• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DiPT Thread

Yeah, eating it is the way to go for your first time. It's just harder to fuck up and you want to get a good feel for the material. However, in my experience and personal opinion from using 5-MeO-MiPT, 5-MeO-EiPT, and 5-MeO-DiPT, vaping/smoking is ultimately the way to go with 5-methoxytryptamines. The experience is better in almost every way pretty much except for being shorter, but it still lasts multiple hours. 5 mg is a good starting dose for that too I think.

If it's like 5-MeO-MiPT, then weirdly, it is less potent vaped.

This is the lore but I increasingly doubt it the more I experiment. If you look at, say, the TiHKAL page on DPT, it seems like Alexander Shulgin and/or his friends may have had a really poor smoking technique, because 100 mg of DPT smoked is described as "The entire experience lasted only 20 minutes. I found the visual experience to be everything. It was a lot more benign than mushrooms with pretty much no toxic things, more like mescaline." Sounds nice and all, but I tripped harder than that from smoking 30 mg personally. And the claim that 5-MeO-MiPT is weaker smoked originally comes from TiHKAL, so....

So far the potency of each route actually seems pretty similar to me with the smoking/vaping being more intense and memorable, although again a little bit shorter-lasting, but not too much. Possibly the main thing taking them orally does better for me is produce more open eye visuals, but inhaling them does still produce visuals and they're more interesting than the visuals I get from eating them, at least to me.

Well it was my direct experience, repeatedly, that it was like half as potent vaped. Maybe I vaped poorly, I know I didn't have the freebase. But I rather disliked the effects compared to oral, and it took double to dose to get to a somewhat similar level of strength, but the nature 0f the effects was decidedly inferior. My buddy was vaping the same batch as me, at the same time, and he said it was amazing though, and said he likes it WAY more vaped than orally. He also noted that it took a higher dose to get to a comparable level of strength, compared to orally. It doesn't really make sense though why that would be.

I can't deny the possibility that everyone just reacts differently in this way, but to me that does sound odd and like it's possible that you just burnt through it rather than vaporizing it properly or something. I think it's likely very easy to burn through and waste these things with just a single slightly wrong hit since there's so little powder required.

I've never freebased any tryptamines that I've smoked so I don't think that's the problem. I pretty much always layer them in between two layers of cannabis (in the middle of a normal-sized bowl) and slowly lower the flame down over the top of the cannabis, including with these 5-methoxytryptamines. It usually seems to work pretty well, unless I accidentally torch the cannabis. I have no idea how well this would work with anything other than cannabis honestly, I actually think cannabis seems like a great medium for smoking tryptamines in without heating them up too quickly. I would actually be afraid of wasting it if I had to do it in a different way.

To me the effects of them smoked are clearly superior to taking them orally, except again that orally lasts longer and produces more open eye visuals of the simple variety, which are not the deciding factors for me. Orally also produces significantly more body load than smoking them for me which is one of compelling reasons that I prefer smoking instead, but not the only one. I just think they're fancier when smoked, they feel like they have similar kind of benefits to what you get from smoking DMT compared to taking other psychedelics orally except that they also come on slower, although beginning nearly instantly, and last longer and still feel more like they work a lot more like taking other psychedelics orally overall than smoking DMT does. They feel less flashy but deeper, in a way that's made it really hard for me to want to go back to experiencing them without that added depth.

I still haven't smoked 5-MeO-DMT yet but I'm making plans to soon. Hopefully that will add some meaningful insight to this situation.

When I smoke Tryptamines or Psychedelics in general I like to use an oil burner or as its commonly known a Meth Pipe. With a torch lighter and holding the flame significantly away and just bringing it close enough to watch the compound start to vaporize it works so well. You hardly waste any with this technique, as compared to doing something like vaping with a piece of aluminum foil and inhaling it with a pen. I'd say that using this way is the best way to conserve your precious psychedelics if that is the ROA your interested in using

Used to like using oil burners for nn-dmt, 4-aco-det, and 5-meo-dmt. Never had a proper full 5meo-dmt trip but did have some interesting experiences mixing small bit of 5meo-dmt and nn-dmt together.

