• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2015/2016 NFL Thread v. yfw da jest win da superb owl

I understand what you mean, but I think you're vastly underestimating the impact of the cheating stuff with the Patriots. Maybe it's because of how ridiculously fast and wide information spreads in 2015 compared to back then. But there's no way in hell what's going on with this Patriots team is going to be brushed aside like your other two examples. Case in point: I didn't even know the Steelers had a steroid scandal like that. And I probably know more about the NFL than the majority of football fans.

Also, just a minor correction: The Patriots insisted on using their own balls. Other teams did not use the same balls in the same condition. It was Brady and Manning that actually successfully lobbied back around 2008 to be able to use their own balls prepared by their team's staff. That's why each offense brought a bag of balls for a game. Up until deflategate, they would switch the balls out depending on which team was on offense.

I think deflate gate was nothing, simply due to the fact that other qb's admitted to similar things. Aaron Rodgers over inflating comes to mind. And IIRC, others went on record with similar things. Hell, even people that dislike the Patriots said it was no big deal.

I think looking back, Brady will get his due as one of the greatest QB's, and whatever "shame" there will be on this dynasty will fall on Belichick's shoulders. I also think Goodell will share some of that for mishandling shit so well. Brady and Belichick will make the Hall of Fame.

The most hated team here, by far, is Dallas. We could have a shitty season, go 2 and 14, and as long as those wins are against Dallas, there will be a bright spot to the season. #Eagles

Let's put it this way, closer to home for me: In the same way that the Bills team of '90-'94 are kind of dismissed even though they were one of them best teams in NFL history, all because they lost 4 straight Superbowls... That's how this Patriots' dynasty will be remembered. Nobody but Bills fans really bring up that team in the conversations of the "great" teams in the league's history and nobody but Patriots fans will bring up the current Patriots' team in those conversations long after Brady and Bellichick retire.

Sometimes it doesn't matter how good you were or how much you accomplished in the NFL. There can always be a bigger headline that saps away that respect you would/should have had. For the Bills it was the 4 straight losses. For the Patriots it will be the cheating scandals.

I disagree. The Brady Belicheck era is going to be a topic of discussion every time anyone debates NFL dynasties. Now I do think the cheating will be mentioned but it doesn't change the success they have had. Personally I think spygate is infinitely worse than this deflation crap.

I am so excited for today! I got 2 tvs set up and im going to be streaming the colts bills early game. I got direct TV coming next week to quote a price for them so I can NFL sunday ticket. I am sick of watching the falcons play every week.

Alright fellers, crack a cold one and let's get this Sunday rollin! %)

Denver is gonna whoop Baltimore today too!

bills beating up the colts. gm is going to be fucking unbearable for a week :)

alasdair

my parlay bet today:

chiefs (+1.5)
dolphins (-4.5)
titans (+3.5)
broncos (-4.5)

i'm not sure why chiefs were underdog in that game...

alasdair

Nice win by the pack
smiley_php_PACK.gif

Not using Marshawn Lynch costs the Seahawks the owl and me a considerable sum
Marshawn Lynch can't complete possibly costing the Seahawks this game
Seahawks were the final game needed for my parlay bet today (a TD would've been a push but still)
mfw

At least the Jets won

Last edited:
Media doesnt know what they're talking about. Idiots.

I'm not really concerned with who will be the starting RB week 1. I think it's going to be a wake-up call for all those that still think the Bills are a 7-9 team to forget about. The Colts' offensive line is terrible and so is their defense. I expect the Bills Dline to crush Andrew Luck for like 5 sacks, and since the Colts defense can't get any pressure(a pitiful 29 sacks last season) Tyrod Taylor should be able to relax in the pocket and make some serious plays. I'm not just expecting a win, I'm expecting an asswhooping. I think something like 34-10 might get peoples' attention.

I wasn't that far off! =D

Last edited:
I'm taking for tomorrow:

Eagles -2.5
Vikings -1.5

Fuck the Cowboys in the ass. Giants front seven couldnt get pressure on a pop warner team though. GM, should I just start wearning the Bills logo now? :)