• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Smoking Heroin Megathread v. Like Chasing a Dragon

The dude who sells me dope shoots H into his ankles and feet just so there won't be any marks on his arms. He says it's more difficult to hit but he's gotten good at it.

As far as how long it takes before someone takes up the needle, that depends on the individual. I know one lady who had a decades long addiction to H and still smoked it. I also know one guy who started H with the IV ROA, so it all depends...

Its possible to shoot in your feet and ankles but I dont believe any serious addict is going to be able to maintain that for very long. My friend got to where the only place he could shoot was the vein next to his penis, so he would have to drop his pants every time we used, which I always found hilarious but no one else seemed to see the humor in.

Hmmm.. thanks. I'm just wondering now if maybe him being on suboxone this whole time explains his "high-like" behavior. I always thought suboxone doesn't really get you "high" or wasn't as euphoric. I don't know. I guess my concern is that we've been assuming that he's relapsed and has just been lying. But could he just be on the suboxone and just high that way? He was acting pretty weird when I met him, telling all these weird stories and talking nonstop. He also wasn't making too much sense and we kind of dismissed him but he got really persistent trying to "convince us". My friend told him that I thought he was high and he obviously got really upset, but then thought we were drunk at the club.... and we weren't... so she doesn't think he even remembered meeting me. He was only there for a little bit since she felt really uncomfortable since he was at her job so kind of just kicked him out.

He does take xanax too though so err.

lol you can totally get high on xanax and suboxone, in fact xanax sounds much more likely to produce the behavior you are describing than opiates.

Our of curiosity, why does his ROA matter? Heroin use is heroin use, regardless of how it gets in your system...

She thinks he's less likely to OD smoking it, which is actually most likely true.

Yeah, now that I'm thinking about it... he could just be high on xanax and suboxone. It just sucks because I want to support my friend by giving her hope but at the same time I don't because I don't want her to get hurt (and I feel like she will since he's not honest at all about anything). I don't want to play "drug detective" all the time. If he's addicted to benzos too though and acting "under the influence" in public well, then, we've got a whole nother problem. (I wonder if that's why he doesn't want to drink o_O.. :suspicious:..)

sorry, haven't read all the other posts, so maybe this is redundant.. But anyway, I know loads of people who just smoke it and have done so for a long time. Not everyone injects it, not by a long shot. Certainly IV is a very popular route for heroin, but it's by no means the only ROA.

I think there is more at play here than just drug use. That is merely a symptom of the problem. Maybe this guy isn't right for her. If he is perpetually not honest, comes to her job high(which will put her livelihood in jeopardy), borrows money that he never pays back...routinely disapears for days without calling...I mean shit he is walking around with a pipe in his pocket! The bigger picture here is your friend may need to work on her self esteem and find someone that will treat her a little better.

Most people who switch to IV do so because they want a more intense high, or they want to conserve money. (It takes less to get high IV, but usually they just end up doing more so it doesn't save much). Once someone crosses the line to needles though they usually don't go back to other ROAs.

Tiny pupils are definitely opiates. But the behavior at her work sounds more like someone on too much Xanax/benzos. He could be passing drug tests all sorts of ways, as they are given by his parents. (Using someone else's urine, etc). I was on state parole and passed urines by using fentanyl instead of other opiates. Depending on the test, it may not test for everything. For instance a 5 panel test will show heroin but not oxy.

Regardless, he doesn't sound like someone who you'd want your friend to date

Carrying a pipe in your pocket because you have good memories with it is about the dumbest thing i've ever heard. The only reason he carries it around is bc he is using it! Why on earth would someone risk getting caught with a pipe if they arent using it? My boyfriend and i have some pretty good memories using my vibrator too but i don't carry it around in my pocket ! Lol. Come on now do honestly believe someone would carry around o paraphernalia that could get them in alot of trouble for no reason?