Vaped 2c-p out of one of my dabbers before; actually works decently; gives you a nice rush like nn-dmt but without the depth. Was vaping little bits while watching the Hamilton episode about meth.

Definitely eating it for a first time. And 8-10mg is a good place to start, yes. If it's like 5-MeO-MiPT, then weirdly, it is less potent vaped. But also more stimulating.
ended up vaping about 9mg in two hits about 10 mins apart from a dab rig. Seemed to work really well, I have the freebase and never noticed any burnt taste. Re: @Cosmic Charlie have you tried a rig before? Ive used an oil burner before for dck and do like it, is there more of a rush would you say with that method? got kinda nervous about doing a 6 hour trip cuz it was already kinda late and I had went to work.

Had a superrr nice body high, really nice tingling feet sensation. No nausea at any time, was warned to empty y self prior for the gi stuff, seemed to work. Visuals were very sight once weed smoked, definitely had a lot of energy,ended up dancing and walkin around my porch for an hour or so.

Only uncomfortable part was a little vasoconstriction in my left arm, but I’m hoping that on an oral dose it might not be so noticeable due to being more engulfed in the trip (hopefully at least haha)

Should I be fine to try an oral dose tonight at around 10mg or do you think tolerance would really neuter it? Don’t wanna waste any of this precious stuff. If not I may just go for a 2c-x trip tonight, kind leaning towards -c right now.

Tolerance is definitely a thing with 5-methoxytryptamines in my experience. I wouldn't risk it personally if you have a limited supply. It would probably still do something, though.

If my experience with 5-MeO-MiPT is any indication, you'll likely have tolerance. I take about a week between 4-HO-MiPT doses, but at least two with 5-MeO-MiPT. It produces noticeably longer lasting tolerance than the majority of psychedelics that I've used. I can still trip, but I need more and the experience is much less satisfying.

Tolerance is definitely a thing with 5-methoxytryptamines in my experience. I wouldn't risk it personally if you have a limited supply. It would probably still do something, though.
gotcha, i do have an ample amount to experiment with but since it seems to follow the standard psych rules of less fulfilling with tolerance ill go ahead and wait. sometimes its kinda a bummer having to wait so long when theres so many things to try, but i guess its all about learning patience and all that, eh? thanks for the responses yall

Let's see..
I have some questions about 5-meo-dipt
First time I used the Mipt version (Moxy) I had very strange but not concerning side effects, it felt like jolts of electricity untying in my body, in some specific parts, it was pretty intense as sensations, didn't get very concerned because I was having an amazing body high at the same time..
Does something like that happent with the Dipt version? I also have bad bloating at the end of the Mipt trip, when the comedown begins I get bloated, pregnant like xD
Other than that I only had strange "gritty brain" and "gritty organs" feelings at unpredictable parts of the trip, but usually when reaching the second part of the experience.
As it's usual to read that the Dipt version has worse and more unpredictable side effects I would like to know what those effects are. Same as the Mipt?

I had amazing trips on the Mipt, sometimes up to +20mg which could get very visual (but also had stupid OCD-like behaviours on those doses, for a while). Very strong tracers and ninja scrolls (as I've seen depicted somewhere else) were the most noticeable OEVs.
I'm specially interested in the sexual enhancing properties of Foxy. Are those sexual feelings more natural-neutral-sensual (like on mescaline) or are they "perverted" like a-php or moxy?

it felt like jolts of electricity untying in my body, in some specific parts, it was pretty intense as sensations, didn't get very concerned because I was having an amazing body high at the same time..
Does something like that happent with the Dipt version? I also have bad bloating at the end of the Mipt trip, when the comedown begins I get bloated, pregnant like xD
Other than that I only had strange "gritty brain" and "gritty organs" feelings at unpredictable parts of the trip, but usually when reaching the second part of the experience.
Someone else with direct experience may be able to answer your question, but I feel like I can hazard a guess. Your description sounds like mine with 5-MeO-MiPT, and I get the same elements from 4-HO-MiPT, 4-AcO-MiPT, MiPT, DiPT, and 4-HO-DiPT. I kind of suspect that gas and grittiness are common qualities with isopropyl substitutions.

