View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - 2nd incarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
does this compound act as monoamine releaser/reuptake inhibitor or are its euphoric and antidepressant properties solely due to its MAOI activity?
Releaser and reuptake inhibitor. Apparently almost as strongly as MDMA. The paper linked to below should make appearances more often. Originally linked to by Dondante in this thread's former incarnation: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/local_links.php?action=jump&id=1255&catid=18

Abstract
We developed a reproducible, simple, and small-scale method for determining the re-uptake and release of monoamines (dopamine, serotonin (5-HT) and norepinephrine), using rat brain synaptosomes. These assays were then applied to study the effects of different kinds of nonmedically used psychoactive drugs on monoamine re-uptake and release. The phenethylamine
derivatives, 4-fluoroamphetamine, 2-methylamino-3,4-methylene- dioxy-propiophenone (methylone), 1-(1,3-benzodioxol-5-yl)-2-butanamine (BDB), and N-methyl-1-(1,3-benzodioxol-5-yl)-2-butanamine (MBDB), had strong inhibitory effects on the re-uptake of dopamine, 5-HT and norepinephrine. 4-Fluoroamphetamine, methylone and BDB also strongly increased the release of the three monoamines, but MBDB increased 5-HT and norepinephrine
release, but had little effect on dopamine release. However, 2,5-dimethoxy-4-
iodophenethylamine (2C-I), 2,5-dimethoxy-4-ethylphenethylamine (2C-E), 2,5-dimethoxy-4-chlorophenethylamine (2C-C), 2,4,5-trimethoxyamphetamine (TMA-2) and 2,4,6-trimethoxyamphetamine (TMA-6), which are methoxylated phenethylamine derivatives, slightly influenced the re-uptake and release of monoamines. α-Metyltryptamine (AMT), a tryptamine derivative, was one of the strongest re-uptake inhibitors and releasers of the three monoamines. The tryptamine derivative, 5-methoxy-α-methyltryptamine (5-MeO-AMT), also
strongly inhibited re-uptake and increased the release of the three monoamines. N,Ndipropyltryptamine (DPT), 5-methoxy-N,N-diisopropyltryptamine (5-MeO-DIPT), 5-methoxy-N,N-methylisopropyltryptamine (5-MeO-MIPT), and 5-methoxy-N,Ndimethyltryptamine (5-MeO-DMT) inhibited monoamine re-uptake, but had few effects on monoamine release. 1-(3-Chlorophenyl)piperazine (3CPP) and 1-(methoxyphenyl)piperazine (4MPP), which are piperazine derivatives, inhibited monoamine re-uptake and accelerated their release. The results suggest that some designer drugs strongly act on the central nerve
system to the same extent as restricted drugs.

^Yes, that's right! It chops, it self-cleans, it releases three major monoamines while deciphering messages about the apocalypse from the machine elves in your microwave, it's aMT!

LOL If only someone could combine aMT with a roomba and an electric can opener.

I've heard before that AMT does release monoamines almost as strongly as MDMA, but because it does so over a much longer period of time and not all at once, it's much less dangerous. I couldn't say for sure if that's true though. I think Gaian Planes posted about it in 2006 when I was doing way too much AMT.

^That would make sense of how smooth the euphoria is, and of the fact that there's not much of a crash (I'd read the report over if I had time to see if it makes mention of rates of release). Of course, I remember Dondante writing something like 40mg aMT (a typical dose for many) is approximately equal to 80mg MDMA, and 80mg MDMA doesn't cause a crash in many people anyways. I've used aMT up to 70mg without a crash though too, and I don't think I could get away with that entirely using 140mg MDMA. In fact, I've used 10mg IM aMT doses to buffer amphetamine crashes with a lot of success (aMT and MDMA is dangerous BTW).

But I actually came to post about a very functional combination. Low dose Adderall and low dose aMT. Moderate doses of each are stellar, but not exactly helpful in getting things done. This afternoon was really busy with end of the semester stuff, so I took 10mg of Adderall/5mg propylamphetamine to breeze through it. I started feeling some body tightness about 2.5 hrs in, and took 5mg aMT IM (~10-15 oral/anti-depressant dose) to see what would happen.

Incredibly, and despite the fact that it releases more noradrenaline on top of the Adderall, aMT completely alleviated the anxiety and body tightness, all while providing a further mood boost and leaving the cognitive focus in tact. I'm 170lbs, and suspect a dose much higher than I took would start making things liquidy.

does anybody else having experience vaporizing AMT? I have found that it is quite nice that way. Its still kinda long but the duration is much more manageable. the taste is not that bad if you 'sip' at it.

