• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v2; 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
not quite seconds... but much quicker than the old suboxone tablets.

But you cant snort the strips, but I do find them more effective sub lingual than the old tablets were...

not quite seconds... but much quicker than the old suboxone tablets.

But you cant snort the strips, but I do find them more effective sub lingual than the old tablets were...

You actually can snort the strips...not only can you actually shove a strip up your nose(quite inneffective), but you can make a nasal spray solution as described earlier. It works very well.

you can also inject the strips as well as plug them...you can basically do everything with the strips that you could of done with the tablets, you just might have to use different techniques.

did you bother to search for it? or click on the OD Directory link at the top of the page? that's where it is. oh an low and behold it's on the front page of OD as usual...

yes you can make a solution to use in a spray bottle.

try the search engine again, you'll find it. this type of question has been asked many a time before including other drugs.

merging

Its kind of ironic... getting on suboxone to stop abusing drugs, but then abusing suboxone which was prescribed to stop a abusing drugs. Why not just take a higher dose the proper way than trying to up bioavailability by snorting or iving subs?

Not bashing you guys I just think its ironic.

i can tell you the major reason i do it is because i take suboxone for cravings not physical dependency and when i get a craving i also get needle fever so partial opiate agonist + banging something Equals me not banging dope and going to jail lol but you are right in a way i can deff see the irony

New generic Sub's

So I go to the pharmacy today to pick up a few Subutex for the weekend and the pharmacist tells me that they now carry a new generic form of the drug for 30% less money. Due to the relatively high cost of Sub's, I was quite interested and asked the pharmacist for more info. He told me that the new pills came in the same dosages (2mg & 8mg) and that they too were sublingual. In fact, the only difference was in the size and shape. I asked if I could see one and he handed me a bottle identical to the one pictured below.

buprenorphineHCLweb.jpg

They are much, much smaller than any other sublingual buprenorphine pill (Reckitt-Benckiser or Teva) released so far. Infact, they are the exact same size as the Actavis 30mg oxycodone pill (Roxycodone, Roxies, Blues etc...) pictured below.

Oxycodone%2030mg.JPG

They are a small, white, round pill with an "8" (or a 2) on one side and a small arrow (?) on the other.

They are manufactured by Ethypharm and distributed by Midlothian Laboratories.

IMO The smaller size (i.e. less fillers & binders) might be appealing to many including those who choose an ROA other than sublingual. I picked up 3 of them and will give them a try this weekend. Tomorrow night I will post an update and let everyone know how they worked. If anyone else has tried these, please relate your experience/opinion.

so coming off a huge heroin binge (for me) gram to two grams a day easily of tar smoked. will i be ok after ~24 hours to take my first sub? also could loperamide put you into precip. w/d's?

so I've gotten fucked.

I recently changed over to a new health insurance plan the, one my school supplies, Medco. This switch occurred less than a week ago, because last friday, I picked up 7 mg script of k-pins for one fifty, and now I have to pay 10 dollars for it, which is rediculous, cause I could by 10 mg for 10 dollars.

Not only that, but my health insurance DOES NOT cover suboxone, OR subutex. I get prescribed a 24 mg dose/day for a month, and I used to just pay a 10 buck co-pay. Now it costs me $700 fucking dollars. Luckily my doctor gave me another prescription for just a weeks supply so it wouldnt be as expensive, and hopefully in that time I can find another health insurance plan. For those of you on here who's health insurance covers suboxone,can you please reccomend some? I dont think I'm qualified for medicaid but its worth a shot. thanks again.

so I've gotten fucked.

I recently changed over to a new health insurance plan the, one my school supplies, Medco. This switch occurred less than a week ago, because last friday, I picked up 7 mg script of k-pins for one fifty, and now I have to pay 10 dollars for it, which is rediculous, cause I could by 10 mg for 10 dollars.

Not only that, but my health insurance DOES NOT cover suboxone, OR subutex. I get prescribed a 24 mg dose/day for a month, and I used to just pay a 10 buck co-pay. Now it costs me $700 fucking dollars. Luckily my doctor gave me another prescription for just a weeks supply so it wouldnt be as expensive, and hopefully in that time I can find another health insurance plan. For those of you on here who's health insurance covers suboxone,can you please reccomend some? I dont think I'm qualified for medicaid but its worth a shot. thanks again.

I have "united Healthcare" insurance and they cover my suboxone. They do not cover the doctor visits(which are like $150 each after the initial visit and fees)....but they do pay for most of the pills, I have to pay like a $60 copay, its rediculous. Also....they sent me a letter saying that for this medication(suboxone) they will only cover it for up to a year acccording to the plan. Isnt that stupid? a time limit on how long they will cover your medication......you keep paying them, but they stop helpin you....fuckin cocksuckin insurance bastards suckin the lifeblood out of everything good and right in this world.