I took 3mg at a concert and found it to be quite dissociating and somewhat anxiogenic.
I also found 5-MeO-MiPT somewhat dissociating during my trials with it.

Is this typical of the 5-MeOs?

I took 3mg at a concert and found it to be quite dissociating and somewhat anxiogenic.
I also found 5-MeO-MiPT somewhat dissociating during my trials with it.

Is this typical of the 5-MeOs?

In my experience, yes. My suspicion has long been that this may be because they are mostly all full or nearly full agonists of the 5-HT2A receptor, significantly above the efficacy had by most other commonly used psychedelics. They are most likely affecting something about our neurochemistry in a more significant way than most other 5-HT2A receptor agonists we've taken.

In my experience, yes. My suspicion has long been that this may be because they are mostly all full or nearly full agonists of the 5-HT2A receptor, significantly above the efficacy had by most other commonly used psychedelics. They are most likely affecting something about our neurochemistry in a more significant way than most other 5-HT2A receptor agonists we've taken.
Thank you @Kaleida for your comments regarding smoking/vaping.

I just had a really good experience smoking/vaping 5-MeO-MIPT and was kind of curious if 5-MeO-DIPT is similar in action when comparing ROA's. I really didn't care for 5-MeO-MIPT orally, but with 5-MeO-DIPT oral was just fine. I been playing with the idea of smoking/vaping 5-MeO-DIPT.

Thank you @Kaleida for your comments regarding smoking/vaping.

I just had a really good experience smoking/vaping 5-MeO-MIPT and was kind of curious if 5-MeO-DIPT is similar in action when comparing ROA's. I really didn't care for 5-MeO-MIPT orally, but with 5-MeO-DIPT oral was just fine. I been playing with the idea of smoking/vaping 5-MeO-DIPT.

No problem, happy to help.

Personally, I find 5-MeO-MiPT and 5-MeO-DiPT to have similar differences from one another regardless of whether they are taken orally or smoked, and I do enjoy taking both of them in both ways. I wrote a trip report (what seems like a million years ago now) about smoking 5-MeO-DiPT if you're curious.

In my experience, 5-MeO-MiPT and 5-MeO-DiPT have significant similarities, and I don't think it's just because they're both 5-MeO tryptamines because the 5-MeO-EiPT in between them I find to be more different from either of them than I find them to be from each other, but there is definitely a difference. The very quick and simple way I usually characterize it is like this: while I find both of them to be rather LSD-like tryptamines compared to all other psychedelics I've taken, when compared primarily just to each other, I would say that 5-MeO-MiPT feels a lot more like mushrooms to me and 5-MeO-DiPT feels a lot more like LSD. 5-MeO-MiPT for me tends to be more colorful and geometric and emotional, while 5-MeO-DiPT tends to be a little more shadowy and visionary but very deep and cognitive (granted that I've only attempted to trip hard on it, not just get high like some people use it for). 5-MeO-DiPT is notably sexier for me as its reputation suggests and also more alike LSD than mushrooms for me in that way.