I have not yet, but i am planning on it as soon as i have the time to convert to freebase. Shambles swears by it as the best ROA i think, ive wanted to try for a long time. Ive only taken aMT once so far, about 25 mg plugged. It lasted a good 16 hours or so, how does the vaporization ROA compare for you?

^Using an aMT salt IM at a low dose lasts around 5hrs. Residuals continue after that but the euphoria is mostly gone and sleep is possible. IM at moderate doses lasts around 8hrs IME. I tried 3mg once IV and it felt like IM, but shorter and more potent (but no instant rush or anything). IV seems pretty pointless, esp. if, like me, you're not accustomed to having to hit veins. Plugging is the other option to reduce duration, but from the above it doesn't sound like the reduction is much.

In my estimation IM is about 2.5 times the potency of oral, eliminates the 1.5-3 hour onset (first alerts in 3-5 minutes), decreases the duration anywhere from 30 to 50 percent the duration of an oral trip, and increase the level of euphoria relative to psychedelia. I consider it the superior ROA unless you want a longer trip, especially for combining with shorter acting psychedelics.

A long time ago I watched a friend "vaporize" around 30mg (I think) of the freebase off of foil. He said he never felt a thing. A few hours later he did 60mg orally and thought it was great. If you try vaporizing it do it slowly and with as little heat as possible; I suspect a lot is destroyed that way, but maybe I'll try it next time to be sure.

^^ Shambles uses it by vaporization... he says the dose is significantly reduced and the effects are smoother and cleaner. Your friend may have burned it or missing inhaling most of the smoke. :)

Either that or Shambles is a mutant freak of nature. ;)

AMT causes more serotonin to be released than MDMA does - anecdotal but defo true - how this is calculated I can't recall tho.

Vapourising is an art form - I suspect that shambles has it off to a tee :D

It does cause more serotonin release, but as I understand it, at a much slower rate than MDMA does, making it less draining. Also, metabolites of MDMA cause dopamine to be reuptaken into serotonin neurons, damaging those neurons, which is why it's so bad for you. F&B could explain that to a greater extent as I got it from him. :)

fastandbulbous said:
19-04-2007, 14:29
^ I discoverd the joy of combining amphetamine with AMT nearly 15 years ago and have introduced friends to it since. Mixing both in a capsule (10-20mg of amphetamine and 15-20mg of AMT) produces what I can only describe as a 'state of grace'. Along with that is the fact that it is an aesthetic enhancer that surpasses even mescaline.

Probably one of the reasons I was never that impressed with MDMA in a club situation; ampohetamine & AMT together actually seemed superior IMO
Though I've combined aMT and amphetamine many times in the past I've never fully understood the import of this quote until now. Tonight I was looking to relax after a lot of work, so I combined 6.5g of poppy pods with a couple hits of high grade cannabis and about 6 shots of 80 proof alcohol--a combination that would normally have left me in quite a happy stupor--but I also took 5mg Adderall (insufflated) and 13mg aMT IM. I was able to hold an intelligent conversation without arousing suspicions and compose this post nearly verbatim while listening to Grizzly Bear's "Southern Point" and "Ready, Able," all with a big stupid grin on my face. I don't imagine I could juggle for shit right now but hell if the combo hasn't cut through the more abstract mental clouds like a bolt of lightning. ... a state of grace.

I haven't. Both aMT and 4-FA release serotonin according to what I've read. The combo might be dangerous/unpredictable depending on the dose. Start low, obviously, if you do it.

it is definitely active by vaporizing it. I have done it a couple times. It makes things very color saturated :)

and happy :)

I'll try IV someday I suppose then.

IV doesn't really provide any qualitative difference over IM. You'll feel something soon after injection but it's still a slow build. I only tried it once, but that was my experience of it anyways.

^It's hard to say; I only did 4mg IV. It felt about what I'd expect IM to feel like at that dose only, as expected, it came on faster without any kind of rush and faded quicker. There's a little more anxiety during the come up simply because it's faster than oral and there's more euphoria proportionate to psychedelia. I suppose it might be useful for shaving a few hours off IM's already contracted duration but personally I doubt I'll ever see the need.

ah, well I suspect it was so short because it was a low dose and not because it was IV.

IVing tryptamines tends to seem like it is going to be balls out at the onset but then it levels out almost equipotently to an IM dose (it just came on faster like you say).

That goes for DPT at least. 5-meo-DMT and 5-meo-MIPT are quite different (they truly are much more potent IV than any other route).

Status
Not open for further replies.