• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Smoking Heroin Megathread v. Like Chasing a Dragon

Sounds like your doing it right to me. I use to do the same for about 6 months a couple years ago. Just remember you wanna get all the smoke that comes off the foil so any that you don't get into your "batty" is wasted. If you light it slower making the smoke come up slower it makes it easier to catch it all. Plus you can pull up the sides of the foul making it into a boat like shape and tilt it downward having the higher side closest to you and the "batty" on that side. Having it in that shape and tilted down will cause the smoke too rise along the fold right into your "straw"

Hi guys,

I just bought a bag of heroin in a western european country and although i have done drugs before, i have never done street drugs so I am a little lost when it comes to the dosage. Can you guys help me out? and please don't tell me 5mg because I have no way of weighting it. It is my first time smoking heroin btw and it looks to be no 3.

Eyes just eyeball a bump or two, throw it on foil, and smoke away. Just stop when you feel that you've had enough, it's pretty hard to OD from smoking heroin, you're more likely to pass out before ODing (it's possible, just very hard).

Eyes just eyeball a bump or two, throw it on foil, and smoke away. Just stop when you feel that you've had enough, it's pretty hard to OD from smoking heroin, you're more likely to pass out before ODing (it's possible, just very hard).

Your advice is dangerous. How are you doing btw? Are you clean?

First, you should measure out a bump the size of a match head. Then you should separate it all into little bumps of the same size. Next, take it all and throw it in the toilet. If you've never touched Heroin....don't start now. It is a long, dark, dangerous road that will lead you nowhere but to misery and pain. Enjoy.

^^^agreed, dangerous advice. While it is NOT hard to OD by smoking heroin, it is easier to judge the high because smoking is the fastest ROA of them all. Most people think IV is, but it's not. Taking one hit, giving it a few minutes, then taking another if necessary is safer than the other options, but don't be fooled, it is easy enough to OD by smoking. Anyone that thinks differently needs to be very very careful and should do more research before taking such dangerous risks or dispensing potentially lethal advice.

Last edited:
Snort bumps every 30min, until you reach the nod, then enjoy ! Please tell me how it went. I tried smoking it but didnt get a lot of effects, its really hard to smoke it, you loose a lot...

Your advice is dangerous. How are you doing btw? Are you clean?
Yes, but not by choice. I explained what happened and why I went to rehab in another thread, but basically I'm under contract to be weekly drug tested for the next 5-6 weeks so I'll stay clean from opiates for that long. After I'm probably going to start using again.

Hi guys,

The more I hear that it's really dangerous the more I want to do it unfortunately. I guess I have this self-destructive urge.

But seriously now, how much of the 10 euro bag I bought, should I smoke? I am on vacation in the Netherlands and this is the only place I know where to get heroin from. When I go back to my home country I will have no access to H. Literally impossible to get in my town. Reading that H addiction is largely dependent on the environment, and that changing it can stifle an emerging addiction I am betting on not continuing to do it one I return to my normal life in my home country.

Edit: Also, thank you very much for warning me!

I don't know how much in weight your bag is, but when smoking your better off putting about 100mg on the foil, if you put too little on it'll just burn and you'll waste it. For what you paid I'd guess that's the whole bag. That doesn't mean you have to smoke it all at once. Get a strip of foil about 15cm long, but the H at one end on a pile. Heat it gently underneath, don't put the lighter too close. The H should turn into a dark brown/black liquid, follow the liquid with your foil pipe up and down the foil inhaling the vapor. If you can see lots of visible smoke then your overheating it. Take a break after every couple of lines, see how it effects you. You can still OD smoking. Be careful bro, it's a subtle buzz, but you will get addicted If you make a habit of it. Here's some links you might find helpful

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qRhrtCcbowE

http://www.heroinhelper.com/user/admin/smoke.shtml

The heroinhelper site is more for smoking tar, but it should help a bit

Just wanted to add the 100mg should last you a good few smokes, I'm not suggesting someone with no tolerance smokes 100mg in one go.

Last edited:
its basically impossible to overdose from smoking heroin, I've never heard of it happening, at least not from just heroin alone. You would get sick and dysphoric before you got to that point, that's why it's one of the safer ROA but at the same time one of the more ineffective unless your techniques impeccable.

So, like the site says, we can't really answer questions about like 'how much of 'x' substance will I need' type stuff. It says that because we aren't standing there. We don't know how much you have or how good it is (Although I'd imagine you probably get shit hooked up in the Netherlands). You can't really tell us about it either, having never done it or anything to compare it to. All I can say is if you've seriously never bought / done drugs on the street, well that's probably a lifestyle very different than whatever you've been used to in the past so be looking out, and probably consciously know that you're potentially making the decision now that will determine AN AWFUL LOT of the rest of your life.

Explanation:
Doing drugs, even if you aren't an addict or even a regular user, will change things about how you interact with the world around you. It'll change who you hang out with, the sort of people you date, the social functions that you go to, the parts of town that you spend your time in. Where before you had no interest in hanging out with people who did some cocaine now and then, for admittedly obvious reasons, well now it'll be 'Oh, he's a good dude, he just does some blow on the weekends,' etc. etc. etc... And once that pandora's box of recreational drug use has been opened, you will never close it. It's like when you're five and you walk in on your parents getting busy. You pretend to forget, it's not the FIRST thing you think when you see them... but you remember forever. Am I right? (Am I the only one who that's happened to? lol).

