• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread - Act Five

Weird, my 4-HO-MET turned dark but i never noticed that with my 4-aco-dmt. Never got brain zaps on these substances either, but i've gotten them on prescription drugs.

Anyone experience brain zaps and or feeling like you may pass out? Iv heard that passing out on mushrooms does happen fairly often just havnt heard the same with this. I really want to push this one further (been up to 30mg) but the last time I kept getting brain zaps and extreme light headedness and dizziness.

I love the short duration of this one and find it has given me some of the most significant trips but Im quite worried that if I push it much higher there may be a chance i could have some sort of siezure or worse.

Incase it matters, the material I have is quite degraded and looks like black tar. Still just as potent as white powder batches I've tried.

Any info on this?

I've heard that when 4-aco-dmt turns dark, it's actually already turned into psilocin. Gonna need someone to back me up / correct me on that, though.

Years and years back I received a gram of 4-AcO-DMT from a great vendor at the time. I stupidly set the bag down on the counter where I'd just had a water cup and bam, water seeping into the bag instantly. As I freaked out I managed to isolate the 1/10 of a gram that was wet into a little paper boat container I made, followed by stashing it away in my closet, imagining it was a goner and I'd just squirrel it for science. Well a year later I ended up finding it again, weighing it to find that yes it was 95mg, and then thinking it's totally degraded insufflated the entire amount. Turns out it hadn't degraded, or at least much, and I ended up having one of the strongest trips of my life. Visual insanity followed by clarity but a total loss of sense of being human, instead running around my house on all fours, imitating animals, etc. Not that I wasn't a human or was an animal, simply that all human pre-conception had disappeared, allowing me to feel as if I was no different than an animal. It was insanity to say the least.

Edit: it was dark grey when dosed

Last edited:
Similarly, my degraded tarry 4-ho-met had me speaking in tongues to Mount Rushmore in my living room for several hours at least. I felt the unmistakable presence of some ancient pterodactyl-lizard dinosaur manwoman with fantastical electric beams pulsating around me in rhythm.

It's something i'd like to repeat as soon as possible.

I tried to smoke some 4-aco-dmt fumarate last night. Total waste. Got some weird tension in my head, and a slightly altered headspace. Maybe it would've worked better if I converted it to freebase, idk. just putting this here in case any future psychonaughts google something along the lines of smoking or vaping 4-aco-dmt. don't bother, imo.

on the other hand, IVing it can be fucking intense. Do not attempt unless you are well versed in the ways of tryptamines. Later on this week, I'll report back with what IMing 4-aco-dmt is like.

I'd really like to IM the tryptamines. Unfortunately the sources aren't really pure or sterile enough for me to be comfortable putting them directly in my body like that. I hope you're using filters Dronelore!

IV is intense. It's something I tried and haven't done again in a while. After he last time I did 4-aco-dmt iv, the experience was so intense and overwhelming, beautiful, complex, and also somewhat difficult. I haven't felt any need to do it again since.
If you are going to choose IM for ROA, you need to make sure your gear is sterile, new. Use bacteriostatic water, and you need a 0.2 filter, using cotton for filtering is really not ideal when planning an intramuscular injection. IM is not as intense as IV, but it's a lot more risky, and you put yourself at risk for a possible abscess.
Most people really don't like the idea of plugging, but it's safer than IM and it's very similar to it as well.

Plugging is definitely the way to go. Super easy, quick, and painless.

Why do you prefer plugged? I use that ROA mostly to shorten the come up and/or reduce bodyload with substances that can be problematic in that regard, like AMT or 2C-E. But that doesn't really seem necessary with the 4 sub tryptamines I have tried, so I just eat them. I did try plugging 4-AcO-DMT once, I remember that it came on very fast, almost uncomfortably fast, but I guess some could see that as a positive. Or is it more about saving material that way? I don't really remember how the doses compared.

I prefer 4-sub-trypts orally to any other route, but various phenethylamines I like better plugged. One advantage that plugging has for most things (including tryptamines) is to reduce the dose by around half. For some reason, AMT requires around the same dose plugged though.

I wasn't so much making a declaration as to the best ROA in general but in reply to the ongoing IV/IM conversation and the mention of plugging as an alternative by MocCozmiK. It's definitely not the same brevity as either, but it still compares relative to oral dosing.

I pretty much only plug tryptamines when I'm looking for shorter experiences, usually due to dosing later in the day, or want to induce a visionary experience with a small dose and shamanic journeying.

I prefer 4-sub-trypts orally to any other route, but various phenethylamines I like better plugged. One advantage that plugging has for most things (including tryptamines) is to reduce the dose by around half. For some reason, AMT requires around the same dose plugged though.

I get the feeling that base tryptamines may not share such high bio-availability plugged as their 4 or 5 sub counterparts. DPT requires a much closer to oral than insufflated dose when plugged as well.

