• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT Thread - The Rebirth (Archived 3-19-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty_Diamonds said:
Damn you guys, got me all interesting in DMT now. Is it rare to get from dealers and stuff? I haven't heard any dealers selling it or anything. Is the extraction hard to do? Does it require a lot of time and materials?

Not many people sell DMT usually someone will extract some and turn their friends on to some.
I think the best material around with useable DMT is Mimosa hostilis roots. There is some pretty easy extraction methods designed for your average person just google “dmt extraction” the Marsofold tek is a good simple one. Some people try to add extra steps and improve the teks and they get complicated and need more materials if you stick to a simple one it is simple and easy to follow.
I have never done an extraction but luckily I have a friend that has some once in a while.

If you are still in Hawaii you should look in to growing some Mimosa hostilis everything grows in Hawaii. A lot of us in the U.S. and Europe would love to grow some but the climate is not good enough. I would imagine there are some hippies in Puna with the right strands of it.
I wouldn't recommend going to Puna but maybe someone has mail order.

Last edited:
With all my talk about the virtues of IMing DMT I managaged to convice myself to do it last night. I used 50mg ketamine (IM), 30mg DMT (IM), and 7mg 4-ho-DMT (IM).

For an hour I was in a state of awe and flawless dread. I stared through my eyelids as one might stare into the gapping maw of some unending subterranean labyrinth with a deadly storm thrashing at their back. The labyrinth swallowed warmth and light and I was shortsighted in its midst, but the resound of each thunderclap from its depths laid bear the extent and form of its darkness with a clarion tone whose timbre finds no analogy in vision. True sublimity.

Oh, and by a micron filter I mean a .22 micron filter or better, not cotton. Run a search and it'll pop up
Do you still need one of these if your DMT is synthetic and pure? It's from a vendor, not an extraction. Cotton would work as long as everything fully dissolves, right? I've never used anything but cotton for IV'ing anything (H, coke, 4-aco-dmt, 5-meo-dipt, dpt), and never had problems.

Well people use IV black tar heroin with just a cotton filter and only occassionally need limbs amputated. If I was placing a bet on your health I'd put it all on you coming out fine. If I was you though I'd use a micron filter.

psychedelicious said:
I did my extraction largely my bathroom, with an old hotsauce bottle and an empty milk jug (and of course the chemicals needed). It got me from raw plant material to sloppy crystals (they COULD be purified further, but I am blasting off just fine and without any harshness to the smoke without cleaning them up) in a couple hours. If anybody is interested, I will post the method I used or link to it if that's not kosher. Really simple, your grandma could do it. The worst part is finding the plant material you need, but the whole process is SO worth it.

Yeah, post it up bro, the more teks the better. :)

psilocybonaut said:
Do you still need one of these if your DMT is synthetic and pure? It's from a vendor, not an extraction.

Are you sure its synthed? Some vendors WOULD sell extracted DMT of course...

Yeah, a micron filter is a really good idea. There are things in your solution which are big enough to hurt you but small enough to get through a piece of cotton. Your body is pretty good at compensating for your stupidity =D (our brains have evolved to put the body first and mind later), but it can't hurt to use a good filter. Seriously. They are cheap and the trade off of safety for time/money is so much in your favor that there is no valid reason not to.

And now for the tek I used for the extraction:
this was originally dg420's tek. freespirit (both @ the nook) did some modifications and I used nearly the same method, however, I left out a basifying step - it is not needed and only makes the extraction more complicated and easier to mess up.

This is specifically meant for use with mimosa hostilis root - it probably won't work quite as well for other plant material!

The method shown here is for 100 g plant material. For one kilo of plant material, just move the decimal place one space to the right for all the amounts of water and chemicals.

-100 g root bark material is ground to fine powder and added to a glass or HDPE container

-dH20 is added until the bark is covered and saturated

-4 oz of lye is added to 10 oz of dH20 (aiming on over-doing the base instead of under-doing it)

-base sol'n is added slowly to the bark with stirring

-15 oz vm&p naptha into the bark/lye/dH20 sol'n

-mason jar is closed, rolled/shaken for a minute or so, vented, shaken more, vented, shaken and vented a 3rd time

-mason jar is closed and set in a warm water bath for 30 minutes and opened slightly to vent after heating

-mason jar is closed and the heat is turned up slightly (never beyond a low boil) and left to heat up for another 15 or so minutes, at which point, the emulsion with have separated out and two layers will be seen (if everything has been done correctly)

-a large hdpe syringe is used to separate the top naptha layer, this layer contains yr dmt. put this in a glass container.

