• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread - Act Five

Tryptamines (and no psychedelic for that matter) is stoning to me. Maybe to some degree, but I always want to use my body, and go see or do things.
I've never touched opiates but I very much doubt the 'stoning' character is comparable to that of downers, more like you don't want to move. It's no reason not to try this gem of a drug imo :)

Would you even think of suggesting this to someone who really dislikes the feeling of downers (opiates, weed, alcohol) and someone that really struggles to get through a couple much lighter tryptamine come-ups do to the stoning qualities of them?

It sounds great, but I just don't think I would like the stoning qualities that this possesses. Obviously, some people feel no load, but lots of people say it's the heaviest there is.

Well when I say no bodyload I mean negative feelings in the body. 4-aco-dmt does have a very strong and very stoning body high but I find it very confortable euphoric and relaxing similar to an opioid nod in a sense. If you can't stand other tryptamines because of the stoning body buzz this one is maybe not for you. With that said I find it feels different from the other 4-X-tryptamines. It is less edgy. I guess you have to try to find out. I have yet to hear anybody say they disliked this drug because of the body effects. It is usually the mental intensity that scare people off from this one. Try a low dose it will give you an idea how it feels.

Hey guys & gals, has anyone ever heard of people fainting from 4-aco-dmt fumarate?

Had 3 friends recently take 20mg each of a new tan colored batch, smaller female, average weight male and a larger guy. They all started tripping very hard by about 90 minutes in, and after that the female started fainting in and out of consciousness. The other two felt light headed as well, and they eventually all went to the hospital to be on the safe side.

The capsules were within a milligram or two of 20mg and confirmed the scale was on point. No medications or other drugs involved. 4aco is from a reputable vendor & tested with GCMS, and additionally I've had it tested twice using FTIR. Average weight male is a veteran psychedelic user and has done 4 aco about 10 times before (of a previous, brown batch) and gotten expected results, this trip he described as vastly stronger than those experiences.

I'm totally baffled. Only possibilities I can think of are:
- smaller female was a bit anxious going into the trip. I have seen people & groups of people think they're going to trip really hard, or the opposite and lo and behold that's what happens. Perception is reality. But fainting seems like quite an extreme reaction to me, well beyond the possibility of any self induced placebo effect.
- are there differences in the isomer ratios of different 4 aco dmt batches? Perhaps certain synthesis routes produce much different 4 aco?
- I know psychedelics in general are fairly unpredictable, but is 4 aco just inherently ridiculously all over the place in terms of the strength of trip? I've personally always found it reasonably consistent and gentle in my adventures with it.

Anyone have any ideas?

I haven't fainted from it, but I do find it very sedating. I can see being overwhelmed and falling over. So one person fainted? Do you know if she has blood pressure issues? I feel lightheaded every time I do 4-AcO-DMT, it's part of the first half of the experience, it's why I always sit or lay down until the peak passes.

What was the set and setting?

What was the outcome of their hospital visits?

I also find 4-AcO-DMT sedating, and will generally take it when I can lie down. It also seems to have a bit of a reverse tolerance for me. When I first started taking it, it was recreational and tolerable. I could stay up and watch a movie, have a conversation, etc. Then it became more therapeutic, where I could feel it recharging and rebalancing my energy centers. Now it just continues to get weirder and weirder. Each new experience is like peeling back layers of an onion. Sometimes it will throw me into a trance like state where I still have control, but feel almost harassed in a way from the effects.

Sometimes it affects me more physically than other times. The more I take it, the less I want to, or anything for that matter. I don't believe this is a good one for recreation, but more of a personal journey tool.

I think 20mg can be strong for some people (especially lighter females). I think my wife liked it best around 10mg when she would take it.

Mushrooms have been known to cause fainting, Im surprised we havent seen more fainting with 4 aco dmt
Idk if its low blood pressure or low blood sugar or what

Not blood related, it could be some conditions I don't deny but blackout on mushrooms it's very rarely, at least I didn't met anyone to see with my own eyes. If this happens it could be that the trip was way too hard to handle, as same as some people fall asleep when they smoke green.

Had a friend faint on mushies once, hit his head on the way down. We were all freaking the fuck out. He was fine after, but boy did we have a scare. I don't think it's uncommon to faint on mushies.

