View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - 2nd incarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
after the rough comeup the amt high is probably the best feeling on the planet, even more natural than MDMA and other psychdelics i have tried, i soon found out it also needed treating with respect, like all things, tho amt is probably my fave, along with 2CT-7, MDA, psilocybin.

Heres me getting my hopes up because I thought our laws were similar to the UK.

Is DALT worth a bothering with and does it share any similarity's with AMT?

Last edited:
Incidentaly, i think (hope) that AMT is not covered by australias very comprehensive analogue laws. The all substitutions of the nitrogen are analogues of DMT, but AMT has a methyl group on the alpha carbon, technically not an analogue of any controlled tryptamine. Though there is that phrase "or is otherwise an analogue of a controlled substance" that could throw a spanner in the works.

It's an analogue of AET, which I believe is on the UN Convention on Psychotropic Drugs banned list, which means just about everywhere has legislation covering AET

I'm seeing a lot of comparisons between AMT and MDMA type experiences here.

I really don't see AMT as a drug like this at all. For me it was a lot like LSD... 30mg gave me similar visuals to 100ug of LSD and a similar mindset as well. Maybe a little more sociable and euphoric. And certainly a tenser comedown on the body and muscles.

Just a note of caution for those who think this drug doesn't have the potential to be a heavy psychedelic intoxicant.

I'm trying to figure out if my AMT is freebase or HCl salt. It is perfectly white, kinda waxy meaning some will stick to my metal knife and scale. It has a very faint smell of chemical fertilizer, not stinky at all. It does seem to dissolve in water, but it takes a bit of mixing. Maybe it isn't dissolved just broken apart in the water?

Also when vaporized, it leaves a black residue. I was under the impression that freebase AMT would not do this.

I began to think it was the hydrochloride salt because I do not experience any nausea but I have only taken it at 25 mg's.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Sounds like a salt. Look at it when you stir it into water... if it's the freebase you will definitely be able to see the crystals suspended in the water. Also, the freebase smells... really strongly.

I tried to vaporize fb aMT and it didn't leave black residue. So either you've got a salt or it's horribly impure (which I doubt, since it's perfectly white and aMT shouldn't be cut).

Yes, I doubt it is impure. I now believe it to be the HCl salt. Thank you very much Xorkoth and immad!

Ive had some AMT HCl waiting for a special occasion, every once in a while i pop in here and it gets me all excited to try it lol...i think i want to convert to freebase tho so I can vaporize.

bbx4 how was the experience vaporizing 25mg of the HCl?

The most AMT I have vaporized was only 10 mg. I have tried it orally at 25 mg.

With 10 mg vaporized, the smoke was very harsh and hard to inhale. The effects were very subtle as well, I was expecting more. This leads me to believe vaporizing the HCl salt is inefficient, but I could be wrong because I haven't tried the freebase. I would also like to convert some of my HCl to freebase for vaporizing as well.

It would surprise me if vaporizing the HCl was NOT inefficient... I'm pretty sure it would burn some away and waste it. According to Shambles however, vaporizing the freebase is most effective.

Oh ok, how was the 25 oral experience? Duration and effects-wise?

It lasted around 10 or 11 hours. I came up to a peak at about 2 hours, but was definetly feeling it about 45 minutes into it. I didn't experience any nausea or discomfort at all. I had some CEV's but not much. Everything was much brighter than it would be normally. I noticed some time dilation as well. I enjoyed dancing, it felt as it gave me some excess energy I should lose by doing something. I think hiking on a 25 mg dose would be wonderful.

I was probably at a ++ for the experience. I was bored if I did not have anyone to talk to and I felt very lonely when no one was present.

I can't wait to try this again, probably at a higher dose, in a social situation. Hopefully with a few other people tripping on AMT with me. Can't wait for summer!

According to Shambles however, vaporizing the freebase is most effective.

It most certainly is :)

Although I don't have a huge amount of experience with AMT (and most of what I do have comes from vaped doses) so I may not be the most objective source. 25mg vaporised felt pretty damn strong to me and had me going for a good 24 hours... but I also consumed LSD and MDMA during that 24 hour period so, again, not objective.

Never make a proper researcher me - too much of a messy ol' drugpig =D

Would give the AMT/LSD/MDMA combo my very highest recommendation though. Had a great - and long-lasting - positive emotional effect and describing the experience as "euphoric" just doesn't even come close :D<3

does this compound act as monoamine releaser/reuptake inhibitor or are its euphoric and antidepressant properties solely due to its MAOI activity?

It's MAOi activity is pretty low, like 10x amphetamine; It's mainly a monoamine releaser afaik.

Status
Not open for further replies.