• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread - Part 3 - 4-HO-ME's for life

Question about allergy testing with 4-HO-MET. How much should I take as a test? Say I take 3-4 mg as a test, will that affect my tolerance for a full (20-25 mg) dose several days later?

If you test 3-4mg, I don't think there will be much tolerance to a 20-25mg dose several days later.

I read about really harsh come up with this (anxiety). Do you find come up on this harder than come up on aco-dmt, 1p, al-lad, eth-lad or ald-52?

I generally find that 4 subs come on faster than any other class of psychs. Might just be me of course! I think 4-ho-mipt is quickest (of those I have tried), and 4-HO-MET is slightly slower, but not much between them. The anxiety, IMHO, comes from the quick onset. When I had a bad acid trip many years ago it was triggered by the speed of come up; the carpets sliding around after 20 minutes had me terrified as to the next 8 hours.

The key to overcoming anxiety to me with 4 subs is firstly to recognise that they are relatively short-acting and that the very sharp initial come up does not progress in a linear fashion to the peak; in other words, if I expect the Peak to come after 1.5 hours (in the case of 4-ho-met), the first thirty minutes will be the fastest part. Knowing this, I now make sure that I make the most of the whole trip from first alert to the end, unlike with acid or 2C-E for example where the first hour is often a waiting game.

Also, as with any substance, start low. This allows you to gauge the effects on you as an individual. The first time I took 4-HO-MET I took 10mg. This gave me a surprisingly robust experience, but did not overwhelm (other than some shock at the rapid onset).

Bear in mind YMMV of course!

Much agreed, synthetic 4-HO-DMT was probably the fastest to come on and this was accompanied with a pretty anxious feeling. And expectation management can turn something normally considered negative to be fine or positive.

If you're busy doing something and get overwhelmed by a short and fast onset it can be a bother but if you make sure you are prepared before dosing and buckle up and meditate a bit while welcoming the trip, it may merely be felt as intense.

I'm inmersed in 10 mg of metocin now. I'm surpresed at how many people make too distinctions about this and 4-aco-dmt. Feels very similar even with the "sedating" feeling for me O.O I see differences, but not so huge

10 mg is still a fairly light dose, right?

I'm interested in both this and 4-aco-dmt. Interesting you mention a sedating feeling. What I've read about ho-met is that it's clearer and a bit of a stimulating effect to it. Less mindfuck, but still visuals. Whereas aco-dmt is closer to shrooms....not really much stim, and can get mindfucky.

What doses of 4-aco-dmt have you tried?

10 mg is still a fairly light dose, right?

I'm interested in both this and 4-aco-dmt. Interesting you mention a sedating feeling. What I've read about ho-met is that it's clearer and a bit of a stimulating effect to it. Less mindfuck, but still visuals. Whereas aco-dmt is closer to shrooms....not really much stim, and can get mindfucky.

What doses of 4-aco-dmt have you tried?

only up to 15, but i'm sporadic tripper and little weight (70 kg), 15 felt plenty for me.

Yeah 10mg would be a light dose. Probably why it's difficult for freaktech to discern the difference. 20mg is more of a standard dose for both 4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-MET. I've only tried 4-AcO-MET but it's reported as being very similar, but a longer come-up and overall duration, as well as less stimulation. That being said, yes 4-AcO-MET for me was incredibly euphoric & very visual. More visual than 4-AcO-DMT at 20mg by far, but if you can get into a euphoric headspace on 4-AcO-DMT it's unbeatable. 4-AcO-MET's euphoria was always a little more forced and less natural feeling.

Be careful. I find 18-20mg overwhelming. 15mg is as high as I like to go with this one.

Horses for courses. I think that 10mg is the perfect initial dose as it gives you some idea of the personality yet is unlikely to be overwhelming.
I've driven it up to 30mg both on its own and with miprocin and find it very forgiving. I wouldn't recommend going above 15mg at most for a first experience though unless you are highly experienced in other substances because, as mentioned, the initial phase can be quite overwhelming.

In the middle of 25mg of this for my first time :) Ate it about 2 hours ago.

Really fun!!

Lots of energy, some mild visuals so far - blurring/breathing.

All senses heightened, music is amazing. Listening to Magical Mystery Tour right now. Freaking magicians those Beatles were/are.

One of my most creative trips ever was when I took 20mg followed by 20mg more when I tripped and smoked weed without tolerance.

It was crazy visual and intense, but even then stayed light<3ed.

Thought of this:

NSFW:

"Square root"

Lmxx1XK.jpg

At +3.5 hours now, comfortably on the comedown. Music is still amazing. Visual effects have mostly gone away, but colors are vivid. Still feel quite alert, but not stimmed up like earlier.

Had really strong visuals for 30-40 minutes around +2 hours...actually as I was finishing up my last post haha! Screen was getting swirly so I hit submit on that post, and went off on the ride.

