TDS Photo thread.....round 2.

its just an overload of cliche 80's fake indoor plants.
hope they never make a comeback.
actually i hope the whole 80's doesn't make a comeback.

Too late :( You haven't been out clubbing much the last two years or so have you? :p

why the fcuuuuuuk cant i see the pictures eK posts...its pissing me off because its happening with some other peoples posts too... wtf!

yus i have, the fluro was awful!

Haha yeah I hated it, summer 07/08 was awful for it, I mostly avoid the electro scene but there was still fluro all over. Seems to have toned down a bit over the latter half of this year though.

I like to think of it as the fashion gods little prank on me for being so grateful that I missed the 80's the first time around.

i cant stand electro sluts and the fashion related to that scene.

hay, fix your 1nt3rw3bz skbtch

ill give you fix your 'geekstylewordingofinternet' eK, you asshole come fix it yourself

ahahhhaha no disrespect

chill_pill.jpg

Haha yeah I hated it, summer 07/08 was awful for it, I mostly avoid the electro scene but there was still fluro all over. Seems to have toned down a bit over the latter half of this year though.

I like to think of it as the fashion gods little prank on me for being so grateful that I missed the 80's the first time around.

Oh lord it was god awful, I wanted to kill everyone in the place. & I used to go to goddamn clubs my mates dragged me to..I am now banned from one according to my mate, I do not know why hahaha! Troublemaker I'm assuming. Not a big loss! But I can't figure out how he knows I am banned yet I was unaware (not that I go there anymore, thank fuck) Where abouts in the world are you Crankinit?
Sorry for the long ramble I'm a bit y'know

Oh lord it was god awful, I wanted to kill everyone in the place. & I used to go to goddamn clubs my mates dragged me to..I am now banned from one according to my mate, I do not know why hahaha! Troublemaker I'm assuming. Not a big loss! But I can't figure out how he knows I am banned yet I was unaware (not that I go there anymore, thank fuck) Where abouts in the world are you Crankinit?
Sorry for the long ramble I'm a bit y'know

Adelaide currently. Things are always a little behind the east coast here and we got a healthy dose of the fluro trend, so I can only imagine what it would have been like in melb :p

Haha, any idea what you did to get banned? Maybe you were wiped out and forgot about it?

Closest I've ever come is getting kicked out of the biggest mainstream club here on trance night a few months back. They try to keep their patrons moderately respectable looking (the guys anyway, you can get away with a lot more with cleavage) and apparently after 8 hours of drinking before we arrived and double dropping after we got there, I wasn't quite up to their standard :/ Oh well, they played awful music anyway, and as far as getting kicked out into a side alley goes they were pretty polite about it.

In Melbourne it was atrocious, every single 13-20 year old male & some unself-respecting females also joined in on the return of the worst of the 80's. It just about blew up my eyes from all the fluorescent lights offending my eyes, and possibly blinding people. But now, fluro is gone and replaced with an even worse fabric: THE FLANNY. No offence to anyone who wears them, but suddenly they're so fashionable? Girls are wearing flanny dresses out to bars/clubs, the complete bogans are now angered that they stole their signature national dress, as flannys are now $100 @ sportsgirl and not $10 @ dimmeys & forges. hence more has to come out of their fortnightly child support payments from the government.

Hmm, I can't recall why exactly I was banned.. I have a vague idea but I just wonder how my mate knew I was banned before me?! But he is banned too. HAHA! One day I should rock up & see if they kick me out, prob wouldn't even remember it was ages since I have been there. Possibly I was fried and did something (very possible actually). The bouncers all knew our name, it was a pisser. Prob drug related activity (pretty sure the owners knew - he fucking let em do it, his office & everything)
No loss! It's fair lame, but rocked it back in the day (even though it was still lame...) I've never been 'kicked out' of anywhere but apparently I am now banned from a club I have not even attempted to enter in over 2000 years.

How's Adelaide? Still got totally undrinkable water and your half-english accents?

In Melbourne it was atrocious, every single 13-20 year old male & some unself-respecting females also joined in on the return of the worst of the 80's. It just about blew up my eyes from all the fluorescent lights offending my eyes, and possibly blinding people. But now, fluro is gone and replaced with an even worse fabric: THE FLANNY. No offence to anyone who wears them, but suddenly they're so fashionable? Girls are wearing flanny dresses out to bars/clubs, the complete bogans are now angered that they stole their signature national dress, as flannys are now $100 @ sportsgirl and not $10 @ dimmeys & forges. hence more has to come out of their fortnightly child support payments from the government.

Ugh that sounds even worse. Fashion just keeps sinking down further and further, I'm glad I'm not going out at the moment :|

Hmm, I can't recall why exactly I was banned.. I have a vague idea but I just wonder how my mate knew I was banned before me?! But he is banned too. HAHA! One day I should rock up & see if they kick me out, prob wouldn't even remember it was ages since I have been there. Possibly I was fried and did something (very possible actually). The bouncers all knew our name, it was a pisser. Prob drug related activity (pretty sure the owners knew - he fucking let em do it, his office & everything)

Yeah they'd probably forget after a while aye, though some bouncers have an amazing memory for faces. Most clubs have a pretty shitty double standard with drugs, they'll kick out some kid dealing his 20 or 30 pills and confiscate his stash (which is soon redistributed, no doubt), but my mate used to be able to sit in the sound and lighting booth and suck his crackie all night long while he was working. Guess they need to maintain appearances though. Should try get back in and see what happens just for a laugh.

