• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Salvia Thread (Archived start - 1-20-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just moved 225 posts out of here and into the archive... this thread went from being 14 pages long to just 5, and it only took me about over two hours to accomplish!! (Remember that shit, next time you wanna call Church lazy). Enjoy, everyone. =D

Oh yeah, and welcome to Bluelight, Hashbrown007!

EVERYTHING BEFORE THIS POINT HAS BEEN CLEANED

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to be trying some fortified leaf for the first time tonight. I think it's probably around 5-7x.

I've smoked plain leaf before (my friend had a Sally D plant a few years ago) but only got minimal, barely threshold effects. I'm going to try about .1g first, and ramp it up if I need to. I'll post about it tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I edited your post. Please read the rules. No links to sources, no brand names.

Ah, sorry about that, there's a lot of rules on this site, and I missed that particular one.

Smoked a hit of the extract last night, probably a tad under .1g, and it didn't do too much. I noticed a definite weirdness, but as I smoked it on a small leaf of marijuana to hold the extract, I wasn't sure if I could attribute it to just that or not. I repacked the bowl, and the second time definitely got effect. I started hallucinating. Strangely, I was mostly reminded of mushrooms; I suppose that is because mushrooms were my most intense psychedelic experience. I didn't break through, not remotely - I felt like I was seeing advertisements for the breakthrough, teases from Salvia showing me what she could do, visual distortions, almost-hallucinations (the ones that look very real but are gone when you blink).

To be honest I don't remember a lot of it, but I was trippin beyond a doubt. I'm a tad apprehensive to see where it could take me, but definitely willing to explore with some stronger extract.

Remembering the Salvia experience..

What I've always found with Salvia is that memories of the last experience quickly fade, and that the experience can only be remembered by smoking it again.

Every time I'm about to 'revisit' Salvia land, I try to prepare my self for it, (often quite nervously) try to adjust my mind to what I 'think' is going to happen, I usually imagine (quite foolishly) that its like being stoned or something. Then as soon as I inhale the smoke the whole experience comes flooding back along with the unique taste of the leaves, and the thoughts from the previous trip return with the remarks "oh yeah, of course this is what Salvia is all about, how could I have forgotten this?"

It frustrates me that the experience seems so valid at the time of ingestion, but as the effects wear off I am left with a struggle to piece together and make sense of it.

In all my psychedelic experiences, Salvia still remains the most remarkable one, I just wish that when people ask me to describe it I could come up with something other than 'weird'

:\

Time Between Salvia Trips

How long do you guys wait in between Salvia Divinorum trips?

Longer periods than regular psychedelics, because it's more intense, or shorter periods, because it's shorter lasting?

Thanks,
bickoma

I love Salvia, but if it only were a little longer it'd be great. I don't like the fact that I sweat like crazy. I really do, my shirt gets wet so it's not just in my head. I've never really saw little sprite bottle aliens on my arms before, but I do see things in slow motion like birds and butterflies and stuff. That and I laugh like crazy, more than when I smoke pot. The first time my friend and I did it I just sat there and mumbled how I wanted to kill them both while watching this butterfly float through the air...

Salvia is the strangest substance I have ever used… I have been to Salvia land about 50 times sometimes it is instantly rewarding and other times it is just plain confusing. Like my brain is opened up and pasted all over a 2 dimensional world. To be honest it kind of scares me, I’m not quite sure why I keep going back. I think what scares me is I lose my heart and soul and become a nothing and then the void. Other substances I lose everything except for my heart and soul until the void. I don’t know very strange.

Anybody ever use salvia with a quid, but put a pinch of extract in the quid also for added effect? I've been wondering about the efficacy of this for a while now.

If i'm one of those who get anxiety/panic attacks from weed even though i love weed.. should i use salvia?

Salvia is one of those things I was going to try but I never got around to it and then I kinda forgot about it.

I get easily anxious when smoking weed but salvia has never given any serious anxiety.

