Skrillex? What do you guys think?

Hate Skrillex... Its not the dubstep I started loving. I love 'robot dubstep' i.e. Datsik, some productions are out of this world. Skrillex is samey crap aimed at the masses, same as Magnetic Man. No I don't give a flying fuck that coki is in magnetic man.

On Tiesto hate, Adagio for Strings and elements of life are two iconic songs for my life. Tiestio is an EXCELLENT producer.

In no particular order, 3 trance tunes that I still listen to, even after all these years.

1. Brainbug - Nightmare
2 Binary Finary - 1999
3 Tiesto - Adagio for strings/Elements of life

We can add Dash Berlin - Till the sky falls down to that aswell, dreamy track.

Hah yea I saw Shpongle just a month ago here in town though. It was tight and I would like to see him again, especially since our bar doesn't have the ceiling to set up that huge Shpongletron set in.

But if I missed it I wouldn't be too sad. I really want to see Archnemesis, which creates a problem especially because it is far away from the bigger stages. Plus who knows what craziness will be going on at the Forest Stage during all this?!?!?

Can somebody help me out and tell me how to plan my Electric Forest Saturday night around not seeing skrillex? It's not that there's no other options, it's just that there's too many.

http://www.electricforestfestival.com/lineup/schedule

FYI Archnemesis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ki3-zTdWxY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVbBSrtsDC4

Just avoid the 14-18 crowd. They will all be cramming in front of the stage to see skrillex lol.

Also is it just me or does skrillex have a doppleganger out there. Seems like he is playing every show, everywhere.

I wouldn't call it true dubstep, but imo he mixes some funky sounds and it goes off well in the club.

prob going to see him this week.... ill give him one chance, i heard he tears the roof off live..

I don't care what you label it, Skrillex is dope!

^I agree with this.

Who cares if its not "DUBSTEP"

Whatever it is, doesn't change the fact that some of his beats sound pretty damn cool. Big ups on getting in a few tracks with Excision on the new X Sessions mix. Some catchy shit %)

I think a lot of people are hating on him because he's taking off with sounds from dubstep/dnb/house/trance(not so much) and making appeal to everyone.
I don't know about that. I don't care about his popularity. To me, his sound is just unpleasant.

I wouldn't call it true dubstep, but imo he mixes some funky sounds and it goes off well in the club.

LOL "true dubstep" You guys make me laugh.
It all sounds the same to people that are sick of hearing the monotonous wobble wobble music for 12 hours non-stop.
I swear, this shit happens to every music genre. As soon as people start expanding from one single music genre into 10 different sub-genre's, suddenly it will start imploding by its own fan base.

It happened to hardcore/gabber when it crossed over to happy hardcore, and it also happened to Jungle/Drum & Bass right when it started getting all fruity with the trance melodies.
Anyone that has ever been a part of rave culture a decade ago knows that trance & jungle don't mix, so this was a sign of when it all started going downhill.

I can't wait until someone starts blending happy hardcore with dubstep, and invokes another sub-genre of dubstep called HAPPY-STEP followed by Sister-Step

Oh Joy!!!!

Last edited: