• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the best wide receiver corp. in all of football?

they are not wide receivers but they are certainly receivers.

alasdair

f2096c68bee8107a8d07e3c111860916.jpg

there are no rules here

Hines.jpg

I hope you get to see what team has the best cadre of WRs come next weekend, when the Steelers go to Foxborough (aka the middle of nowhere, Shitsville, MA) and tear up that loose Patriots secondary. Hines Ward will be smiling in full effect!!

Is that a mugshot of Ward? I wouldn't be surprised, he black and yellow is pretty close to black and white. :D

yeah dude, he got busted for DUI in this off-season near his home-town around DeKalb, Georgia :(

and before you mock, mind you Jim Harbaugh got busted for a DUI in Encintas, CA in '05!

I try not to follow non-football media of football.

Honestly, I respect the hell out of Hines Ward.

Im just giving you shit.

Ive driven over the limit more times than I can count. Im glad there are DUI laws to deter people from driving drunk, but I handle my liqueur very well and am totally comfortable driving with a drink or three in me. And if im too buzzed to drive I wait it out.

yeah I think Hines Ward is one of my most favorite Steelers ever, and that is saying something. I would be happy for Ward to win another SB this year, and it really seems like the last year of his career. this season he broke another milestone record and he could go down as the best Pittsburgh WR of all-time (and with the likes of Lynn Swan and Stallworth, that means a lot)

actually, I most jovially thought to myself after RB Rashard Mendenhall got injured recently, that Ward would serve as a good fourth string safety RB for Pitt in the playoffs. Hines Ward it seems can do it all, and he did play RB for his junior season as a Georgia Bulldawg

hines-ward-bw.jpg

There's no way the steelers will cut Ward. Its up to him if he wants to keep playing.

However you have to admit, Ward is not an offensive factor for the first time in a while.

yeah, he's getting old. it's sad to see. I mean, Ward just got replaced by Jerricho Cotchery from the NY Jets, it would be stupid to say otherwise

best case scenario Ward gets his 3rd SB Ring this year and retires to be long-time Pittsburgh Steelers WR Coach

I think a big reason as to why the Steelers have such performance at the WR position is due to Ward and his mentorship

Ha - great thread. I think you'd struggle to bet against the diversity and ability of the Saints and the Pack. However, whilst racking up huge numbers last night, I was alarmed how many times the Lions got the Saints to 4 and something. Against a team with a better D, Peyton won't always be so successful on 4th down.

Wish I could say my beloved Cowboys (sorry) had a decent WR corps. Talent wise, Bryant and Austin are up there. Brain wise, I'm not so sure.

Wow. That Giants WR corp looked good today. Shut down Cruz? Manningham will step up, along with Nicks. Top-5 WR corp, but I won't crown them the best just yet.

Wow. That Giants WR corp looked good today. Shut down Cruz? Manningham will step up, along with Nicks. Top-5 WR corp, but I won't crown them the best just yet.

i think it was more falcons defensive backs sucking. Their #1 CB and safety both out. and every other DB they have is a joke.

^ And I think that it was more that this was one of the only games that all 3 of the Giants receivers have been healthy all year. Manningham and Nicks have been injured all season. Eli was pressured more than he has been all season, keeping the receivers from having too many big plays. The Giants starting CB was out too, which probably hurt the Giants a lot considering all the defensive injuries they have had this season.

The falcons held the giants to less points than most other teams have, mostly from the pass rush. The giants secondary sucks, so this mostly came down to the falcons choking under pressure.

I would be more upset with the way the Giants were able to run all over your team if I were you. But then again, this is only the second game that the giants have had their full lines healthy and starting.

Last edited:
yep - the giants look pretty good.

their wr corp. had 231 yards and 3 touchdowns.
the saints wr had 322 yards and 2 touchdowns.
the lions had 311 yards and 3 touchdowns.
the best-wr-corp-in-football had 208 yards and 1 touchdown.

alasdair

Dont you think you've rubbed enough salt in the wounds of Steelers fans for a while alasdair?

yep - the giants look pretty good.

their wr corp. had 231 yards and 3 touchdowns.
the saints wr had 322 yards and 2 touchdowns.
the lions had 311 yards and 3 touchdowns.
the best-wr-corp-in-football had 208 yards and 1 touchdown.
The Broncos had 316 yards and 2 touchdowns. Who woulda thunk it? 8(

Technically the steelers WR corp had 2 touchdowns, one of them rushing.