• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2015/2016 NFL Thread v. yfw da jest win da superb owl

12038274_1191593714189850_3299786732717814452_n.jpg

I'm trying not to panic over the Eagles loss last night. We showed a lot of heart in the second half and had a chance to win after getting curb stomped in the first half. I'm dissapointed our pass defence hasn't improved since last year. Our 60 million dollar corner got emberassed by Julio Jones. The only bright spot was Sam Bradford not getting hurt and Darren Sproles balling out like usual. I still think we can win the division just because the other teams are weak. It starts this week with Dallas. No Dez Bryant means we should be able to stop them sometimes. This is a must win game far as I'm concerned. If we lose this week I think we are looking at a 6-8 win season and no playoffs. I really believe we are 1 offseason and a rebuilt secondary away from being a real contender. Our offense is good enough it's just whether the secondary can become average.

Yeah I was impressed with Rams over Seattle. Wish I could have watched the game but it was on during the Bills game. Seems like it was a scrappy game from the highlights.

rams all but gave away the game. they turned the ball over 3 times(one leading to a fumble for TD + gave up a punt return..but they got theirs and we got ours ;) ....every season our defensive scoring stats get skewed based upon excessive special teams and offensive turnovers resulting in either 6 or setting team up inside red zone) compared to seattle turning it over just once and time of possession was won by SEA
it's pretty awesome beating a perennial NFL powerhouse despite the low probability - regardless that they're a divisonal rival that they will always play tough.

and time for some NSFW because i got a little excited

Still elated after yesterday's Rams win. Easily the best win of Jeff Fisher's tenure, and possibly their best win in almost a decade. The young o-line, despite a few high-profile bad moments, looked okay, certainly way better than last year's o-line (Scott Wells and Davin Joseph, you are not missed). Foles didn't make every throw, but he ran a much better offense than Bradford ever did. And the defensive performance was downright inspiring despite giving up 31 points. Aaron Donald is going to have a hell of a year.

On the down side, why the hell is Isaiah Pead still on the roster? There have to be at least two dozen street free agents that could do better.
i love you

no longer are my services needed here - everything you say i echo
reading your posts are way better than anything i read on garbage fan forums. i fucking hate pessimistic fans with nothing to say

NSFW:

i didn;t really proof read this is pretty much stream of conscious thoughts of an obsessive ram fan in PA

i really think ciggnetti has potential to be a good OC, at least much better than shotty - our offensive is top 15, even though we probably wont finish in top 15 scoring due to our annual strength of schedule - but our offense's job is pretty much to not turn the ball over

was nice seeing us not load up on stupid flags - the worst penalty was a legit awful call - even moose was asking WTF was that? i believe it happened on what should have been a 3 and out

if foles can stay healthy all year we have a shot at winning the NFCW, hell even if he goes down we were a playoff caliber team with shaun hill/kellen clemmons

i can't believe robert quinn isnt even the best player on our DL(i love him for how much money he left on the table to stay on the team, kid is still only 25/26 years old....love he that he sticks with his sack dance). i honestly believe that quinn-brokers-donald-hayes(sorry long, you're the man and a leader but you're not quite the play maker you were when we sucked) might be the best DL in over 20 years....everytime donald gets a sack he literally appears out of nowhere. combination of strength, skill, size(for those who don't know he's undersized,but in a good way)and motor is unparalleled.

we really need an athletic beast at MLB....ogletree needs to stop over pursuing against the rush

- ayers is an upgrade over dunbar, not that we really need him with barron pretty much playing the safety/OLB hybrid
- trumaine johnson needs to stay healthy - god damn is he talented
-i'm proud of mccloud - he's always been considered the weak link on our secondary but the kid keeps getting better and better
- jury isn't out on jenkin's progress until week 3 when we play pittsburgh...i really hope he can stop being so inconsistent
-TJ mcdonald had a rough game on sunday but i'm confident he will be an anchor through his 2nd contract
- lamarcus joyner and roberson seem to both have made huge improvements - joyner is eventually going to be everything fisher thought cortland was
- it would be nice to have one veteran in our secondary in case these injures pile up - charles woodson should retire a ram, i'd be willing to send oakland a 3rd rounder
-- seriously what happens if laurenitis goes down for the year? i have no idea why we have not drafted/signed depth over past 3 years
- from what i hear brokers was camp MVP - it's his contract year. i hope he has a great season and if we have to let him go that's fine. we can afford to lose a man with fairley/ethan westbrooks/simms(hope he's okay - kid has shown progress every year...it's the beauty of having such a great DL - guys feed off each other with friendly competition, committed to excellence

i really hope greg williams is comitted to being a DC for the rest of his career, which is likely due to his antics with the saints, nobody will touch him with his felonious past(although if fisher were to retire after a SB victory i would have no problem with GW taking over

