• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Basic LSD (acid) Questions Thread (First archived 10-31-07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Arrow said:
what does lsd do to my brain?
i know like e releases serotonin etc, but how does lsd work?

Well, no one knows exactly how psychedelics work. it's all theory at this point. We know that it bonds to serotonin receptors, and LSD in particular binds to many types of serotonin and even some dopamine receptors.

It's pretty much a mystery.

It is'nt. That was true right after the Piccard bust untill a couple years ago.
But in 2005 LSD flow has deffinately increased and right now good L is more available than it has been in the past 5 years.

But to answer you question simply just read this link:
http://www.slate.com/id/2114793/

thanks for the link, i heard about the bust and all

maybe i just haven't been looking in the right places

i appreciate it

eefanass said:
My pyschedelic experience is limited, (shrooms, dxm 2nd plateau ) im interested to know wether or not the idea of building up pyschedelic use until i reach acid.
LSD has always been somewhat stereotyped as a very intense drug (that lasts for hours) and with the type of power that is held in the drug, i would like to wait until i have a better consiousness in the realm of my trips. My 2 shroom trips both felt very dissorienting, the second one less then the first, so when i experience acid i wanna be ready for it and its capabilities, gaining as much knowledge and excellent experience as i can, instead of having a whacked out insane 8 hours of my life that i can hardly remember.

any opinions on wether or not its important to build up to acid, because personally from what i hear i feel like im not ready for it. is this just pish-posh, and should i man up? or maybe theres something inbetween, (2c-B sounds appetizing) little shroom experience and an acid trip. from what it sounds like, the ideas of a pysconaut look brilliant and amazing and i eventually want to understand ALL of the known (and unknown) pyschedelics.

-ethan

Acid was the first drug I ever tried. I had smoked weed but hadn't even been drunk or anything. I still found it amazing. I don't think you can ever be prepared for an acid trip because no matter what you think it's going to be like, it's a very different experience to anything you could imagine. Even each trip is totally different from the others, to me anyway.

That said, however, it takes a bit of practice to know how to channel certain energies into your trip. Like, the frist few trips i had were just really good but very confusing and they weren't very spiritual. By the time of my 4th acid trip I sort of knew how to make it a spiritual one, and address spiritual/deep questions. The first time i took acid i remember thinking "this is supposed to be really spiritual and enlightening but its just crazy and weird!" So maybe having experienced psychedelics before you will know more about how to controll the trip, (or how to let it control you ;) )

Rather than being suitably experienced with psychedelics, i think it's more important that you feel in a good positive space within yourself, or in a position where you're willing to learn and take what comes without letting things worry or upset you

that helps.
i plan to drop for my first time the day that my sophmore year ends. june 6th.
i think its time.

if you're a person who needs to be in control and is uncomfortable with acid, can you do acid enough times that eventually your ego will learn to let go and you will be a more easy going person in real life as well?

^If your not comfortable with acid, you shouldn't take it. I seriously doubt a person's ego would go through such a drastic change. Of course, I've only taken lsd once, so someone with more experience would be better suited to answer you question.

i don't know. never tried it either. when i did mushrooms i had a few times where i didn't like not being in control, although i managed to keep my cool. im just a bit worried about the 12 hour duration

I completely understand, I was afraid of acid's long duration at first as well. That fear, perhaps more than any other, was the reason I waited as long as I did to try acid. Well, I knew when I was gonna trip a week before, so I had time to center myself, meditate, and just collect my head beforehand. I can't think of anything else that is more important before an acid trip.
How many times have you done mushrooms or other psychedelics. I personally think it's good to have a few trips under you belt before trying lsd.

Whiskey vial take my mind.....

so i have a couple ends of vials in my freezer. I plan to use the liquor method to utilize their contents, whiskey specifically, and I need to know a few things about it.

1) Should I fill the empty vials full (sweettbreath vials) of whiskey, or just part way? how much?

2) How long does it need to sit in the vial before being distributed?

3) Once the whiskey is in the bottles, should I put them back in the freezer until showtime, or should I leave them out?

4) If I let the whiskey soak in there for a long time, should I till eat the plastic? I plan to eat the dispenser tips and bottle caps anyway, but should I still bother cutting up and eating the bottles?

5) any idea how many strong trips 2 empty vials would produce (i know its a vague and subjective question...2 - 3 hits of this stuff is NUTS though....

6) Should I combine the whiskey from the 2 bottles, or deal with them each seperately?

Thanks!

We can share the women, we can share the wine......:)

Merged the above post into this thread, rather than leaving it a new thread. Come on everyone, let's keep this place neat!

By merging my thread with this big and dandy "basic" lsd thread, you've effectively made my question ignored by the people who actually know their shit about lsd and would have the most information. I'd appreciate it if you'd make it it's own thread again. thank you

Icculus said:
By merging my thread with this big and dandy "basic" lsd thread, you've effectively made my question ignored by the people who actually know their shit about lsd and would have the most information. I'd appreciate it if you'd make it it's own thread again. thank you

I think most people would have ignored your question anyway, since you are the one most qualified to answer it. Most people who "know their shit about LSD" probably wouldn't be using whiskey anyway, when you can use some other solvent (water even) thats not full of other chemicals.

By naming your thread "Whiskey vial take my mind....." instead of something that describes your question/post/problem, you have effectively made your question ignored by the people who actually know their shit about LSD. It doesn't give people an idea of what the hell your question/post is about. That makes people ignore it more than having it in the appropriate thread. Though since this is a very basic question, and there is a drug basics forum, I bet you would have actually gotten responses had it been posted there.

None of us have taken the LSD you have, so we cannot possibly know how strong the residue might be.

We couldn't know that anyway, even if we had because we don't know anything about the conditions the vials were stored in or how much solvent evaporation has taken place.

Why are you eating hard plastic pieces? That sounds a bit unnecessary.

Combine the extracts or keep separate? It doesn't make any difference. If you want all your LSD in one place, combine them I guess. If not, don't.

Long story short, you are kind of rolling the dice when you eat the washout from a vial, and nobody can really answer your question to begin with.

Icculus, when I merged your thread, it was the last thing in there besides my post, which bumped it to the top of the page. It also put your post in a thread which had a title indicating that it was about LSD.

Acid First Time

Tomorrow night, I should be dropping acid for the first time after I get off work and my brother will be sitting me. They're 2 hits of apparently weak acid; my friend, an experienced psychonaut did 3 tonight and said he was only seeing tracers, however, even though I know that there's really no such thing as tolerance for this shit, I know that I'm more sucseptiple to the effects of it. And for the record, I've done shrooms several times. What I'm wondering is, I'd like to be able to get to sleep at least 8 hours after I take it; is this likely?

cid storage: sugar cubes, sweet tarts?

alright
so a friend of mine is going to buy 10 drops of liquid cid... he's just wondering whats the best way to store it, as he doesnt' have blotter paper.

should he just have the drops dropped onto sugar cubes and wrapped in tinfoil?

Well, you want to minimize the exposure to oxygen and heat, so storing it in a vial in the freezer might be a good idea.

well problem with that is my friend is only getting 10 drops.

he's just wondering if its a good idea to get each drop dropped onto a sugar cube ( 10 cubes in total ) and then storing that in aluminmum foil.

Status
Not open for further replies.