How's Adelaide? Still got totally undrinkable water and your half-english accents?

I don't know about half-english, I always get asked if I'm american and I've never left Aus :p The water isn't so bad, or I never had an issue with it, but the city in general is kind of dull. Just doesn't have any real appeal to it or anything that makes it stand out, and the people here all have such an inferiority complex about it that it kinda sucks being here. Like being at a party when none of the guests really wanna be there, it just puts a damper on the whole thing no matter how cool the house or how much booze is around (and it isn't and there isn't). I wanna go back to the east coast, maybe sydney or melb this time round, fuck brissie way too hot up there!

Melbourne kicks Sydneys sorry ass ;)
Nah Syd's alright but I'd go for Melb if you wanna head out @ night.
Brisbane bores me, I've never been a QLD fan, ever since I lead me & my female parent on a 5 hour detour going around & around Brisbane, because I could not read a map properly (I was 13, but I still can't now, ha ha)
I've never been to Adelaide to be honest. Been everywhere but there & NT, but who wants to go to NT, not moi. Melb even gets hot enough in summer, but we have strange unpredictable weather. One week it'll be 40+ then one day it'll be about 20 and raining.

Clubs always have a seperate set of rules for different people, we never got in trouble but others got owned for doing the same thing! Except now we are incidentally all banned, quite funny.
Ohhh the shit that went on in that place every week, fucking funny. & You could always tell who was on the pills 'cos they'd either all be on the floor or dancing like mad men.
Now pills are just crap down here, compressed cutter pretty much! :! Makes me aaaangry.

How old are you? You do shards? (I take by your name you may, unless its a hollow joke)

Melbourne kicks Sydneys sorry ass ;)
Nah Syd's alright but I'd go for Melb if you wanna head out @ night.
Brisbane bores me, I've never been a QLD fan, ever since I lead me & my female parent on a 5 hour detour going around & around Brisbane, because I could not read a map properly (I was 13, but I still can't now, ha ha)

Brissie is a nice city if you're into really hot humid climate. I'm more a cold and overcast guy so I hated it there, 10 years of spending summer alternating between the air conditioning and the pool was enough :p

lol @ getting lost around brissie, I hope you never tried sydney 100x worse there. Maybe it's just chicks and maps though :p

Yeah melb is a wicked city though. Got family there so I go there every few years, would love to live there at some point for a while, maybe when I go back to Uni I can try get a transfer over to a school in vic. Sydney is an option as well since I know a few people there and I lived there till I was 7 or so, so a lotta childhood memories.

I've never been to Adelaide to be honest. Been everywhere but there & NT, but who wants to go to NT, not moi. Melb even gets hot enough in summer, but we have strange unpredictable weather. One week it'll be 40+ then one day it'll be about 20 and raining.

Yer adelaides the same. Honestly you're not missing much, it's not a massive hole or anything, but it's just a smaller, shittier melbourne. Nothing to see here really that you wouldn't have over there. Melb weather is fucked up though, was there for a weekend in october and i think it went from freezing cold, to moderate, to stinking hot, over the course of the two and a bit days I was there.

Clubs always have a seperate set of rules for different people, we never got in trouble but others got owned for doing the same thing! Except now we are incidentally all banned, quite funny.
Ohhh the shit that went on in that place every week, fucking funny. & You could always tell who was on the pills 'cos they'd either all be on the floor or dancing like mad men.
Now pills are just crap down here, compressed cutter pretty much! :! Makes me aaaangry.

Yeah I think they decide their policies pretty much completely arbitrarily. I probably got away with a lot more than I should have cause i was a regular at most of the hard dance nights here and had friends who worked in the industry. That's how things go though I guess.

Funniest thing ever was watching the sketchy biker guys come in and try and sell. They'd let em in at the front, keep an eye on em till they try something dodgy, then security run in, knock em down, give them a bit of a beating, relieve them of their stash and kick em out into the alleyway. Funny shit.

How old are you? You do shards? (I take by your name you may, unless its a hollow joke)

The name is actually a reference to dancing, but yeah I used to. Stopped back in august, more or less. Had a little since then but every time I do it just reminds me why I don't want to do the stuff anymore, and stopped entirely in october. Not something I really want in my life anymore I guess.

Ugh! 80's. (Especially early 80's). Luckily I was young enough to block most of it out.

megrandmaandpapa.jpg

Me and my grandparents.

meanddad.jpg

My dad & I at the Florida State Fair. I think I made him take me on that ride about 10 times when we'd go to the fair. 8)

God, that was a bad decade for clothes! And hair. =D