• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-MET Thread

In the next couple weeks I will be reporting on both 4-aco-met and 4-ho-met. I am currently waiting on my .001 scales to arrive to ensure accuracy in my reports.

Any more reports on this? Can anyone compare it to 4-ho-met and 4-aco-dmt specifically?

Here's a link to a TR I wrote about an experience I had with this substance a few years ago http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...ce-These-aren-t-the-droids-you-re-looking-for
All in all I think its a pretty worthwhile substance, though I only have had the one experience with it. If memory serves its a little less potent than the free phenol. I don't recall it having the long tail that metocin has, but its been a while so I'm not 100% sure. Will have to do some side by side testing with 4-HO-MET to know for sure ;-)

^ Thanks for the report!

Has anyone performed reagent tests on this compound?
These are my results:

Marquis: Light green
Mecke: Very Dark green/Black

Might be aquiring some of this sooner or later... sounds fun.

I've tried 4-aco-det a few times, and seem to like it better than 4-aco-dmt I think. It seems "lighter"? I think I prefer mushrooms to 4-aco-dmt as well, but I don't think I've given 4-aco-dmt a full fair shake yet though.

Excited to try the 4-aco-met though. From what I've read here, it might be less of a "mind fuck". Sometimes it's nice to get inside your head and be serious, but sometimes it's nice to just relax with it :).

This stuff had me laughing to the point of tears. Seriously, if you're reading this thread and haven't tried this stuff yet, then you're missing out.
I'll just post this picture of my experience with 18mg + 6mg of the fumurate.
jwVnw.png

The come-up was pretty fast and the peak seemed rather short compared to other trips. About 2 hours later I decided that 18mg wasn't very exciting and I took a 6mg booster dose. This booster surprisingly brought me up to a peak that was equal if not greater than the first peak. Three and a half hours after that some weed was smoked which amplified the trip nicely. The visuals of the trip were nice but nothing to write home about.
Overall, it was pretty good except that I couldn't sleep for many hours after. Just an endless train of recursive thoughts kept me awake. I recommend some benzos to knock you out if you plan on taking this at night.

Last edited:
Tried this stuff again. Seems to peak very quickly and then drop off just as quick, leaving you with a long tailing end that lasts quite a while. The body load was a little bumpy for me at first, but it mellowed out after the first hour. Good stuff though.

Last edited:
In the next couple weeks I will be reporting on both 4-aco-met and 4-ho-met. I am currently waiting on my .001 scales to arrive to ensure accuracy in my reports.

I did 25mg orally of this and it was mind blowing. Set in very quickly and was gone in 4-6 hours. Many colors, jewelike colors of orange, gold, yellow, and blue and such. Morphing and 5-7 levels of tracers all layered. When I looked at my hand I could see 5 of them all layered on each other. The trip was some months ago but the experience is very profound. Different than shrooms or L, better I'd say.

I am 6ft 2 at 180 pounds and the doseage was very heavy for me, an experienced L and shroom tripper. Took me by surprise and took me from fear to elation to tears to joy and amazement.

Body load was rushing for the first hour but did level. I have some 4-ho-met as well but have not tried it yet.

Haha that graph is awesome!!

Silly of me I never actually realized 4-AcO-MET is the ester of 4-HO-MET which is very special to me and many others. I should really put this on a more active to-do list.

Just went and took a look at some 4-aco-met that I have been storing (in an original small zip bag) and it appears to have browned a bit... maybe this stuff breaks down into 4-ho-met pretty quickly?

Edit: After a second look, it does not appear as brown as I originally thought, it is more of an offshade of white.

Just went and took a look at some 4-aco-met that I have been storing (in an original small zip bag) and it appears to have browned a bit...

4-sub-tryptamines are infamous for being VERY unstable.

Nah, it's fine. Whatever causes the browning...they all do that and they all seem to remain the same potency. Actually we probably know what these break down too if the results of 4-AcO-DET can be translated to all of the 4-AcOs. They are not as unstable as often thought, especially salt forms.

Shulgin analyzed a batch of 4-AcO-DET that was browning years ago, and it...well just check out the vaults of Erowid for those details. A little brown won't hurt ya.

Just went and took a look at some 4-aco-met that I have been storing (in an original small zip bag) and it appears to have browned a bit... maybe this stuff breaks down into 4-ho-met pretty quickly?

Edit: After a second look, it does not appear as brown as I originally thought, it is more of an offshade of white.

Any more reports on this? Can anyone compare it to 4-ho-met and 4-aco-dmt specifically?

It's gentler and more recreational than 4-HO-MET and 4-AcO-DMT. I do enjoy 4-HO-MET, but the only batches I've seen for the past year have been brown/tan and the potency seems to be diminished. 4-AcO-MET is more lucid or the bunch. The visuals are more interesting. It's perfect for staring at a fish tank or the night sky and having great conversation for a few hours. There are no GI issues that can occasionally accompany 4-AcO-DMT. 4-AcO-DET is like a beginners psychedelic. 4-AcO-MiPT can cause GI issues or amazing mental confusion that you don't want to deal with under that level of intoxication.

