• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DALT Thread - Part 2

Hmm. Smoking DALT usually only lasts a couple of minutes.
Maybe you packed the bowl with your MXE?

Very bizarre. Didn't take any orally before smoking it?
I'd have to lean towards it not being DALT at all.

Very bizarre. Didn't take any orally before smoking it?
I'd have to lean towards it not being DALT at all.

Nope. I took maybe around 150 MG of it orally a couple days before last night and it did nothing for me. Maybe a tiny bit of euphoria, but that's it.

It was different from the picture on Erowid. Maybe the vendor sent me this on accident? It's white and has a chalky feeling to it.

I can't remember the consistency, as it's been years.
But I do believe it was fairly powdery. Could be an accident, could be that he doesn't even know what he has..

everyone is confused with this stuff, but I have to say, it is pretty damn good.
Tried 40mg + 20mg in caps at a show and raged out really hard on it. Was not really able to focus on the high much but I was energized and euphoric with some interesting head space.

Then I tried 50mg capped and smoked weed at a show and I had an amazing time. I was really euphoric and energetic. The head space on this stuff is great. I felt very confident. I was engulfed in the music and had some interesting CEV's, although at one point it felt like I was having visuals of some sort... really social and friendly.

got to say this stuff is good, especially in a social environment. fast come up and no shitty come down to speak of. only thing i think it has is it is a little rough on the stomach. whatever. defiantly would take again.

Well anyway it is with great pleasure that I can assure you it is absolutely fuckin amazing smoked in a rollie. I am flying with the gods. 5-meo-DALT is just blowing my mind. Mixed with some mxe and mpa this feeling is bliss I wish it were eternal
Please stop. Like altogether. You are just being destructive as shit. 5-meo-dalt always felt pretty straining on the come up. Your adding in substances that dont even mix.

Definitely not, I had no more MXE, and I would have spotted the effects for sure. And this lasted for a good two hours.
once more....*slaps forehead* ....mxe lasts a long ass time. It sticks around. You just felt more twisted because you still did infact have mxe in your body whether the buzz wore off or not its got a half life of 24-48 hours. its good to read these things before you start taking these substances. anyway thats your trip

Nope. I took maybe around 150 MG of it orally a couple days before last night and it did nothing for me. Maybe a tiny bit of euphoria, but that's it.

It was different from the picture on Erowid. Maybe the vendor sent me this on accident? It's white and has a chalky feeling to it.
ok reading this confuses me theres two types of dalt freebase and hcl. I know whatever I have is white and sparkles and its powdery.

once more....*slaps forehead* ....mxe lasts a long ass time. It sticks around. You just felt more twisted because you still did infact have mxe in your body whether the buzz wore off or not its got a half life of 24-48 hours. its good to read these things before you start taking these substances. anyway thats your trip

Kind of weird, I've been doing MXE for a while now and I'm used to it by now. I would have noticed the MXE.

ok reading this confuses me theres two types of dalt freebase and hcl. I know whatever I have is white and sparkles and its powdery.

That would describe mine.

My 5-MeO-DALT doesn't smell or taste of anything. It has almost a cotton-like consistency, brilliant white. It's not bunk either, definitely does the job, but it's odd how everyone seems to be complaining of the vile taste. Can batches really differ that much?

^^ They must do. Mine's a muddy off-white colour and thick and clumpy like flour.

I tried this for the first time at the weekend and it was an awful experience. It was after a session that contained 4x 100mg 5-IT, 750mg (in total) Mephedrone and 2x 50mg aMT between Saturday night and Monday afternoon. It tried 25mg in a gel cap and about half an hour after ingestion everything started flashing and I had to lie down. That kept on getting more intense for an amount of time I can't accurately gauge until I blacked out and awoke some hours later feeling fine.

Admittedly the heavy combo use in the previous couple of days may have been what caused this to happen but I'll be very wary of trying it again. (Although undoubtedly I will, but from sober this time)

I tried this for the first time at the weekend and it was an awful experience. It was after a session that contained 4x 100mg 5-IT, 750mg (in total) Mephedrone and 2x 50mg aMT between Saturday night and Monday afternoon. It tried 25mg in a gel cap and about half an hour after ingestion everything started flashing and I had to lie down. That kept on getting more intense for an amount of time I can't accurately gauge until I blacked out and awoke some hours later feeling fine.

Admittedly the heavy combo use in the previous couple of days may have been what caused this to happen but I'll be very wary of trying it again. (Although undoubtedly I will, but from sober this time)

That sounds likely to be related to that combo. That's a ton of serotonergics in such a short period of time. Just for reference, the 5-IT in particular I wouldn't go so overboard with it, it bears some resemblance to 5-APB/6-APB, which in turn are related to the MDxx family, is likely to work in a similar fashion on the brain, and as such, redosing, or using it more often than once a month, will likely lead to lower levels of serotonin transporters in the brain, as seen with heavy MDMA use. Be careful man.