Oh, I must add....I took 3g of mushrooms last Saturday (it's Friday today, for those reading this in the future), so there may have been a little tolerance here.

That said, I found 25 mg very manageable. Gonna be busy/unable to trip for the next couple weeks, so I'll be giving 25 a go when I can, on a clean palate.

I really like the stimulant effect of it. It did feel racy for a few minutes on the comeup (+20-30?), but that settled into a still fast paced - "I haven't had any coffee for a few days and just took two shots of espresso" type of feeling, like I could take on the world.

Almost no body load. Felt/feel some tension in my back, which seems to be normal for me on psychs, but I'm very stiff/not flexible.....need to do more yoga. No stomach problems. Been sipping a couple beers throughout, and smoking some bud.

I think this could be a great party tool for me, looking forward to testing it some more!

I'm inmersed in 10 mg of metocin now. I'm surpresed at how many people make too distinctions about this and 4-aco-dmt. Feels very similar even with the "sedating" feeling for me O.O I see differences, but not so huge

I see huge differences. What's so weird is how I am unable to tell a psilocybin mushroom trip from a 4-Aco-Dmt trip.
I was sure I would know the difference in such a natural earthy substance compared to a chemical manufactured in a lab. But nope.. I have to keep reminding myself that I had eaten mushrooms and not 4-Aco-Dmt. Everything was exact on. From the weird way my thumb locks up, to the mental mind fuck.

Lately I have been more than happy to have 4-HO-MET and even 4-Aco-MET over 4-AcO-DMT.

4-HO-MET is so friendly to me. And I love that. 4-AcO-DMT has been a little unfriendly to me lately. I suppose it is trying to tell me something and right now I either don't want to face whatever it may be. Or I do not feel emotionally/mentally strong enough right now to do so. But I have nothing but respect for all 4-subs. Especially after my recent shroom trip, and it being identical to 4-Aco-dmt. I remember thinking the whole time how amazed I was the similarity of the 2.

I don't think I was giving the chemical the respect it deserved. Somehow I maybe felt that the natural mushroom experience was to be given all the respect. And the chemical was all in good fun..

My feelings now have completely changed. I respect both of them for what they are. And treat every experience with great respect. I don't know if anyone relates with what I am saying. I don't always say things that are relatable or whatever

I see huge differences. What's so weird is how I am unable to tell a psilocybin mushroom trip from a 4-Aco-Dmt trip.
I was sure I would know the difference in such a natural earthy substance compared to a chemical manufactured in a lab. But nope.. I have to keep reminding myself that I had eaten mushrooms and not 4-Aco-Dmt. Everything was exact on. From the weird way my thumb locks up, to the mental mind fuck.

Lately I have been more than happy to have 4-HO-MET and even 4-Aco-MET over 4-AcO-DMT.

4-HO-MET is so friendly to me. And I love that. 4-AcO-DMT has been a little unfriendly to me lately. I suppose it is trying to tell me something and right now I either don't want to face whatever it may be. Or I do not feel emotionally/mentally strong enough right now to do so. But I have nothing but respect for all 4-subs. Especially after my recent shroom trip, and it being identical to 4-Aco-dmt. I remember thinking the whole time how amazed I was the similarity of the 2.

I don't think I was giving the chemical the respect it deserved. Somehow I maybe felt that the natural mushroom experience was to be given all the respect. And the chemical was all in good fun..

My feelings now have completely changed. I respect both of them for what they are. And treat every experience with great respect. I don't know if anyone relates with what I am saying. I don't always say things that are relatable or whatever

now, with all trip record, I see the difference, the 4-aco-dmt feeling was only at come up phase because 4-ho-met comes up very strong and seemed more powerful at begining than the peak/end. When the trip was fully developed, the headspace was much clearer (less mindfuck) than 4-aco-dmt, but I conserved some drowsiness yet reminding to 4-aco-dmt

^^ The biggest difference would be the 4-aco-dmt vs the rest of them. 4-aco-Dmt. Just like shrooms. The mind fuck is intense. Too much for me at time. I find the others more recreational, and not so mind fucked. 4-Ho-met, is beautiful and fun. There were a few times when it got dark outside and I felt something weird. The come down on 4-acO-MET was a little uncomfortable. But still nice in that I wasn't feeling a sinister presence outside. I don't know. That one Trip on 4Aco-DMT WAS pretty weird. Its why I began looking into other 4-subs

what happen when 4 ho met turns brown?

Tryptamines degrades easily, probably your powder turning brown could mean a loss in potency. Eitherway, I tried brown tryptamines that were white once, and didn't felt any loss of potency on the batch.

Can anyone compare this to 4-ACO-MET? accounting for the difference in potency by weight. I'm hearing some people say its exactly the same, as it metabolizes into 4-HO-MET, but reading through the 4-ACO-MET thread, 4-HO-MET seems like the superior of the two?