• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ and Megathread v.1; 2007 - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way.

When I go from from IV smack to IV bupe, I have to wait *AT LEAST* 18 hours before I start with the sub.

The process of switching from H to sub in total takes me FOUR DAYS - everytime.

Right now, is the first time I have felt "normal" since my last dose of smack. which was last Thursdy morning.

Going from h to sub twice in a day? Fuck that.

Thrice? LOL.

I'm talking from the point of view of someone that wants to recover/be clean. When you get down to the lower doses, sub stops holding you as well - and their tends to be a much greater risk of using. When I'm on higher doses, the thought of using just kind of evaporates from my head - as I know from experiance it won't work.

As soon as I get to below 4mgs I start fantasing/feinding gain - as its not hold ing me as well, and I know that if I was to use then it would work.

This is EXACTLY where I'm at at the moment ... I mean ,it might as well have been me typing that with the exception that by taking a few trams and some low benzo doses along with 2-4mgs Bupre won't leave me fiending for H ,but yeah , that is spot on ... and to that guy who is expecting somehow not to withdrawal after having used sub for 2 days or whatever , it simply depends on how frequently and for how long etc etc you've been using H or similar opiates ...be prepared to enter withdrawal central once you run out of Sub ........

You guys must be high right now because you must not have read correctly, so hear you go stay with me. I used H on and off for a few months(a baby habit) recently I decided im done with the bullshit run around everyday I stopped cold turkey for two days.(you still with me here)
In that two days I had all the normal W/D. At about two and a half days in I did what I said with the suboxone. So here it is going on day four I took half the dose of suboxone today than i did yesterday and im gunna take the last piece in the morning so in total it will be five days without h and three days on the suboxone when im done witch will be wednesday. My question was after that will there be any more W/D sym?[now do you understand[/B]

^Everyone is saying that probably you will. I agree that you probably will.

I just dont understand that if there is no more h in my blood at all and im only taking a total of 8mg of the sobox how would you W/D especialy after five days of no h dosnt make sense to me this means that after taking one soboxone your addicted?

Last edited:
^Because you're looking at as taking two different drugs when really, you replaced one opiate with another. Five days of no H, maybe, but you took Suboxone instead the past few days. The addiction doesn't just go away with Suboxone; most people use it to taper down to a small amount like 0.5mg and drop off from there.

We don't know for sure what will happen to you, but you likely are not completely out of the woods yet. Keeping your Suboxone dose really low may allow you do a quick taper that is relatively less painful, even with only a few mg. It's really powerful stuff; like I said, most people drop off from the 0.5mg point.

Hey I was just lurking a little and I came across this post....so I'm not sure how much H you were doing but I know from my experiences that acute w/d lasts 4 to 5 days anyways, bupe or not and long term you'll be achy and restlless for like a month. (That is, if you were using a substantial quantity anyway..) If I go on a nice run and then decide to lay off/ taper than I usually take like 24 mg of sub for a few days and start cutting back til about 2 weeks later, cuz the generally accepted cut off for bupe dependency/ w/ds is like 20 days...so just hang in there if you're 5 days deep you're out of the bushes anyways..

and actually, as an addendum, IVing bupe is actually less effective than sublingual. B/c off absorption rates and such, the naloxone tends to block even the agonist. Naloxone doesn't absorb at all sublingual but it's efficacy is huge when IV'd. So put em under yr tongue, you'll be fine.

I just dont understand that if there is no more h in my blood at all

It has FUCK ALL to do with the amount of "H in your blood". Its all to do with brain chemistry.

Your brain will still freak out when you do not put some form of artificial opiate into it.

Right now, I could give a clean piss test for heroin. But if I was to stop taking my Subutex - after a while it will run out and my brain will go spastic - causing WD.

help with suboxone doctor and psychologist because of pot

I am making this thread cuz i want to know what other people have encountered. i have been on Suboxone for the Month or so maybe a month n a half or so. MY suboxone dr. is a general practitioner and he told me that i shouldnt be smoking pot but ultimatly that was something i would eventually need to take up with my psychologist.

i first met this psychologist last week n today was my second meeting.on the first visit i was completly honest about the fact that i also smoked pot n that i had been a habitual pot user long before i ever used opiates n that i had been using pot for about 6-7 years.

i thought we were on the same page n today when i went in i told him that i had smoked pot since our last visit but only a few occasions when i was done with my school and school work for the day when i was going to relax for the evening and on the weekend while watching the games. and then he asked if i intended to give up smoking pot

of course i said no and he basically said he would no longer see me because he "wasnt going to be a part of what i was doing" i stayed the rest of the hour n tried to argue with him but he was a complete deuche. i dont want to make this longer then it already is so i will elaborate if people start chiming in and we get a good dialectic going but i dont want to bore people any more

so my question is. has anybody out there had or been in a similar situation? did you quit smoking pot? i intend on getting a new psych but is this niave of me to think some psych would have a more rational view on marijuana? or is it going to be difficult to find such a psych? also who out there thinks i should just stop smoking? i dont want to and i dont feel marijuana use negatives necessarily out-weigh the positives.

any input would be greatly appreciated thanks

P.S. mods i kinda wanted to post a second thread n cannabis discussion but i thought better of it. is there any way ya'll could double post it in CD but technically not have a double thread? thanks either way.

This equates to complete ignorance. I have been in three seperate opiate treatment programs and all three of them had no policy against using marijuana. They did UA's and such for every other kind of "street drug", but not one of the three even tested for marijuana. Why? Because it is a benign substance. For some people it is even beneficial.

