• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ and Megathread v.1; 2007 - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the wild wild west that is America's health care system some insurance plans will not cover the doctors appointment nor the medication. Some plans will cover one but not the other! My plan here does not cover the doctor but does cover the cost of the Suboxone.

I don't see why this wouldn't be allowed on Bluelight so here goes:

2 doctors were $700 to $750
1 doctor was $500
The doctor I went to was $350

These prices are just for the FIRST visit and they are typically less expensive once you are a patient.

Also the more expensive doctors will often have a longer and more involved induction phase. For example, one $700 doctor asked that I come into his office for the first 4 days and then see him once a week after that for a month, and then monthly.

The doctor that I went to was $350 and only had me come in the 1st day. He gave me a 10 day script (well, at the rate I'm going at it would last me a month) and after that will give me a monthly script.

You should go to the doctor that has a plan that will work for you. Some people NEED to be kept on a tight leash by their doctor while others will resent having to see their Suboxone doctor more than once a month. But I would recommend doing what is RIGHT FOR YOU and what will KEEP YOU SOBER (IMHO, people can be sober while on Suboxone).

Many docs told me that they required payment in cash because--I know that this is hard to believe--many drug addicts lie and they sometimes bounce checks.

^ Thats a ridiculous amount of money for a desperate smackhead to find in one lump sum.

Theres NO WAY I would be on bupe if I was in the US.

Its sad, as I honestly believe it a better replacement than methadone for a lot of peeps.

Dude I need some suboxone! My insurance won't f'ing pay and i'm coming off 8mg daily and its a bitch! Someone message me or respond if you can help! Please

^^^^^ hahahah , Are you serious ?A rehab is close to 0 anywhere in Europe , at least western Europe ... as it should be really , but I mean ,this must be labelled "communism" in the US(at least by the people who profit from the healthcare system as it is)

^(bupepain) Kratom is probably your best bet outside of a maintenance opiate. I don't know what country you're in, but I know in the USA you can generally buy a portion of the prescription if you can't pay for it all, especially with a drug like Suboxone. Why not just buy a few and cut your dose way back for now? (Or go to the methadone clinic?)

^ Thats a ridiculous amount of money for a desperate smackhead to find in one lump sum.

Theres NO WAY I would be on bupe if I was in the US.

Its sad, as I honestly believe it a better replacement than methadone for a lot of peeps.

hahahah , could you believe that ? I mean , what will it cost you to get on a Sub maintenance ot methadone or whatever in England? Next to F all , a visit to some NHS clinic and there you go , a daily visit to the chemist and that's it

Edit: No sourcing related discussion is allowed. -phrozen

Last edited by a moderator:
^No one is going to send you Suboxone. If you're in such a bad spot and have money, why not 1) buy a few pills of your Suboxone prescription, 2) go to a methadone clinic, or 3) research kratom...?

yeah man , I wonder how much would one be paying for 1 Subutex 8mg pill in the streets (USA) , shouldn't be that much for sure ... If I were you I'd do exactly that , as in score a few Subus off the streets and try to taper it down to lower doses around 2mg a day

^By the way ,what is this pharmaceutical(??) H maintenance thing I hear has been implemented in England ,there was nothing of the sort when I left the country 2 years ago roughly ...this sounds awesome, test positive a few times and they'll give you H just like that or is there some sort of program/compromise on your behalf behind all that ?

^By the way ,what is this pharmaceutical(??) H maintenance thing I hear has been implemented in England ,there was nothing of the sort when I left the country 2 years ago roughly ...this sounds awesome, test positive a few times and they'll give you H just like that or is there some sort of program/compromise on your behalf behind all that ?

I've never been told about it at clinics.

If it IS being implemented - they are certainly not making a big song and dance about it at the clinics.

I know that on the back of my (blue) scripts - it says that a diamorphine or diconal script *must* also be handed in to the pharmacy along with a fucking HOME OFFICE license!

Its certainly not a question of rocking up to the clinic and going "Give me teh smack..NOW!"

:D

I am down to 3mg's of subutex and the clinic has suggested double dosing(for example dosing 4mg every 48hrs instead of 2mg every 24hrs. Will this be a good way to adjust my body to getting off the subutex or will i experience terrible withdrawals??

any help much appreciated as i HAVE to be completely off the subutex within 15 days!

please HELP!!

thanks in advance!

If you want to be off of it in 15 days you better lower your dose quick or stop now. I stopped at less than 0.5mg a day and I'm on day four right now feeling better but still withdrawing, and if you look at my thread from today then you'll see that most of the feedback about suboxone withdrawal length isn't very positive.

^Agreed, that's going to be your biggest concern. I'd cut back at least 1mg and maybe more right away, because you want to be down to well under 1mg by the time you stop, and you never want to cut out over half of the dose either.

Status
Not open for further replies.