I think there is more at play here than just drug use. That is merely a symptom of the problem. Maybe this guy isn't right for her. If he is perpetually not honest, comes to her job high(which will put her livelihood in jeopardy), borrows money that he never pays back...routinely disapears for days without calling...I mean shit he is walking around with a pipe in his pocket! The bigger picture here is your friend may need to work on her self esteem and find someone that will treat her a little better.

Exactly. She already knows this guy is using heroin, and she gave him money that he probably just used to buy heroin with claiming he was buying suboxone.

Carrying a pipe in your pocket because you have good memories with it is about the dumbest thing i've ever heard. The only reason he carries it around is bc he is using it! Why on earth would someone risk getting caught with a pipe if they arent using it? My boyfriend and i have some pretty good memories using my vibrator too but i don't carry it around in my pocket ! Lol. Come on now do honestly believe someone would carry around o paraphernalia that could get them in alot of trouble for no reason?
LOL the comment about the vibrator is hilarious. Yeah this guy is smoking heroin and probably either shooting it or will get into IV use eventually as most people who use heroin do.

When I used to smoke herb I would get stoned but I would never carry around pipes, etc. in public or always keep them in a vehicle like my friends did since you're just asking to get caught with paraphernalia.

So I've been reading a bunch of posts about heroin and everyone shoots it up, right?

Whether people are smoking or snorting depends more on where you are in the world. I think more people use these two methods than shooting up. Many people end up shooting up after being around it long enough, but majority of people don't start out by shooting.

Yeah. :/ I agree with you guys. Thank you. He's been denying the heroin so maybe he is just using benzos and suboxone. But because he lies nonstop... I don't think they even have a fighting chance. She's trying to set up a meet to talk to him but he's scared she's going to break up with him. But she really wants to talk to him for at least some closure....

Yeah. :/ I agree with you guys. Thank you. He's been denying the heroin so maybe he is just using benzos and suboxone. But because he lies nonstop... I don't think they even have a fighting chance. She's trying to set up a meet to talk to him but he's scared she's going to break up with him. But she really wants to talk to him for at least some closure....

Can't she just call him on the phone and tell him something like, "Look I know you are using heroin and I care for you so either get actually clean/sober, or I'll break up with you."?

I know plenty of people that have smoked it for decades and never touched a needle. That being said, I've yet to see one good thing come of someone actively addicted to dope being in a relationship. And, if he needs suboxone, chances are he fits that profile. YMMV.

I mean it is possible you could use hundreds of dollars to buy suboxone- can't quite get into price here but a months supply at one a day around here would cost several hundreds of dollars a month. Also, xanax addiction is probably harder to kick (don't know how often he uses and it does take a little longer to become dependant, it seems like to me (I have never had a benzo dependency when not RXed them and have used them a few days in a row- with dope if I used it 3 or 4 days straight, having a prior dependence, I would at least have some WD symptoms). Because of its reputation everyone thinks heroin is the "most addictive drug" but everyone here says benzo WD is far worse than opioid WD (other than maybe fentanyl which is absolute hell IMHO).

As people said above there are other problems at play. I am an opioid addict and currently on bupe. My wife is not. I never lied to her or disappeared for days. If I needed money for dope I was honest about it and we share money. I do use IV and she is aware of that and I have been tested and do have hep but not HIV and we take precautions.

As far as "can someone just smoke it"- Yes. A lot of people do end up going to the needle though because it is more efficient/less drug wasted. If someone was wealthy I would think it is quite likely they could just smoke it b/c waste wouldn't be a big deal to them- but if not then it is possible they decide "I don't want to waste anymore!" But tolerance usually just rises in the end. Like I used fent last spring b/c it was cheaper for me than heroin, but the fent habit just got bigger. I can't say I wouldn't use again but I would just use dope instead of fent if I did again- fent WD is an absolute nightmare.

