• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Smoking Heroin Megathread v. Like Chasing a Dragon

Smoking hits fast and quick, just like parenteral administration (IV - IM - SC), with a high bioavailability relative to oral administration or insufflation. With smoking you have the added benefit of being able to monitor and control your intake and your level of intoxication. You can take small hits, big hits, several hits, only a couple of hits, whatever. This makes those who smoke their dope much less likely to overdose compared to IV use. The user might end up passing out before they can smoke enough to OD, but I'm not saying it's impossible to OD with this ROA.

IV on the other hand... For me typically, it would be eyeballing, guesstimating a random amount of powder in a McDonalds bathroom throwing it in the spoon, prepping it and shooting it; all as fast as I could due to paranoia - fear of getting caught. The entire shot hits you at once basically, within seconds and there's no adjusting the dosage in this case. You will get no more and no less of what you put in the spoon, making you more likely to do too much and worst case scenario, to lethally overdose.

IV administration of Opioids is obviously an amazing and gratifying experience, but it can also be terrifying. Getting higher and higher second by second, knowing that you have done too much, but only having about 30 seconds to do anything about it. It's like the lights going dimmer and dimmer and finally going off. I've woken up every time, sure, but all I can say is that it's a serious gamble, IV Heroin.

I guess I'm rambling, feeling good right now, so, case in point, smoking is a safer route of administration than IV due to the ability to titrate to the appropriate dosage more easily.

So you mean shooting heroin = an unproductive but happy life or shooting heroin = a productive but sad life?

IV administration of Opioids is obviously an amazing and gratifying experience, but it can also be terrifying. Getting higher and higher second by second, knowing that you have done too much, but only having about 30 seconds to do anything about it. It's like the lights going dimmer and dimmer and finally going off. I've woken up every time, sure, but all I can say is that it's a serious gamble, IV Heroin.

Been there, but can't remember having even those 30 seconds then. 8(

They are completely different. First of all, smoking it is completely wasteful, you have to have a really good technique, and even then I can't imagine it touching IV in terms of BA. Also, while smoking heroin and other drugs supposedly does allow the substance to reach your brain faster, you can only inhale so much at a time, so you'll never get the same rush as you will with IV, where within 10 seconds or less the drug reaches your brain, and all of it reaches your brain. This is why IV is way more dangerous and addictive. I've tried smoking heroin several times when my veins were real shot, and it didn't do shit to me, at that point in time I would have rather muscled the heroin any day and risked an abscess then smoking it which seemed like a complete waste.

Now if you have heroin base, I imagine things would be different.

I'm not a big fan of using foil to chase the dragon...it just feels uck AND I always think I'm wasting a ton of dope. When I don't get a lot to begin with, watching it go up in the air sucks..big time. Any way. When I first started using I searched bluelight for the best technique and not once did I ever come across this new technique I just learned with this tool called the Nectar Collector! It's great! You just press the tar down in the little glass dish and then heat the glass tube up and then smoke it like you would a dab! it's great. Well..this was really just a public service announcement. I can't be the only one who hates smoking off tin foil.

Have a great night all.

I know its a 2 year old thread but i have thing to say about smoking vs snorting vs Injecting.
First the Bio-availability: Injecting > Smoking > Snorting ( depend of purity and of moisture)
2nd the Onset: Smoking > Injecting > Snorting (But you can't take the same dose as fast when smoking as when injecting)
Heroin Base mixed with caffeine is easily smokeable, And for the rush when injecting it depend of the heroin some are really euphoric and other do not do a rush

You've obviously never injected... Injected will hit first as it's a direct addition to the blood.

^ That. It doesn't get faster than IV without some really crazy neurological experiments

Smoking is vey close-if an opioid naive person inhaled a proper dose, in couple of tokes they can still get an effective dose in less than 5 minutes ( it could be like 10mg diamorphine, certainly active) and it allows actual diamorphine and MAM I into the bloodstream rapidly, which is what you want, since they basically deliver morphine directly and almost immediately into the CNS
The big difference with IV is that, if your crazy, and have a dependency you can inject a large dose, and if it's good H you get basically a massive dose of morphine into the brain seconds after injecting , and unlike heroin, morphine cannot easily leave the CNS, due to much lower solubility-so instead the mimicked must gradually exit back into circulation-in the mean time, each baby morphine molecule will attach to an opioid receptor, mostly Mu receptors, activate them for several seconds, then detach- and then only some of the molecules make it out through the BBB- the remainder basically bounce back, and find another receptor -this continues until most of the initial dose has escaped, and a modest amount is reentering, reaching a kind of equilibrium - the balance after the peak-however by this point, you have had so much Mu activation that you feel just... indescribable

Everything is better, you feel great, yet you feel nothing- in a matter of seconds your pupils constrict and you leap up from the rush, and likely a combination of the histamine release and minor anticholinergic effects of shooting just a bit too much - and then you move on in bliss until it's time to redose

Except your not invincible and one day, too much, could truly be too much-even if your able to get naloxone, there may be circulatory calapse - and the effects of opioid od are not

S
Smoking hits fast and quick, just like parenteral administration (IV - IM - SC), with a high bioavailability relative to oral administration or insufflation. With smoking you have the added benefit of being able to monitor and control your intake and your level of intoxication. You can take small hits, big hits, several hits, only a couple of hits, whatever. This makes those who smoke their dope much less likely to overdose compared to IV use. The user might end up passing out before they can smoke enough to OD, but I'm not saying it's impossible to OD with this ROA.