- let's hope this young OL progress as the year goes on. was very impressed with the job they did vs a top 5 front 7. the only critical sack was pretty much unpreventable - cary williams had a great jump on the blitz/sack/strip/recover/TD(i honestly thought we were DONE after that, it reminded me of last years game @ AZ)

saffold really needs to stay healthy - and you know every other week hes going to convince us his femur, hip and neck were snapped...our maybe that phase is over with him. they claim he had a sucessful surgury in the post season. him being a LG great reduces his risk for injury - the guy just wasn't born to be an NFL tackle. him and robinson should be opening shopping malls for gurley to run through. id say the combo of those two will eventually be =/> than pace/timmerman. Grob won't be no pace but i think a healthy saffold gets edge over timmerman.

jamon brown and Hav combined for maybe one penalty. so proud of snead/fish to have the balls to have these kids start week 1 of their rookie years. something tells me these two guys were the top two OL on their board

man if todd gurley can end up being just in the top 3 among rookie RBs we are in for something special for the next generation. let's hope he doesn't take over for bradford as constantly blown knee baller. let's hope he can pick up blitzes in the upper 50%. poor steven jackson. he deserves to be on this team. hopefully whatever team he's on waives him and we can pick him up on the cheap,yet i don't want him to really play i just really want him to be a part of this(not calling a super bowl, but i'm talking about just a winning season)

on a side note - the dome was a joke on sunday and honestly i don't see the place getting sold out and pumped for a single game until play offs, even if we are 6-1(est.) when san fran comes to town. props the the 30k that showed up they made some noise. i get so jealous when i see the kind of crowds teams like denver and buffalo have year in year out

our offensive is really good. sure non of our WR/TEs really have fantasy value, as a group they are very polished - these guys have all been working together for 3 years now. i think each week theres going to be a new hero whether it be quick, cook, britt, tavon, stedman, kendricks and givens (in order of likeliness)

i was so happy that lance made that tying TD. the guy has been a silent yet very effective all around TE since his rookie year. the guy is tough as shit and a hell of a blocker. they noted that foles was practically unanimously voted team captain. these guys love playing for him. that pass he threw to stedman on 3rd and 5 in OT was fucking perfect. putting the finesse on the pass to split sherman/thomas and right in the hands of a sliding bailey(this kid has the best hands and route running on the team, but not quite as blessed as quick/britt/tavon when it comes to overall talent. btw kenny britt will be turning 27 in a few days - everything we've seen from him is just the beginning. he's never played on a team with an effective passing game

bottom line when everyone is healthy we have too many B-/B+ pass catchers. if we can establish the run game early - our play action game is going to produce 5-7 TDs over 50 yards through out the season....oh yeah don't forget about chris givens, he's still young, don't forget what he did his rookie year/decline over past 2 years. he's easy to ignore but still has the jets to burn defenses when they least expect.....and again, last note, if this OL can be top 50% protecting the pass is the difference between being a play off contender or being a division champion an expect to see a lot more of tavon austin in the slot catching screen passes. we have big physical receivers on the outside with both britt and quick both being 6'3 220+ with the addition of an athletic GRob getting down field, and corey harkey/lance kendricks capable of trucking most LBs in the league. jared cook doesn't block and i'm okay with that

LET'S GO RAMS
LOSE TO THE REDSKINS AND I'M GOING TO PHOTOGRAPH MY SAD ASS FACE CRYING TEARS FOR ALL YOU NFL FANS
beat the redskins and go into week 3 2-0 vs steelers for the my most anticipated sporting event in the past 13 or so years - right up there with gophers @ wisconsin for big ten west championship last season
(ram's have 7 guys drafted in the top 14 over the past 8 years, oldest to youngest( chris long, robert quinn, alex barron, michael brokers, alec ogletree and aaron donald) jenkins/laurinitis/joyner were early 2nd rounders, and tj mcdonald and trumaine johnson were steals as 3rd rounders) and they have one of the best DCs of our generation. do you really think he had this kind of talent in washington, new orleans or tennesee?

rams rule - and i fucking mean it this year mother fuckers!

BUFFALO/RAMS SUPERBOWL 50 - wouldn't that be something? specially considering it's in the homo erotic/sanctuary village of Scamfran
no i'm not over reacting to week 1 - anybody who pays attention knew that both these teams came into the season with the talent/personnel

Last edited:
That would be a sick ass Superbowl. Maybe the two best dlines to face off in the bowl in NFL history.

lowest sb viewing audience of all time :)

alasdair

i don't care who watches it
i really don't want you to watch it

but i think it gets better ratings than the rams/titans super bowl...a fucking classic, RIP steve mcnair

personally i prefer to watch games alone(except for the two SF games because a legit friend of mine is a die hard niners fan and shares my radically insensitive sense of humor...did i mention he's the principal at my old HS?) because i don't have any fellow ram's fans and if i watch it at a bar i tend to over share what's going on in the ram's game despite understanding nobody gives a shit

btw that streaming site for those without direcTV was practically lag free for the entire game on sunday, i really hope things stay this way. i hate going to the redneck bars around here(specally for games @STL, gimme that roar of a 2/3 full stadium!) and i feel like a mooch when i go to certain 'friends' houses to watch the game, because without the game i'm really not friends with them and i'm not bringing any beer, food and i probably won't shower