-9 or 10 oz naptha is added to the bark and the emulsion/sep is done again - this is done 2x for a total of 3 pulls from the base sol'n

-any black bark gunk is separated from the naptha w/ a sep. funnel (will probably use a hdpe bottle or a ziplock)

-naptha is consolidated and poured into clean mason jar and left to cool @ room temp for a few minutes, moved to fridge for a bit and finally to freezer for overnight precip

-pour naptha and precipitated dmt xtals thru filter and tossed into freezer again for re-precip

-dry xtals and enjoy
a few notes
free spirit said:
as for syphoning, you could use the syringe i guess, but like delsyd mentions, you need to make sure that you dont let it come in contact w/ the rubber part or grease the rubber part.

ive seen people syphon w/ hoses, and i personally just use a big turkey baster. (im simple)

the lye solution is fine. when you add yer lye solution once the mhrb sludge turns from pink to purple, add just a bit more of the lye solution and then stop.

that should be enough water, but if you need to add more, add more. you'll know if the mhrb isnt all wet and uniform. if the sludge is too thick, add more water.

as for venting. i dunno if id go a whole minute w/o venting. be careful on this part or your gonna have a purple ceiling and walls and possibly a serious lye burn.

after your naptha has been rolled around in the solution there should NOT be an emulsion. you should see clear seperation of naptha and mhrb basic sludge. emulsions suck. but there typically arent any w/ this extraction.

u dont need acid.

hot water bath is a great way to heat naptha. vent the jar tho.

i use coffee filters.

for storage, put in a cool dark place. altho ive left it sitting in the coffee filters in a caserole dish on top of a dresser exposed to light, dust, etc.. for months and never noticed a loss of potency.

when yer filtering out the dmt from the naptha on the freeze precip part, it never hurts to let it 'dry' in the freezer (i put the jar it was in upside down in a caserole dish w/ a paper towel or coffee filter in there.) because if there is any naptha around as it warms up, the dmt will start to dissolve back into solution.

enjoy.

I had some difficulty precipitating the DMT out of solution in the freezer (though I was probably just impatient), and so I poured my naptha into a pyrex baking dish and left it to evaporate in a well-ventilated area (fan blowing over the pan out a window), sitting on a heating pad. It took maybe an hour to an hour.5 to evap completely. This will not yield as pure a product as freeze precipitating, but it's fine for smoking.

any questions, comments, additions?

oh yeah - extracted DMT can be more pure than synthed, easily. a SLOW recrystalization could yield nearly 100% pure xtals. If you can get the DMT to crystalize without trapping anything else inside its lattice, you'll be good to go. I'd imagine most vendors sell synthesized DMT only because it has guaranteed yields and nobody would believe that extracted DMT can be ultrapure, purer than a synthed product.

Last edited:
^^ Thanks for posting. What yield do you get per 100g of bark with this tek?

psood0nym said:
For an hour I was in a state of awe and flawless dread. I stared through my eyelids as one might stare into the gapping maw of some unending subterranean labyrinth with a deadly storm thrashing at their back. The labyrinth swallowed warmth and light and I was shortsighted in its midst, but the resound of each thunderclap from its depths laid bear the extent and form of its darkness with a clarion tone whose timbre finds no analogy in vision. True sublimity.

^^ <3

I never bothered to weigh my product, but I and others have tripped around 30 times on about 3/4 of my end product. I'm not sure exactly what dosage leads to a breakthrough, but almost all of the trips were nearly breakthroughs, with maybe 4 being definite breakthroughs. Somebody who is more familiar with the dosage response curve could probably help out with an approximate yield. This was also only from one naptha pull - I should have about 30-40% more product left in my mhrb sludge waiting to be extracted.