I've felt definite changes in my BP on this one. I'm pretty sensitive to those things and take BP medication daily. I've gotten dizzy spells on it a pressure feeling in my head that comes and goes the first couple hours. This has happened a few times but at a point in the Peak it smoothens out and is replaced by a beautiful body high and incredibly intricate geometric paste visuals.

Really love this drug and its why i got a lifetime supply. Prefer it over Mushrooms anyday of the week. With a 3-5mg MacroDose it adds the most pleasing sparkle to your day, like its one of the best you ever had till this one.

I also got some weird physical reactions from a certain vendors product that tends to be clumpy. It seems to get worse the more the product degrades. Have never had degrading issues with batches from another vendor that was nice shiny white crystals. Very clean. Anyway what I am enperiencing when this product gets old is like a sort of allergic reaction like the product becomes irritating or something. I get slight edema all over my body (face, hands and feet a bit swollen/ retaining water). I if I take it intranasally I will get breathing difficulties. I find these effects pretty scary, especially in a psychedelic state where paranoya can set in. Made me panick a few times which sucks because it ruins what would be an amazing experience. It seems to be the product becomes caustic because I get this puffyness when I begin sweating after the peak as if it is my sweat that causes this skin reaction. One time I took some that was really poorly stored rectally and some if the liquid leaked out of my rectum and it was so caustic it caused a painful chemical burn on my buttcheek...

Anyway, can anyone with knowledge in chemistry could tell me if the compound Dimethyl-Fumarate could be forming when the product degrades ? This compound is known to be irritant and cause allergic reactions so I was thinking it could be that.

Last edited:
Its makes me yawn and induces that unique dream state after the peak. Once your body gets accustome to it.

I also got some weird physical reactions from a certain vendors product that tends to be clumpy. It seems to get worse the more the product degrades. Have never had degrading issues with batches from another vendor that was nice shiny white crystals. Very clean. Anyway what I am enperiencing when this product gets old is like a sort of allergic reaction like the product becomes irritating or something. I get slight edema all over my body (face, hands and feet a bit swollen/ retaining water). I if I take it intranasally I will get breathing difficulties. I find these effects pretty scary, especially in a psychedelic state where paranoya can set in. Made me panick a few times which sucks because it ruins what would be an amazing experience. It seems to be the product becomes caustic because I get this puffyness when I begin sweating after the peak as if it is my sweat that causes this skin reaction. One time I took some that was really poorly stored rectally and some if the liquid leaked out of my rectum and it was so caustic it caused a painful chemical burn on my buttcheek...

Anyway, can anyone with knowledge in chemistry could tell me if the compound Dimethyl-Fumarate could be forming when the product degrades ? This compound is known to be irritant and cause allergic reactions so I was thinking it could be that.

This is very interesting, and unfortunate. Does anyone else have info on this?

Well when I say no bodyload I mean negative feelings in the body. 4-aco-dmt does have a very strong and very stoning body high but I find it very confortable euphoric and relaxing similar to an opioid nod in a sense. If you can't stand other tryptamines because of the stoning body buzz this one is maybe not for you. With that said I find it feels different from the other 4-X-tryptamines. It is less edgy. I guess you have to try to find out. I have yet to hear anybody say they disliked this drug because of the body effects. It is usually the mental intensity that scare people off from this one. Try a low dose it will give you an idea how it feels.

Yeah 4acodmt is probably the cleanest psychs imo.
I get less negative effects from it then basicly anything other then vaped super clean dmt.

Yeah 4acodmt is probably the cleanest psychs imo.
I get less negative effects from it then basicly anything other then vaped super clean dmt.
I agree it is. Other than the weird effects I described in my last post that seem to only arise when the stuff from a certain source degrades (I don't know why but it seems to degrade faster than when I got it from somewhere else).

Theoretically 4-AcO-DMT should degrade into 4-HO-DMT before it breaks down further (I think anyway). I remember people used to worry that when they ordered 4-AcO-DMT, it would get intercepted and actually have become some part 4-HO-DMT and be schedule 1.

Personally i have had weird blood pressure rises and brief periods of anxiety on it with the same batch as I've had blissful smooth trips. The comeup is always a little jarring for me at 14mgs and above but if i wanna go there i just gotta ride it out till it switched to that sparkly tryptamine euphoria. But these days i tend to take between 7-12mgs and it just creates a beautful day and a lasting anti-deppresent effect that carries through the week.

