• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT Thread - The Rebirth (Archived 3-19-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FrostyMcFailure said:
i dont understand why someone would IM dmt over IV, could some one please explain their reasoning in depth?
I purchased synthetic DMT precisely because I wanted to use it IM. While there are some advantages to IVing over smoking, the experience is predominately the same. The big selling point for IM DMT is that it is similar in effect to ayahuasca but can be used with drugs that shouldn't be combined with MAO inhibitors. That means you can combine the more thoughtful and reflective (i.e. therapeutic) oral experience of the world's "most" powerful psychedelic with the profound dissociation and introspection of ketamine or the socially facilitating/self-acceptance/euphoric effects of MDMA and co., aMT, or a DOx. It's also much easier on the stomach to take with mescaline, which already makes most users vomit, than the vomit-inducing oral DMT (any nausea inducing drug really.) Frankly I'm amazed more people aren't using it intramuscularly for some of these really promising combos. I can personally attest to its unique powers in combination with ketamine or mescaline and hope to test it with aMT soon.

I'd agree about higher concentrations possibly causing bruising. I've never had a bruise from DMT but have gotten one from using a highly concentrated DPT solution IM.

psood0nym said:
I purchased synthetic DMT precisely because I wanted to use it IM. While there are some advantages to IVing over smoking, the experience is predominately the same. The big selling point for IM DMT is that it is similar in effect to ayahuasca but can be used with drugs that shouldn't be combined with MAO inhibitors. That means you can combine the more thoughtful and reflective (i.e. therapeutic) oral experience of the world's "most" powerful psychedelic with the profound dissociation and introspection of ketamine or the socially facilitating/self-acceptance/euphoric effects of MDMA and co., aMT, or a DOx. It's also much easier on the stomach to take with mescaline, which already makes most users vomit, than the vomit-inducing oral DMT (any nausea inducing drug really.) Frankly I'm amazed more people aren't using it intramuscularly for some of these really promising combos. I can personally attest to its unique powers in combination with ketamine or mescaline and hope to test it with aMT soon.

I'd agree about higher concentrations possibly causing bruising. I've never had a bruise from DMT but have gotten one from using a highly concentrated DPT solution IM.
you be sure to let me in on hgow that aMT goes. One of the only things I actualy seek, too bad the scene shund it away do to people not taking rectaly and experiencing bad reactions with vomiting.

Okay, okay.

But what about the whole loss-of-memory thing? Isn't that scary to lose time like that? I mean, some reports I read said that people ended up in jail with no memory of what they did to end up there.

Pretty_Diamonds said:
Okay, okay.

But what about the whole loss-of-memory thing? Isn't that scary to lose time like that? I mean, some reports I read said that people ended up in jail with no memory of what they did to end up there.
not with DMT.

similer in that they both produce intence immersive experiences that come on quick and are short in durration. other then that, nope not that much alike in subjective effects.

Pretty_Diamonds said:
Okay, okay.

Are you talking about Datura?

They are way different for me usually DMT makes me feel warm and loved Salvia just feels dark and spooky.
The physically effects of DMT are much more pleasant also.

Yeah, you can get it locally, at the grocery store. It's just distilled white vinegar. You can get it from a lab supply store online but, and maybe someone will disagree here, I think most white vinegar bought at a grocery store is probably about as reasonably sterile as it gets. Even at 5% acetic acid, vinegar is an effective antimicrobial agent and herbicide with some antiviral properties. Chemically it's just oxidized distilled alcohol diluted in distilled water, so we're talking about clean ingredients mixed together into a self-sanitizing product.

So squirt 0.5mL of it on the DMT freebase in a little clean vial, let it sit for a few minutes so it kills anything that might be in the freebase, then add some more sterile water to dilute until you have about 1mL worth of solution, heat up the vial on a hot plate or frying pan or whatever, swishing it around until the DMT is all dissolved (chop up any clumps of DMT before mixing), put it through your micron filter, and BAM! you're good to go. Sodium bicarbonate can be used to neutralize the acid if you've used a stronger concentration of acid, but it's probably unnecessary using the guidlines above and, at worst, might otherwise just sting a little when IMing [Edit](be careful adding baking soda to vinegar or you'll turn your vial into a DMT volcano.) If you do all these steps using pure synthed DMT it should be relatively safe. If you don't want to use something so uncouth as vinegar and can't get lab grade acetic or citric acid I've read that some needle exchange programs give heroin users citric acid packets to do the conversion. Also, 50mgs is a good dose for IM. I'd used 15-20mgs if you're considering IV. I've posted IM reports somewhere in this thread and Dondante has posted about using it IV and IM, but I haven't read many others. Yours would be a welcome addition. Good luck.
OK, so just distilled white vinegar from a grocery store will work? The method I described in my post above should work, right? I will post results when I try it.

