• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
about what?

when i jumped off i was also going through benzo w/d's too.
I had clonidine, tizanidine, hydroxyzine, zyprexa to help and the rest i just sucked up because i went through it one time b4 in jail with no other meds to help so with the meds made it easy as hell.. in a week i was fine. i have no reason to lie to you, i don't even know you.

For you saying im full of shit read how long ago these posts are and know that i wasn't lying about anything:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/550973-Progress-Mega-Thread/page3?highlight=progress+support+mega

Whatever you say, superman.

All I know is I was on 2mg for 3 months before I came off. I was taking beta blockers and vistaril for it. Doesn't really do shit for the symptoms. I'd been better off just coming off of heroin. At least I know it won't last for 3 months.

I think your negativity could have to do with why your w/d's are so difficult.. think of the glass half full instead of half empty for a while and see how it changes your life and outlook.
but i have nothing more to say to you.. i would have tried to help anyway i could but you seem to fight everything everyone says.

quick question? what's the proper way to prepare the films for injection? I did search but too many results.

Also, i've jumped off my bupe habit before, was at 1mg/day. Took tramadol for a few days, and it wasn't that bad .
Now I'm kicking 5 -10 mg/day of opana and this is way worse. I kicked a 4 gram/day dope habit in jail last summer too, so jumping off 2mg of bupe is definitely doable.

* edit Even my methadone wd was only 6 weeks so i think 3 months is a little excessive

quick question? what's the proper way to prepare the films for injection? I did search but too many results.

Also, i've jumped off my bupe habit before, was at 1mg/day. Took tramadol for a few days, and it wasn't that bad .
Now I'm kicking 5 -10 mg/day of opana and this is way worse. I kicked a 4 gram/day dope habit in jail last summer too, so jumping off 2mg of bupe is definitely doable.

* edit Even my methadone wd was only 6 weeks so i think 3 months is a little excessive

Oh great. So i'm just imagining feeling like i'm dying?

I got a question xhippychildx, what was your drug habit like before you got on suboxone? We're you just taking a few hydrocodone's? Or we're you shooting heroin?

All withdrawal is bad, but it's also relative compared to your past withdrawal. If you got on suboxone after a few months of sniffing oxycontin, than yeah the bupe withdrawal might be a bit worse. But there is no way that you are dope sick three months straight. I kicked methadone after one year of 100mg a day. The acute withdrawal lasted about three weeks, and the PAWS (post acute withdrawal syndrome) lasted about five months.

If anything you are going through that, not acute withdrawal.

And just so you know, I dont shoot suboxone either anymore, I take it sublingually and there are many ways to divide your dose up for sublingual administration at dosages under 2 mg. You could dissolve it in an oral syringe and squirt the desired ammount under your tongue, OR you can squirt it into a flat surface, and let it evaporate, then place the resulting powder under your tongue. You could also order a scale if you're really serious about it, and divide the crushed up pill by weight.

I don't understand why you're coming onto this mega thread quite honestly, to me it seems as if you're just trying to stir up shit. Not everyone is going to like suboxone, but you come on here and say "It should be banned", and your reasons are basically selfish and ignorant when you try to explain yourself. If you had come here before trying to jump off, a lot of people would be happy to give suggestions to try and ease the discomfort. In fact, I would still be willing to offer some advice if there is any to give, but with the way you're acting, it's hard to feel much compassion.

Heroin on occasion when I could afford and find it, and pain pills if that didn't work out. DXM if pain pills weren't around, which was rare.

PAWS or Acute withdrawals, same difference. It all makes you feel like shit.

I'm just so sick of feeling the chills all the fucking time.

You are full of shit.
Everyone on this megathread has pretty much just been trying to help and advise YOU, recently. You're entitled to your opinion, but I advise you not to say such things to people that know their stuff about Suboxone. You've never been through this whole ordeal. Many on here have. Why don't you just listen to what they're saying and admit that they are, in fact, correct and trying to HELP you.

Everyone on this megathread has pretty much just been trying to help and advise YOU, recently. You're entitled to your opinion, but I advise you not to say such things to people that know their stuff about Suboxone. You've never been through this whole ordeal. Many on here have. Why don't you just listen to what they're saying and admit that they are, in fact, correct and trying to HELP you.

Uhm, I was on suboxone for 4 years. Did you miss that part? Why do you think i'm bitching about it now? Because I still have PAWS.

Edit:

I admit, it's a great drug to get people off of opiates. It's just if it's not taken a certain exact way, the whole plan goes to shit.. and most doctors who give it out don't give the exact plan of how you should take it.

Last edited:
I admit, it's a great drug to get people off of opiates. It's just if it's not taken a certain exact way, the whole plan goes to shit.. and most doctors who give it out don't give the exact plan of how you should take it.

I agree with you on that part for sure. My sub Dr is a complete idiot. The last time I seen him I didn't even talk to him just walked in paid my money got my script and walked out. I did fill out a short form saying how I felt but that was about it.
It doesn't matter any how. I got my own plan from reading post and asking question's here, so far so good.

To be honest, I just wanted off of suboxone as quickly as possible. I couldn't stand feeling that way anymore.

Your points are valid xhippychildx, when I was first put on suboxone, I was told that it was not physically addictive, so I could take as much as I wanted, which of course sounded perfect to me. Words like "partial agonist just flew over my head, and I bought into the myth that buprenorphine could not possibly be addictive.

Anyway, after a relapse, I was cut off from suboxone and forced into a 30day program. After about day 3-4 I knew something was horribly wrong with me, but I didn't know what it could be (because I was certain it "Couldn't be the suboxone!". It was a really shitty time, and I am sorry you're going through PAWS. Sometimes I think that it's the post acute withdrawal that's actually worse. Cause it lasts so god damn longer.

