• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mad bro? :?

To everyone else, I'd rather NOT do all that shit just to taper down lower. If you have to taper so low, the company should make a suboxone pill that is a small enough dosage to taper off of, instead of making people cut the suboxone into the tiniest pieces possible. It's retarded.

No one is saying you have to taper so low.. but why not do it? Just b/c it's annoying to break the pills up? It will make a worlds of difference when you detox.

In a sense I feel that Suboxone has fucked me over.. but not in the same way as you. And in my case, it's 100% my fault not Suboxone's. I feel that Suboxone allowed me to further grow my addiction. While I had all the intentions to get clean, it ended up becoming a tool to bridge the gap. A lot of times I found my self using knowing that I had Suboxone to fall back onto, whereas after doing a real ct detox off dope, without Suboxone around, I would actually stay away from H.

Now I have been on bupe long enough that I am physically dependent (I am at 4mg a day now). I really want to taper off and detox off this shit.. but since I have gotten this low on bupe (I came from 80mg methadone>12mg bupe>where I am now) I have found my self using more frequently. I really need to quit that and focus on continuing to reduce my bupe. I dream of a life where I can wake up and just feel ok wihtout putting a drug into me. Going out into the sunlight being able to enjoy it instead of being trapped inside feeling like shit cold sweats etc.. But I made it to 4mg I guess.. I just gotto keep going.

I do agree they should make smaller Suboxone pills but what I do is I use a milligram scale (for less than 50 bucks you can get a very accurate one) to weigh my doses out. Now this depends on what brand you get, but for Roxanne 8mg bupe pills they are literally exactly 400mg. So 50mg = 1mg bupe. So it's really easy to taper <1mg doses. For instance 5mg of the pill = 0.1mg bupe, 25mg = 0.5mg bupe, 150mg = 3mg bupe, and so on. Once you get down to .1 mg and start skipping days I hear the withdrawals are bearable. Like you could even work through them if you have a job. You have to taper down and stabilize for a solid 3 weeks or more before detoxing in my opinion. 5mg of powder is barely anything, but you would be surprised what one lick of powder can do.. it can seriously take you out of bad withdrawals. Bupe is really powerful. Alternatively you can use a liquid method where you measure out 8mg bupe pill to 4cc water..and you can then do a ratio and just measure out your doses. I find the scale to be easier because it's quick, and you can just crush up a pill and leave th pile of powder there and take some from it every day.

Some people get on sub and there sub addiction is WAY worse than what they were on before...
y

Totally true man!! I have seen people with a codein habit, kratam habit, pod tea, and
vic habits go on bupe maint. and they turned a infinitesimal addiction into a fucking HUGE monkey on their back. Shame on the doctors who prescribe to those people. I feel bad for someoen in pain management, taking like 20mg vicoden daily, only to find out they are having trouble getting off and making their script last, then to have their doctor switch them to a theraputic dose of bupe like 16mg or some shit. I know my doctor basically would hear IV heroin and give out 24mg, hed hear methadone and give 32mg. It;s like.. you can detox and be feeling 100% in 2 weeks, and I am talking like 100% good if you are detoxing off vics or something similar. Bupe is a whole nother ballgame. And while you are taking this super powerful drug it really isn't doing jack shit. If you are gonna get yuour self so heavily phsyically dependent it might as well be to something good lol. Not a drug that doesnt doa nything.

Last edited:
^ While I used to do that too, I'm not convinced that one 50mg chunk will have the same amount of bupe as another 50mg chunk. A lot of Suboxone tablets have clear light and dark spots within the pill which are likely an artifact of an active substance layer partially mixed with a binder layer. There is no score on the pill so there is no requirement that the pill has a consistent amount of drug through different portions of the pill.

^there is no score on a lot of pills that are still spread evenly through the pill.. zyprexa is an example.. but i get what you're getting at. It doesn't HAVE to be. But IMO most are. And i think suboxone is spread evenly.

Just goes to show how ill informed drs are. Had a friend hooked on benzos cause her dr told her ativan wasn't addictive. My mom's doc put her on oxycontin and told her it's 'no big deal to stop'. I've been prescribed 16mg bup a day for a 5 bag/day habit. He also said I could take extra if needed, cause it's 'impossible to OD on'. Not to mention the crazy pysch meds i've seen people scripted tbat had insane reactions , cause that's the drug of the week the reps are pushing.

About the dosing small amounts problem, it's a shame they're not allowed to prescribe the .2mg buprenex for maintenance.

ooops. Sorry about that. Got temgesic and buprenex mixed up.
In the U.S. the .2 mg pills are only prescribable for pain. suboxone/subutex are the only drugs allowed RX'd for maintenance in a non clinc setting here. It sucks.

^ While I used to do that too, I'm not convinced that one 50mg chunk will have the same amount of bupe as another 50mg chunk. A lot of Suboxone tablets have clear light and dark spots within the pill which are likely an artifact of an active substance layer partially mixed with a binder layer. There is no score on the pill so there is no requirement that the pill has a consistent amount of drug through different portions of the pill.

