• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The score has nothing to do with it. All pills (medical grade - not including pills like ecstasy) will have even distribution. They do not take 8mg bupe and throw it in with 392mg of inactive ingredients (fillers/binders/etc) and press a pill like you would ecstasy in a basement lab. They create a homogeneous solution which contains said amounts of each active and inactive ingredient and create the pill using that. The binders are part of that solution. Other wise scored pills would not exist because they simply would not be safe if there was a chance the whole active ingredient could end up on one side of the pill lol.

I mean ask Captain Heroin. He regularly shoots microgram shots consistently.. if it was like you said there would be absolutely no consistancy. 8mg is such a small amount of powder his microgram shot could easily include all 8mg..but like I said the solution i.e. pill contents (active and inactive) are made into a homogeneous mixture before being pressed into a pill. Also there kind of a score on name brand Suboxone if I remember correctly (not that it matters), the T logo.

The purpose of a score is simply to help you break the pill evenly into two, it does not represent some other type of method used in making the pill. If pills were made the way you said, people who frequently do a half pill at once would definitely notice some doses containing no active ingredient and some containing all.. it simply would not be consistent.

Now I do not intimately know the creation process of Suboxone or other pills, so I can't explain why you see some spots on your Suboxone pill, but I assure you contents are spread uniform just like any other pill on the market.

I'm not making this up. The score does denote what I said it does. Suboxone may or may not be uniform, but it is not required to be, as it has no score. Ask your pharmacist if you can split a pill without a score, see what he says.

Look at the patents on different pill making machines to see that there are many different ways of making pills. Sure, a lot of them involve a uniform mixture being pumped into a press, but it's not all of them.

Question for those who use bupe as a nasal spray. What ratio of water to sub do you use? Ive been using about 15 to 20 cc's of water with 12mgs of bupe. It works but it seems Im wasting a good bit because it starts running out of my nose. But when I use less water I feel like the mixtuure is too corrosive and hurts my throat. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Water irritates the nasal membrane. Use saline and less of it.

Question for those who use bupe as a nasal spray. What ratio of water to sub do you use? Ive been using about 15 to 20 cc's of water with 12mgs of bupe. It works but it seems Im wasting a good bit because it starts running out of my nose. But when I use less water I feel like the mixtuure is too corrosive and hurts my throat. Any tips would be much appreciated.

I'm pretty sure buprenorphine has a solubility of 16mg/mL, so your pretty much wasting approximately 8mg (if that ratio is correct, though I'm pretty sure it is). The good news is, if you've been on this dose for a while, you've lowered your tolerance (assuming you were taking 12mg or so sublingual, prior to waterlining). You should just put 4mg in 25cc's of water and squirt that up your nose, and I bet you'll find the solution a lot less corrosive, and just as effective.

You should probably only spray 1/4 of the solution into one nostril at a time, and keep your head tilted slightly back. I would give myself a few minutes between each spray to minimize waste. You also might want to consider lowering your dosage if you want to get a more noticeable effect out of it, but that's another story-do what's comfortable and helpful for you.

I'm pretty sure buprenorphine has a solubility of 16mg/mL, so your pretty much wasting approximately 8mg (if that ratio is correct, though I'm pretty sure it is). The good news is, if you've been on this dose for a while, you've lowered your tolerance (assuming you were taking 12mg or so sublingual, prior to waterlining). You should just put 4mg in 25cc's of water and squirt that up your nose, and I bet you'll find the solution a lot less corrosive, and just as effective.

You should probably only spray 1/4 of the solution into one nostril at a time, and keep your head tilted slightly back. I would give myself a few minutes between each spray to minimize waste. You also might want to consider lowering your dosage if you want to get a more noticeable effect out of it, but that's another story-do what's comfortable and helpful for you.

12mg/15cc = .8mg/ml how are they wasting it at this ratio if the limit is 16mg/ml just curious?
using your method yields a .16mg/ml with 4mg/25cc? did you mean the solubility is .16mg/ml? I'm confused :X
EDIT: You are confusing CC's with IU's or Units on the syringe... if thats the case 4mg/25units = 16mg/ml

Where do you get the supplies to make the saline solution and get the sprayer :eek:?

Sorry about bumping the question to capt h i had no idea he was banned? Can I ask why he was banned I thought he was a freakin mod here :O?

Last edited:
He hasn't been a mod for a little while, and it's only a temporary ban he'll be back in like a week, I'm sure he'll get back to you.

My Sub doctor decided to bump me up to 16MGs instead of 12MGs because I explained to him that Tramadol has been greatly helping with my moderate to severe depression. He doesn't think I know what's up with Tramadol so he gave me a super long talk about what Tramadol does/how it acts as a different breed of opiate. His response to my good experience with Tramadol was "Let's bump you up to 16MGs because that will help you more".

I really don't think that the solution to all problems is to up the dosage. I've never had any problems with this guy until now. Has anyone else had issues like this? I'm on this maintenance program for another year and a half.

I'd like to see people who are on/use suboxone tell me any pros/cons of tabs versus films... additionally CAPT H has mentioned the inactive ingredients mega thread or something like that? I've been searching for it? Does it exist? Haven't found anything...

12mg/15cc = .8mg/ml how are they wasting it at this ratio if the limit is 16mg/ml just curious?
using your method yields a .16mg/ml with 4mg/25cc? did you mean the solubility is .16mg/ml? I'm confused :X
EDIT: You are confusing CC's with IU's or Units on the syringe... if thats the case 4mg/25units = 16mg/ml

Where do you get the supplies to make the saline solution and get the sprayer :eek:?