Hey fellas.
I would like to know what sort of things that makes the Bupe stay longer and heavier.
I have read that grapefruit juice does that, also saint johns worth - but the latter I can not take because im on Effexor.

Hey guys ive been reading aot about suboxone here and as some may know from previous posts im on it as well. 8mgs (1 tablet sublingually a day). I saw you guys were talking about snorting subs at a lower dosage. But since im at a considered higher dosage, do you think i should give it a shot and go intranasally? Its funny cause alot of people in my group who talk about subs say that people who tell you that you can snort suboxone and feel anything are full of it! Thats what they say and ive always been skeptic about that. thanks!

Hey guys ive been reading aot about suboxone here and as some may know from previous posts im on it as well. 8mgs (1 tablet sublingually a day). I saw you guys were talking about snorting subs at a lower dosage. But since im at a considered higher dosage, do you think i should give it a shot and go intranasally? Its funny cause alot of people in my group who talk about subs say that people who tell you that you can snort suboxone and feel anything are full of it! Thats what they say and ive always been skeptic about that. thanks!

If you want to go for it, then try it. I would suggest snorting 1/4th, or less, of an 8mg tablet, even if you take 8mg sublingually.

cool, so basically 2mgs from it? are you suggesting to take just the quarter from it, snort it and that should be good for the day even though im on 8mg sublingually a day? if so, is this because of the bioavailability from intranasal is higher then sublingually?

Like I told you before man, if you have all these detailed questions about my suboxone usage you are more than welcome to PM me.

I'm not the only one interested in your allegations. Based on my contact with several others here... there's considerable interest in the plausibility of your assertions. These type of questions/responses are important to your credibility. There have been some inconsistancies in your past claims and experiences which have been pointed out to you by several other Bl'ers.

This is mainly because you claim to be on BMT yet have no [acute or Paws]WD's when you quit using... which is apparently quite often. This goes against most everyone elses experience. Now you contend that you supply subs to a couple of heroin addict buddies and they too are absent WD's when they don't use. That makes no sense to most BL'ers who are addicts and on BMT.

Everyone here is essentially anonymous [and must be taken on their word] so when someone volunteers ongoing advice to practically every "newbie" who comes into "other Drugs", they should have no problem to opening themselves up to public scrutiny. This is an open discussion forum and my God man... you've been here about 3 1/2mos and have nearly 2000 posts. Someone dishing out that much advice should be fine with someone asking a fair question related to a previous posting. Why would you publicly post information and not expect to be held accountable for same?

Also... everyone knows most subs dr's test for both use and non use of subs yet you profess to be off subs 3+ weeks while at the same time on BMT. That too is highly suspect. Does your dr continue to subscribe to anyone else who doesn't use their meds? Or is that just a privilige exteneded to you? Come on now... if you want to be taken seriously, then give some open answers to valid questions.

They are much, much smaller than any other sublingual buprenorphine pill (Reckitt-Benckiser or Teva) released so far. Infact, they are the exact same size as the Actavis 30mg oxycodone pill (Roxycodone, Roxies, Blues etc...) pictured below.

They are a small, white, round pill with an "8" (or a 2) on one side and a small arrow (?) on the other.

They are manufactured by Ethypharm and distributed by Midlothian Laboratories.

IMO The smaller size (i.e. less fillers & binders) might be appealing to many including those who choose an ROA other than sublingual. I picked up 3 of them and will give them a try this weekend. Tomorrow night I will post an update and let everyone know how they worked. If anyone else has tried these, please relate your experience/opinion.
Do they look like this:
http://www.123minsida.se/picture.aspx?id=34903507 ?

If so they are named Buprenotex by Nycomed here in Sweden.
Small, no naloxone in them. Very good if you inject because less fillers.. a little bit more hassle to snort small amounts like 1mg 0.5mg and so.. other than that great medication.

cool, so basically 2mgs from it? are you suggesting to take just the quarter from it, snort it and that should be good for the day even though im on 8mg sublingually a day? if so, is this because of the bioavailability from intranasal is higher then sublingually?

It would probably be best to do 1mg 3x per day, or 2mg 2x per day, something like that. I'm not sure if it would last all day but you can always try it out and see how long it lasts you.

thanks CH. Actually since im required to be in group meetings and have to use their doctor for getting my subs weekly(yes i know its rediculous) i get drug tested, but i dont get a strictly suboxone drug testing. Suboxone doesnt show up for regular drug tests/labs. I didnt even know you can test for it

thanks CH. Actually since im required to be in group meetings and have to use their doctor for getting my subs weekly(yes i know its rediculous) i get drug tested, but i dont get a strictly suboxone drug testing. Suboxone doesnt show up for regular drug tests/labs. I didnt even know you can test for it

Yeah you can test for any drug, but it's not feasible or affordable.

Status
Not open for further replies.