The score has nothing to do with it. All pills (medical grade - not including pills like ecstasy) will have even distribution. They do not take 8mg bupe and throw it in with 392mg of inactive ingredients (fillers/binders/etc) and press a pill like you would ecstasy in a basement lab. They create a homogeneous solution which contains said amounts of each active and inactive ingredient and create the pill using that. The binders are part of that solution. Other wise scored pills would not exist because they simply would not be safe if there was a chance the whole active ingredient could end up on one side of the pill lol.

I mean ask Captain Heroin. He regularly shoots microgram shots consistently.. if it was like you said there would be absolutely no consistancy. 8mg is such a small amount of powder his microgram shot could easily include all 8mg..but like I said the solution i.e. pill contents (active and inactive) are made into a homogeneous mixture before being pressed into a pill. Also there kind of a score on name brand Suboxone if I remember correctly (not that it matters), the T logo.

The purpose of a score is simply to help you break the pill evenly into two, it does not represent some other type of method used in making the pill. If pills were made the way you said, people who frequently do a half pill at once would definitely notice some doses containing no active ingredient and some containing all.. it simply would not be consistent.

Now I do not intimately know the creation process of Suboxone or other pills, so I can't explain why you see some spots on your Suboxone pill, but I assure you contents are spread uniform just like any other pill on the market.

Last edited:
@lazyjoe: i get what you're saying. im in the US also but some places in Canada (i think) they make you dose at the pharmacy in front of them and when lowering your dose they give you the .2's to make say: 4.4mg it would be 2x2mg suboxone/subutex and 2x .2 temgesic.. i could be wrong though but i think i remember someone from canada saying how lucky we are that we can take our pills home. and that they have a caseworker that decides their dose and when it goes down and stuff.

We actually are lucky. Before subs, there was never a drug a doctor could prescribe specificly for maintenance you could take home.
Atleast not since the first decade of the 20th century when you could get a RX of heron .

indeed we are lucky.. before i heard of bupe maint. i was chained to a methadone clinic needing to do 30min of driving every morning to get my dose.. then i said fuck this and cold turkey'd 120mg methadone (BIG mistake) i handled it 10 days and then had to go on bupe because the w/d's were unbearable even after 10 days! lol. but 5 years later im off both 'done and bupe maintenance. Bupe is a great drug IMHO.

I agree. Before subs, I had to drive 45 min, wait up to an hour, then drive 45 min back to go to work. I was within walking distance to work and late alot.
Glad your off both. 120mg is a high dose to walk off. I walked off 15 and was hell

Question: I have been off my suboxones for over a month now... Doing h, opana, morphine, roxies, etc. I am prescrbed one and a half a day of suboxone strips atm. My question is, should I take more than my dosage at first and slowly taper down? Is there anything to reduce the withdrawals I have even whist on suboxone? I have exactly one xanex bar as well... Any tapering reccomendations? I know about the benefits of dxm as well, and might be able to acquire some. However, I can't smoke marijuana atm. Which usually helps me tons, but since I can't... ANY SUGGESSTIONS? Thank you immensely, having someone else type because of my w/d's severity...

start at 4mg/day for 3 days then 2mg/day for a week then 1mg/day for a week then either jump off or move to .5mg/day for a few days then jump off. Try to get some clonidine also, it helps a great deal.
Just my .02

No doubt subs is much easier to get without all the hoops to jump thru than with methadone.

It took me 3 yrs to get monthly takehomes of done but subs was immediate. The only problem with is I need benzos for PTSD and I only get 1 mg K-pins daily. They gave me 10mg valium with MMT which for me, worked much better. Lately I've been using xanax for excess stress and anxiety and they are showing in my monthly drug screen as something other than k-pins. The dr knows I'm taking something in addition too... or other than, k-pins but can't id specifically what. They use to just id benzos generally in urine screens However, now apparently if they suspect something, they can do a more sophisticated screen. He tells me it shows a temgesic or lorazapam but can't say for sure... I guess that's because of the mix of 2 different ones. my first 2 dr's [at VA hosp] said nothin but now I've got one who makes a big issue and has threatened to take my K-pins. I got to figure out something before next visit. Or else I will have to consider paying for this thru a private dr whose ok with my situation. VA is free.

Try loperamide for restless legs and stomach probs you can get this OTC, Lyrica I have found helps, Diphenhydramine so you can at least try to sleep, any benzos will help you relax, Tramadol helps with the leg pains as well. Just make sure you do a little reading defore you dose up, even OTC meds. Especially don't mix lyrica w/ Tramadol, pick one or the other, or alternate them. Hot baths help too.

Question for those who use bupe as a nasal spray. What ratio of water to sub do you use? Ive been using about 15 to 20 cc's of water with 12mgs of bupe. It works but it seems Im wasting a good bit because it starts running out of my nose. But when I use less water I feel like the mixtuure is too corrosive and hurts my throat. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.