2001 and there was no loss in potency.

I found this drug to be quite visual and very euphoric. Yet, it was still very clear headed and allowed me to focus on mixing music which would normally be impossible on psychedelics.

Good shit, either way! I liked it almost better than mushrooms, it seemed like it had a positive push to it that most other tryptamines completely lack

7mg snorted with a 4mg booster after an hour or two. The fact that I insufflated it might have added to the positive push that I could never find with 4-AcO-DMT or mushrooms but overall it was a great trip.

Amazing (but not overpowering) visuals, a fairly intense body high and a clear yet still very psychedelic headspace. I'm surprised there's so much negative feedback on this one!! I did end up throwing up, but most psychedelics do that to me and I ate Taco Bell like an hour or so before dosing so that certainly didn't help.

The only other time I tried it I was on such a large amount of other substances that I literally couldn't distinguish the effects... so I don't have a base to compare it to.

7mg was a bit underwhelming though, I'll probably aim for 10mg or so next time and take it orally. Erowid says that redosing via insufflation works quite well and I'd agree, redosing psychedelics usually doesn't work out too well but the fairly quick come up speed can let you titrate your dose up to where you want to be. I could see how a "body load" might get in the way for others but that translated into euphoria for myself. I understand why it's sometimes sold as MDMA, but it's WAY too psychedelic to pass off as anything other than what it is.... Foxy :D

Interesting! I have 500mg I have yet to try - I think the time has come to give it a whirl. I usually like mixing with a bit of alcohol and a few bumps of cocaine... Anything else is a little too distracting - will have to experiment with this stuff.

I would certainly recommend it, I was very skeptical of it at first after reading all the trip reports but in the end it seems to be a very worthwhile psychedelic. Can't wait to try it again!

Seems this has become almost impossible to find these days ....lucky for me i got to try some recently and found it to be a awesome experience ....totally unlike any tryptamine i have tried... pure cosmic love shooting straight up my spine neither a masculine or feminine compound....
a hermaphroditic psychedelic if that makes sense ... its not pushy love like 2cb or a pure flood of empathy like good MDMA its more of a breezy tryptamine love that really connected under my circumstances..the auditory effects are minimal but it had what i would call alien pitch shifts strange stuff...not much of a bodyload other then what is experienced with most tryptamines i would call it chakra purging...the visuals i would say are similar to Dpt and low dose 4homet...very wavy yet ethereal....this is def a compound for the RC connoisseur there is nothing else quite like it and i would put it on par with the greats being that its so obscure truly some foxy stuff...i kept my doses around 15mg and i would say that was perfect..i could only imagine how great the extremely rare MIPT and DIPT are...

Last edited:
I think DiPT is pretty sexy as well, but as always the 5-MeO is a bit more charged and frantic. Still, I disagree that 5-MeO-DiPT is exaggerated 5-MeO-MiPT... on the latter I just tend to feel over-energized, anxious and tense while on the two times I took 5-MeO-DiPT, I felt more or less fine.
MiPT I don't like, it just made me feel weird - alienated. 4-HO-MiPT also has that alien quality for me but is at least interesting, fun and a bit easier to handle body-wise.

DiPT is a high-class psychedelic, incredibly unique with the potential to be spiritual and deep and profound. It feels good too. 5-MeO-DiPT I found pretty stimulating in a somewhat uncomfortable way, but fun. I vastly prefer 5-MeO-MiPT to 5-MeO-DiPT, for me it's a wonderful tool for energy realignment when necessary, but none of them rank even close to DiPT.

Surprised we only have a single thread on this with only 377 (now 378) posts, given it was one of the original RCs available and was quite popular. I tried it a couple of times in college at 20mg (it was sold at that dose and I didn't know anything about it), and later in lower doses. I like it, although not as much as 5-MeO-MiPT or many other psychedelics.

Hmm, it is weird that this thread is so empty. Anybody actually pull a DOB and suddenly decide that it's gem and not just a subpar version of 5-MeO-MiPT, because that's what I'm used to seeing

Ive only tried it once and the setting wasnt proper for it ... nor is my scale... given the size of the dose I doubt the accuracy of my gemini pro ... even with added weight on the tray and taking averages... but I digress

Wasnt a bad experience. Comparable to 5 meo mipt, from what I remember but less visual (not much in the way of colour enhancement, slight breathing/patterning...), felt more shakey throughout than 5 meo mipt though. Weed helped to settle in.. Cant recall the dose though

Would definitely repeat for a social evening when everyone else is drinking.
Its short duration and lucid head space has its positives lol