Sic said:
I love Salvia, but if it only were a little longer it'd be great. I don't like the fact that I sweat like crazy. I really do, my shirt gets wet so it's not just in my head. I've never really saw little sprite bottle aliens on my arms before, but I do see things in slow motion like birds and butterflies and stuff. That and I laugh like crazy, more than when I smoke pot. The first time my friend and I did it I just sat there and mumbled how I wanted to kill them both while watching this butterfly float through the air...

Wow, I actually am completely satisfied with the length of salvia trips. They tend to be so chaotic and powerful for me, that I don't think I could handle, say, a half hour salvia experience. That's just too much, IMHO.

holy shit, i tried some salvia 5x extract the other night for the first time. ripped 2 bongs of it, holding the first in for about 30 seconds, then the second one for only a few seconds until i uncontrolably just let it out as i was instantly dragged into salvia world. it hit me like a ton of bricks and freaked the fuck out of me.

2 of my mates (who are brothers) were with me, one videotaping so i could see how i reacted to it afterward. the look on my face was so blank and looked like i was lost...which i was hahaha.

this was the most intense drug experience i have ever had! even though the first time it scared the fuck out of me (when i was coherent enough to realise i was sorta back to reality) i immensly enjoyed it. afterwards i was drenched in sweat stumbling around muttering "what the fuck!?!?!, where the fuck?!?!?! what the fuck just happened?!?!?! where am i?!?!?!" lol

i am going to be purchasing some for further use very soon even though it scares the shit out of me. it's just so indescribable to someone who hasnt experienced it.

peace out

Took some last night, all I got was a "lightning" in my head followed by a brief burst of laughter... meh:\

I think I'm going to put more salvia on my bong:), cause last night I put salvia extrect the size of the front of my little piggy finger... maybe putting more will make it more powerful experience(hopefully)

Last edited:
I tried it last night for the 1st time. I dont think I had a break through, in fact it was only a level 1 experience but it was a great prelude to its potential, I think.
I saw closed eye visuals something chronic, these little mario brothers sailors trying to drag me into this world, a flashing tunnel of some sort. Then suddenly there were these vague lines directing me to my room, where the salvia was. I knew that meant I needed more, and the 'sailors' gave me persmission, actually they encouraged me to get more, saying I havent had enough yet. So I said 'OK', and stumbled to my room. I felt like I was numb all over, I could hardly feel a thing.

Packed another salvia cone, then held it in for like 20 seconds. Laid down again and the tunnel, this time its more vivid, starts to form. Thats when my friend asked was I alright and that completely distracted me. I wanted to stay i n the tunnel but I felt compelled to respond. When I did I snapped out of it. But a voice was saying 'do it again, this time in your room and lock the door and close the lights'. so thats what I did, there was no other choice.

I took another hit, then laid in my bed. fucken colours and flashing things everywhere. I wasnt scared for some reason, though normally these sort of things would freak me out. I felt kinship, like whoever or whatever I meet is on my side, not there to hurt me. Then a passing presence swooped by momentarily, a scaly ladylike thing.. she was saying 'what is it now?' and then she was gone.

For the next hour or so I had a nice afterglow, and today I am in a hella good mood. I am eager to try it again. I have used about 0.3 g of 10X extract last night, which is quite a lot for a 1st timer, no? I hope to make a break through next time.

p.s I use a gravity bong (bucket) for this, I hope the salvia burned at high enough temperatures..

Sublingual Ingestion of Dry Salvia Divinorum Extract

Hey. :)

I've recently been interested in sublingual ingestion of Salvia. I have roughly a gram of dry 20x extract Salvia Divinorum.

Would it be possible for me to rewet the extract with water and hold the tincture in my mouth?

I feel if this was possible, sublingual ingestion could become a more popular use of Salvia Divinorum.

Thanks,
bickoma

I tried this a few weeks ago with the last little bit of some 17X i had but didnt seem to get anything from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.