• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread - Part 3 - 4-HO-ME's for life

In my experience, some people metabolize the 4-AcO esters into their 4-HO counterparts more efficiently than others, or that's my theory anyway. I think that the 4-AcO-tryptamines are able to cross the BBB, and they do have their own effects, but that they are also metabolized into the corresponding 4-HO-tryptamine. However some people's bodies are able to convert more or less of it, and if you can convert more, then the effects of the 4-AcO will be closer to or even virtually identical to the 4-HO. For myself, I have found differences between all of the pairs, some of them dramatic (for example, 4-AcO- vs 4-HO-DMT). I have tried both 4-HO-MET and 4-AcO-MET, but I've only done 4-AcO-MET once so I can't really say much about differences yet.

Literally, cleaning out my closet, and what do I find? Something I haven't tried in years and thought was long gone. Hello, 4-HO, I'm glad we MET! So far, so beautiful.

Hi SWIFrank! Wow 4-HO-MET is very high on my list of what I'd like to randomly find cleaning, I'll be getting some again in a while, it's a favorite..

Yeah, i think 4-ho-met is a bit of a gem.
Seemed that for a while, people were fairly ambivalent about it, but i find it pretty special.
It's been a long time since i've had any, but it's one of my favourites also.

Never tried 4-HO-MET but damn you guys sure have me craving some 4-AcO-MET.

I think I'll order some this weekend.

Yeah, it was pretty fun. Not a lot of insight, which is what I really crave from a head trip these days. The come up was kind of rough and had me thinking I was in for a bad trip. But after 40 minutes or so, I hit a nice, safe plateau and knew that everything would be just fine. I took 20 mgs and I think I would have had a better time at 25 mgs, but as someone who hasn't tripped in about three years, it was pretty special. Everything had that vivid, soft, feathery look to it, like I remember getting with ecstasy, but nowhere near as euphoric. It didn't lose its potency in the slightest and I'm pretty sure it had been in the spot I found it in for about three to four years.

Since I no longer have a clue as to where to find rc's anymore, this was an exciting and very unexpected find. A few years ago, I took 80 mgs of what I thought was a lesser RC (the name escapes me, but I do remember the average dose of that particular chem being around 70-80 mgs). Turns out, I had taken 80 mgs of 2cb, and it was VERY unforgiving. I was stuck inside my head for what seemed like years, experiencing bouts of mania and an eternal leg cramp from the bowels of hell. I also peed on myself. Not my finest night. After that, I took all of my goodies and flushed them down the toilet. This is the one that survived, hiding and waiting to surprise me and tell me everything is going to be ok. And it most definitely was.

Good to know 4-HO-MET can remain potent for years in just about any storage container other than your oven.
But damn, I've never taken 2C-B but I'm sure 80mg's would put me in the same place.
Know what substances you have before ingesting them, always.

Welcome back, Frank. :) Haven't seen you around in quite some time, I think I can see why. 8o

Welcome back, Frank. :) Haven't seen you around in quite some time, I think I can see why. 8o

Good to see you, Xorkoth. No, this had nothing to do with me leaving. This actually happened afterwards. But it was a wake up call. I had always been so careful before, but it just goes to show you that you can never be TOO careful. It was a terrifying experience that I never want to go through again.

I busted into a batch of 4-ho-met i had for about 4 years now. The stuff had first turned from beige to a black tarry paste, at which point I rendered it useless. Upon inspection several days ago, we noticed it had turned into a dusty black powder. We only did about 10-15mg each mixed with about 10mg of meo, and boy what a fantastic trip. Wish I had gotten more 4-ho-met initially but I've got a couple bigger doses left. This stuff is very very cool, definitely one worth trying. I slightly prefer 4-aco-dmt, as it causes me less jitters overall. This had a dmt/mdma style comeup for me which was just slightly menacing but it turned out to be really smooth.

Last edited:
I associate that kind of comeup with most 4-HO tryptamines to be honest, including pure 4-HO-DMT which was the most menacing and anxious / jittery in that respect. And it's explained by 4-AcO delaying and complicating metabolism to 4-HO tryptamines which even if 4-AcO's themselves are active seem more acute in their comeup and intense in producing visuals etc.

So maybe that means 4-AcO-MET is your best bet, to take advantage of the 4-x-MET but reduce the comeup which is apparently an issue for you? I actually found 4-HO-MET and also 4-HO-MiPT not too much to handle in that department so I personally wouldn't change it.
Then again I had a really weird trip on 4-AcO-MET although it could have been 4-AcO-DET, my memory is a bit vague about it... so we should always remember that since YMMV it doesn't help to use extreme or unusual reactions to direct our conception of a psychedelic. I think I see not only others but equally myself making a mistake there, basically using too anecdotal evidence to form an opinion and reinforce that opinion with our decision that it's better to not repeat with a few more tries. It's human and not that strange, we like to use what evidence we have... but it does make us tend to ignore the potential of a psychedelic to surprise us and be different than we thought it was, for better or for worse. It's worth admitting as much.

