• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Basic LSD (acid) Questions Thread (First archived 10-31-07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just merged a new "what to do/first time acid" thread into here. This thread is a prime example of the type of thread that should be posted here, as they're the most common kind of new thread we get and they tend to all end up being answered the same, over and over.

why does some acid just make you laugh with no visuals, but is purely a body high, while other batches give great visuals but no giggles?

^
I've experienced what your saying. I've experienced the giggles in many different forms...

Laughing and no visuals is something however that I don't ever recall experiencing...I have had MANY trips with powerful overwhelming visuals and thoughts and never laughed once. Quite frankly the first 20 or so times I dropped acid I didn't know that it was supposed to make you laugh. I'd never seen others laugh on it either. It wasn't until a particularly potent and clean batch that I learned the miserable miracle of the "idiots laughter"...

Some of the best acid I've had in my life gave me the giggles so terribly bad I was crying and nearly pissed myself...it hurt to laugh but I couldn't stop. Then I laughed at the fact soon forgetting why I was even laughing in the first place.

Marijuana can effect this as well if you smoke anywhere near the beginning of the come-up. Not always though. Its a very unpredictable effect that I've not been able to figure yet.

I've had great acid make me laugh hysterically at times and other great stuff I've be calm and quiet and silently paranoid and completely freaking out but no know would know as I'd be so quiet and trying to mask my soul from the world. Not listening to anything or anyone. Working things out nearly right from the get go. I've had shitty acid make me laugh like crazy and others that didn't just as well.

I've had some where it took alot to get me to start laughing but when I got started it was hard to stop. But I COULD stop. Its a strange matter.

Again I think it is a matter of set and setting. What particular emotions you're going thru--the people your around if any--the place your in--the weather--everything plays a part.

Truly a beautiful and mysterious substance...a mind of her own

visualvalium said:
why does some acid just make you laugh with no visuals, but is purely a body high, while other batches give great visuals but no giggles?
different batches can always vary a bit, can be because of the purity/by-products and psychosomatic effects.

or one batch isn't lsd at all.

how long can acid last in room temperature with no direct light touching it?

LSD Related

Hello There, I have three questions boggling my mind as of this moment.

1.I've been told that blotters cut with scissors are bad does anyone know how true this statement is?

2.The first time I saw LSD was about 10 months ago and it was being removed from the freezer, does placing your cid in the freezer keep its potency?

3.How can you eyeball/taste good vs. bad cid? Word is cid tastes metallic?

Thanks

1. nonsense
2. yes
3. it isnt supposed to have a taste, but all the cid ive had tasted metalic

Well, there is a faint metallic taste (cid), then there is 'yeck, this is bitter as all fuck' (probably not cid)

What are the effects like while Mixing MDMA with LSD. Aside from the obvious, Happyness and whatnot, any detailed descritions?=D

connor said:
how long can acid last in room temperature with no direct light touching it?

I'd very much like to know the answer to this as well...

As long as it's not some muggy/humid/hot days, should last for ages. A friend of a friend of mine had LSD in his wallet for weeks, and when he ate it, it was still very potent.

SWIMs tabs tasted slightly bitter/metallic as soon as they touched his tongue, but once they were wet they taste went away. Storing acid in the freezer is good as long as it's in something air tight, otherwise condensation will destroy it. Make sure the air-tight thing goes back to room temp. before opening it.

I have preserved acid for several months at room temp in a plastic bag, with no noticeable degredation in potency. My only precaution would be to keep it out of humidity, and if you do that it will be fine.

Some people on these forums are just too paranoid when it comes to preserving their L... :|

My pyschedelic experience is limited, (shrooms, dxm 2nd plateau ) im interested to know wether or not the idea of building up pyschedelic use until i reach acid.
LSD has always been somewhat stereotyped as a very intense drug (that lasts for hours) and with the type of power that is held in the drug, i would like to wait until i have a better consiousness in the realm of my trips. My 2 shroom trips both felt very dissorienting, the second one less then the first, so when i experience acid i wanna be ready for it and its capabilities, gaining as much knowledge and excellent experience as i can, instead of having a whacked out insane 8 hours of my life that i can hardly remember.

any opinions on wether or not its important to build up to acid, because personally from what i hear i feel like im not ready for it. is this just pish-posh, and should i man up? or maybe theres something inbetween, (2c-B sounds appetizing) little shroom experience and an acid trip. from what it sounds like, the ideas of a pysconaut look brilliant and amazing and i eventually want to understand ALL of the known (and unknown) pyschedelics.