NFL is so powerful that i watch it completely sober. it's a natural high. i'm not ra-ra guy, i'm just a clapper at concerts but i yell at the tv during big plays. mostly just a power whisper featuring the words (YEAH!, NO!, C'mon! Got 'em! and Get in there!)
post game, after a tough loss things can get rough, yet harmless to everyone besides my body

Yeah I'm not at a relatives watching the game or at the game itself I always use a particular site to stream the games for free. They carry pretty much every major league sports game in the world. If anyone ever has trouble watching a game PM me and I'll give you the link. I canceled my cable a longggg time ago.

Yeah I'm not at a relatives watching the game or at the game itself I always use a particular site to stream the games for free. They carry pretty much every major league sports game in the world. If anyone ever has trouble watching a game PM me and I'll give you the link. I canceled my cable a longggg time ago.

if its initials are not FRS PM me ASAP

i've heard you can stream the games thru direcTV online if you have a friend that is a member?
true/false?
sounds more reliable

i hate that my father is making me play in this golf tourny at my least favorite course week three when rams play vs the steelers. luckily i should be able to record the game without finding out the results. i would like to watch the game with my mama(she's a steeler fan - this is why she's my 2nd favorite parent)

than again the things she says during games are unbearable. has to find a reason to bitch about something every 2 minutes. i hate bad attitudes

I'm trying not to panic over the Eagles loss last night. We showed a lot of heart in the second half and had a chance to win after getting curb stomped in the first half. I'm dissapointed our pass defence hasn't improved since last year. Our 60 million dollar corner got emberassed by Julio Jones. The only bright spot was Sam Bradford not getting hurt and Darren Sproles balling out like usual. I still think we can win the division just because the other teams are weak. It starts this week with Dallas. No Dez Bryant means we should be able to stop them sometimes. This is a must win game far as I'm concerned. If we lose this week I think we are looking at a 6-8 win season and no playoffs. I really believe we are 1 offseason and a rebuilt secondary away from being a real contender. Our offense is good enough it's just whether the secondary can become average.
I'll agree with the must win. I think we're more than a rebuilt secondary away. They still can't make any holes for the RBs and Bradford and the receivers are still overall unproven, imo. A good team doesn't suck that hard in the first half against Atlanta, who is what, mediocre at best. (I'll admit I'm a Chip Kelly hater, though.)

i love how bad everyone said sam bradford sucked when he was a ram

he didn't suck
his coaches, Oline. WRs and bones didn't belong in the NFL

the kid has an accurate cannon - probably a top 3 talent on passes thrown over 30 yards in the air

I'm concerned about his durability. And I thought Nick Foles was fine as our QB.

The Eagles offense looked terrible in the first half and their offense looked unstoppable in the second half. Indicates good coaching adjustments at half time.

I miss Kiko Alonso. :(

I'm concerned about his durability. And I thought Nick Foles was fine as our QB.

i wouldn't say he's delicate

he's just a victim of bad luck
first ACL tear was vs carolina in 2013 and he was tackled out of bounds
last year in preseason some fat ass lazily rolled on his leg after the play was over

i thought it was a great trade for both sides - part of me really misses sam, he finally had the opportunity to be a winner with the team that he committed his career to

philly was crazy to give us a draft pick in that package. we used it to draft a starting offensive guard

bradford can hit open pass catchers - unfortunately he never had any in st.louis

Peyton Manning and the Broncos' status as one of the top 5 teams in the AFC is done. It's a standard changing of the guard.

Keep in mind he's only a year older than Brady. I expect the top few teams of the last few years to roll over and give way to emerging teams like the Bills and Chiefs. Seahawks are still alright because they're a young team. Patriots/Broncos/Colts are done.

Denver might have a top 5 defense though which is probably the only reason they'll still win their division again this year

Yeah peyton isnt look good to me
Hes not gonna make it through the season with that O line doesnt look like

Denver might be able to eek out another decent season behind Peyton, make the playoffs, etc. That defense is REALLY good.

But going forward that franchise is shot. Just a year or two ago you couldn't play Denver without getting literally 30-40 points hung on you. Those days are definitely over.

GM, rate the Bills secondary for me so I dont have to look. Im sure you know it better than any reference I could find.

In the whole league? Hard to say after 1 game. Literally top 5 if we're just going by week 1. Over the course of the season though, who knows. They were like 4th in the league in INTS last year and passing yards given up. I actually think they'll do better this season but they have a rookie CB starting across their #1 so who knows.

Thanks. I know your D line is fierce but would you consider the secodary a liability at times or just that the line is so good, the secondary is overlooked and can hide a bit of weaknes. But looking at them on their own (compared to others of course) they still would rank, say top 10? Tell me your opinion, as like you said, there arent stats yet.