Skrillex? What do you guys think?

to everyone saying "his DJ skills are crap," he's actually getting a lot better with this. I saw him at ultra in march, EDC in june, and a couple of weeks ago at a local venue. I was actually impressed with how well he was mixing stuff together when he played here. His skills have definitely improved since his ultra set.

btw his setup for his current tour is SICK.

315834_291905657487927_100000054852674_1208037_1340525227_n.jpg

i loved skrillex when i first heard scary monsters and nice sprites, but now, at least for me, hes WAY too mainstream. i'm very pretentious when it comes to music and i don't like the kind of crowd hes drawing into the EDM scene. a bunch of college kids who don't know the first thing about EDM/dubstep and just wanna get fucked up at his shows. i've seen skrillex 3 times and his shows are always crazy, but music-wise, hes just trying to bang out as many songs as possible. i cant keep up. hes noisestep, but also experiments with other genres like dnb and house. used to love him, now not digging him being on the radio and tv and shit, but maybe thats just me. i'm sick of seeing skrilly being mentioned under EVERY dubstep song on youtube and all over facebook, and i cant tell you how many times ive heard him being blasted in my dorm building. totally overrated and a lot of his songs sound the same

also, hes not very good at performing. his sets are totally pre-recorded, very little improvisation/musicianship at all. the skrillex cell was cool to see though. just wish i hadnt been having a terrible accidental 2c-e trip....

Last edited:
Yeah, never been too much of a fan, some of his tracks are dope.

I'm not tryna bash Skillex though, I fucking love his basses that he has and Cat Rats is a cool fkn song.

Gonna see him Saturday @ Hard. Heard he's good live, but I looked at a few vids of him and his set is prerecorded. Not cool man.

What about the people who pay $69 to see him? Yes, his tickets are actually that expensive in Vancouver.

I would not pay $69 to see any dubstep DJ. I don't even think they are worth that amount.
I'll give Skillrex props though because he's doing something right, and he sounds a lot different than the rest of the dubstep artists I've heard.

Skrillex + The Doors Covering Miles Davis

At first I thought this had to be a joke, but nope...

from
http://www.factmag.com/2011/10/27/skrillex-and-the-doors-team-up-cover-miles-davis/

Skrillex, dubstep’s first genuine superstar and perhaps the most divisive man in dance music right now, has collaborated with the remaining members of The Doors.

No, that’s not a joke. In what’s being billed as the first Doors track of the 21st century, Ray Manzarek, Robby Krieger and John Densmore have got in the studio with Skrillex to record a “variation” on Miles Davis’s ‘Milestones’, as part of a forthcoming music documentary titled RE:GENERATION, directed by Amir Bar-Lev.

In Manzarek’s words, the collaboration “sounds fucking great, hot as hell. [Skrillex] plays his beat, all he had to do was play the one thing … I listened to it and I said, ‘Holy shit, that’s strong.’” We bet it does.

RE:GENERATION will also feature collaborations between Mark Ronson and Erykah Badu, Nas, DJ Premier and the Berklee Collage of Orchestra [via The Guardian].

overrated, but I like his style...he produces aggressive dance music with a twist. I prefer people's remixes of all of his popular tunes though, much more than the originals...except Ruffneck bass. That is pretty badman on it's own.

That Skrillex Cell is fucking RAAAAAAAAAAD!! I'd love to see that on MDA.

I agree with whoever said that his crowd of people he caters to are fucked though - buncha people who just wanna get really really fucked and gurn their faces off to his insane sounds...no real soul. Just stimuli.

Last edited:
like him or hate him, he is doing what he likes . traveling over the world sharing his music with people who want to hear his music, kuddos to him. Every musician that has made it big has always had a back lash. always has always will. im not going to dog musicians who are living out their dreams.

like him or hate him, he is doing what he likes . Traveling over the world sharing his music with people who want to hear his music, kuddos to him. Every musician that has made it big has always had a back lash. Always has always will. Im not going to dog musicians who are living out their dreams.
exactly!!!!! <3

I don't care if he hangs out with Skream/Benga or whoever, it's just pure nonsense to ruin a hardcore genre with gay synths, chopped chipmunk vocals and cheesy poppy shit just so you can make a shitload of money and be an icon to a fanbase that consists of 13 year old wannabe dubheads and doesn't know shit about music.:X

He is ok wouldnt pay to see him. Saw Ajapai recently and enjoyed it. It was a true live show.