That said - did you do an allergy test at ~1mg prior to this dose? If not, you should really get into the habit of that - it's not uncommon for vendors to mislabel chemicals, and you could easily get sent something 10x the potency of what you're hoping to consume. Plus, although rare, it's possible you can be allergic/extra sensitive to something, which could lead to at the very least an unpleasant experience, at the very worst, something much more serious - if you consume a regular dose.

If I were you, since you had such a severe reaction at 25mg, I'd try work your way up, 5mg, 10mg, 15mg, 20mg etc until you find a sweet spot. There's a good chance it's just the hefty combo that ruined it for you, but there's no sense diving back in at the same dose and risking the same happening again.

I just got 5grams of 5-Meo-DALT of 99.8% purity, it is n HCL form.. Does anyone know the vaporization point of this chemical, please? I'd really appreciate it. I am a research chemist and I'd like to collaboratively RESEARCH 5-meo-DALT with anyone else of knowledge of this particular tryptamine.

That sounds likely to be related to that combo. That's a ton of serotonergics in such a short period of time. Just for reference, the 5-IT in particular I wouldn't go so overboard with it, it bears some resemblance to 5-APB/6-APB, which in turn are related to the MDxx family, is likely to work in a similar fashion on the brain, and as such, redosing, or using it more often than once a month, will likely lead to lower levels of serotonin transporters in the brain, as seen with heavy MDMA use. Be careful man.

That said - did you do an allergy test at ~1mg prior to this dose? If not, you should really get into the habit of that - it's not uncommon for vendors to mislabel chemicals, and you could easily get sent something 10x the potency of what you're hoping to consume. Plus, although rare, it's possible you can be allergic/extra sensitive to something, which could lead to at the very least an unpleasant experience, at the very worst, something much more serious - if you consume a regular dose.

If I were you, since you had such a severe reaction at 25mg, I'd try work your way up, 5mg, 10mg, 15mg, 20mg etc until you find a sweet spot. There's a good chance it's just the hefty combo that ruined it for you, but there's no sense diving back in at the same dose and risking the same happening again.

It looks like it was the combo as I tried 25mg again with nothing else in my system and it was fine. The come up was a little rough for half an hour but then I enjoyed it and had a pleasant few hours.

I did do an allergy test prior to taking the first dose.

Done a fair bit of reading about this chemical and I'm intrigued. I've got 500mg on the way to test. I plan to start with a dose of 40mg, see where that takes me. Hopefully I will be taking it this Friday in the company of my girlfriend.

First time with 5-MeO-DALT this evening and couldn't be more disappointed with it. Completely underwhelmed. Source is absolutely reliable, supplied as pure white, opaque, tiny needle-like crystals, almost fibrous when clumped together, kinda like fibreglass maybe. Doesn't wanna chop into lines at all but easily insufflated as a big ball of fluff. Dissolved pretty readily in Lucozade far as I could see. I'm as sure as I can be then that what I've got here is exactly what it says on the tin

Decided I'd be cautious with it insufflating 30-40mg tops and gave it a good hour 'n' half before even thinking of redosing, then same amount again oral to see if that made a difference, chased 5-10mg off foil over a couple of hours, redosed again. Somewhere around 150mg total then over a 3 hour period which Erowid tells me is an insane dose and all there is to show for it is a warmer tinge to colour, bit of soft focus going on, almost imperceptible patterns overlaying themselves on surfaces but no OEVs / CEVs whatsoever beyond that. Music is definitely improved but it's subtle. Nowhere near as much as you'd get with shrooms / LSD / aMT. I've got a bit of a mood lift out of it and quite chilled out but that's it. Chasing it gives an immediate buzzy hit within seconds that's kinda rushy and perfectly nice but no more than that. It's teasing with the promise that something's starting to kick in without ever quite delivering. I could not call this a psychedelic on tonight's performance. No mental effects whatsover as far as I can tell, with none of the introspection, novel thinking or insightfulness I would expect of a true psychedelic. Disappointing.

Oh, and Alyxuk, good to see one more of the Leeds contingent swelling the Bluelight ranks BTW. ;)

Last edited:
You guys are not getting 5-meo-dalt from the sounds. I know 70mgs for ME would be way Overwhelming. It takes about 20 minutes to start effects. Then at the 30minute mark it should feel a litttlllee like a mdxx type music appreciation..relaxtion as well. After that it gets confusing imho very very confusing for 20minutes after then you get mild but Very apparant psychedelic effects. Colors,textures all vibrantish. It lasts about 2hours total. It makes you eat to. I dunno. Im kinda glad I got what I did when I did the appearance of some of these descriptions of the chemical just sounds odd as well as the effects. Id contact whomever purchased from if unreactive.