View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DALT Thread - Part 2

I snorted 5-Meo-Dalt 3 times.

First time, I did a 30mg line + a 50 mgs line 1 hour later,
Second time was 80mg. Was uncomfortable for a few minutes around the 1h mark, and then had a nice trip.
3rd time: 110mg. Puked a lot with heavy sweating.

There's a potential to develop a bad habit (addiction) with this one because of the low duration, and no bad effects on the next day with low doses. I moved to low-dose 4-Aco-DMT, much more interesting in my opinion.

I'm now very intrigued about this chem. I'm not really an experienced tripper though, apart from aMT and dissosatives (MXE). How long does the whole experience last?

^ It's a short acting tryptamine - the effects last 2-4 hours. That was a godsend to me when I took 120mg and got my ass kicked.

In reasonable quantities it's much more subtle in its effects than aMT so if you're curious I say go for it. Start off low though, and don't make the mistake I did by taking too much to try and get a full blown trip out of it.

@trogere - after you finished puking, did you fall asleep? I found that on 120mg I kept falling asleep even while unpleasantly high. Once the trip was over I slept for ten hours straight. Also, how was snorting it? Did it burn? Do you know if yours is freebase or salt?

This sounds incredible. Pity am working all this week or else I'd try it one evening. 500mg arrived in the post today though. When I get a chance I'm only going to start with a 15mg-20mg dose.

Does it make your pupils big?

Last edited:
@trogere - after you finished puking, did you fall asleep? I found that on 120mg I kept falling asleep even while unpleasantly high. Once the trip was over I slept for ten hours straight. Also, how was snorting it? Did it burn? Do you know if yours is freebase or salt?

I was hyperactive. I was moving constantly, walking, going, and going back. My mind was running at 100 miles per hour, someone not used to trip might have lost it.

Also, there was a strong sexual energy going with the trip.

It wasn't bad for snorting, no worse than E pills for example. It was in the HCL form.

The only thing I really like about 5-MeO-Dalt is the rush when vaped. It's quite intense, but lasts only for some 5-10 minutes. After that there's just a very strange feeling, a bit like being stoned mixed with a 5-MeO tryptamine bodyload, without much visual activity other than a slight glow everywhere I look. When snorted it's just the weird feeling of being intoxicated but not really tripping. This is the only psychedelic I can be and have been in the company of relatives with.

This is the only psychedelic I can be and have been in the company of relatives with.

So is it pretty functional? I've been on MXE in front of my mum and she's never known I've been on anything.

I guess it's the Freebase vs. HCl Salt, that makes the a huge difference. I have been doing 20 and 30mg in Gelcaps and insufflated a bit and never felt anything. I even had ca. 40mg with Harmaline, nada. Only after I mixed some with Ascorbic Acid, it got very bitter, and a few minutes after ingestion I got pretty visuals. (My current batch is the freebase, long, glittering needles, that look like cotton.)

Last edited:
I got some of this the other day,i was walking past a twisted Japanese tree that held out it`s branch and gave me a free sample,nice little Japanese tree.

What i have is the very white fluffy cotton wool type,i vaped 30mg,i had a quite intense rush and was in a altered odd head space for a few minutes,everything took on that tryptamine glow but it was very short lived and not very interesting at all...A very odd chemical indeed,probably better taken with other chemicals like 2c-d is.

I see no reason for vaporising 5-Meo-DALT, since it works well when taken orally, with some Acorbic or Citric acid. But I will definitely repeat the Harmaline combination, now I know my stuff is active and reliable.

@latest: I did a dose of 25mg with a spash of lemon juice yesterday, right after the posting, and it was clearly active. I had no visuals, only a body rush similar to the onset of other psychedelics, but much stronger, very euphoric. I had taken 10mg of Medazepam about half an hour before, maybe that's why I got no visuals. Gonna keep testing. ;-)

It's clear to me, that the gastric acid should have been strong enough to make the 5-Meo-DALT soluble even when consumed as freebase, but so far I had 3 negatives when swallowing it in vegan gelcaps, and 2 positives when dissolving and drinking it.

I'm gonna dose oral 15mg in a minute. I've got to work tomorrow but I've got plenty of etizolam and zopiclone incase I can't sleep or have a bad trip. Is there much hangover the next day?

How does this stuff compare to ecstacy? If they are similar in any way, does the unique effects of ecstacy come at least half way close to it?

I am looking for a drug to easen my PTSD and I've heard ecstacy is a pretty good long lasting medicine for it. Do you believe this will help me in any way?

I feel really tired. Is this normal? I can feel that mild triptamine buzz in the background, like mild tingles in my skin, feeling hot and my muscles feel quite stiff. No visuals. Next time I think I'll dose 25mg.

Well, 15mg oral is barely even active. I'm glad I dosed low anyway, now I can work my way up, next time 25 - 30mg for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel really tired. Is this normal? I can feel that mild triptamine buzz in the background, like mild tingles in my skin, feeling hot and my muscles feel quite stiff. No visuals. Next time I think I'll dose 25mg.
sounds about right. Dose higher. It does give a bodyload

Plugging is effective,30mg up the poop shoot and i was immersed for at least over an hour in a really good space,uplifting like MDMA with a very clean high,i noticed i was salivating a lot like when on LSD but the feeling was just suberb and the after glow still persists the next day.

30mg was dissolved in citric acid and water.

I'm afraid not. This stuff is nothing at all like MDMA, and I can't see that it would have much therapeutic potential in it's own right. It's hard to get a worthwhile buzz out of for a lot a people, let alone a profound experience. There are rc's on the market designed to approximate the effects of MDMA such as 6-APB. I've not tried it, but there's a big & dandy thread on it you could check out.

Thanks for the reply. Sad to hear about that as I had read people comparing the effects to a mild MDMA buzz.

I've actually tried 6-APB, but that was while on an antipsychotic which cancelled all of the psychedelic aspects of it. I've quit abilify now so there's a high chance I will retry it after a week or so.

If I took a 30mg dose, what kind of psychedelic effects am I expected to get? I understand that 5-Meo-DALT isn't very visual, but what kind of visuals are we talking? Morphing walls ect..?

Or 30 - 35mg?

I just bombed 32mg, I'll be back later to report my trip, my bluelight buddies :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Plugging is effective,30mg up the poop shoot and i was immersed for at least over an hour in a really good space,uplifting like MDMA with a very clean high,i noticed i was salivating a lot like when on LSD but the feeling was just suberb and the after glow still persists the next day.

30mg was dissolved in citric acid and water.

Thanks for posting this, I've never bothered plugging it as I hadn't seen any reports on it so I'd assumed it would be similar to smoking it (i.e a short lasting hit). After seeing this I'll probably give it a go next week, sounds really good :D