View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - 2nd incarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally tried aMT earlier in the week at 30mgs plugged. During the come up I experienced a closed eyed,semi-sleep/fantasy/dream state and with eyes opened I felt mildly confused,yet it was enjoyable. After that was over(45-55 minutes) I was left with feeling very in control of myself and was able to grill food and act some what normal in front of my kids when they came home. I wouldn`t want to drive or talk to a fellow adult because it was hard to maintain a conversation without trailing off. I felt that I under dosed. So I waited 7 hours and took a pellet of 6-apb. After that I felt much better. I had no afterglow of any kind. Next time I will increase my dose to 40 mgs and see if I feel better. At 30 mgs I had no kind of mood lift or euphoria or any of the described effects of aMT other than the absent mindedness. I hope to have better luck next time.

^ change-jug: Was that the freebase or HCL? Coincidentally, I vaporized 30mg of the freebase yesterday (my third trial with the drug). The effects were not too far from what you're describing. However, when I added some weed into the equation, the effects of the aMT shone through. It was the difference between a subtle ++ and a solid +++ (at times). My friend came over (who wasn't on anything) and we had a great time together just talking.

Great stuff, but it felt very under-dosed. I think I'm going to try eating it next time, as I don't know if I want to vaporize 50mg of this stuff (which is seeming necessary if I want the full effects).

I have the freebase. I too tried to smoke it and didn`t really get much of an effect. I used foil but would like to get a base pipe for next time.

Dosed aMT 8 times, all in all, at around 30mg-50mg HCl and, enjoyable as it was, I found it a little underwhelming.

I'm off to a festival this coming weekend and have 50mg freebase. Will the dose increase be something I can handle considering my previous experience? Can it be plugged (as it's not water soluble) to avoid the harsh come up and subsequent headache? Are there any other important differences between the salt and freebase that I should be aware of?

Thanks!

Last edited:
You'll most likely be fine with 50mg of the freebase if you've tried 50mg of the HCl and been underwhelmed. Hope you have a good time. :)

It sounds like there is some really weak aMT making rounds right now...

Yeah, hence being a little concerned my experience has been solely with a weaker-than-usual HCl at 30mg-50mg. The freebase I have now is from an entirely different source, and its distinctive smell is penetrating several bags quite pungently.

The difference in potency is a definite worry, but I don't want to under-dose either. Perhaps 40mg would be more sensible.

I had a break through with this and had a marvellous time on the freebase. The waves and tingles, music appreciation and visuals while intense were fun and very much 'under control' not forced or deliberate or pinning me to my seat. My sense of taste seemed to be through the roof, I experienced sound distortion (music slowing and speeding up) and some extreme (though not scary) visuals, colours splitting, depth perception messed up, and things moving in waves. Not only was it a very manageable experience but it was an extremely long lasting one, seemingly all day (20 hours+) and just when I thought the experience was over I'd get a body shiver and the room would start breathing again.

Even though it was a very intense experience throughout it was comfortable and I was able to function normally (I felt I could anyway) and even converse with straights, even though their faces were morphing all over the place.

I have had the HCL which in comparison was weak at the same dose (60mg see previous posts) but the freebase I have is very far from weak let me assure you.

I have had zero ill after effects except from tiredness, once I caught up with my sleep I was perfectly fine.

Wowee tiger, what a fun and mind opening ride.

I had a break through with this and had a marvellous time on the freebase. The waves and tingles, music appreciation and visuals while intense were fun and very much 'under control' not forced or deliberate or pinning me to my seat. My sense of taste seemed to be through the roof, I experienced sound distortion (music slowing and speeding up) and some extreme (though not scary) visuals, colours splitting, depth perception messed up, and things moving in waves. Not only was it a very manageable experience but it was an extremely long lasting one, seemingly all day (20 hours+) and just when I thought the experience was over I'd get a body shiver and the room would start breathing again.

Even though it was a very intense experience throughout it was comfortable and I was able to function normally (I felt I could anyway) and even converse with straights, even though their faces were morphing all over the place.