And heroin isn't exactly some smoking a joint gateway drug or anything, either. That's like, I'm a hardened drug user who has spent his ENTIRE LIFE if that lifestyle I was warning you about, and recently did some heroin. Now I'm not afraid of any drug, but even I had to stop and consciously be like 'Kody, you are damn-near fucking up as hard as you've fucked before,'... And I was fine. I'm not a heroin addict. I have no desire for it. I have heard all my life if you EVER touch heroin, you WILL be a fucking junkie. I'm not. In fact, I can smoke some heroin, get high for a day and not WANT it a couple hours later. I can, and do, successfully use heroin on a purely recreational basis. I represent probably the one-percentile of human beings who can do this. I have a strong willpower, I'm a very functional and responsible drug user. The wife and I are extremely hard headed, we keep each other grounded and have a good system of checks and balances between us. Most people can't do dark and not have the desire for more, and more until they're just junkies stealing to get high. Not lecturing, I just wanted you to be aware of those few aspects.

Now, you bought the shit, you're going to do it. I know that, these other guys know that, I don't know why they're wasting their time with 'oh, throw it away' stuff. That's what you should do, for sure. But you won't, in fact, I'm not sure how old this post is, but I'm sure you've already smoked it all and this post doesn't matter to anyone...

I Just wanted to say, it's absolutely NOT impossible, or even relatively difficult, to overdose smoking heroin. Marijuana, you can not OD on marijuana. Well, technically ANY substance can be a poison it's just a matter of dose, but the dose on pot would be such an astronomical amount, for all intents and purposes, you can't do it. Acid, you can't overdose on LSD. I have it saved somewhere, but I think the toxicity rate on LSD is like 50 million doses or some crazy shit. You're never going to 'accidently' drink 10,000 vials, it's just never going to happen.

Now, I know all these heroin addicts want to get on here and say you can't od smoking it, but I've had some scary times smoking it. And I have at least a moderate opiate tolerance. So for somebody to be like, 'shit, I shoot a quarter bag for breakfast, you can smoe that whole dime, no worries!' Well it's a little different when you dont do the shit often and it's REALLY different I'm sure for someone who has never done ANY DRUGS. Literally NOT ONE PERSON ON THIS SITE can honestly compare their used and abused lungs to mister OPs virgin lungs. No one can, not on Bluelight... It's kind of a interest/ hobby like site. We're all on here for some reason, right?

NowI do 30mil oxys often enough, usually snort or eat 20-25 mils at a dose. I smoked one weekend a few months back, and got pretty high, but it was like two more weeks before I decided to get more. The next stuff was WAY better. So my wife and I smoked the whole thing (like 2 pointsish) in a single sitting really fast, I'm now realizing. And smoking does hit you instantly, but it also like builds up a bit over like twenty mins or so. So we get done smoking a pretty copious amount, (even today with the other h experience we have now as opposed to our second time, I can look back and be like, 'yeah, that was just way way too much'). And we're totally screwed off when it's gone, of course, but then we stand up and go out to the living room, we both just crashed out so hard, neither of us was talking, just sitting next to each other. I could feel my heart beating soooooo slow and sooooo faint and I knew she was feeling the same thing. But we're both so out of breath we can't even talk about it, both trying to gasp air. This happened for like an hour and a half. I was so terrified that we were both gonna die sitting next to each other. She's smaller than me, so I was scared to fucking death that she might die while I'm sitting there and can't do anything. Like, this was nightmare shit. And just to be clear, I am NOT one of those scared punks who's always like, 'i'm dying, oh my god, take me to the hospital!' or shit like that. I've done every substance I've ever had access to and I've had every one that's worth doing at least twice. I know how to handle my shit, I'm not mister rookie drug user at all. I'm the guy laughing at those 'kids'. I call them kids and they're often older than me and get all butt hurt about it. But my friends who know me know what I mean and none of them gives me shit. Definitely a mild OD on that one. And I had experience, and my part of planet dirt isn't exactly a drug shipping port or anything. Like Id imagine you get shit in the Netherlands that a dime bag could kill a brand new non-user. Isn't there some place near the netherlands that's known to be like THE DRUG CAPITOL OF THE WORLD? I coulda sworn there was some place like that. *sarcasm* *fucking obviously sarcasm* Yeah, I wonder if they get better shit over there than random internet guy might get in Pittsburg?

Just be careful dude, and smoke a hit or two, then take a break for ten, fifteen minutes and let it catch up to you. You've probably already smoked it, but if not, just take your time and be careful and take breaks and pretty much, try not to act like a rookie who for some godawful reason decided that one of the hardest drugs in the world is the best thing to try first. That shit CAN kill you, I promise

I want to state I don't use heroin and I completely advise against using it. But are there any "real" differences between smoking it and injecting it?

Ohhhh yeah. I 99% of the time smoke and snort my boi. Only shot it once and my god I about came on myself, nothing can beat the rush nor the warm lovely nod. It brings out ALL of its potential thats for damn sure. Im pretty sure the BA of IV is about 100% if not exactly 100%, im not exactly sure the BA of smoking and snorting though but still I favor smoking it on foil more than anything, the taste is amazing. Smore or marshmellow taste. Most people favor the technique they used first, and the first time I used heroin, I smoked it on foil.

That sounds pretty intense, but are there any differences in the effects that you noticed?

every method of administration is slightly different, injecting gives the best rush dont know about smoking never tried it.

I think we should establish which kind of heroin we're talking about, i'm assuming op was referring to wc bth..

- Hopeless 7nos

shooting heroin > smoking
shooting heroin > snorting
shooting heroin > a productive and happy life