If I want a light-hearted experience, 4-AcO-MET is my choice of 4-subs. If I want to go to another world, mushrooms or 4-HO-MiPT.

Nah, it's fine. Whatever causes the browning...they all do that and they all seem to remain the same potency. Actually we probably know what these break down too if the results of 4-AcO-DET can be translated to all of the 4-AcOs. They are not as unstable as often thought, especially salt forms.

Yeah, and here's some more evidence that 4-AcO-DMT degrades partially into psilocin.

http://www.nist.gov/oles/upload/Col...l-Difficulties-with-Emerging-Drugs-Morris.pdf

So 4-AcO-MET into 4-HO-MET?

Shulgin analyzed a batch of 4-AcO-DET that was browning years ago, and it...well just check out the vaults of Erowid for those details. A little brown won't hurt ya.

Thanks so much! I am aware that tryptamines are less stable then phens (which is what I historically prefer/used/have most experience with when it comes to pyschs). If some of it did degrade into 4-ho then I am alright with that. From what I understand the dosing is pretty comparable between the two. I enjoyed 4-ho quite a bit as well.

Anyways, I am kinda feeling like sampling this again at some point in the near future. I enjoyed it the one other time I tried it, though it was a bit underwhelming. I did like that it was a bit more uplifting then mushrooms, which I have never been a big fan of. I tend to enjoy the more "fun" psychedelics.

As I have noted, I tend to enjoy psychedelics the most at concerts/raves but it might be fun to share it with some friends (after fully explaining it to them of course)

Just tried 4-AcO-MET for the second time today, and I must say, I found the experiences to be VERY different from 4-HO-MET.

I have tripped on 4-HO-MET dozens of times-- it is my favorite psychedelic-- and the effects have been extremely consistent overall. The chemical has always had an absurdly fast come-up for me when taken on an empty stomach, sometimes with peak effects arriving within 30 minutes of dosing. The come-up on the 4-AcO-MET, however, was much more drawn out, and unlike 4-HO-MET, which never produces negative body effects for me on the come-up, there was a notable body load for the 4-AcO-MET for the first ~60 minutes; I would almost describe it as a purely physical feeling of anxiety, if that makes any sense.

The visual effects were similar in geometry and color to 4-HO-MET, albeit less vibrant than the visuals from an equipotent dosage of the 4-HO. I found the mental effects overall to be quite disappointing. Whereas 4-HO-MET makes me feel creative, witty, energetic, and conversational, the 4-AcO-MET seemed to dull my creativity, and made it more difficult to remain engaged in conversation on complex topics.

Lastly, the duration and comedown were wayyy different. 4-HO-MET, even in dosages as high as 40mg, has never lasted a minute over 4 hours for me, and the comedown is so abrupt it is as if a switch is turned that precipitates an instant transition from tripping to nearly complete sobriety. The 4-AcO-MET, on the other hand, lasted fully 7 hours on both occasions I tried it! And the comedown was much more drawn-out and gradual than its 4-HO cousin.

About to go to bed now, and I'm still not really sure what to make of how different the 4-AcO-MET experiences were from all of my 4-HO-MET experiences, but I am inclined to think that it is strongly suggestive of the notion that 4-AcO-MET does not undergo significant metabolic conversion to 4-HO-MET before crossing the blood-brain-barrier, at least for someone with my particular splice variant of histone deacetylase, and whatever other relevant genetic factors would influence the enzymatic conversion.

Last edited:
Thanks for the report.

Does anyone have any dosage recemendations for this stuff? Like light dose v common dose v heavy dose?

A buddy and I have decided to trip and it has been awhile. I am thinking of going with 2c-c to be honest, just because we have not tripped much and plan on easing into it. I was thinking if that is the case then a 30 mg starter.

I also have a small amount of T7 so that is an option but that may be a bit heavy. My 2c-b is always saved for concerts so that is a no go except for maybe a booster.

Setting will likely just be chilling around the house.

Edit: Have not tripped much recently, both of us have plenty of lifetime experience.

Last edited:
Hello there, i have the chance to try this 4-aco-met. 15/20mg is a good starting dose to give someone a little sensitive to substances, and with a little anxiety? Thanks :)
I didnt read all replys, but of corse you can mix it with hash no?

Edit: 20mg was very very nice, much better and stronger than wat i was expecting. i dont have much experience with psychedelics, but i loved the visuals, i couldnt belive wat i was seeing, amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
My friends did 20 mg recently, it was a tad stronger than they expected. I say it is stronger then 4-ho-met, from their description of effects. They were unable to understand anything/move around for 40+ mins.