I have had the HCL which in comparison was weak at the same dose (60mg see previous posts) but the freebase I have is very far from weak let me assure you.

I have had zero ill after effects except from tiredness, once I caught up with my sleep I was perfectly fine.

Bit confused. You're saying this was 60mg freebase?

Would you have been 'safe' at a music festival?

Interesting. I'm keen to try the freebase after several times of using the HCL from a certain UK vendor. However, hopefully their new stock which they are getting this week is from a new batch so hopefully it will be better.

The freebase is more expensive than the HCL but would be well worth it if it's stronger and longer lasting.

Interesting. I'm keen to try the freebase after several times of using the HCL from a certain UK vendor. However, hopefully their new stock which they are getting this week is from a new batch so hopefully it will be better.

The freebase is more expensive than the HCL but would be well worth it if it's stronger and longer lasting.

I think we've all been on the same 'weak' HCl here (UK).

Bit confused. You're saying this was 60mg freebase?

Would you have been 'safe' at a music festival?

Yes it was a 60mg freebase amt dose and I believe on that dose I would be perfectly fine and dandy at a music festival, in fact I think it would be awesome being sucked into the and practically seeing the music while staying in control. ymmv obviously so stay safe =D

I'd just like to add that if you (or anyone for that matter) has not taken amt before it would be a good idea to familiarise yourself with the effects in a safe, familiar environment before taking at a music festival. Just so you know what to expect as there is nothing scarier than the unknown.

Hope you have a great time ;)

btw I'm UK too and too had a (good) but underwhelming experience on the hcl @ 60mg so can only agree with the above stating there's a weak batch going round

Last edited:
Yes it was a 60mg freebase amt dose and I believe on that dose I would be perfectly fine and dandy at a music festival, in fact I think it would be awesome being sucked into the and practically seeing the music while staying in control. ymmv obviously so stay safe =D

Exactly what I hoped to hear! Cheers.

I'd just like to add that if you (or anyone for that matter) has not taken amt before it would be a good idea to familiarise yourself with the effects in a safe, familiar environment before taking at a music festival. Just so you know what to expect as there is nothing scarier than the unknown.

Hope you have a great time ;)

btw I'm UK too and too had a (good) but underwhelming experience on the hcl @ 60mg so can only agree with the above stating there's a weak batch going round

could you tell me what you think would have been a decent dose of the weak HCL?

could you tell me what you think would have been a decent dose of the weak HCL?

I did it myself, and I'd say 50mg. However, if it's your first time, I'd stick to the usual guidelines whether it's weak or not.

ok, thanks very much. very good advice. i did a 5g allergy tester last week and plan on doing a small initial dose and then re-assessing after 2 1/2 hours.

I did it myself, and I'd say 50mg. However, if it's your first time, I'd stick to the usual guidelines whether it's weak or not.

Agreed, I started at a 20mg plugged dose of the HCL and even though I felt good for the whole day, I didn't get anywhere until I tried 60mg oral.

Discussing it in this thread some users claim this is a high intense dose and it may be the case that the UK currently has some poor HCL going round, a 60mg freebase dose blew me out of the proverbial water, but in a very manageable, un-frightening way, Magikalkatt777 summed it up well by saying: 'the amt headspace doesn't really allow for a bad trip' once you've tried it you'll understand what we both mean by the above.

But even with that in mind it is always safer to err on the side of caution and as scab says above build up doses slowly because you never know and wait, it really takes a long time to kick in, and remember (this is true for me anyway) visuals took even longer than the initial and peak effects to manifest.

I may never get to the high end of doses as im not primarily after visuals. i'm more interested in the rushes and feeling good qualities. (i've tried LSD in the past but it's never really had much effect on the visual side for me)

For "the unknown" read "liquid shit of the kind usually only seen the morning after drinking eight pints of weissbier and eating a bad takeaway".

Just so you know...

Status
Not open for further replies.