* want to add i only have BP effects above 14mgs
It doesn't happen every time, but it's why i low-dose*

~Charlie

Last edited:
I also got some weird physical reactions from a certain vendors product that tends to be clumpy. It seems to get worse the more the product degrades. Have never had degrading issues with batches from another vendor that was nice shiny white crystals. Very clean. Anyway what I am enperiencing when this product gets old is like a sort of allergic reaction like the product becomes irritating or something. I get slight edema all over my body (face, hands and feet a bit swollen/ retaining water). I if I take it intranasally I will get breathing difficulties.
I have some 4-AcO-DMT (supposedly) that is basically dark brown or even black flakes, I don't know what this means but I am still able to crush it up and insufflate, and I have always got strong effects from it. This has lasted me a while and honestly I've never known any different so I've never tried any sparkly clean powder that I see people talking about here. I do however get a sort of bodyload, I think, and not breathing difficulties as such, but possibly some extra mucus production in my nose, extra saliva production, etc...

To be honest I think that I got this on old school psilocybin mushrooms too, so I never really paid it much attention, I thought maybe this was just something about psilocin analogues, although thinking about it now I don't think I get this from metocin, or at least if I do, it's to a far lesser extent... and what I have of that looks a lot cleaner and what you would expect for a fairly pure substance in powder form...

After a while typically this stuff levels out and I've had some beautiful and profound experiences on it. But I'm thinking now could this be a mild allergic reaction of a sort? I'm not sure... would like to know what the colour means though as far as degradation and whether I should be concerned...

I have some 4-AcO-DMT (supposedly) that is basically dark brown or even black flakes, I don't know what this means but I am still able to crush it up and insufflate, and I have always got strong effects from it. This has lasted me a while and honestly I've never known any different so I've never tried any sparkly clean powder that I see people talking about here. I do however get a sort of bodyload, I think, and not breathing difficulties as such, but possibly some extra mucus production in my nose, extra saliva production, etc...

To be honest I think that I got this on old school psilocybin mushrooms too, so I never really paid it much attention, I thought maybe this was just something about psilocin analogues, although thinking about it now I don't think I get this from metocin, or at least if I do, it's to a far lesser extent... and what I have of that looks a lot cleaner and what you would expect for a fairly pure substance in powder form...

After a while typically this stuff levels out and I've had some beautiful and profound experiences on it. But I'm thinking now could this be a mild allergic reaction of a sort? I'm not sure... would like to know what the colour means though as far as degradation and whether I should be concerned...
I'm not certain color means much if it has always been that color. If it was initially white and changed color over time than yes it could mean the product has undergone some changes chemically. As for the flegm I get a bit of it on most tryptamines but not as much as with this degraded 4-aco. When it is fresh and I unsufflate it it does clog my lungs a bit if powder goes past my sinuses but when degraded it becomes much more caustic and also burns like hell giving me sinusitis sometimes. But the skin reaction only happends when the batch has degraded. I find it interesting you say you only get that from psilocin analogues because it is also the case for me. I had the exact thing I decribed earlier once on 4-pro-dmt. Both having dimethyl is what makes me wonder if the compoud dimethlyfumarate could form when 4-xx-dimethyltryptamine fumarate degrades. I will maybe get 4-aco-dmt freebase and convert it to HCL salt to verify because I have a feeling this has to do with the fumarate type of salt. I may be completely wrong also as I have limited knowledge in chemistry.

Personally i have had weird blood pressure rises and brief periods of anxiety on it with the same batch as I've had blissful smooth trips. The comeup is always a little jarring for me at 14mgs and above but if i wanna go there i just gotta ride it out till it switched to that sparkly tryptamine euphoria. But these days i tend to take between 7-12mgs and it just creates a beautful day and a lasting anti-deppresent effect that carries through the week.

* want to add i only have BP effects above 14mgs
It doesn't happen every time, but it's why i low-dose*

~Charlie

I never had blood pressure issues on that or any tryptamine. I think this is diet related because since I cleaned my diet I never get significant rises in blood pressure on any drug. Even on methamphetamine it barely goes up.