For me, 5-MeO-DiPT seems to have some consistent body load potential when taken orally, and one of the best things about smoking it is that it completely does away with that for me, as is typical with 5-MeO tryptamines smoked in my experience. However, it's kind of like smoking DMT where even though it's more impressive and fun than taking a psychedelic orally, it doesn't really have the chance to fully flesh itself out and really bring you into it, chew you up, and spit you back out. For example, in the trip report I linked, I had some very cool and powerful visions that seemed to be teaching me about how my brain comprehends consciousness and what happens to it when one animal consumes another, although aside from that the main thing I remember about it is rolling around with smoothly-transforming visions going along to music similar to what I've gotten with LSD too, very cartoony although also realistic. By contrast, the last time I took 10 mg of 5-MeO-DiPT orally the visions were present but less developed, but they involved a full breakthrough-style story where I spent hours rolling around in bed feeling like I was seeing a strange hyperspace entirely inhabited by female entities and understanding how the social hierarchy worked there and learning to respect my own place within it, and no specific memory stands out as much as the vision I described from smoking it, but the trip as a whole was a lot more meaningful to me. However, I spent the whole time in bed with lots of muscle tension and generalized pain, although I was also too confused to really grasp that at all times.

I would smoke 5-MeO-DiPT again much more readily than I would take it orally again, but I do like both. I'd also probably be a little cautious about jumping into a higher dosage with smoking, but not too cautious. It's just that when I smoked 5-MeO-EiPT at 15 mg it got a lot more 5-MeO-DMT-like from what I can tell (still haven't actually done that one yet myself) than it was otherwise, and I could imagine 5-MeO-DiPT doing that kind of thing more readily than 5-MeO-MiPT would too I think. But I wouldn't be too worried about that if I was anticipating it.

I'd love to hear back about your results if you try it, I really love this family of tryptamines and I am especially curious how it would relate and compare to smoking 5-MeO-DMT from someone who actually does have experience with it.

Last edited:
That's a great report and addresses the exact info I'm looking for. It's sort of piqued my interest in 5-MeO-EIPT a little as well.
I've a small amount of 5-MeO-MALT that I've not tried but am told it touches on the 5-MeO-DMT experience.

I will probably eventually smoke the 5-MeO-DIPT starting slowly and will likely report back.
At 20mg orally I would call it a +3. Smoking the 5-MeO-MIPT, I think in the past I've rushed it's dosage too quickly so I'll be a little more careful with the 5-MeO-DIPT. I got it to very visual (35-40mg?) but that also gave me stronger GI bodyload which I really want to minimize. Neither 5-MeO-MIPT or 5-MeO-DIPT got very visual at 20mg orally (would say 5-meo-dipt was more visual orally), but I've really enjoyed the visuals of smoked 5-MeO-MIPT at 20-25mg area. (I recently combined that dose with nn-DMT and it was crazy visual)

The only 5-MeO that I ever have dismissed since 5-MeO-MIPT, was 5-MeO-MET. I had such high hopes as I love both MET and 4-HO-MET but it just had a very pronounced bodyload, mainly expressed as bloating of my GI.

Last edited:
That's a great report and addresses the exact info I'm looking for. It's sort of piqued my interest in 5-MeO-EIPT a little as well.
I've a small amount of 5-MeO-MALT that I've not tried but am told it touches on the 5-MeO-DMT experience.

Glad to hear it. :) Man, I just read that trip report again too, it made me nostalgic lol. I had forgotten a lot of the details too. I should really read my old trip reports more often.

I will probably eventually smoke the 5-MeO-DIPT starting slowly and will likely report back.
At 20mg orally I would call it a +3. Smoking the 5-MeO-MIPT, I think in the past I've rushed it's dosage too quickly so I'll be a little more careful with the 5-MeO-DIPT. I got it to very visual (35-40mg?) but that also gave me stronger GI bodyload which I really want to minimize.

Looking forward to it, and I hope it's a good trip for you either way. :)

Yeah, I touched upon this a little bit in my trip report, but it should be clearly noted too that I respond very readily to 5-methoxytryptamine in terms of getting stronger psychedelic effects out of them. 10 mg is definitely enough for a memorable trip for me when taken orally. I think it's probably just a matter of dosage scaling rather than me actually experiencing totally different effects out of them compared to other people though. I've heard of a number of people say it starts to get much stronger for them in the 20-40 mg range like you too.