I'm sorry that you are being discriminated against because you choose to use marijuana. I really wish the world wasn't so damn ignorant about pot. Unfortuantely there are a lot of idiots with a lot of power....

Fucking Texas. They'd never be able to pull that shit off in the Pacific NW.

I would leave them a message and ask if they thought that they were serving your health better by refusing to treat you when you are acknowledging that you need their help. If there was nothing discussed initially in regard to whether they had a no-drugs-at-freakin'-all policy either written or verbal, they have no moral justification in what they did to you.

Can you contact NORML and perhaps use their help in finding assitance for your addiction from those who would not lump marijuana in with it?

I'm really sorry this happened to you. It's totally fucked.

Lung: so you have been in treatment programs that were totally koolwith MJ? my sub dr. was kind of a dick and told me that i should quit smoking pot because it wasnt good for me but he was atleast kool enough to say that ultimatly that was something that me and my psych would decide. My sub dr. has found weed in my piss before n he was ok with it. but this psych was just set in his ways n that if i was going to continue to use pot he would have no part of it.

Funny that you said that lollerskater cuz that was my first idea and actually part of my argument with him. he said no psychologists would agree with me n i told him that there are psychologist n psychiatrist that belong to NORML or MPP and shit like that who would have a more rational view and his reply to that was a very sarcastic "well why dnt you go see them"

This equates to complete ignorance. I have been in three seperate opiate treatment programs and all three of them had no policy against using marijuana. They did UA's and such for every other kind of "street drug", but not one of the three even tested for marijuana. Why? Because it is a benign substance. For some people it is even beneficial.

I'm sorry that you are being discriminated against because you choose to use marijuana. I really wish the world wasn't so damn ignorant about pot. Unfortuantely there are a lot of idiots with a lot of power....

same here.

op, you gotta find another doctor who isnt ignorant.

Lung: so you have been in treatment programs that were totally koolwith MJ? my sub dr. was kind of a dick and told me that i should quit smoking pot because it wasnt good for me but he was atleast kool enough to say that ultimatly that was something that me and my psych would decide. My sub dr. has found weed in my piss before n he was ok with it. but this psych was just set in his ways n that if i was going to continue to use pot he would have no part of it.

Funny that you said that lollerskater cuz that was my first idea and actually part of my argument with him. he said no psychologists would agree with me n i told him that there are psychologist n psychiatrist that belong to NORML or MPP and shit like that who would have a more rational view and his reply to that was a very sarcastic "well why dnt you go see them"

your psychologist sounds like a C**T

the more i hear about it the more angry i get

i think the best advice i can give u is tell this psychologist to fuck off . he doesnt deserve to help u man . u have been very honest with him and he is trying to play god and control u.

get a better psychologist - i have seen several psychiatrists and one psychologist - they were all cool with me using (even tho one of em grassed me up to the authorities when questioned) -

but none of them ever refused to prescribe - including the general practitioners . they all tried to help me

after u have told this asshole to get bent and got urself a better psych.

i would suggest having this psychologist taken the fuck out of the game (permanently)

im sorry to hear you have had this grief as well. dont stop smoking cannabis - ur main priority is staying off the opiates. use cannabis and bupe - no problem IMO

ok im done ranting now.

peace

the worst part about it is that he has gotten me soooo worked up that i want to use sooooooo bad but i dont have any money

but i do have my pot and that will suffice

the worst part about it is that he has gotten me soooo worked up that i want to use sooooooo bad but i dont have any money

but i do have my pot and that will suffice

cool smoke and enjoy - fuck the psychologist i hope he gets aids

I have been on subutex for about 6 months now and my doc is completely fine with me smoking since i've been so upfront and honest about it since the beginning
in the beg. when i first started going there and was still getting drug tested i would always tell him that pot will always show up. I have stomach ulcers and pot really does help ease the pain, without it i can't hold any food down, let alone have an appetite.

he's been really cool about it, but i've also havent failed for anything else other than that since the second drug screen. he no longer drug screens me

i think your psych is just completely ignorant. it's fucking ridiculous that he dropped you saying "hes not going to be apart of that"... apart of what? its not like hes smoking with you....or partaking in anything illegal. Sorry to see that you're in that situation.

will your doc not see you if you don't go to a psych?

i would try to look around for another doc or psych. they're hard to find but there is some decent ones out there.

When you finally do find another psychologist I recommend you write the old one a letter saying you have found one that supported your use. Also that even if you are smoking pot it is better than pot + heroin because you couldn't get on sub maintenance.

Be even more of a rub in his face if you could get the psych to write the letter for you.

as far what he is refering to when he says "not going to be a part of it"

he explained to me that he has seen too many people who try to continue using a certain drug while trying to quit another and it just doesnt work n that he wont be a part of an inevitable failure. that was basically the jist of his arguement.

but when i asked if it would be a big deal if i took up smoking cigarettes while trying to quit opiates he gave me the speal about not having a problem with that because it was legal and i proceeded to tell him his arguement was flawed but needless to say i didnt get very far

i did force him to sit there and debate me for the duration of my session that i payed for. he wanted me out pretty quickly but i said im gettin my fuckin moneys worth. then he told me he wouldnt charge me but i said fuck it, you are gonna get a piece of my mind

either find a new psychologist or quit the ganja buddy, thats all youre really left with doing. im glad i have a doctor who has no problems with me smoking weed:)

you seem to be getting the same kind of responses so ill go ahead and shift this into the bupe mega thread now.

ps - it sounds like youre talking to a brick wall, so i would definitely find someone else to help you out. youre wasting your time with him, hes not going to budge with his decision

Status
Not open for further replies.