@hippychild. I have 5 years heroin 2 years methadone 2 years sub abuse and who knows how many kicks.(I think Im on my 15th right now) All w/d sucks. Even small habits. Some are just more managable than others, due to how/what/length used, drugs used during your detox, incarceration status, etc. I'm sure you do still feel like shit. I just can't imagine physical w/d lasting 3 months.
PAWS is a little different tho. At that point, it's less physical withdrawl as it is physological. Still feel horrible, but not like your first week or two. Honestly, I've never made it past PAWS as the longest clean I have had since I started using is 3 months.

& Never trust your doc or let him/her control your detox schedule. They're just drug dealers, and you wouldn't put that trust in your neighborhood dealer would you?

**Also, really need to know injection prep for suboxone film. I assume just cut, make into a solution, filter, inject but want to make sure there's no complications so I dont waste the only one I have.

You are full of shit.

You're the only one up in this bitch who's full of shit. You just can't admit that YOU fucked up. Take some fucking responsibility you're like the one rainy cloud on the parade that is the suboxone thread. It is not suboxone's fault. Yes your doctor fucked you over, he is one to blame, not suboxone.

It's 2012, you can't say "oh woe is me, I trust everything my doctor says without question". You could have easily used the internet to find out how to properly use and taper off suboxone. You could have asked a pharmacist even. Not to mention that it's common sense that you don't stop taking a medication cold turkey at a high dose (yes, 2mg is way too high to jump off, again, you easily could have found this out). Do people on methadone taper down to 50mg and then stop cold turkey? No.

You ended up trading one addiction for another, and for what point? You didn't even get to minimize your withdrawal symptoms due to using suboxone incorrectly.

If your doctor told you that this super potent opiate wasn't addictive, you should have known something was up.

And you certainly change your tune alot :p

Suboxone should be banned forever.

I admit, it's a great drug to get people off of opiates...

Last edited:
I've encountered quite a few people at the bupe doc I go to that are like ragging mad at suboxone now that they are on it. They blame bupe for how they feel when they go into withdrawal, seemingly forgetting that they were using opiates in the 1st place. There is some vision in their minds that this would allow them to just erase all the past abuse, or allow them to just step off painlessly. It's all suboxone's fault! They were fooled by god! And I read someone here say it should be banned? Talk about a huge step backwards for the treatment of opiate dependency. For me, it did (and does) exactly what I need, to help me either maintain, taper or quit. As addicts its typical for us to blame something or someone, but I've only myself to blame for what I've done and how I feel bc of it...and saying it should be banned bc you feel like shit from abusing opiates? What did you expect? Well I say it should stay bc it helps me NOT feel like shit from abusing opiates.

There is no magic miracle. I'm now on .25-.5mg/day and that was honestly not that hard at all...but eventually I'll have to bite the bullet and feel the withdrawal from my opiate use.

Last edited:
I'm sure hippie child will have a different opinion once she starts feeling better. I don't think anyone is generally very fond of their drug of use while experiencing its withdrawal.

Just wanted to put some things in perspective if possible after reading through this thread for a bit. Seems like there is a lack of gratitude from some that they are or were even given the opportunity to be on suboxone maintenance with all the poor souls out there struggling day to day, sometimes hour to hour, just to not start getting really sick. When I finally had the ability to pay for and get accepted into a doctor I was so grateful to not have to be on that grind everyday, consuming every thought of how, where do I get the cash, who can I screw over this time just to not start the serious DTs. It was so great to wake up in the am without that empty pit in my stomach feeling, the sweats, the guilt and shame.

Yea, there are downsides to it but I'm not going to get into that ungreatful mode of thinking which really is just relapse before picking up again. Just remember the people you know out there doing all those horrible things to, well, let's face it, not really even get high anymore, just not get sick.

We have one group a month we are required to attend and go to 4 meetings a month and all I seem to hear in my group is complaining a bout that. "I don't have a ride," "can't find a sitter," "gas costs too much.". On and on but I bet if you needed your dope it would get done. And it's clear to me that most in the group are using other drugs, trading their subs, whatever. We can all see someone that's high or full of shit because we all used to do the same shit.

All I'm trying to say is be thankful your able to be in the program because you are fortunate no matter the fact that everyone should be given the opportunity rather than suffer like we have or put the ones closest to us through so much grief and pain. And if you don't want to be on suboxone or think you were duped by a doctor that most likely really is trying to help you, quit and go back to your DOC or better yet get totally clean. Remember you have a disease though not just a habit.

Just try to remember from one addict to another, gratitude is your best friend. If subs keep you from stealing from your mother, lying to your sister, selling your body, or robbing your friend, just try to be grateful. Maybe that's not the point of this thread but it is what I expected to read when I entered, not a bunch of sour grapes.

Have a nice day- Luca

Tapering down to 2mg? You can taper much, much lower.

And how in the hell was I supposed to break my pills even farther down from 1mg? I do NOT shoot suboxone.

Liquid measuring is really easy, and you don't have to IV the liquid. You can plug it, sublingual it, snort it......... many options there that aren't IV. ;)

For those of you who are addicted to bupe, how long after your last dose do you begin to feel the onset of withdrawal symptoms? What symptoms do you feel first?

And do you think it's relative to dose? Like someone on 1mg a day will feel withdrawals creep up faster than someone on 2mgs a day? I'm currently on about .75mg - 1mg per day, and only have 3 weeks to stop...(going to jail...:( ) I have tapered and quit before with success, but it's sooo hard now, especially since this time, I actually went to a sub doc, and got a prescription, and now have over 45 pills at my disposal.

Captain H...hey man, how's it going?

how do you do the liquid measuring method? Is there a thread somewhere around here that describes it?

Status
Not open for further replies.