• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Smoking Heroin Megathread v. Like Chasing a Dragon

Ya, that had to be cut with some fent... I always heard it's very hard to OD on just smoking H(not saying impossible)just hard...or maybe some other downers were involved also? And smoking is not the most unhealthy way of doing it, as above poster said, just imagine how many hands, tables it's been on, what it's cut with, and uhhh if that was cut with fent and they shot it they probly would have just died on the damn spot.

You can absolutely overdose on smoking heroin... why couldn't you? Smoking gets the drug to your brain even faster than shooting it.

Tv always exxagerates when it comes to heroin use,who knows what other drugs had those fellas done that day..
Also,they could all have shoot up earlier and then proceed to smoke the rest,its very common,can keep the high and slows down the consuming process while enjoying that "ritualistic" feeling chasing offers.

In all these years ive almost never met a person who ODed by smoking(although im sure that it could happen to some ppl).

That disease you mention that ppl can get mostly from smoking is i think this:
A small percentage of heroin smokers, and occasionally IV users, may develop symptoms of toxic leukoencephalopathy. The cause has yet to be identified, but one speculation is that the disorder is caused by an uncommon adulterant that is only active when heated.[48][49][50] Symptoms include slurred speech and difficulty walking.

Other than that,its confirmed that its brutal to the lungs,especially if you dont preheat the foil before you use it,but as far as i know,these are the main(and maybe only?) dangers from smoking it..

Ya, I always found that a skethy thing I read...something like you were more likely to just pass out from smoking, was not stating a fact...

You can absolutely overdose on smoking heroin... why couldn't you? Smoking gets the drug to your brain even faster than shooting it.

I always heard this bs, as to how anyone rationally believes you can't od with this method is beyond me.

I always heard this bs, as to how anyone rationally believes you can't od with this method is beyond me.
well, Ive always thought with smoking it, you could control how much dope you are ingesting a little easier than IVing...I mean, once you get feeling good and high, time to stop smoking it, Plus Im not sure whether a point size amount of dope could be strong enough to OD someone by itself...usually it would take multiple points, being smoked one after the other, for hours.

if you smoke heroin you dont get addicted right?"
its only for IV use?
i need an answer before i try because i dont wanna get addicted?

You can still get addicted by smoking it. There's really no way around it. Heroin is extremely addictive even if you don't IV it.

Anything addictive you injest regardless of roa can develop a tolerance. when i moved from smoking to injecting it was because i was highly addicted already

i mostly smoked, for a long time… and i couldn't stop without going into severe withdrawals.

The only difference between smoking/injecting/snorting is the bioavailability and rush associated with each specific ROA. Tolerance will develop regardless and with tolerance comes dependence.

yes, my immediate assumption, but you never know… 1% chance poster truly doesn't know.

Last edited:
no i wanted to know so i posted a thread asking about it.
Thanks for the replies

Anything addictive you injest regardless of roa can develop a tolerance. when i moved from smoking to injecting it was because i was highly addicted already

i mostly smoked, for a long time… and i couldn't stop without going into severe withdrawals.
I also smoked it, it lacked the initial rush of IVing, but I liked smoking it, LOVED getting my foil and straw ready, watching all that beautiful smoke go up the straw...hold it in, AHHH..fucking great!

In addition to the normal heroin wds, with smoking, you also get to cough up nasty snot for 3 days, hard to catch your breath during this time too...smoking it is very tough on your lungs.

Only way to not get addicted is NOT to do it at all, or I guess maybe eating it, Ive never heard of anyone wasting H like this though, taking it like a pill, would be the exact same thing as taking a morphine tab.

True, smoking it was the shortest lasting of all the roas I used…. Was smoking every hour, took a break in afternoon then on again at night… having to have it 'right there' in the morning or I couldn't breathe!
There is no in-between. I quit! I remember panicking if I was out of foil or lost my lighter, my heart would start to race.
Had like 20 pieces under my seat in my car or so, smoking while driving my car… Real smart. Got pulled over to and my bottle with the tar was in-between my legs.

Yeah, heroin isn't manufactured to take orally, good point.. it's not synthetic like pills. The bioavailability just isn't there. I've heard it's a waste actually to swallow it… Damn, I couldn't even swallow my pills. :\

True, smoking it was the shortest lasting of all the roas I used…. Was smoking every hour, took a break in afternoon then on again at night… having to have it 'right there' in the morning or I couldn't breathe!
There is no in-between. I quit! I remember panicking if I was out of foil or lost my lighter, my heart would start to race.
Had like 20 pieces under my seat in my car or so, smoking while driving my car… Real smart. Got pulled over to and my bottle with the tar was in-between my legs.

Yeah, heroin isn't manufactured to take orally, good point.. it's not synthetic like pills. The bioavailability just isn't there. I've heard it's a waste actually to swallow it… Damn, I couldn't even swallow my pills. :\
Back when i was smoking regularly, I remember going thru bic lighters like fucking crazy LOL, a new one would last me, maybe 5 days..I was like, there is no fucking way that lighter can already be dead! but using it constantly to heat up foil, really uses them up fast.

One time, I was just waking up, had dope, but lighter was dead, I almost tore the house to pieces looking for another one, matches, anything, eventually I found a candle, managed to light the candle and sort of set it on top of a few books, it was huge candle, couldnt really hold it like a lighter, then tried to hold the foil over the candle, all while trying to keep the flame AND foil in the EXACT correct spot, so i wouldnt waste the dope by burning it up LOL.

After trying the candle thing a few times, it just was not working that good, had to drag my ass to the store to get another bic..crazy shit. lol

Last edited:
Yup! I was catching up to the amount of lighters I was using during my year of crack smoking (thank god that was short lived).
I've done the candle thing and off the stove in a black out in the house, when I couldn't find my lighter at 2 am. Thing is can't turn the candle off under the foil, or blow it out and inhale at the same time. lol. But, I tried. So much work all this dope smoking.

It's funny cos it's true, but it's not a laughing matter I guess when IN IT. I do laugh though mostly looking back at the extremes I went to, Oy!

I have about 4, 5 lighters I have not used since August 24th. I keep finding them