Site Upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it, good work guys..
But yeah, people that have been here for a while should be able to upload avatars, just because we don't post much, doesn't mean we don't visit much : )

Skydancer-

can you make any kind of exception to the 1000 posts plus in order to post an avatar? I have been here a while, but only post here and there. If you add my posts before my name was reset back in 99 I would have the 1000 posts required.

Come on... be a pal.... PLEASE.

eh, I could just go on a posting spree this weekend, but I'd rather not resort to nonsense.

If you are involved in the design of this site, please humor me and read this...

I'm impressed, it'll take some getting used to but I'm impressed..

BUT! .....

1)Make the font larger. I'm entirely serious when I say that otherwise, I'm going to have to buy glasses if I want to continue reading/posting on this site. And I have good vision.

2)Change the damn post/thread format so that (as stated previously) short posts dont take up as much space as long posts, and please for the love of all that is holy and unholy, CONNECT the damn posts so that less space is used, and its a much easier and more seamless read. Nobody needs an inch or more of white empty space between EVERY post. That's way too much space! I'm certainly not a tech genius (hell, I still have issues w/ HTML) but I must say I'm very surprised by the layout for posts within a thread.

Those are my only two major issues with the New Bluelight, and It's come to my attention that I'm far from the only one frustrated with these two issues. For the most part, great job guys. You've done us all proud. ;)

Peace ~Katie

I found a bug

I was trying to do a search in psychedelics for 2c-b, but it keeps telling me that my search term is under the minimum search limit. This sucks, because I want to know more about 2c-b, but don't think I'd find something if I searched for 4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine... is this anything that you guys can change, or is it vb's deal?

Gr, it's annoying.

agree with KraZeeY and Dazzle.

great work skydancer and jakoz.

Its about time...

...props on the upgrade. Now I can actually contribute and not have to worry about manually watching my threads. ;)

evans
aim: evans970

So who else is getting off on knowing who you've been on BL longer than? ;)

ummm, i wouldn't always trust what you read dude - sometimes people change handles or in my case, ubb ate my account back in may 2001 so the admins had to recreate it for me......

oh yeah, and what does the warn button do - i'm scared to touch it ;)

bk

[edit]
just on the topic of having the date you joined on display - i am just curious as to why this has been made so prominent? is it really a necessary piece of information to have in display all the time or better off in your profile like before (i thought it was good there).... it's just there is other information i'd rather have displayed under my name over when i joined, eg. maybe country of origin - this could be helpful in forums where information differs from country to country
[/edit]

Last edited:
niiiice...

definately worth those couple of days being faced with that 'poor souls' comment..

I love it I feel like one of the Beach Boys. But I thought it was a bus camera at first, I wana cry Ahhhhhh Ahhhhh Ahhh ah ah AHHH ah ah AHHHH Ha AHhhhh....... Bluelight is so just a soldier o' fortune style mannnn.

Re: If you are involved in the design of this site, please humor me and read this...

bdreligrrl said:
I'm impressed, it'll take some getting used to but I'm impressed..

BUT! .....

1)Make the font larger. I'm entirely serious when I say that otherwise, I'm going to have to buy glasses if I want to continue reading/posting on this site. And I have good vision.

2)Change the damn post/thread format so that (as stated previously) short posts dont take up as much space as long posts, and please for the love of all that is holy and unholy, CONNECT the damn posts so that less space is used, and its a much easier and more seamless read. Nobody needs an inch or more of white empty space between EVERY post. That's way too much space! I'm certainly not a tech genius (hell, I still have issues w/ HTML) but I must say I'm very surprised by the layout for posts within a thread.

Those are my only two major issues with the New Bluelight, and It's come to my attention that I'm far from the only one frustrated with these two issues. For the most part, great job guys. You've done us all proud. ;)

i echo everything in this post :) also, how come the signatures are right justified, it looks ghey!! otherwise, thanks for all the hard work that went into this :)

Seems like a lot of nice stuff, tho it will take me a while to adjust.

I do think there should be a 'minimal' style with post listings similar to the old BL -- bigger test, closer together (like the thread summary that shows up below this posting window.) It made for much quicker skimming of long threads.

I'm Going BLIND!!!

New site looks great!

but for those with high resolution screens it is REALLY hard to see because the CSS fonts are set at specific values, as opposed to relative ones. Im running at 1600x1200 right now and can barely see this text

it'd be cool if you guys set up the fonts to be relative. this way they can be set by both the OS and the Browser. this goes for the graphic buttons too.. the text on them is only a few pixels high!

here's the homepage resized to 1024x786 from 1600x1200 to give you an idea what im lookin at:

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/andrewfitz/BL-hires.gif

actually the text to the left of posts, where it says Posts,Jioned, status, etc is the perfect size, and so is text where people have changes the text from default.. so it might not be too hard to change the text to resize :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.