• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

tackling the big issues....Ethical consumption - do you give a damn?

Pleon: and what specifically did you want me to argue about?

Uh, you didn't bother asking HOW i got my tan...did I say I lay around in the sun? My mother recently died of cancer and my best friend's father died of MELANOMA two years ago, so for the record maybe I do know something about the risks.

I have NO intention of stirring up shite...I thought people came to these boards to give their opinion, which i'm currently being crucified for. You guys would do fucking wonderfully in the top levels of business, all they ever do is stand 'round and pat eachother on the back...

Don't need any psych test honey, it's obvious to anybody reading your posts.

But carry on, it's actually very funny.

Specifically, I'd like you to address issues beyond simply stating your apathy for them, or attempting to discredit the person you are arguing with by resorting to ad hominems. :)

Carbine is one of the reasons why I wish murder was legal if the person you're killing was an asshole. :)

I'm glad she posted though because it's a good reminder that some people are absolute wankers and everyone else needs to do as much as they can to balance out the damage they do to our society.

hahaha it seems as though you think we are all "a bunch of hippie ravers who justify themselves by posting back and forth on a board what great people they are and how much they wanna help the world."- you don't know us, dont judge us. But are you not here for the exact same reason? to post replys back and forth on a fucking message board and to JUDGE US? but in this case you being the upper class ignorant selfish snob judging people you have no idea about(yes im making a judgement here, just as you have judged the lot of us- sounds nice huh)

You have no idea where people from this board come from, what their jobs are, how much they earn, whether they are a hippy, a conservative, a bum, a high profile business person, blah blah blah, so really, get off your high horse mate, you're no better than anyone else.

Then you proceed to tell us about your awesome job and friends and uni, do we care? How does that affect what you have said on this thread? Does that make your opinion higher standing over ours? Just as it makes you ABOVE the people you have already stated you don't give two rats about in 3rd world countries being exploited.

I really think you have some kind of social issues, i cant quite put my finger on what it is though. Trying to justify your existence like that...

whatever.

I found myself using certain glue products as they were confirmed to be made of crushed up ground up horses. It made me feel better that the glue was doing something good for the earth and I was stopping those polluting 'gluesticks on legs' from fucking up the environment further.

I find with things like shoes, clothes etc it's almost impossible to not buy stuff that has been sweatshopped. I remember reading NO LOGO and going omg i didn't realise it was so bad - no more nike or addidas etc for me.. but then all the book tells you is that they ALL are doing it. Nike is the only one that has been targeted for it. I've bought shirts that say 'Made in australia' in the tag on the collar but then when i went to wash them the tag inside the waist seam said china :\

I do what i can but i find that in many ways it is hard to avoid corporations and unethical companies as sometimes you just don't know. Corporations are also clever at setting up different brands to shield the mother company form them. *shrug*

Pleon I shall address what issues you want me to address if you state them specifically. I'm not going to waste my time backing up everything I've said though, unless you make an issue out of it. Go on...ball's in your court...

Up all Night: Don't worry babe, plenty of people hate my guts and probably wish i was dead. Unfortunately, in a country like Australia, there's nothing you can do about it. That's all I have to say to you.

Taliana If 'ignorant, upperclass and selfish' means that I live in a nice house, can afford what I want and can do as I please, then I don't mind being upperclass.

[edited more personal attacks, and this is your 5th CLAWS (recorded in WOB). I'd consider pulling your head in unless you're cruising for a ban]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never posted something like this before but fuck me you have pissed me off.

1stly, Taliana ain't on the dole you retard :p In fact I think she has 2 jobs atm. Why do you insist on coming here? This is the 2nd time in a week you've pissed people off. If you're so rich you should be able to afford some kind of other "upperclass", superior, more enjoyable form of entertainment and leave us plebs in peace. Fuck off!

Or has Daddy locked you in the house again?

Carbine...

"Part IV (The Index Fossil)"

We're widespread and well fed,
The earth's rotating fate is in our head, oh yeah.
We're dominant and prominent,
And our deity's omnipotent, oh yeah.
And immortality's in our mastermind,
And we destroy everything we can find.
And tomorrow when the human clock stops and the world stops turning,
We'll be an index fossil buried in our own debris.

- Bad Religion

An index fossil is a fossil of a species that was only around for a relatively short amount of time, ie. less than 3 million years, and is useful in identifying the age of rocks.

