• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Smoking Heroin Megathread v. Like Chasing a Dragon

If it's highly soluble, it's a salt - snort it. If it's freebase, mix with an equal weight of caffeine and smoke. Do NOT use pins with white heroin as all to often it's cut fentanyl and you might have got a strong bag - so never alone, never without naloxone.

This might be a dumb question, but why would you do that? (I'm curious as I haven't heard of that before.)
It has to do with caffeine vaping at a higher (?or lower temp) allowing it to run better and smoke slower. That is with 100% pure caffeine not caffeine pills filled with binders and fillers.

Real simple.. Snort it. When you live in PHX and all you can get is black, I wish I had China white.

why must it be snorted? Without converting it from like it's current salt state to like heroin freebase, which would be a whole lot of work to do just to smoke heroin...

I hear people one west coast complain they can only get tar and he can get white class A and he wants to smoke. Well maybe he is onto something cause I am curious if you can vape it but I don't know how it compares to snort or iv or im. Like efficiency. Or absorb action rate.

Sorry also I've seen black tar once and heard about it on west coast. If you get a middle man I'm sure it can be found. I also heard stories shooting that is more dangerous but I've heard of pure bags of white knocking people out instantly.

So I've been reading a bunch of posts about heroin and everyone shoots it up, right? What are the chances someone is just smoking it? Or refuses to shoot it up? How long were you smoking it before you started shooting it up? How did you make the transition? (especially if you HATE needles).

My friend is dating this guy who does heroin. He's not very forthcoming about his addiction, but he's showing all the signs. My friend also found a pipe in his pocket and he's admitted to previous use, just not current use. He supposedly just carries it around because he has this wonderful memory with this pipe. o_O. He also says he hates needles so would never shoot up. He's even borrowed a couple hundred bucks from my friend to buy suboxone for his "withdrawals". She asked for proof that he purchased this suboxone and he sent her the suboxone label with some random white pills. It just seems shady and she doesn't know what to believe.

I mean, I still only smoke heroin, and I know friends who smoked heroin for years. It isn't entirely unlikely that he only smokes it too.

There's no way we can tell you what the chances are that he's shooting up, especially not with the information provided. The easiest way to tell is to look for track marks on his arms.

And not everyone shoots heron, in some parts of the world smoking is the most common method. Different types of heroin are used in different ways, for example the number 4 heroin we have here in the midwestern USA can't be smoked easily, so we sniff it or shoot it. Heroin #3 from what I understand is more commonly smoked. Personally I started shooting up about 8 months after I started using heroin. I have never tried smoking heroin.

Why do you how he is using it?

Mhmm, that's a bit comforting to know. Well, he's admitted to previous use and his parents regularly drug test him. He's supposedly been testing clean.

But sometimes he'll go days without responding to my friend via phone. He always has weird crazy stories of what happened, like car died, phone got stolen, etc. He always can't make dates because something else weird happens like he needs to wrap christmas presents all day. He had a pipe in his pocket which he explained that the reason why he carries it around is because he has good memories or something like that. Which is kind of strange? But the biggest thing was he actually showed up to my friend's workplace, high.

I just met him that one time and the first thing I noticed was his pinned pupils (at night time). I mean, like TINY. And he was acting a bit weird, like socially awkward and kind of just strange but I wasn't going to judge since I just met him. But my friend started crying and saying that he normally doesn't act like that at all.... and I was kind of like, yeah, he seemed... off.. o__O She's scared he's going to OD but I told her that I don't think you can by just smoking it... He also told her that it's not possible for him to OD and that "no one can tell when he's high". But of course when confronted, he denied everything. He also hangs out downtown, where there's a lot of heroin and crack addicts.

Yep you gotta look for tracks. And there's no way of knowing what else he might be using that pipe for, depending on what kind of pipe it is.

She's scared he's going to OD but I told her that I don't think you can by just smoking it... He also told her that it's not possible for him to OD and that "no one can tell when he's high". .

Uh....yeah, you can definitely OD from heroin from smoking it or snorting it.

I've never heard of anyone smoking heroin from a pipe, though I suppose a typical crack/meth pipe, which is more of a vaporizer would work for it. It's not common though. Foil and a means of inhaling the smoke (like a pen tube) are more common. Then again, here in East Coast heroin powder land, smoking it isn't common period. Not sure where you're from, but if you're in tar heroin land, then I could see a crack pipe being effective I guess.

IV use absolutely carries additional health hazards and dangers vs non-IV use of heroin, but, a non-IV dope habit is still very serious, and pretty dangerous. Heroin is a damn dangerous drug to play with.

Yeah I agree, track marks are the biggest dead giveaway he's shooting, but smoking it, his pipe should have a screen or foil , ya know something so the dope doesn't fall thru. And I've never seen white suboxone before unless they're temgesic pills? maybe he snorts heroin and uses his memory pipe for Crack or actually does try and smoke heroin out of it. Another side note, suboxone on the street don't cost hundreds of dollars. I sell mine for ya know reasonable prices and I don't make hundreds from it haha. Sorry this must be tough but maybe have a casual talk about it one day while he's present and see how his reactions are, don't accuse him just maybe bring up something you've heard recently about heroin, idk, hope this helps, being there for your friend is the best thing you can do for now

suboxone can shrink your pupils for sure and IV is definitely much riskier than smoking in terms of OD risk.

The dude who sells me dope shoots H into his ankles and feet just so there won't be any marks on his arms. He says it's more difficult to hit but he's gotten good at it.

As far as how long it takes before someone takes up the needle, that depends on the individual. I know one lady who had a decades long addiction to H and still smoked it. I also know one guy who started H with the IV ROA, so it all depends...

IV use is definitely substantially more dangerous, but to be perfectly honest, it's pretty easy to OD on dope snorting of sniffing it, too. If you're used to typical potency street H and get some fentanyl laced stuff, or even just some particularly good, pure shit, it's not that hard to OD from other routes of administration besides IV. It's pretty common among complacent junkies; ie, 'I've been sniffing bags of this shit for years and haven't every OD'd, I'll be fine, pussy'. LOL

This danger is exponentially increased when H is combined with other sedatives - alcohol and benzos are the usual culprits.

Not trying to overly alarm you and your friend, just saying - a dope habit is bad news whether he's shooting it or sniffing it or smoking it or sticking it up his butt. Trust me.

Hmmm.. thanks. I'm just wondering now if maybe him being on suboxone this whole time explains his "high-like" behavior. I always thought suboxone doesn't really get you "high" or wasn't as euphoric. I don't know. I guess my concern is that we've been assuming that he's relapsed and has just been lying. But could he just be on the suboxone and just high that way? He was acting pretty weird when I met him, telling all these weird stories and talking nonstop. He also wasn't making too much sense and we kind of dismissed him but he got really persistent trying to "convince us". My friend told him that I thought he was high and he obviously got really upset, but then thought we were drunk at the club.... and we weren't... so she doesn't think he even remembered meeting me. He was only there for a little bit since she felt really uncomfortable since he was at her job so kind of just kicked him out.

He does take xanax too though so err.