A couple weeks ago I went on a 3 day psychedelics bender (not advised). Towards the end my tolerance was fairly ridiculous, even adding 300ug LSD plus 25mg 2c-b at that point did very little. The final thing to come out of my stash that weekend was my 4aco-dmt. I ate 30mg expecting almost nothing due to the extremely high tolerance at this point. To my surprise I began to feel that tryptamine vibe along with that tactile DMT-esque body / buzz within about 15 minutes. Everywhere I looked seemed to be illuminated with a bright golden/orange light along with intricate, shifting fractal like holograms playing out in front of my eyes in 3D. I passed out around hour 3 into the 4aco-dmt however I had been awake for around 36 hours at this point and I find 4aco-dmt trips to be quite sedating.

Just goes to show that even after stupidly pushing the bounds of psychedelic combinations and redosing over the space of a few days, 4aco-dmt can still deliver an ass whooping!

Regarding ROA, I have not found much advantage with plugging vs oral, and actually my fastest come up and strongest trip was 30mg oral, with the gooey brown gunk variant (I recall speculation of psilacetin hydrolizing to psilocin). I knew it was no average trip just 20 minutes after ingesting it inside a capsule. It's just so much easier to eat the stuff that I see no point in plugging it.

Regarding ROA, I have not found much advantage with plugging vs oral, and actually my fastest come up and strongest trip was 30mg oral, with the gooey brown gunk variant (I recall speculation of psilacetin hydrolizing to psilocin). I knew it was no average trip just 20 minutes after ingesting it inside a capsule. It's just so much easier to eat the stuff that I see no point in plugging it.

The stuff I have used in the recent past is the same. Almost hash oil consistency but very potent. It seems to come on very fast and leave quite quickly to. Im very interested in what 4-aco-dmt degrades into and what the effects are of degraded material compared to fresh white (or off grey) 4-aco-dmt.

Does anyone else experience breathing problems with this stuff when mixing with other 4-sub tryptamines? Overall, I think psilacetin is a great drug, but I've had a few experiences now when mixing with miprocin in particular that startled me a bit.

I think it comes down to the fact that psilacetin pretty much puts me to sleep (especially taken in the evening), but miprocin keeps me awake, and they both dehydrate me after awhile. When I mix the two, I want to just lie down and close my eyes as is typical with the psilacetin. The experience is nice, as the miprocin enhances the CEVs and gives a nice body high, which creates an excellent dreamlike scenario.

I'll try to explain the breathing issue:

I'll find myself in a state where I feel like I nearly stop breathing, or maybe my heart rate slows down enough to barely notice it? It can feel like I start to astrally project in a way but I stop myself from leaving my body, wake up, and feel like I've had to catch my breath, then clear my throat, drink some water and all is good. That's while lying on my back.

While lying on my stomach, I get a similar sensation to feeling like I've stopped breathing, and find myself starting to wander mentally as if being drifted away somewhere... but I'll have enough trouble just swallowing saliva around this point that it forces me to sit up, clear my throat, and drink some water. Once or twice I've felt something like an air/gas bubble in my throat that eventually pops and allows my breathing to return to normal.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? It did give me a bit of anxiety but after the peak wears off it becomes much less of an alarming thing, thinking about what happened. I suppose if I was on something that actually put me to sleep or caused me to blackout I would have more to worry about, but since I'm fully aware of my body and mind while this happens, I can just wake up and stop it from getting worse.

Secondly, if this is related to astral projection, and for those that have experienced that, I guess I should not be waking myself out of that state to fully experience it? It seems that if astral projection is going to happen, I need to be lying on my back for it. I do feel an intense energy above my body when this happens, almost like I'm starting to get sucked up into a vortex, which is why I liken it to astral projection. I've never actually experienced that, but have read about it, and this is probably the closest I've come to it.

Never experienced any breathing problems on this in any sort of combo including with other tryptamines, or on any tryptamine. That's odd, I can see why you'd be concerned though.

indigowizard, I've had similar breathing problems on Miprocin itself and with combinations. I still cant figure out what causes it exactly, as sometimes with the same dosage I'd get completely different results. Also Miprocin causes the most stomach gas of all the tryptamines I think. Try preloading with Simethicone - antibloating agent, seems to work for me.

So I don't think the breathing issues are 4-AcO-DMT related. Although on vaporized DMT I sometimes wonder if I'm breathing at all, but thats different I guess...

Thanks Volsam. Now that I think about it, it is possible that miprocin alone causes it, I just don't remember it being very noticeable on its own. The psilacetin seems to make it worse, but probably because I lie on my stomach more after I've taken it. So if it is related to stomach gas, that makes sense to me. I used to get a lot of acid reflux and that was always at its worst when I was on my stomach.

The sensation of wondering if I'm even still breathing I believe is something different, but it's weird that they happen to sync up like that. It only happens when I've allowed myself to completely relax and mentally start drifting away. Then it's almost like the fear of dying snaps me out of that state and I feel the need to gasp for air. The rest of the time I don't experience any breathing difficulty or heart problems and have otherwise enjoyed each trip.

Thanks TAC, will read. I was just thinking how my perception of 5-ACO-DMT has so drastically changed after a trip last weekend that obliterated the quality of the last material I had used. I classify it now as the most DMT-like of the 4-subs, perhaps fittingly. Super like.