• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Salvia Thread (Archived start - 1-20-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done it alone. Just make sure you're in a position and setting where you won't get hurt if you move around a little bit.

I hate having people around me when I'm tripping... but that's just me.

I do it alone, it's fine for me. But then I guess it depends on how well you know yourself and how comfortable you are with your own company. I likle to sit cross-legged when I inhale... it helps me resist the urge to start moving for comfort.... because the moving never does offer me comfort and just distracts me from what is going on in the mind. Seems that as long as I sit with my feet interlocked under me, I am safe no matter what.

Does anyone else get a feeling when they smoke salvia that bugs are biting you all over? I feel these little pinchy feelings all over my body as if bugs are biting me. It happens when I'm inside too. It's like the floor is melting onto me and stuff is coming out of it and pinching me. Anyone else experience this?

Never had pins and needles.I'm always to caught up in the world folding in to worry about a pinching sensation.

I'll dig this thread from its grave to say that, when I smoke salvia in a rotten mood I usually have a good laugh, because immediately after I come back from the hit my body is in an "angry posture" or something, for the stupidest reason, and that is just halarious.

Has anyone noticed with Salvia...

Has anyone noticed you get a folding sensation when you trip? Everytime I've done it, whether it being a rediculously strong trip, or just a moderate trip, I've had this feeling as I were being folded, usually accompanied by voices and such as well. The only one of my friends who tripped with me reported the same kind of feeling. I usually use a person flipping through the pages in a book, and me being part of every page, as an example.

I've never experienced this particular feeling, but really weird body sensations are common with salvia IME. My salvia body sensations tend to be weird, almost impossible to describe accurately and focused on my head. I have a friend who says his head felt like one of those 3d puzzles where each piece is another layer, with each of these layers spinning in a different direction and at a different speed. Salvia's quite a weird substance.

solistus said:
I've never experienced this particular feeling, but really weird body sensations are common with salvia IME. My salvia body sensations tend to be weird, almost impossible to describe accurately and focused on my head. I have a friend who says his head felt like one of those 3d puzzles where each piece is another layer, with each of these layers spinning in a different direction and at a different speed. Salvia's quite a weird substance.

The 3d puzzle explanation definitely is a good way of explaining it. I have yet to have a salvia experience that didn't scare the shit out of me, but yet I'm not afraid of it.

Last week I used up the rest of my 10x (maybe my last time using salvia ever)

I was in my friend's basement. He and I both packed our own bowls. I would say we each used about 1/10th of a gram. He had a steamroller, and I had a bong.

We both took our rips, and then put the bowls down and went to sit on the couch.

Next thing I remember is the whole basement turned into a classroom. There were 3 female teachers. One to the left and 2 in front of me. They seemed to be talking to me and my friend but I couln't make out what they were saying. All the sudden my friend got up off the couch and started to walk around the basement, but later I found out he was just stopping his punching bag from sqeaking because we must have bumped it.

But anyway I kept telling my friend to sit down because we were in the middle of class and he can't just get up like that. The teachers were telling him to sit down too.

Then all the sudden I started to hear loud, vivid voices from one of the teachers. It was like eternal deja vu. The teacher kept saying "Get up! Set the table! Get the chicken! Get up! Set the table! Get the chicken!" over and over. It seemed like that went on forever until my friend finally got up and went into the other room.

I got really paranoid that my friend had left to go tell everyone in the other room what we had been doing (there was no one else in the house). But eventually my trip ended......and thank god for that

I feel kind of happy that I got rid of all my salvia...lol. It's like the burden has been lifted. Because I felt like I was going to have to use it all someday; I couldn't waste it.

The other night my girlfriend was coming over and I wanted to get a quick rip of salvia in so I ran out to the heart of the forest found my bong and packed a bowl of 10x. There is some sort of insect that buzzes at night, clicking sort of like a cicadia and just about as loud.