Being conservative and assuming the next naptha pulls I do are fruitless and I have already gotten all of the DMT out of the bark, there were about 40 medium doses in 100 g root.

psood0nym said:
With all my talk about the virtues of IMing DMT I managaged to convice myself to do it last night. I used 50mg ketamine (IM), 30mg DMT (IM), and 7mg 4-ho-DMT (IM).

Man, I'd like to get inside your head for a little bit ... you know, walk around, check out the piping, maybe grab a few souvenirs on my way out.

In three sentences, this little jot here describes the psychedelic state with more clarity than probably 99% of the trip reports out there.

Keep doing it, it tickles my brain to read this stuff.

<3

On a side note, how'd the DMT mix in? I'd think it would be too short acting to mesh well with the other two substances.

Last edited:
I was reading about the differences between oral DMT with a maoi and smoked/injected DMT and it stated.
"The difference is partly due to the route of administration of DMT, the amount of time involved, and almost certaintly due to the influence of increased serotonin in the brain after MAO inhibition.. The latter point is important because in this case DMT must compete with serotonin for receptor binding sites in order to have an effect. Essentially, in this regard, serotonin serves to keep the trip on track. The trade-off for DMT between intensity (i.e.' injected or smoked) and time (lengthended after MAO inhibition) allows for more cognitive functions to engage the experience in the later scenario. When smoked or injected, DMT seems to have all cognitive content of a fireworks display."

If Im not misstaken this was by Ralph Metzer and can be found in Ayahusca Hallucinogens, Consciousness, and the Spirit of Nature

Makes alot of sense, but I still prefer smoked/injected over oral. I dont need my dirty mind muddying up the DMT experience.

oh, and has anyone ever used chloroform for re-crystalisation?

have you had an oral DMT trip lately youkai? I reserve oral DMT for only the most needed times...it truly is the most profound trip.

samadhi_smiles said:
have you had an oral DMT trip lately youkai? I reserve oral DMT for only the most needed times...it truly is the most profound trip.
no, and honestly oral DMT is NOT something I am going to force myself into even if I may be able to benifit from it. I dont WANT that sort of medicine even if I may appear to need it.

Im one foot into oblivion already, no reason to push my self all the way if you know what Im saying. All I need is time and progression. :\

What would be recommended as a good oral dose?
I was thinking either 150 mg dmt with 150 mg syrian rue extract
or 100 mg dmt with the 150 harmala

^Probably go less DMT. 70-80mg perhaps.

hah ok, I guess its a very good thing I asked

I was thinking...depending on how I am feeling of course...of smoking a small amount as well and see how that combines with the oral dmt influence. Anybody try this?

Dondante said:
how'd the DMT mix in? I'd think it would be too short acting to mesh well with the other two substances.
For me, at these doses, IM DMT lasts around 45 minutes, IM ketamine 1hr, and IM 4-ho-DMT just over an hour, so the whole thing's pretty short. If the DMT doesn't last that long for you the only way around it might be insufflation or skin popping, neither of which sound all that pleasant. I injected the 4-ho first to give it a head start over the faster onset DMT and K (they plateau in 5-7 minutes whereas 4-ho takes ~11-12.) The other option might be to inject another syringe of all three at the 45 minute point but this time with a higher proportion of DMT. Another thing to consider is that psilocin seems to take on a more DMT-like character when it's mixed with DMT and maintains that character even after the DMT wears off. It's hard to say anything definitive from a single experience, but subjectively speaking the DMT seemed to give the trip a darker more somber feeling while supplying an ever present sense of inhabiting an immense space (like the feeling you might get after coming out of a long mountain tunnel and suddenly you're staring over a wide valley below, but perpetual.) By somber I mean that on any other drug a similar experience probably would've gotten me choked up, but the DMT seemed to bring a sense of self-control, maturity, and authority to the experience that allowed me to feel powerful things without the overflow--a feeling that I don't get from DMT alone.
What would be recommended as a good oral dose?
I was thinking either 150 mg dmt with 150 mg syrian rue extract
or 100 mg dmt with the 150 harmala
I think 100mgs is around as much as you'd find in 20g of strong mimosa hostilis, which is a high dose.

well here goes!

200 mg harmala alkaloids
80 mg dmt with a booster ready if appropriate
and 30 mg loaded in me machine if I feel ready to take it on

Status
Not open for further replies.