Skrillex? What do you guys think?

Not really into dubstep or any of its subgenres, but good on Skrillex for actually being a talented producer and making something of it. Incredibly talented producer, actually, and that deserves respect from me.

Dubstep is sh*t. The occasional song is ok, but lately it is just sh*thouse.

^If he were only a little more "talented," he could afford to not look like a homeless witch.

Who gives a fuck about what he looks like?

He clearly is talented - unless you know the ins and outs of electronic music production, I don't think you could contest this!

i do know the ins and outs....fact is, hes a one trick pony. all his songs sound the same. he mastered one way of producing, and then quit. that pretty much destroys any thoughts of talent in my mind

...perhaps that's because he developed his own style, his own trademark sound?

Who do you rate as a good producer? Do you think 'good' and 'talented' are one and the same? Hmm.

good producers are rare, bud bad producers are a dime a dozen

by that i mean that alot of groups have one or two good tracks, and a whole bunch of ok ones

however, there are a bunch of people who have one or two ok tracks, and a whole bunch of bad ones

its rare that a producer will have more than just a couple good tracks

some producers I rate as good are (in no particular order) Tipper, Far Too Loud, Neurodriver, Hedflux, Noisia, Elite Force, old Bassnectar....others too, those are just the ones off the top of my head

and any producer will is bad if they cant evolve their sound....all ^^ have a wide array of sounds and influences....they're songs may be distinct in style, but they are individual none the less

I am a drum and bass head. I am mixing some vinyl right now. I have been in the scene for a really long time. At first, I enjoyed dub step, back when it sounded like dub.. But this Skrillex shit. I don't like what he is doing with it. He is making dubstep into some electro sounding shit. I don't like the crowd he draws in either. Bunch of really young kids that don't know alot about techno yet.

That being said, at least he IS techno. Beats rap. So it is kind of iffy with me. I would NEVER go to see him though. This chick wanted me to go with her to see him and I just could not.

if you havent seen his new music video for equinox, http://youtu.be/2cXDgFwE13g check it out, might change your views on where exactly his music is comin from in that head of his. oh, and if your listenin to dub and you dont have at least a couple hundred watts of bass then your wastin your time. its all gonna sound like shit. if i have learned anything its you cant judge a musician til u seen em live, and u cant judge techno without fuckin bass. period.

I am a drum and bass head. I am mixing some vinyl right now. I have been in the scene for a really long time. At first, I enjoyed dub step, back when it sounded like dub.. But this Skrillex shit. I don't like what he is doing with it. He is making dubstep into some electro sounding shit. I don't like the crowd he draws in either. Bunch of really young kids that don't know alot about techno yet.

That being said, at least he IS techno. Beats rap. So it is kind of iffy with me. I would NEVER go to see him though. This chick wanted me to go with her to see him and I just could not.

Well technically Skillrex doesn't play techno (unless he recently changed his style). But overall, I do agree with you. I'd rather people listen to Skillrex than to commercial rap and top 40 type stuff.

skrillex is a good producer. theres far too much hate for him when theres much shitter music being produced and slammed into the mainstream. he mixes dubstep with electro house and other types of house, etc. i fail to see what the problem is

skrillex is judged too much. He makes for fun shows, too, though he's not nearly as skilled at djing as he is at production, which is why I like people like Bassnectar better, but still I think his music is damn good

My friend brittany is going to see him in Austin Friday or Saturday, I will let yall [you guys] know how it goes.

btw, I got plenty of fucking bass.

i saw him live at edc vegas 2011 - it was a huge crowd he drew insane.. wasnt a bad performance but he does draw a lot of noobz - gonna see him at paradiso amsterdam nov 18.

I like a few of his songs and think that most of the rest aren't all that great. The ones I like he doesn't really play all too much in shows. I hate how over-hyped his remix of Cinema is. When I saw him live I was not impressed and he kept on saying stupid shit to the audience that really didn't fit the show.

ive heard his music and dont dislike it . but what it seems me ( im just saying what i thnk) is that his music is a trend that fits well in todays ever evolving beat and sound . my wife used to listen to him before he was skrillex and loved the music and now she's ehhh about it ( she doesnt like dubstep (shes a hater i am too ) ) but hes a good sound engineer and im hoping he makes a really good trance song one these days ............ a journey if you know what i mean. dubtrance hehehe maybe idk make it happen . just my 2 cents

if you know a dubtrance ish song lemme know!

^ yeah. I have noticed he always starts the song off really soft and poppy, to draw people in. Then he lets the beat drop, and it gets all hardcore for a minute, then goes back to a soft chorus. Same pattern every song.