Well I took that rip, on top of a little bit of half burnt 5-meo-dmt and weed that was in the bowl, Immediately got flushed with sweat, and the insects voices slowed down and spoke to me in perfect english "don't be blunt with her, she won't like that, and notice every tiny thing she does" Right away I was back on earth, struck with the sense that while there are millions of little elfs or whatever supporting all the trees the grass the dirt and myself, Salvia has nothing on its other side, just the void/spirit world of the unconscious.

Well that was some good advice because I had shit on my mind, and needless to say I had an excellent night. :)

You should never do salvia 60x, because of the extraction process and there being so much concentrated salvia in 60x, you cannot get a good ratio for the drug and your body. Because of salvias reverse tolerance you wont need anything over 15 to 20x. For your minds safety dont hit yourself with so much salvia.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find that the reverse tolerance only works till you know what salvia does, then it doses just like any other drug.

i chewed on some fresh leaves mazatec style last night and had a very pleasant experience.

Previously, I was a little wary of the Divinoriarater after rather disrespectfully jumping in at the deep end with smoked 15x extract... "ooh, legal weed, yeah gimme the high strength" blah blah blah.

So I bought a plant deciding that that would be a better way to start a relationship with this powerful lady. Since then I have meditated with her moderately often(though still a little too irregularly), but have always been a little too scared to dive into another breakthrough experience. Last night I finally got around to re-experiencing her, and yeah, as I said before, much nicer, and way less intense than smoking the extract. I chose an evening where I knew I would be free from distractions and chose about 6 or 7 fairly large leaves, and still rather scared, I only ate about half of the massive quid that they made, which was a fairly big mouthful, which I chewed slowly, and kept in my mouth for about half an hour (though really I had no idea).

It was more like ketamine, and less like nitrous on the dissociative scale (i.e. came in waves, rather than 1 big hit), and definitely more personal than those 2. I felt able to look at my normally ego dominated life with amused detachment, and was equally amused that my life could easily just be a story being told around a campfire. I felt very comfortable with her, and also with the concept of death and returning to my roots. The effects lasted for quite a while (proably an hour and a half, peaking at around 30 mins) and the feeling of salviatiated detachment was something I had to focus on (ie i could proably have got up and functioned semi normally in the normal world).

Overall I found the experience to be very beneficial. I plan on meditating sober a bit more, now that I know a little more about her and what she has shown me about the world, before I am ready for her again in a larger dose.

I posted this here becuase I hope to convince some people that there is some middle ground between the full blown crack style mentalist dissociation and not getting any effects at all. It was not something I was entirely convinced by, but I was proved wrong, and learnt some good things with a smiling face the whole time.

mark.

^ Good post... I don't hear about this traditional method of using Salvia very often anymore. This is THE way to experience her!

I know this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything with the search engine... Can you eat salvia extracts and get the same effect you would get from eating plain leaves "mazatec style"?

I have a bunch of 5x, 10x, 20x salvia extracts, but smoking it is just too fast and intense to really learn anything. It would be great if I could just eat a gram or so of 5x and have a nice gentle 1-2 hour trip. Have any of you tried doing this before?

Iv chewed the leaves after smoking it and I must say it is much nicer this way. I still dont like it though.

Delta9 said:
I know this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything with the search engine... Can you eat salvia extracts and get the same effect you would get from eating plain leaves "mazatec style"?

I have a bunch of 5x, 10x, 20x salvia extracts, but smoking it is just too fast and intense to really learn anything. It would be great if I could just eat a gram or so of 5x and have a nice gentle 1-2 hour trip. Have any of you tried doing this before?

Yes, you absolutely can. Just try keeping it under your tongue as much as possible, and chew every once in a while. It works like a charm!

i just tried this after reading your post.

took a little pinch of 15x and kept in my mouth for a good 30mins, doing as you said.
had a nice little drift off...slight body high, a little visual stimulation.
i'd need to have consumed more for a...fuller...experience, but it was very pleasant nodding away to vibrasphere ;)

Church said:
Yes, you absolutely can. Just try keeping it under your tongue as much as possible, and chew every once in a while. It works like a charm!

the problem is the saliva production that fills up my mouth within 10 mins...
Are you allowed to swallow?

Status
Not open for further replies.