I hope whatever, if any, intelligent species that evolves after we have starved ourselves to death by leaching the world of resources, can learn from the mistakes that will be imprinted everywhere in our ruins.

Because unfortunately Carbine, your viewpoint seems to be the prominent one on this planet. So rape away, because it is not going to be you who chokes to dealth on the filth our society is churning out, it will be your great, great grandchildren. And who gives a fuck about them anyways?

Nickyj I don't have the ability to piss people off. If someone gets upset b/c of something I've said, that's their problem. Not my fault if people can't control their emotions.

I've obviously touched on a nerve if people are getting THAT annoyed...

And it's a free country, sweetness, I can come to whatever forum I like...

Carbine, you're entitled to your own opinions as well as everyone elses. Whilst I don't agree with your arguments, i will respect that they're yours. However, for you to say the things you said to Taliana is uncalled for. You have no idea who she is and what she does for a living. Your insults are low and completely irrelevant to this topic. If you really think that you're all that then do leave this board because you're 'up there' attitude is unwelcomed here, especially wen insults are involved...

Back on topic: Honestly, I'm embarrassed to say that I've never really thought about this to the extent of many on this board. My parents have always thought me to save energy so I do try to do that. In terms of clothings and sports attire, I heard about what Nike does and at the same time wonder if they didn't do all that, would there be jobs for these people, wouldn't their life be even more worst off? I don't know this topic well enough to participate fully in it but that's my $0.02 in the matter...

Hey Carbine how about you wear your ivory bracelet, some more of your best jewellry and go for a walk in Redfern.

Try explaining your right to be a mentally retarted, unsocially conscious, well-off prat to the people you encounter.

BACK ON TOPIC

Okay that's enough. This thread needs to get back on topic now; no more personal attacks and flaming, please.

Carbine you are perfectly entitled to your views, but you are not entitled (at least on bluelight) to viciously insult people while you're expressing them. If you do, you will continue to be CLAW'sed and will eventually be banned. I knew you from before you got this anger thing going and I have an idea where it's come from, all I can say is if you do like coming here and contributing, now's the time to tone it down.

you really shouldn't get sucked into trying to actually argue with this sort on the internet.
just sit back and be amused.

I'm not at all influenced by the notion of contributing to the suffering of others by purchasing some product or some service in the least. I realise that in doing something like that I'm reinforcing the idea that it's OK to do whatever a corporation must in order to get a fast buck but that thought alone doesn't stop me from buying products from brands that exploit people.
If something looks good to me, I'll buy it (provided it is decent quality also). I couldn't give a shit about whether or not a product was tested on animals for instance because I feel that animals are here for human beings to make use of, and if that means using them for testing purposes, so be it - won't impact me in the slightest.

Lostpunk I made the decision a LONG time ago not to have kids..don't like 'em, they repulse me.

YES I'm sure I'm doing the planet a favour by not breeding so don't bother making any smartarse comments along that line coz i've already beaten ya to it.

HOWEVER that also gives me the right to abuse the planet as I see fit, as I have NOTHING to worry about in the future. I'm probably going to live for what? Another 60-odd years? There's nothing that I could do in my lifetime that will impact on me in the next half-century or so. Thank god we live in a nation addicted to 'quick fixes' and ad-hoc solutions 'coz it's suiting me perfectly well right now...

^ however, while the country may be a democracy - Bluelight isn't.

The Body Shop (The REAL truths)

explains about how The Body Shop test products on animals and other nasty things, as was spoken about by muzby earlier ^_^

No, I can't think of anything specific I'd like you to address. You've made it perfectly clear where you stand.

Although I do wonder one thing. If you care so little, why are you still replying? Or more to the point, why are your replies not expanding on the point already made in your first post in this thread? These are the actions of someone who actually is trying to stir up shit, despite your assertion that you're not. I know how easy it is to wind up people on these forums. You don't seem like you're dumb, so you must be able to see that?

So I guess my question is - you've made your point. What else are you hoping to achieve here?

Lostpunk I have no need to have a stroll thru Redfern, I'm perfectly happy in my poshy little middle class suburb, thanks...

SLM I have no 'issues' or anger or whatever you're on about. Nor do I like you pushing the names and numbers of shrinks onto me...all you are doing is feeding my recycle bin. I don't need another goddamn aunty or mum or big sister or whatever you think you are.

Fine, I might consider toning down my comments. But I will not be stepped all over by this lot.