IV on the other hand... For me typically, it would be eyeballing, guesstimating a random amount of powder in a McDonalds bathroom throwing it in the spoon, prepping it and shooting it; all as fast as I could due to paranoia - fear of getting caught. The entire shot hits you at once basically, within seconds and there's no adjusting the dosage in this case. You will get no more and no less of what you put in the spoon, making you more likely to do too much and worst case scenario, to lethally overdose.

I guess I'm rambling, feeling good right now, so, case in point, smoking is a safer route of administration than IV due to the ability to titrate to the appropriate dosage more easily.

^ Agreed, and have been there, shooting morphine at the McDonald's, and then getting free food because I'm so happy people just gravitate towards me and were nice- and have felt doing a bit to much, and have passed out standing up (that was from a combo)

Anyway am rambling myself, however nothing can compare to parenteral administration in general, I would have likely went IM (or even SQ) before smoking if for some reason I couldn't IV -however I was reckless- point is, IV may be special, however smoking is the closest your gonna get, along with intramuscular-smoking is rapid and provides control, though you need good technique, as the BA is highly variable-ok rant over now wish everyone well :)

Hey there friends!

How long does it take after smoking heroin to feel the effects? I ask because I'm concerned I'll dose incorrectly. Ive only used to use IV but recently quit the needle, and have been smoking fentynal off of tin foil. Its hard for me to gauge and I'm afraid of using too much. Thanks!

I feel it pretty much instantly but very weakly, 5 seconds at most to start feeling it, but it takes a couple of minutes to build up to the peak.

Fent almost instantly. But like the previous poster said it will ramp up for a couple minutes after a hit.

It is my understanding that smoking heroin actually gets it into your system faster than shooting, but it is somewhat wasteful (this is debatable, depending on method) and it is hard or impossible to get as large of a dose at once as IV. (Note: I have no solid evidence of this being absolutely true at my immediate disposal)

Either way, it does take 2-3 minutes to take full effect, either IV or smoked. Although it is my opinion that the 'ramp-up' is faster with IV.

I posted one thread already, worded it weird so here we go again...
Sorry im new.
I got some yummy green heroin that im looking to get the most of. I want potent tokes because I always seem to get higher when my toke is bigger and I hold it longer, than when I take multiple shittier tokes.
I just want to get high enough to fall asleep, but with my tolerance these days thats impossible unless I somehow manage to smoke the whole point in one hit... yknow?

Wait, it has now changed from green fentanyl to green heroin?

I'd be hesitant to offer advice here because I'm concerned that it's really fentanyl (it's green) and you were getting appropriate responses about smoking fentanyl in the other thread.

Hello guys I want to try smoking heroine for the first time. I’m pretty experienced with Opioids but I have no tolerance atm.
Which dosage would you recommend for the first time? (in mg)
I have snorted it in the past but now I want to try smoking it. But I’m relatively inexperienced with it in general.

Yeah, incredibly tiny amounts at first, especially with no tolerance and the prevalence of fentanyl.

Ok I have a question as I'm in several drug "meme" groups on facebook that are more or less just people showing off their drugs. I see a lot of people posting fent 30s and they smoke them usually. I use heroin on a daily basis, white/tan/light brown powder, with no fentanyl. I used to use IV but kicked the habit and cant do it for several reasons, no transportation to the exchanges I only have one dull ass rig, and I can't register for shit, I used to be able to hit my arms like nothing, I thought it was because of misses I couldn't do it, but the last times I tried I feel the vein pop and nothing draws in, the doctors can seem to draw blood there, so I know it's not collapsed. Scar tissue maybe? Irregardless, I'm not a pro at shooting up, I picked it up out of necessity, used to have an easy time but all of the sudden I cant hit no more like I lost the magic touch, and cant even register in the very pronounced veins in my hands and feet, so I dont think shooting is ever gonnabe a viable option for me, sadly, i miss the rush lol. So I've been snorting, and I've been able to get high this way typically if I'm trying to binge to do so, now I gotta ration until I get a regular job again and I have more money than what I struggle to bring in to stay afloat, needless to say I use subs as a backup but I always end up precipitated using them and by the time I get well, I'm already got money for dope, and cant get high, which pisses me off, but I cannot stand being sick, especially that precipitated BS. So I'm wondering, is smoking a more effective ROA than snorting? I know typically it's done with BTH and the one time someone sold me BTH which I was PISSED about, it didn't do anything for me at all, but what about the #4? I see people smoking white fentanyl and fentanyl pills so obviously theres something appealing? Is there a rush like with IV? Or do I have to attempt the cringeworthy boof? I've heard snorting you only get about 10% of the product used, but smoking it destroys a lot, so is it about equal? Am I better off keeping up with snorting, or do I have a better chance to get high or at least a rush if I smoke? Appreciate it guys! (PS, I've been using for about 3 and a half years, always IV or insufflation though, never gave smoking or booting a real shot so I'm wondering what people think who've done all 4 ROAs, I feel like when I snort a lot of it goes down my throat and therefore is ingested and therefore really wasted anyways, any tips to get the most from my money is appreciated, as it's a struggle to stay good, my habit represents both my girl and I and shes the only one with an income atm, I'm preparing to inevitably have to go back on the subs for a bit, find a job, and get ahead a bit, but until I find one, here I am bored as hell haha.

Wait, it has now changed from green fentanyl to green heroin?

I'd be hesitant to offer advice here because I'm concerned that it's really fentanyl (it's green) and you were getting appropriate responses about smoking fentanyl in the other thread.
Sorry I should have clarified that its actually fetanyl... You can't really find Heroin where I live. Fenny is just the norm here.