Skrillex? What do you guys think?

Skrillex is great for mixing. Scary monsters and nice sprites always finds its way into every DJ mix it seems.

However I'm very sick of his music.

I appreciate the work that has gone into it. His beat drops have genius lead-ons and the beat of his music is near ideal for raves.

I believe he'll be renowned by both the current generation and later ones. However, I'm fucking sick of hearing his voice. but Ill still dance to it.

Personally, I love skrillex for his basslines only, but I don't really like the cheesy atmosphere and background sounds that get used in his tracks to make it more appealing to the public and give it an 'emo'-touch.

The content (beat/basslines) is good to almost excellent, but the packaging (vocals, leads and other sounds) is rather wrong if you ask me.

I didn't realize there were so many skrillex haters out there. He's one of my favorite dubstep artists. I find his songs to be fairly unique. When a skrillex song comes on, you can immediately tell just by the sounds he uses. I can see why his stuff isn't for everyone, but to each his own. I did think he was great live though. And someone listen to his remix of Promises and tell me it's bad...

....sooo shitty....SO shitty...
It never ceases to amaze me how lacking it is.
I'm not even going to defend this post if anyone cares to attack me for it because I care so little about it. It's just that some emo co-worker of mine had to fucking blast those lifeless sounds in the warehouse and it reaffirmed why I hate working where I work, which is Guitar Center.

I dont care what any of you say. He rocked it at global and i got down. HAWWRD

Dude if ur high enough anything sounds decent. Give credit where it's REALLY due, which is the chems you had going on. And if you were sober, I feel mad bad for ya...
That video of him "rocking out" was ridiculous....and not in a remotely good way....
But enjoy what you want...

I can appreciate all sorts of music. Maybe he doesn't play all that well on a consistent basis, but I've seen a lot of electronic music and he put on a damn good set. Go look skrillex at gloal dance festival 2011 red rocks on youtube. Some nerdy kid recorded it all on a decent camera. That place was rockin when he played, so if you cant enjoy a good time go ride a dick, bitch.

Claiming that Skrillex puts on a "damn good set" paints a picture of the dumbass type of person you are. Probably a 17 year old candy raver who doesn't know the first thing about this music. You probably refer to Skrillex as "they". You are probably somebody that I never wish to meet. This scene is becoming about people like you, who will tell someone who is just stating their opinion on music to "Go ride a dick, bitch." Let me tell you something kid, you should "go ride a dick, bitch" all the way out of the EDM scene. Skrillex fucking blows. All of his music sounds the same and he gets too drunk to even mix. Why anyone would pay to see someone who obviously cares so little about his fans to put on a decent show is beyond me. I bought a ticket to a show he is opening for Pretty Lights, and feel stupid for even going but I do love PL's new set up. Skrillex still sucks.

I had the misfortune of hearing the Korn/Skrillex collabo the other day. It was Limp Bizkit-bad. BTW, the Kid Cudi album cover avatar says it all.

Skrillex at the congress 2 nights with Dada Life and Two Fresh and a "special guest". I don't know why but I kind of want to go. :) . I love Dada Life though and I bet the special guest is good.

There's only two skrillex songs that caught my attention but the rest were bleh

his music is alrite if you don't constantly listen to it all the time. i saw him at SummerCamp this year and during his 45 minute set his shit kept fucking up then he started fucking up.

he is a very technicaland talented musician and producer not too keen on his music though. Seen him twice both times the support dj's dicked all over him.....not a very good dj

i enjoyed seeing him. i prolly wont ever again but it was fun. deadmau5 on the other hand..

all i know of him is what these kids that constantly hang at my house w/ my sons have exposed my lobes to. They seem to think skrillex is amazing and they always play "Hey sexy lady" . i'm sooo fucking sick of that song.