• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2015/2016 NFL Thread v. yfw da jest win da superb owl

Definitely top 10. Like I said they were ranked 4th defending against the pass last season. In week 1 last week the Bills defended more passes than any team in the league and they shut down Andrew Luck.

I feel pretty confident in predicting they'll pick off Brady twice on Sunday.

While I can appreciate the calculations you probably had to do to prove that point, I'm not talking about overall roster age or health. I'm talking about key skill players and their age. Yes Luck is young. How is the rest of the Colts' roster doing?

lol wow what an amazing 4th qtr

All kc had to do was kneel it and take it to overtime

Y'all keep under estimating Denver...I'll take that pick every week. Suckas.

While I can appreciate the calculations you probably had to do to prove that point, I'm not talking about overall roster age or health. I'm talking about key skill players and their age. Yes Luck is young. How is the rest of the Colts' roster doing?

They are going to ruin Luck. They bring in a couple old stars past their prime, have a shit defense and O-line. There is nobody dynamic for him. I dont know his contract status but if he has an opt out I bet he thinks about it.

Y'all keep under estimating Denver...I'll take that pick every week. Suckas.

People doubted Peyton Manning lol.

I put a parlay on Denver and the over, did pretty well tonight, enough to make up for my shit Monday at least lol.

Well he had a few key drives, threw three TDs and had 250 yards. Maybe he's over the hill but this is the fourth time in a row that denver has beat KC. Everyone gets all wet about KC because they went 8-0 or 9-0 last year. Big deal, what did they do last year? Fucking nothing.

Glad to see you made some of that loot back SKL.

nfl.com's updated top 10 front 7s

top 3 feature favorite teams of beloved BL'ers

St. Louis Rams headline top 10 defensive fronts
•By Chris Wesseling
•Around the NFL Writer
•Published: Sept. 15, 2015 at 09:39 p.m.
•Updated: Sept. 16, 2015 at 06:53 p.m.

Every week in this space, Chris Wesseling will roll out the power rankings for one specific NFL position, attribute or award.

Last week, we covered the top 10 Offensive Rookie of the Year candidates.

After watching Aaron Donald, J.J. Watt and the Broncos' edge rushers terrorize opposing offensive linemen in the season opener, we are turning our attention to the league's best defensive front sevens.

On to the rankings:

1. St. Louis Rams: Robert Quinn, Aaron Donald, Michael Brockers, Chris Long, Alec Ogletree, James Laurinaitis, Akeem Ayers

What sets the Rams apart is Donald's transcendence and the overall depth up front. Winning with quickness, leverage and power, Donald is a carbon copy of the 2012 version of Geno Atkins that vied with J.J. Watt for Defensive Player of the Year honors. Beyond this dynamic front four, coordinator Gregg Williams can turn to Nick Fairley, William Hayes and Eugene Sims with little dropoff in effectiveness. Ogletree's emergence as a playmaker has bolstered St. Louis' linebacker corps as well. This group flies to the ball.

2. Buffalo Bills: Mario Williams, Marcell Dareus, Kyle Williams, Jerry Hughes, Nigel Bradham, Preston Brown, Manny Lawson

Mike Pettine, Jim Schwartz, Rex Ryan. It doesn't matter who's calling the shots in Buffalo. This defensive line swarms opposing quarterbacks and ball carriers, shutting down the likes of Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck. Mario Williams and Hughes have combined for 47.5 sacks over the past two years, while Kyle Williams and Dareus have earned trips to the Pro Bowl in each of those seasons. Don't sleep on young linebackers Nigel Bradham and Preston Brown, who were all over the field in the Bills' convincing win over the Colts.

3. Denver Broncos: Derek Wolfe, Sylvester Williams, Malik Jackson, Von Miller, Brandon Marshall, Danny Trevathan, DeMarcus Ware

Vance Walker filled in with Wolfe, who is suspended for the first month of the season, but that certainly didn't hurt Denver's ferocious pass rush versus Baltimore. New coordinator Wade Phillips, one of the best in the business, turned Miller and Ware loose last week, much to the consternation of the Ravens' offensive tackles. Ware looked like he was 25 years old, repeatedly whipping James Hurst en route to the quarterback. Justin Forsett is going to have nightmares about his treatment at the hands of Marshall and Trevathan, who rocked his world. Secondary included, this was the most impressive defense we witnessed in Week 1.

Bills will be ranked #1 next week =D

they will stay in top 5 throughout the year, same goes with STL

but I think rams have major advantage when it comes to defending their sheriff's badge based on the matchups, at least according to whoever the fuck this nfl.com blogger guy thinks he is

rams vs weak ass redskins offensive/shaky OL compared to buffalo vs an always steady NE OL

I doubt the skins win 6 games this year. At least they benched RGIII I guess.

Colts are going to be AFC contenders for the next five years, I think that was a bit of an over reaction. really all you need is an above-average QB in this league - good enough GMs will draft the rest of the talent and good enough coaches will make said talent serviceable

man the Redskins suck, and can't seem to get it together since having that awesome year w/ Priest Holmes

can't say I really care. their owner is a douche. if I'm going NFC North I'm taking the Giants easily

big JPP fan here. hope he gets better. that was one of my fave D lines to watch ever

on a side note - the dome was a joke on sunday and honestly i don't see the place getting sold out and pumped for a single game until play offs, even if we are 6-1(est.) when san fran comes to town. props the the 30k that showed up they made some noise. i get so jealous when i see the kind of crowds teams like denver and buffalo have year in year out

Denver and Buffalo haven't had a shitbag owner like Stan Kroenke. Rams have had a lot of problems with corporate support ever since he bought majority control, mainly because he's personally alienated most of the St. Louis business community. And it has nothing to do with the relocation threat - I know people who work for big companies like US Cellular, and they dropped their advertising with the team once he became majority owner because of their hatred of the man. He's described as childishly bitter, and a borderline sociopath. Half the reason he wants to go to LA is because it's simply easier for him to go to a new market where he hasn't burned his bridges yet.

I remain cautiously optimistic that the Rams stay in St. Louis. Our stadium plan is the real deal, and Dave Peacock (leader of the project) has good connections with the NFL owners. The financing/land acquisition is 90% locked in - all that's left is for the city alderman to sign off on their share of the funding and it's ready to break ground, and all indications are that they will. And PSL support is greater than initially predicted, so they won't have a problem with attendance. This is just me spitballing, but I predict that the it'll be Chargers & Raiders in LA, with Kroenke selling the Rams to a local group and buying some or all of the Raiders, who will need a new owner eventually. Mark Davis doesn't want to sell, but the estate taxes that come with inheriting an NFL team are astronomical - it's the same reason Georgia Frontiere's kids couldn't hold on to the Rams. They treaded water for a few years just paying the interest, but they had to sell the team by the time the principal came due. Once Mark Davis' mother dies, he'll inherit another chunk of the team and will be in the same situation.