What still resonates through that doubt though is that 4-HO-MET is considered very positive on average by the collective. The forum is very valuable in this respect.

I'd say the difference between the -METs and the -DETs is quite substantial. I find 4-HO/AcO-DET to be quite jarring compared to many of the others.

^ That has been my experience as well. I've heard a good number of people say that 4-HO-DPT is the most unique of the 4-substituted tryptamines, but I think I would honestly give that award to 4-HO-DET (and 4-AcO-DET). And I would bet money that I could tell the difference between the METs and the DETs in a blind test at basically any dose with 100% accuracy. That's how different they are for me. Though, I will admit that they both definitely also have a certain "ethyl vibe" for me.

About the jitters and shakes of tryptamines, I think it's worth considering that set, setting, experience, and dose seem to play some roles too. I've regularly taken the same compounds and been shaking like I was near seizure one time and not shaking in the slightest next time on the same dose, or I consistently get them from the same doses but lower doses are actually worse than higher doses, or one substance might seem more linear in effect but the shakes become weaker or only come out at more restricted times each time I take it, and so on.... Before I was used to them they actually bothered me quite a lot, but now I don't even really notice them on things anymore because of having gone through all this. Usually they come and go equally quickly at the beginning now and never return.

I busted into a batch of 4-ho-met i had for about 4 years now. The stuff had first turned from beige to a black tarry paste, at which point I rendered it useless. Upon inspection several days ago, we noticed it had turned into a dusty black powder. We only did about 10-15mg each mixed with about 10mg of meo, and boy what a fantastic trip. Wish I had gotten more 4-ho-met initially but I've got a couple bigger doses left. This stuff is very very cool, definitely one worth trying. I slightly prefer 4-aco-dmt, as it causes me less jitters overall. This had a dmt/mdma style comeup for me which was just slightly menacing but it turned out to be really smooth.

That's great to hear. The come up for me was very quick (less than 20 minutes) and very unnerving. I was immediately beginning to regret it and prepared myself for an uncomfortable experience. But after another 15 minutes had passed, it became more euphoric and the anxiety that I was feeling began to subside. I was SOOO relieved. It was about 10 minutes after that point that I came here and made my post. I found it in a closet that I hadn't cleaned in years and it took me three weeks to work up the nerve to try it. After all, my last trip was a train wreck that seemingly lasted a lifetime. But that was a monster dose of 2c-b and it is far less forgiving than 4-HO-MET. After a few days of scouring bl and other sites to refresh my memory on this substance and reading so many reports, I finally felt confident enough to dip my toes into the waters again. But I don't think I could ever try 2c-b again. While I wholeheartedly agree that it is the user, not the substance, my mistake has forever humbled me on that particular rc. I love horror movies, but that was like LIVING inside of a Cronenberg film for thirty years. The memories are still so fresh and vivid. I think I need to bang out a trip report on it and try to purge myself, if only a little bit, of that hellish experience. But yes, 4-HO-MET...two enthusiastic thumbs up and a much needed massaging of my psyche.

This was regarded as one of my favorite psychs, but the past few times I've tried it, all I get is this agitated, restlessness, strange body load and none of the positive, mystical world of visuals and empathy. Maybe it's the dosing, 20-25 mg fumarate seemed to low, as it didn't induce any visuals or relaxing effects.

This really bums me out, ever since my fiancée passed 6 mo ago, I've been incapable of tripping. We tripped together every time and her absence now, holds me down. Hell, I took 4xtabs of al-lad from a reputable vendor and nothing came of it.

I'm sorry for your loss. :( <3

Were you taking the fumarate of this before? Because fumarate salts are much heavier, therefore the dosage must be raised accordingly.

Hmm. Took 20mg of this yesterday followed by 15mg of MXE IM about an hour in. I found the combination highly dysphoric and felt like an overwhelming oppressive depression was setting in. Very bizarre as metocin has always been just about the lightest psych I've taken. Can only assume that the MXE did not go well. Even taking 50mg Ket insufflated after 3 hours didn't raise my mood.

Then, at around 4.5 hour I vape some weed and instantly was propeled into absolute euphoria and completely untamed visuals. Quite an intense ride and I will do a full trip report when I get round to it.

Odd Whitefox. MXE + 4-ho-met has been nothing but euphoric dreamland time for me in the past. Try dosing the MXE beforehand if you feel like letting this combo redeem itself. Most any combo with MXE works 10x better with it dosed first.