I mean it is possible you could use hundreds of dollars to buy suboxone- can't quite get into price here but a months supply at one a day around here would cost several hundreds of dollars a month. Also, xanax addiction is probably harder to kick (don't know how often he uses and it does take a little longer to become dependant, it seems like to me (I have never had a benzo dependency when not RXed them and have used them a few days in a row- with dope if I used it 3 or 4 days straight, having a prior dependence, I would at least have some WD symptoms). Because of its reputation everyone thinks heroin is the "most addictive drug" but everyone here says benzo WD is far worse than opioid WD (other than maybe fentanyl which is absolute hell IMHO).

As people said above there are other problems at play. I am an opioid addict and currently on bupe. My wife is not. I never lied to her or disappeared for days. If I needed money for dope I was honest about it and we share money. I do use IV and she is aware of that and I have been tested and do have hep but not HIV and we take precautions.

As far as "can someone just smoke it"- Yes. A lot of people do end up going to the needle though because it is more efficient/less drug wasted. If someone was wealthy I would think it is quite likely they could just smoke it b/c waste wouldn't be a big deal to them- but if not then it is possible they decide "I don't want to waste anymore!" But tolerance usually just rises in the end. Like I used fent last spring b/c it was cheaper for me than heroin, but the fent habit just got bigger. I can't say I wouldn't use again but I would just use dope instead of fent if I did again- fent WD is an absolute nightmare.

Yes, he carries the pipe cos he uses it. And you and your friend know this hence the suspicion and your instinct. Sadly compulsive lying is a junkie trait and even after getting clean it can be hard to tell the truth because it used to be so automatic to answer any and all questions. It's the lies that I used to find soul destroying especially lying to your partner or close friends and family, it just gets so wearing, cos they know you're using and you know that they know and vice versa but you lie anyway, and with every lie in that situation the user loses more and more respect from those around them.

He lies because he is ashamed.

Thanks for all your responses guys! <3 & yeah, the benzo thing is a huge issue especially since he's out in public or worse, at her work, making a scene. I hope he comes clean (as in tells the truth) so she can have some closure or at least make an informed decision.

Can't she just call him on the phone and tell him something like, "Look I know you are using heroin and I care for you so either get actually clean/sober, or I'll break up with you."?

She told him that but he got all mad at her like, how can you think that I would use again? That's so crazy. You don't trust me. I'm trying so hard to stay sober and you just yell at me. -___- and then he'll ignore her for a bit and then text her crap like, "I miss you".

Andd.. another issue is that she told him if she finds out that he has been using heroin, that she'll cut him out of her life forever... So a little bit harsh and now I don't think he'll ever admit to anything.

I usually use a long piece of tin foil, a bic lighter (recently switched to using a zippo because I kept burning my thumb on a bic's fly wheel), a metal batty that's made for weed as my straw, and that's it. I hold the flame in inch below the foil so that the powder/gear melts into a deep-red liquid, and I angle the foil so that it runs downward and I have to "chase" it with my batty. I often see tiny little bubbles in the liquid gear while chasing it, and it does leave a line if residue. It also lets odd a very visible white vapor which is what I suck into the batty, and it takes 100-150mg to get me nodding currently.

However, I just read that the visible vapor is wasted gear and heroin is wasted very easily and it's extremely easy to use too much heat, which will be evident by visible vapor. It then said that I shouldn't be aiming for sucking in this visible vapor, but that it should be letting off an invisible vapor instead if I use the right amount of heat. Is this true? Because if so I've been wasting so much gear every time I smoke. :(

It does sound like your heating your gear up a slightly to much. Your technique sounds about right, so just hold the lighter a little further away and don't let the gear bubble up. As long as your gears moving along the foil it's good to inhale, you don't need to be able to see the vapor. Also a toot/pipe made of foil is best for sucking up the vapor as you can simply unroll it after you've finished and smoke the residue directly off it. If your not already addicted then please be careful, don't use everyday as it will quickly take over your life. Hope this helps.