Sorry about bumping the question to capt h i had no idea he was banned? Can I ask why he was banned I thought he was a freakin mod here :O?

Yeah, I was referring to units, but almost everyone seems to refer to units as "CC's", even though it is incorrect terminology.

What you need is bacteriostatic water, and then I imagine you can just use am empty, cleaned out bottle of Afrin or something similar.

My Sub doctor decided to bump me up to 16MGs instead of 12MGs because I explained to him that Tramadol has been greatly helping with my moderate to severe depression. He doesn't think I know what's up with Tramadol so he gave me a super long talk about what Tramadol does/how it acts as a different breed of opiate. His response to my good experience with Tramadol was "Let's bump you up to 16MGs because that will help you more".

I really don't think that the solution to all problems is to up the dosage. I've never had any problems with this guy until now. Has anyone else had issues like this? I'm on this maintenance program for another year and a half.

I agree with you . I don't think going up in dosage is going to do you any good. I've only been on Suboxone for a couple of months. My dr wanted me on 24mg I started out with 12 mg and I'm down to 3mg and ready to drop again tomorrow.
It seems when I drop the second day I get the sweats and feel a bit funny but by day 4 after a drop in dosage I feel great.
My Dr. doesn't even know I'm dropping or what dose i'm on. He thinks I'm still at 24mg. I think you know your body better then him.. Do what your body tells you. Just don't do anything that might get you tossed out of the program.
As far as Tramadol goes. I took those for a couple of years before I got hooked on opana. They seem to have had a more of antidepressent effect on me too. Relaxed me some. So I can see how they with depression.

I'm fucking pissed. I been doing rectal and sublingual. And let me tell you RECTAL AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.

Not too much because of your bowels, but its just about 2x the feeling from sublingual. Like I rectally took 2mg yesturday and I was actly NIIIICE all day. I put a 2mg under my mouth, did it perfectly...I feel half assed. Here goes another 1mg =/

I wish I could take it rectally everyday without it fucking with my BM's.

I was prescribed this on Tuesday and so far I like it. The first day I got high, but yesterday and today I could definitely feel the less intensified effects.
I didn't see anyone post a pic of the films so I will post one and hopefully you can update this thread with a picture of the actual film.

Edit: I can't post an image :(
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/wp000268.jpg/

I was prescribed this on Tuesday and so far I like it. The first day I got high, but yesterday and today I could definitely feel the less intensified effects.
I didn't see anyone post a pic of the films so I will post one and hopefully you can update this thread with a picture of the actual film.

Edit: I can't post an image :(
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/wp000268.jpg/

Wow, that's the most pristine 8mg strip I've ever seen. Mine were always cracked or straight up broken into bits. If you want to keep that nice mood lift, keep your dose low.

I'm fucking pissed. I been doing rectal and sublingual. And let me tell you RECTAL AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.

Not too much because of your bowels, but its just about 2x the feeling from sublingual. Like I rectally took 2mg yesturday and I was actly NIIIICE all day. I put a 2mg under my mouth, did it perfectly...I feel half assed. Here goes another 1mg =/

I wish I could take it rectally everyday without it fucking with my BM's.

Yeah, the reason you got more out of plugging it is because the absorption is about 20% higher than sublingual administration. I bet if you plugged 1mg it would feel exactly the same as your sublingual 2mg.

Wow, that's the most pristine 8mg strip I've ever seen. Mine were always cracked or straight up broken into bits. If you want to keep that nice mood lift, keep your dose low.

Yeah, the reason you got more out of plugging it is because the absorption is about 20% higher than sublingual administration. I bet if you plugged 1mg it would feel exactly the same as your sublingual 2mg.
Really ? Mine come in the little packets and have all looked like that.
Can you edit the very first post on this thread and put the strip in the pictures on the first page ? I think that'd be nice :)

I agree with you . I don't think going up in dosage is going to do you any good. I've only been on Suboxone for a couple of months. My dr wanted me on 24mg I started out with 12 mg and I'm down to 3mg and ready to drop again tomorrow.
It seems when I drop the second day I get the sweats and feel a bit funny but by day 4 after a drop in dosage I feel great.
My Dr. doesn't even know I'm dropping or what dose i'm on. He thinks I'm still at 24mg. I think you know your body better then him.. Do what your body tells you. Just don't do anything that might get you tossed out of the program.
As far as Tramadol goes. I took those for a couple of years before I got hooked on opana. They seem to have had a more of antidepressent effect on me too. Relaxed me some. So I can see how they with depression.

Hey, I have been doing a similar thing as you're doing, regarding taking less than prescribed. I know for a fact that a higher dose of Suboxone won't "help" me. Looks like my doctor wants to give a higher dose a try, and get feedback from me. I have no choice for now, I guess.

I'm not making this up. The score does denote what I said it does. Suboxone may or may not be uniform, but it is not required to be, as it has no score. Ask your pharmacist if you can split a pill without a score, see what he says.

Look at the patents on different pill making machines to see that there are many different ways of making pills. Sure, a lot of them involve a uniform mixture being pumped into a press, but it's not all of them.

If non scored pills weren't evenly distributed then I wouldn't be able to safely and accurately measure my dose, I usually break it down into four pieces of 5mg and I'm telling you it's all equal

i enjoy some good suboxone lines, especially with weed, amphetamine, and benzos!

i enjoy some good suboxone lines, especially with weed, amphetamine, and benzos!

Good for you! :p ;)

I usually break it down into four pieces of 5mg and I'm telling you it's all equal

Wait, what? They make 20mg pills of suboxone - OR did you mean four pieces of 2mg? Or are you talking about Opana or Oxy or something else? Confused, I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.