-ethan

Cid was my first trip and it was incredible 20 years later and I can still recall it with perfect detail. But I went into it wanting the experience and and had no worries about the power of lsd. My advice would be to wait until you feel you are ready, if you go into the experience with any apprehension or negative thoughts they will be amplified and you wont have a good time.

happy trippin :)
joe

eefanass said:
My pyschedelic experience is limited, (shrooms, dxm 2nd plateau ) im interested to know wether or not the idea of building up pyschedelic use until i reach acid.
LSD has always been somewhat stereotyped as a very intense drug (that lasts for hours) and with the type of power that is held in the drug, i would like to wait until i have a better consiousness in the realm of my trips. My 2 shroom trips both felt very dissorienting, the second one less then the first, so when i experience acid i wanna be ready for it and its capabilities, gaining as much knowledge and excellent experience as i can, instead of having a whacked out insane 8 hours of my life that i can hardly remember.

any opinions on wether or not its important to build up to acid, because personally from what i hear i feel like im not ready for it. is this just pish-posh, and should i man up? or maybe theres something inbetween, (2c-B sounds appetizing) little shroom experience and an acid trip. from what it sounds like, the ideas of a pysconaut look brilliant and amazing and i eventually want to understand ALL of the known (and unknown) pyschedelics.

-ethan
My experiences with mushrooms were always more intense and harder to deal with then my experiences with acid. Although part of that has to do with the fact that I've never taken more than 1.3 hits of acid, yet I've taken over 1/8th of mushrooms.

Either way, I don't think you need to 'build up' to acid by using other psychedelics. Acid at a low dose is not too dangerous...although it is hard to know what a low dose for you will be unless you know people who have eaten some of the hits from the batch you'll be using. If you want to 'build up' to acid, just build up by taking a incrementally larger doses of...acid.

My experiences with mushrooms were always more intense and harder to deal with then my experiences with acid. Although part of that has to do with the fact that I've never taken more than 1.3 hits of acid, yet I've taken over 1/8th of mushrooms.

It depends on the hits of acid you get. If you get good acid, it is the most potent by dose, 2 hits of good acid should be way more intense than 1/8th of shrooms.

However it depends on how they affect you, some people get more anxiety from mushrooms.

Yeah, for me, mushrooms have always been much more difficult than acid. Also, 2C-B is not an "in-between" for mushrooms and acid. it's far less mentally intense than either and IMO is primarily for recreation. Although some people have (and I have in combination with LSD), it's generally difficult to have a significant experience on it.

The thing about LSD is that it's quite mentally lucid until you get to high doses, and the body load is very light. Mushrooms can be extremely confusing, and the body load can start to feel toxic. However, personally my most significant experience has been on mushrooms.

mardybum said:
As long as it's not some muggy/humid/hot days, should last for ages. A friend of a friend of mine had LSD in his wallet for weeks, and when he ate it, it was still very potent.
can anyone back up any evidence or sources to how long lsd can stay potent?

Erowid LSD FAQ #2: ""The current thesis of the effect of indole hallucinogens on
5-hydroxytrypamine might be stated as follows: LSD acts to preferentially
inhibit serotonergic cell firing and seems to spare postsynaptic serotnergic
receptors. This preference is shared by other simillar hallucinogens but in
a limited fashion. Nonhallucinogenic analogs of LSD show no preference.
These results suggest that there are two different steric conformation of
serotonergic receptors, one of which has higher affinity for LSD than the
other. In general, 5-ht is an inhibitory transmitter; thus, when its
activity is decreased, the next neuron in the chain is freed from inhibition
and becomes more active. Since serotnergic systems appear to be intimately
involved int eh control of sensation, sleep, attention, and mood, it may be
possible to explain the actions of LSD and other hallucinogens by their
disinhibition of these critical systems."

This translates to me as such: LSD prevents neurons which regulate other neurons from working, so that the activity of your mind goes unchecked.

I have a separate question:

Is it wise to stagger LSD doses? If yes, to what degree? What if one was to take 2 hits and then take another 2 two hours later? Would a tolerance already be formed by this point, thus limiting the potency of the trip? Or would the trips stack on each other, so that the overlapping peaks would be as intense, but briefer, than if one had taken 4 hits at a time?

Status
Not open for further replies.