For what it's worth, I don't remember a single body load problem from smoking 5-MeO-DiPT. It's possible that wouldn't always be the case or it could disappear at a higher dosage for me, but it was something I recall really liking about it in that particular trip I wrote about. The same is true for me of 5-MeO-MiPT and 5-MeO-EiPT, the latter of which I found nearly crippling when taken orally, so it does seem to make a lot of difference for me at least.

The only 5-MeO that I ever have dismissed since 5-MeO-MIPT, was 5-MeO-MET. I had such high hopes as I love both MET and 4-HO-MET but it just had a very pronounced bodyload, mainly expressed as bloating of my GI.

You're not the first person I've heard of being quite disappointed by 5-MeO-MET. It is surprising and unfortunate given MET and 4-HO-MET, I'll agree. I'd still try it one day if it fell into my lap, but I avoided seeking it out because of the reports. I've encountered some people who enjoy it though, but they seemed to think of it as more of a light buzz.

The only one I didn't manage to get anything out of other than body load was 5-MeO-DALT, but I unfortunately didn't get to experiment with it to the degree I would have liked and I'm not convinced it could never have gotten better. I really do like this family of tryptamines and would give them a lot of chances if I could. Although at the same time I do respect them a lot, and probably wouldn't take them unless it really felt right, especially these days after what I've been through with them.

Last edited:
Looking forward to it, and I hope it's a good trip for you either way
So I did a preliminary trial of consuming 5-meo-dipt via inhalation. I sandwiched approximately 10mg into a pipe of cannabis, and took one single deep toke. With my trials of 5-meo-mipt, it wasn't difficult to underestimate the dosage due to the extended come-up, so in this case I am glad I set the pipe down after a single toke. Like Moxy, I felt it almost instantaneously, however the effect continued to increase peaking, probably around the 45-60 min mark.

What I thought was most interesting and rather surprising was how visual the experience was. While it never got nearly as visionary as DMT does, it did have the same effect of changing the texture of my vision significantly. A normal everyday object looked very different in regards to both texture and color. Everything just looked very different. I did get a fair amount of CEV's as well, but I can't really describe their nature. I don't remember them being super intricate.

Physically, I didn't really notice any negative bodyload at this dose. Orally, in the past it caused me quite a bit of stomach tension. It wasn't as tactile enhancing as 5-meo-mipt, but my dosage with moxy has always been a lot higher. In this case I took the toke and a pleasant body buzz settled in. I didn't really explore it however (possibly due to the unexpected visual nature of the experience), and so for the most part I laid down un-moving for the better part of 4 hours. It wasn't until I started moving around that I could realize just how altered I really was. When I finally got up, i felt like different parts of my body were enlarging and shrinking at different rates. It made walking very unsteady. Sometimes this vibration effect was pleasant, sometimes it was just plain weird. This effect persisted for at least another hour, but mentally I still felt it at the 8Hr mark, whereas with 5-meo-mipt, I'm not sure I still feel it that far in.

In conclusion it was overall a positive if weird experience. I might actually prefer 5-meo-dipt orally whereas i prefer 5-meo-mipt inhaled, however I should probably repeat this experiment a couple more times, and I might push the dosage up a little. The 5-meo-mipt seemed a bit more entheogenic/hedonistic while the 5-meo-dipt seemed like a heavy psychedelic. I also feel like the 5-meo-dipt either lasted longer, or due to its heavier nature, the effects were more thouroughly felt, especially at the end of the experience.

last observation, the 5-meo-mipt tasted better. Like a sweet DMT.

Fascinating, thanks for sharing your report. :) I would say that your experience aligns with my observations generally. We all respond differently but I can definitely see the similarities in what you describe to my own experiences. The differences are intriguing as well. You’ve given me much to ponder.

Looking forward to your future observations as well!