• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain H...hey man, how's it going?

how do you do the liquid measuring method? Is there a thread somewhere around here that describes it?

You essentially dissolve a certain amount in something like ethanol or propylene glycol to get a ratio of like 0.2mg/ml or whatever. I recommend using ethanol as it increases absorption through the sublingual or buccal routes (through the lining of the mouth essentially). You can then take an oral syringe and administer very precise, well-absorbed doses with ease.

Yeah, exactly^ the only thing you got to take into account is the raised BA you spoke of from the ethanol. If someone's trying to taper, they don't want to accidentally raise their tolerance by increasing BA

You're the only one up in this bitch who's full of shit. You just can't admit that YOU fucked up. Take some fucking responsibility you're like the one rainy cloud on the parade that is the suboxone thread. It is not suboxone's fault. Yes your doctor fucked you over, he is one to blame, not suboxone.

It's 2012, you can't say "oh woe is me, I trust everything my doctor says without question". You could have easily used the internet to find out how to properly use and taper off suboxone. You could have asked a pharmacist even. Not to mention that it's common sense that you don't stop taking a medication cold turkey at a high dose (yes, 2mg is way too high to jump off, again, you easily could have found this out). Do people on methadone taper down to 50mg and then stop cold turkey? No.

You ended up trading one addiction for another, and for what point? You didn't even get to minimize your withdrawal symptoms due to using suboxone incorrectly.

If your doctor told you that this super potent opiate wasn't addictive, you should have known something was up.

And you certainly change your tune alot :p

He's got a VERY fucking valid point! For real.

You're the only one up in this bitch who's full of shit. You just can't admit that YOU fucked up. Take some fucking responsibility you're like the one rainy cloud on the parade that is the suboxone thread. It is not suboxone's fault. Yes your doctor fucked you over, he is one to blame, not suboxone.

It's 2012, you can't say "oh woe is me, I trust everything my doctor says without question". You could have easily used the internet to find out how to properly use and taper off suboxone. You could have asked a pharmacist even. Not to mention that it's common sense that you don't stop taking a medication cold turkey at a high dose (yes, 2mg is way too high to jump off, again, you easily could have found this out). Do people on methadone taper down to 50mg and then stop cold turkey? No.

You ended up trading one addiction for another, and for what point? You didn't even get to minimize your withdrawal symptoms due to using suboxone incorrectly.

If your doctor told you that this super potent opiate wasn't addictive, you should have known something was up.

And you certainly change your tune alot :p

You mad bro? :?

To everyone else, I'd rather NOT do all that shit just to taper down lower. If you have to taper so low, the company should make a suboxone pill that is a small enough dosage to taper off of, instead of making people cut the suboxone into the tiniest pieces possible. It's retarded.

Opiate addict: Doctor, i'm a pain pill addict. Can you help me?

Suboxone doctor: Sure, I'll just give you this prescription for suboxone. It's 100% totally safe. We'll start you off on 32 mgs a day, even though it stops being effective after 8mg. Then, whenever you want to come off, just taper down. You may have to cut the pill with a razor blade to get the correct dosage, or do some extraction methods on it. But other than that, you'll do fine.

ALRIGHT GUYS.

If you don't all chill the fuck out i'm going to start getting annoyed.

Hippiechild... You need to reign in your personal hatred for suboxone and realise that it is helpful for some people while ineffective for others. Like most things in life. You need to end this personal crusade however.

I want only on topic posts in here, with less of the petty personal back and forth you guys are having.

Hey, xhippiexchildx, you definitely had/have the resources to find out for yourself a little bit more about Suboxone..of course the doctor wasn't going to tell you everything. Before I even went to my "induction" appointment, I did tons of research. I found Bluelight to be the best place for the kind of information I was seeking, of course <3
You should never (in my opinion) go onto ANY medication without doing YOUR part: RESEARCH. I'm not trying to throw personal attacks at you (now), just letting you know my opinion.

ALRIGHT GUYS.

If you don't all chill the fuck out i'm going to start getting annoyed.

Hippiechild... You need to reign in your personal hatred for suboxone and realise that it is helpful for some people while ineffective for others. Like most things in life. You need to end this personal crusade however.

I want only on topic posts in here, with less of the petty personal back and forth you guys are having.

As Tripman has said, continued flaming will result in official disciplinary actions.

It's not personal. I can't give my opinion on a drug that ruined my life? I mean, is this not the suboxone thread?

Edit:

I know i'm not the only one out there that had a bad experience with this drug.

HdOD is correct.

I wont stand for the "you are full of shit", "No YOU are full of shit" type discussions that are going on in here.

oops sorry tripman, i deleted that post in fear of getting an infraction. if you can un UA it somehow and UA this one be my guest.

EDIT:But my post tripman is referring to is one that stated that it was the "your full of shit" disrespect going on.

Last edited:
I was going to come in and say sorry for overreacting to hippie, I was getting tired of this blaming suboxone crap but by the time I realized I got too personal the mods had already came in.

But even now, my apology still stands hippie, I just disagree with you so much. Sorry for not responding in a more productive manner. But I hope you will take the points I made even if it's with a grain of salt. I don't think you'd have had such a bad experience if you had tapered properly, that is all.

now back on track..
im bout to go do a lil bupe that'l last me till later tonight/early morning.. trying to take a couple days off tramadol cuz it constipates me like no other opiate i've tried.

Hippie- I personally don't think suboxone was the best route for me, but I do acknowledge that it is helpful and necessary for other people. You are not alone in how you feel...I feel the same way.

Hippie- I personally don't think suboxone was the best route for me, but I do acknowledge that it is helpful and necessary for other people. You are not alone in how you feel...I feel the same way.

How was it not good for you? I want to know more, elaborate please..

Sub maint is only for the most hardcore addicts where everything ELSE has failed.... to these people it is a life saver...

to everyone else it might as well be any other opiate.... It is seriously some powerful shit not to be taken lightly...

Some people get on sub and there sub addiction is WAY worse than what they were on before...

Sub is best used a short term detox tool and not maintenance unless its lifesaving and creates stability

Status
Not open for further replies.