Isn't the IV dose nearly the same as the smoked dose? Like if you need 40mg smoked to break through, you'll need around the same dose IV? Please tell me if I'm wrong.

By micron filter, you mean like a little piece of cotton, right?

psilocybonaut said:
OK, so just distilled white vinegar from a grocery store will work? The method I described in my post above should work, right? I will post results when I try it.

Isn't the IV dose nearly the same as the smoked dose? Like if you need 40mg smoked to break through, you'll need around the same dose IV? Please tell me if I'm wrong.

By micron filter, you mean like a little piece of cotton, right?

I'm pretty sure you need less DMT
I've heard about peple breaking through on 20 mg IV

^adrian89987 is right. IV administration not only has 100% bioavailability, but no DMT gets burnt or left on the inside of the smoking device. You'll probably be able to fit 20mgs in 0.5ccs. I wish I could tell you how long you have from the time you start pushing down the plunger to when you won't be in any condition to be operating a syringe but I can't. I'd say use a quick but steady hand when you administer it and you'll be fine, or use a tourniquete at the top of your arm to prevent the DMT from hitting you until you untie it. I assume you have experience with IV? If not you might want to practice with some sterile saline first. In any case it'll be nice not having to go into a DMT trip with burning lungs and a mouth full of hot cellophane. I think you'll have a higher probability of "breaking through" because it'll all hit your brain significantly faster, too. Have fun.

Oh, and by a micron filter I mean a .22 micron filter or better, not cotton. Run a search and it'll pop up. Since clearly you don't have one you should know that getting the supplies for using it i.e. the filters themselves and some needleless syringes with the proper fitting screw tip, will delay your experiment by at least a week. A cotton filter is not ideal but it's better than nothing if you're determined to do this now. Since you'll be using acetic acid and heating the solution the filter is mostly for particles rather the microbes. If you're certain of the purity of your DMT you'll probably be ok. I personally prefer to err on the side of caution, but it's your choice.

squerll said:
Are you talking about Datura?

They are way different for me usually DMT makes me feel warm and loved Salvia just feels dark and spooky.
The physically effects of DMT are much more pleasant also.
Lmao, yes. I got the two drugs confused! >.<

Hmm, I see!! DMT sounds so interesting! Do you guys do the extractions yourself? Or get them from your dealers?

Some buy it from a dealer, some extract it. I just extracted it for the first time last week.

dmt is pretty much The Shit, lol

i heard a rumor that dmt doesnt form tolerance. is this true?? as in, you could take it every day?

Yes, you can use it every day with no noticeable tolerance.

I DO however know that there is tolerance for a very short period of time after using it (it could be anywhere from 20 min to 3 hrs, i'm not sure)

But yes, it can be done everyday.

psychedelicious said:
Some buy it from a dealer, some extract it. I just extracted it for the first time last week.

dmt is pretty much The Shit, lol
Damn you guys, got me all interesting in DMT now. Is it rare to get from dealers and stuff? I haven't heard any dealers selling it or anything. Is the extraction hard to do? Does it require a lot of time and materials?

^You'd be lucky to find DMT from a dealer really, its quite uncommon outside of certain circles. But yes, it is easy enough to extract DMT.

The extraction is easy as extractions go... you can read about methods in this thread.

I did my extraction largely my bathroom, with an old hotsauce bottle and an empty milk jug (and of course the chemicals needed). It got me from raw plant material to sloppy crystals (they COULD be purified further, but I am blasting off just fine and without any harshness to the smoke without cleaning them up) in a couple hours. If anybody is interested, I will post the method I used or link to it if that's not kosher. Really simple, your grandma could do it. The worst part is finding the plant material you need, but the whole process is SO worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.